Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 79  (Read 2712 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 79
« on: July 29, 2012, 05:15:27 AM »

"This is exciting... I wonder what will happen next!"

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------
**Full Heals reset limit and other types of gauges when teams pass through them.

Team Jo'ou | Zerase (Resourceless), Alys, White Rose, Billy, FFT Priest
Floor 5a: Ceaseheal
*On this floor, restoration of HP and MP are reduced to 10% (of whatever they normally were (ANY healing is 10%, even if it was overkill full healing)) and revival may not be used by the player team.
Team Jo'ou vs. Reno, Rude and Elena (Midgar forms)
Team Jo'ou vs. Krin, Karn and Jane
Team Jo'ou vs. Yulie, Nina1 and Yukiko
Team Jo'ou vs. Mua, Golem and Cecil
Team Jo'ou vs. Berle

Team Piggyman | Athos, Ramza, Worker 8, Adray, Moulder, Nall (Vantage Sealstone)
[Ramza: Priest, Item, Auto Potion, Half MP] [Athos: Fire, Thunder, Purge, Mend, Restore] [Chemist, Wizard, Priest]
[Floor 4: Diff'rent Strokes]
Team Piggyman vs. Hahn, Tia, Gadwin, Luna, Mareg and Shana
Team Piggyman vs. Yumei, Badrach, Aelia, Lorenta and Grey
Team Piggyman vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan, Alma and Reis
Team Piggyman vs. Albel, Adray, Roger Huxley, Noel and Chisato
Team Piggyman vs. Palom, Porom, Edward, Cid and Yang

Team OK likes the Man Festival | Yuri1, Yuri2, Nash, Adray, Robo
[Floor 2a: Adventuring (Earlygame)]
Team OK vs. Flay and Nikki
Team OK vs. Jack(WA:ACF) and Rudy(WAo1)
Team OK vs. Opera, Ernest and Celene
Team OK vs. Killey (S2) and Lorelai (S5)
Team OK vs. Sothe, Karn, Edward and Vyse

Team Tide | Ramza, Cecilia ACF, Citan, RAP MASTER SEIFER (Body Charge), Raynie
[Ramza: Time Mage/Item/Auto Potion/Short Charge/FLOAT] [Chemist, Wizard, Time Mage (Summoner)]
Team Tide vs. Hahn, Tia, Gadwin, Luna, Mareg and Shana
Team Tide vs. Yumei, Badrach, Aelia, Lorenta and Grey
Team Tide vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan, Alma and Reis
Team Tide vs. Albel, Adray, Roger Huxley, Noel and Chisato
Team Tide vs. Palom, Porom, Edward, Cid and Yang

Resourceless - One character's spells and abilities are now free but you may not use the same ability more than once a fight. This does not apply to moves that drain all resources.

Vantage - Counterattack abilities activate BEFORE being attacked. Also increases the chance of any counter attack activation skill to 100%. This only affects allies.

Body Charge - Increases the health, damage and effective speed of a character by 1.3x and decreases damage to them to .7x, but increases the cost of the character by 1.5x (rounded to nearest half point, .5s are 1.0s).
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 07:04:06 AM by Nephrite »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 79
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 01:12:47 PM »
Team Jo'ou vs. Reno, Rude and Elena (Midgar forms)- Zerase clears the field.
Team Jo'ou vs. Krin, Karn and Jane- Here too. Karn and Krin might get off an attack, but Priest/WR can heal up the worst of it.
Team Jo'ou vs. Yulie, Nina1 and Yukiko- Oh, wow. This is trouble.Nina1 has first strike with Wall, which nulls an opening Zerase spell.... except that Alys can respond with a Foi and break it. Whoops, never mind.
Team Jo'ou vs. Mua, Golem and Cecil- Mua eats Death, Golem gets nuked. Cecil isn't a threat on his own.
Team Jo'ou vs. Berle- Saner. *splat*

Team Piggyman | Athos, Ramza, Worker 8, Adray, Moulder, Nall (Vantage Sealstone)
[Ramza: Priest, Item, Auto Potion, Half MP] [Athos: Fire, Thunder, Purge, Mend, Restore] [Chemist, Wizard, Priest]
Team Piggyman vs. Hahn, Tia, Gadwin, Luna, Mareg and Shana- Whoof. Tough fight.  Athos should OHKO Luna. Hahn gets taken down by Ramza+Adray. Mareg+Tia+Gadwin might be able to kill a single PC, but Ramza can always revive at absolute worst.
Team Piggyman vs. Yumei, Badrach, Aelia, Lorenta and Grey- Ramza+Athos should be able to each pick off a PC. Field is managable from there.
Team Piggyman vs.Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan, Alma and Reis- Athos 100% has to kill Olan or else galaxy stop will wreck his team.  Ramza should tac nuke Cloud.  Alma can Mbarrier someone  (Beowulf?). But I think the fight is controllable from that point. It is straight up a speed check, as Ramza has to beat cloud to the punch or all hell breaks loose.
Team Piggyman vs. Albel, Adray, Roger Huxley, Noel and Chisato- Vantage should eat this team alive. Athos wins speed tiebreaks and nukes the fuck out of Albel, rest of the team isn't that scary.
Team Piggyman vs. Palom, Porom, Edward, Cid and Yang- Yang can put Athos to sleep (and is durable enough to deal with the counter). Edward can status out Ramza as well. Let's assume that Moulder is promoted, and Moulder+Adray is enough to kill Palom. If W8 beats Porom to the punch and OHKOs her (He is like 2% off from it based on 4a), he probably wins.  If either Palom or Porom get a turn, Adray is getting statused and his team is in deep trouble. I'm kneejerking that one of the twins is getting a turn.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 04:42:49 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 02:29:53 PM »
Don't have the time just yet for a full write-up and analysis, so I'll just point out a couple of things.

Team Piggyman vs.Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan, Alma and Reis- Athos 100% has to kill Olan or else galaxy stop will wreck his team.  Ramza should tac nuke Cloud.  Alma can Mbarrier someone  (Beowulf?). But I think the fight is controllable from that point. It is straight up a speed check, as Ramza has to beat cloud to the punch or all hell breaks loose.

According to the stat topic, Priest is faster than Cloud. Although White Magic does have charge times, so does Cloud's Limits, and the dangerous limits aren't outracing Ramza.

Team Piggyman vs. Palom, Porom, Edward, Cid and Yang- Yang can put Athos to sleep (and is durable enough to deal with the counter). Edward can status out Ramza as well. Let's assume that Moulder is promoted, and Moulder+Adray is enough to kill Palom. If W8 beats Porom to the punch and OHKOs her (He is like 2% off from it based on 4a), he probably wins.  If either Palom or Porom get a turn, Adray is getting statused and his team is in deep trouble. I'm kneejerking that one of the twins is getting a turn.

Rather than focus on the twins, I think having Adray kill off Yang is a better plan. Since this is the last fight of Floor 4, I think considering Moulder promoted is fair, but either way, I don't think it matters. Curing Athos of status is a better plan anyways, so that he can unleash his own nuke. Regardless, once Yang is dead, my entire team can be status'd and it wouldn't matter. Palom and Porom can't even scratch Worker 8, nevermind that Worker 8's counter arguably kills them anyways. Yang has a Bolt Claw, which means he actually has damage against Worker 8, but that's why I emphasize that he should be the first one killed. Edward and Cid do not have the offense to take down Worker 8.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 03:02:22 PM »
Team Jou'ou and OK pass without much trouble I think.

Piggy fails, Super's analysis works especially since Moulder and Adray don't have the offense to take out one of the twins and I don't think Athos attack + Adray spell is enough to kill Yang. Also Piggy, I'm pretty sure that Worker 8 doesn't win a one on one against Cid. Hammers do extra damage to machines (first source I found said quadruple damage but I want to find another to be sure) and Thor's hammer is thunder elemental on top of that. With his really good physical durability Cid spoils Worker 8 quite easily even with Vantage.

Edit: This is fairly minor, but should Ramza be able to equip Half MP if he hasn't spent a floor as a Summoner?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 03:22:16 PM by dude789 »

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 03:24:57 PM »
Team Jou'ou and OK pass without much trouble I think.

Piggy fails, Super's analysis works especially since Moulder and Adray don't have the offense to take out one of the twins and I don't think Athos attack + Adray spell is enough to kill Yang. Also Piggy, I'm pretty sure that Worker 8 doesn't win a one on one against Cid. Hammers do extra damage to machines (first source I found said quadruple damage but I want to find another to be sure) and Thor's hammer is thunder elemental on top of that. With his really good physical durability Cid spoils Worker 8 quite easily even with Vantage.

Edit: This is fairly minor, but should Ramza be able to equip Half MP if he hasn't spent a floor as a Summoner?

I have, actually, spent a floor as a Summoner. On Floor 3, I was allowed two classes, and I made Summoner my second option. I just haven't actually switched to it yet.

Also, did not know Cid's weapon was thunder-element. In that case, rather than aiming to kill Yang, maybe Athos and Adray can instead opt to nuke Cid? Yang and Cid will have been both hurt sufficiently so that a Worker 8 counter can potentially kill them off then, no?

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 03:30:55 PM »
That leaves the twins alive who are the biggest problem for your team and Athos + Worker may not be enough to kill Yang or Cid. Their health is really good.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 03:40:59 PM »
That leaves the twins alive who are the biggest problem for your team and Athos + Worker may not be enough to kill Yang or Cid. Their health is really good.

How about TWO attacks from Worker 8 and one nuke from Athos? Yang and Cid have a lot of HP, I'll grant you that, but it's not Ness-level, and even with the lightning element, I'm not convinced a physical from Cid and Yang (whose attacks are below average damage anyways, and is further decreased by Defense Up) is enough to kill Worker 8. If they try to attack him AGAIN, they're getting another attack, and Worker 8 has his own turn, too, to really ensure a kill (even though Yang probably doubles Worker 8). When it's just Palom/Porom vs. Worker 8, I essentially win.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 04:19:45 PM »
Team Jo'ou | Zerase (Resourceless), Alys, White Rose, Billy, FFT Priest
Floor 5a: Ceaseheal
*On this floor, restoration of HP and MP are reduced to 10% (of whatever they normally were (ANY healing is 10%, even if it was overkill full healing)) and revival may not be used by the player team.

Team Jo'ou vs. Reno, Rude and Elena (Midgar forms) - lulz. Just... lulz. 
Team Jo'ou vs. Krin, Karn and Jane - INITIATIVE LIGHTSWORD HYPE probably seals this fight dead. MT accuracy-ignoring evade buff is kinda silly.
Team Jo'ou vs. Yulie, Nina1 and Yukiko - The Foi strategy to spoil Wall pretty much ensures Nina1 doesn't get to see turns to revive people, sure. Past that, Billy solos Yulie.
Team Jo'ou vs. Mua, Golem and Cecil - luuuuuuuuulz
Team Jo'ou vs. Berle - Oh dear god Saner+LightSword against Berle. :meeplina:

Team Piggyman vs. Hahn, Tia, Gadwin, Luna, Mareg and Shana - Tia and Luna status is lulz against Dorothy/Athos/Worker. Athos one-rounds Hahn, Tia gets OHKOed by Holy... W8 should work on Shana. Thing is... hmmm. Gadwin/Mareg/Shana => Dead half of Piggy, that's a lot of MT that bypasses offensive counters. Good thing Shana's MT is turn two! Fortunately, the non-dead half involves the key people in the team. So, Athos finishes Mareg off and the team slowly slugs down Gadwin/Shana. Jesus, this is a doozy.
Team Piggyman vs. Yumei, Badrach, Aelia, Lorenta and Grey - Athos picks a PC every turn, so they can manage.
Team Piggyman vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan, Alma and Reis - So much uncounterable damage here and so many people to pick off. The fundamental problem here is that Worker -himself- spoils a lot of Piggy's tricks. The ITD+ITE on Athos is a good start. Beowulf and Olan (OLAN particularly) get free cracks at the team, which is pretty much patsing half the force pretty fast. FFT Cloud will decisively off one PC of his leisure and, once again, there's so much counter-bypassing shit here that the team is unlikey to go anywhere. I really don't see how you can handle this fight without either having Status Symbol Law (A FIGHT WHERE IT'S SINCERELY USEFUL WHAT THE FUCK) or MT blitzing from hell.
Team Piggyman vs. Albel, Adray, Roger Huxley, Noel and Chisato
Team Piggyman vs. Palom, Porom, Edward, Cid and Yang - For what it's worth, I don't think -this- fight would be particularly problematic. Ramza immunes Sleep and Silence, now Edward status has sub-50% odds of being anything worth writing about, lulz yang status hitting turn one against near-70 FE7 evade at midgame and Ramza/Athos just fweem the twins. Just have a fun handling the FFT fight.

Team OK likes the Man Festival | Yuri1, Yuri2, Nash, Adray, Robo
[Floor 2a: Adventuring (Earlygame)]
Team OK vs. Flay and Nikki - Nikki is faster than everybody ever, but eats Nash Petrify (look at that mdef) or Confuse. Past that, Yuris :yuri: it out.
Team OK vs. Jack(WA:ACF) and Rudy(WAo1) - lulz st losers slower than yuri and nash
Team OK vs. Opera, Ernest and Celine - The lulz continue.
Team OK vs. Killey (S2) and Lorelai (S5) - They probably leave Robo to die here. Who cares.
Team OK vs. Sothe, Karn, Edward and Vyse - Oh wow.

[Ramza: Time Mage/Item/Auto Potion/Short Charge/FLOAT] [Chemist, Wizard, Time Mage (Summoner)]
Team Tide vs. Hahn, Tia, Gadwin, Luna, Mareg and Shana - Okay, once again, why this floor is a bad mother of fucking. So much emphasis on MT nuking it's not funny. But oh well. First things first: Hahn must die, so Citan and Seifer pile up on him. Second: take Luna out (Stop from TM Dorothy works), then Raynie and Cecilia work on Tia. Mareg and Gadwin can deal pretty nasty damage, but Dorothy undoes a fair deal of it with Auto-Potion and if they try to be cute that way holy crap they're eating Seifer limit death. Not fun. So, likely, what the team'll do is pick off people and then heal up for the next wave. I'm assuming nobody will let Seifer stick around below 75% HP on the opposing team unless they can kill him. BC Seifer getting hit by Drowsy turn one is kinda lulz to me as well.
Team Tide vs. Yumei, Badrach, Aelia, Lorenta and Grey - Stop+judicious tinkering once again works here. Revival will be needed, but so it goes.
Team Tide vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan, Alma and Reis - UM. Okay. Tide -has- to nuke Olan. This he can do. But can he nuke Olan and keep the party going when Cloud+Beowulf are statusing people right and left and there's Alma to MBarrier people and Reis+Worker to deal pressure? Having the people with crowd control sport below average speed sucks -ass- and this setup can mangle roughly 3-4 people a turn before factoring in Olan. I didn't stop to look at this fight very closely before, but holy -shit- Neph you need to take a couple people out of this setup at least while you don't have a floor option for 4 that doesn't punish ST reliance as heavily as this (you don't even need -that- much MT emphasis - if you can MT 2HKO average with a couple people that are faster than the FFT folks, which isn't -too- hard, you're good to go. But anything below that is fffffff). But okay. Citan and Seifer down Olan... then who goes next? Raynie/Ramza. Raynie should have Sleep by now, but that won't be much use with FFT blockers (._.) and... wait Beo can't block both Sleep and Stop at once, but he can... setup for dodging Stop turn one and blocking Sleep. So, Raynie is relegated to pure offense. So, Beo likely statuses Ceci or Ramza (Sleep or Don't Act both work well here, he probably aims for Ceci first). Don't Act is convenient because Ramza can't heal it to boot. So Cloud gets a turn to own one of the offense guys - likely Seifer Meanwhile, Alma/Reis/Worker gang up on people for murder - thinking they manage to off Citan together, honestly. And now the team is in the shitter. Yeah no.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 11:54:01 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 04:23:00 PM »

How about TWO attacks from Worker 8 and one nuke from Athos? Yang and Cid have a lot of HP, I'll grant you that, but it's not Ness-level, and even with the lightning element, I'm not convinced a physical from Cid and Yang (whose attacks are below average damage anyways, and is further decreased by Defense Up) is enough to kill Worker 8. If they try to attack him AGAIN, they're getting another attack, and Worker 8 has his own turn, too, to really ensure a kill (even though Yang probably doubles Worker 8). When it's just Palom/Porom vs. Worker 8, I essentially win.
Yang's health actually is around Ness's level. They both have around 1.7 PCHP (Cid's like 1.5), but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that and say that Worker x2 and Athos are able to kill them. The problem with this though is that it still gives Palom and Porom turns to work and they only need one turn to shut down the majority of your status vulnerable team. If Palom and Porom are left alone against Worker 8 then Porom just busts out her full revival and revives Yang or Cid. Yang also has pretty good evasion so there's always a chance that one of those attacks against him might miss. 

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 04:29:32 PM »
FF4 evasion is wretched and useless for actually dodging attacks. Yang survives attacks from Athos, pretty surely, but only by virtue of not being doubled, honestly.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 04:32:50 PM »
Just confirming that Piggy did take Summoner as a bonus, I need to start listing those in the future -- sorry!

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 04:38:47 PM »
Cloud is slower at endgame than Priest, but he has better speed boosting options at this point.    Also, how does Ramza block silence and sleep at the same time?

Also, the twins getting a turn is *BAD*. Porom has Full life and can just revive Yang if he's killed, and Palom can start doing nasty things to your team in general.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 04:59:30 PM »
Gold Hairpin+sleep statusblocker, unless I'm going completely nuts. Granted, Gold Hairpin may be floor 5, in which case, horror ensues.

EDIT: Not that I -think- it matters in practice, since Piggy dies before the FF4 fight as far as I'm concerned, but so it goes. >_>

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2012, 05:03:57 PM »
Cloud is slower at endgame than Priest, but he has better speed boosting options at this point.

Hm? Priest can equip any speed-boosters Cloud can, i.e. hats. There's also a good case for Cloud to have some sort of level penalty to boot, so yeaah, this is really an easy speed tie-break to make if you ask me. The only reason Cloud might go first is if Ramza is equipping for status immunity, and only if the Gold Hairpin is seen as legit for floor 4... it's probably floor 5 to me. (Which of course is bad news here for other reasons.)

Also yeah, Athos isn't being statused by anything that checks evade turn 1, that evade is ludicrously good at floor 4.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2012, 05:22:03 PM »
Thief hats aren't storebought yet at floor 7, Cloud is at endgame.
-------------------

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2012, 07:53:58 PM »
Checking the FFT shop FAQ...  there are 48 battles before the final segment at Orbonne (which is Floor 7).  48/6 = 8 battles a floor.  So Floor 4 is roughly battles 25-32 (= back half of Chapter 3).  Golden Hairpin unlocks after battle 28.  So seems legit Floor 4 to me.  (I certainly run with what's legal at the *end* of the floor in general to save sanity, also makes Floor 1 less crazy.)

Also Cloud definitely eats a nasty level penalty to me, AND he has Charge Times.  May not matter since Piggy's team is short on MT and Olan / Alma must die die die, which gives the rest of the crew time to do some damage.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 07:56:29 PM by SnowFire »

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2012, 08:05:25 PM »
It isn't like Olan getting off Galaxy Stop is the immediate end of things. OH NO DON'T MOVE.

(I realize the problem is Stop moreso than anything but still)

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2012, 09:43:37 PM »
Tentative fail for Team Piggy.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2012, 01:45:30 AM »
Team OK passes.

Team Piggyman vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan, Alma and Reis

Speedbreaks look something vaguely like this to me, sticking people where their charge time stuff goes off.  Note that I give Cloud a level penalty and force Reis to her human form.  Olan... hmm, so Olan's Galaxy Stop takes 5 clock ticks to resolve, which is actually pretty long despite Olan's good speed.  So it goes off around when someone of 85% speed would take action.

Ramza-if-he-thwacks-with-staff
Reis's Breath
Athos
Moulder
Adray
Alma's MBarrier
Olan's Galaxy Stop
Ramza's healing or Holy
Good Worker 8
Beowulf
Evil Worker 8
Cloud's Finish Touch

Reis hits Athos (apparently Bracelets are uncounterable, which is good since Forblaze has a damage bonus vs. dragons), Ramza...  charges Holy I guess?  Athos kills Olan.  Moulder & Adray...  sure they take out Alma, I'd probably lock her to the Ribbon.  Ramza Holies Cloud (no shields for him).  Good Worker 8 should be able to finish off Cloud.  Maybe Cloud could have gotten some damage in if he saw this coming and avoided any kind of charge-time hit argument, but it wouldn't have been much damage, so probably better to charge something up.  Beowulf (uncounterably) hits Ramza with some status he isn't blocking, and Evil Worker 8..  hmm, goes for Athos, sure, Athos needs to die.  Reis tosses in some more MDef-ignoring damage... W8 + 2x Human Reis turns should do somewhere around ~1.2 PCHP which is probably enough to kill unscaled Dungeon Athos.

Situation check: It's around average init of turn 2, Athos is dead, Ramza is statused; Alma/ Olan / Cloud are dead too.  I guess while Moulder, uh, attacks Beowulf?  Adray Cure Conditions Ramza.  Good Worker 8 smashes Beowulf.  Beowulf re-statuses Ramza.  Evil Worker 8...  maybe kills Good Worker 8, but at horrible cost to himself from counter + 2x recoils?  Reis throws in some bad damage to someone (Moulder?).  Adray Cure Conditions Ramza again, but now Moulder should be able to finish off Beowulf...  although eh, Aegis Shield hype?  If Moulder misses, then Beo re-statuses Ramza (running up some miss chance here, too, since this is the third go round), Evil W8 is forced to not use big damage anymore really...  although with 2x Reis turns and worse durability, sure, maybe they break Moulder.  Which would leave just Adray + Nall revival.  Okay so that case is probably a loss.  If Moulder hits Beowulf, though, then Ramza will return to action next round and there won't be a lot the enemy team can do to stop him from reviving.  Sure Evil Worker 8 is hard to kill but the team can now spam healing, stabilize, kill Reis, then take down Evil W8.  (Although Good W8 will have long since turned into crystal, for all that this is probably ignored in the dungeon.)

So yeah.  Seems a tricky fight, but it is winnable...  except..  if it's winnable on a 70% chance or whatever, and there's a reasonable possibly of losing fight 5 too, that could lead to a general fail vote.  Will think on it.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 02:23:56 AM »
Team Snow passes.

Team OK passes.

Team Piggyman passes. I'm feeling generous about my FFT/FE interps today.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2012, 06:23:14 AM »
Team Tide vs. Hahn, Tia, Gadwin, Luna, Mareg and Shana
Team Tide vs. Yumei, Badrach, Aelia, Lorenta and Grey
Team Tide vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan, Alma and Reis
Team Tide vs. Albel, Adray, Roger Huxley, Noel and Chisato
Team Tide vs. Palom, Porom, Edward, Cid and Yang
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 07:03:51 AM by Nephrite »

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2012, 06:28:21 AM »
Neph, I sent you a follow up PM. Tell me if you got it. Also, wouldn't it be better if this was editted from the first post?

Analysis later. For now, slp.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2012, 07:03:29 AM »
It is in the first post. I will edit it with your changes, however.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2012, 01:32:35 PM »
With the FFT fight, it's close, but I think I've got a chance, so I'll call it a pass for my team.

Jo'ou and OK both pass as well. Jo'ou's got the right kind of damage to nuke the floor, and does it fast enough to make the enemy's damage easy to heal off. I don't think there's anything that threatening on OK's floor. I'm not even sure Robo gets a turn, 'cause most fights will be over before that.

For Tide's team, I'll need to actually do some research, 'cause I don't know what Citan, Raynie or Cecilia can do.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2012, 12:32:47 AM »
Please don't forget to vote for Tide's team and change any votes if necessary.