Author Topic: RPGDL 2012 Season 2, Week 1: Mostly Suikoden, some Fire Emblem  (Read 3154 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Godlike

Loki (Valkyrie Profile) vs Atma Weapon (Final Fantasy VI)
Jessica (Dragon Quest VIII) vs Citan Uzuki (Xenogears)
Riou (Suikoden II) vs GenocideHeart (SaGa Frontier)
Dheginsea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II)

Heavy

Gau (Final Fantasy VI) vs Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4)
Mia (Fire Emblem Series) vs Wugui (Shadow Hearts)
Vigoro (Skies of Arcadia) vs Kiryl (Dragon Quest IV)
Crono (Crono Trigger) vs Garan (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)

Middle

Hellion (Suikoden) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Neimi (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4)
Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss) vs Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs)
Canas (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Kahn (Breath of Fire IV)

Light

Franz (Suikoden III) vs Gorudo (Suikoden II)
Shana (Legend of Dragoon) vs Riki (SaGa Frontier)
Joker (Suikoden III) vs Solt (Chrono Cross)
Lucia (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)

Runs 'til sunday.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: RPGDL 2012 Season 2, Week 1: Mostly Suikoden, some Fire Emblem
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 03:38:37 AM »
Godlike

Loki (Valkyrie Profile) vs Atma Weapon (Final Fantasy VI)- Usual complete lack of respect for Loki vs anyone with magic.
Jessica (Dragon Quest VIII) vs Citan Uzuki (Xenogears)- Seriously doubt Magic Burst kills without a lot of tension spam. Jessica won't have time for that.
Dheginsea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II)- Kneejerk. Luca can get around the counters with flame slashes, but Dheggy defense does bad things to him anyway. Edit: Don't think he 3HKOs Luca.

Heavy

Gau (Final Fantasy VI) vs Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4)- Sure, I'll bite.
Mia (Fire Emblem Series) vs Wugui (Shadow Hearts)- Suppose there's an argument for Mia evading game of death, but donno how much I respect that.
Vigoro (Skies of Arcadia) vs Kiryl (Dragon Quest IV)- Defense buff, smash. Confuse is worthless here.
Crono (Crono Trigger) vs Garan (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)- What the hell is Crono going to do after getting his MP busted? I have a little Garan HP respect, which is enough to save him.

Middle

Hellion (Suikoden) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time- Aura wall.
Neimi (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4)- Think evasion buffing is enough. Open to arguments on this one though.
Canas (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)
vs Kahn (Breath of Fire IV)

Light

Shana (Legend of Dragoon) vs Riki (SaGa Frontier)- Unless Riki could scrape up some status immunity.  I don't think I allow the rings.
Lucia (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- Doubles after Gale. Leo sucks.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 04:59:54 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 03:42:20 AM »
Godlike

Loki (Valkyrie Profile) vs Atma Weapon (Final Fantasy VI) - gut says splattering
Riou (Suikoden II) vs GenocideHeart (SaGa Frontier) - ouch
Dheginsea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II) - Luca doesn't really like Dheggy's defenses.

Heavy

Gau (Final Fantasy VI) vs Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4) - GOOD FREAKING LORD

Middle

Canas (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Kahn (Breath of Fire IV) - Nevermind!
Light

Shana (Legend of Dragoon) vs Riki (SaGa Frontier) - Isn't OHKO'd, status arrow hype gets owned by Hero Ring, which even has initiative
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 05:05:38 AM by Random Consonant »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 04:03:47 AM »
Slugfest, probably comes down to whoever gets more turns off.  Stat topic claims Atma is above average speed, and for all that FF6 speed isn't great, it probably beats average.
super, this is my usual comment that the DQ8 stat topic understates Magic Burst under any consistent interp.  If you take the characters at level 40, Dragon Soul is flat illegal and Gigagash is questionable.  If you take the characters at lvl. 65, Dragon Soul is legal but Jessica has a boatload more MP.  She does around ~1.5-1.6 PCHP with it in the default lvl. 40 (also don't forget the stat topic MP assumes a Whip equip, nto a Staff equip for +100 MP) and roughly the same at lvl. 65 (though her backup whip game becomes comparatively worse at high level).
Anyway, Citan has an argument, but it's based on how exactly his Fire Resistance move is seen as working.  The stat topic claims it reduces fire damage by 100 damage.  With 500 average XG HP, that implies it's around a subtraction of .20 PCHP?  Which isn't enough, Citan isn't THAT tanky.  However if scaled as percentage against in-game fire attacks or something, it's probably better and might allow Citan to survive.  (He's apparently around 1.2 PCHP.)

Heavy

Gau's got good defenses but don't think he can OHKO.  Starting rages so no Charm hype.
DQ4 has Charm resistance?  Huh.  Forget that if so but will believe it.
Don't recall Garan as being very good.  Crono just equips the Rainbow & smacks with his katana after getting MP drained.

Middle

Light

Lucia has Gale?  Hahaha.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 04:07:59 AM »
Vigoro's confusion skill is absolutely worthless in the DL. His charm move is different and only works on women.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 04:33:00 AM »
Godlike

Loki (Valkyrie Profile) vs Atma Weapon (Final Fantasy VI): I see him surviving two shots of Flare, and he can 2HKO with almost anything + Indiscriminate. Might even just be able to one-round due to shaky AtmaWeapon MDef (does by the MF6 damage curve!).
Jessica (Dragon Quest VIII) vs Citan Uzuki (Xenogears): May not be OHKOed depending on Jessica's default build and/or DQ8 damage averages, but even if he is, don't see any reason that sleep blocker + fire shield wouldn't hand this to him. (The only build with a really deadly Magic Burst lacks Twin Dragon Lash to put any non-fire pressure on.)
Riou (Suikoden II) vs GenocideHeart (SaGa Frontier): Mm, damage buffering, not sure how I feel about that. Still, since Riou can't kill before the very first shift, I'm inclined to at least give GH his damage from the second shift, which is Tower.
Dheginsea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II): Probably. Dheginsea post-defences hovers around an effective 2.5-3 PCHP to me, so he'll probably get off three attacks. That... probably kills Luca, especially if one is Ire. Only 18% means that one may not be, of course.

Heavy

Gau (Final Fantasy VI) vs Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4): Jeremy gets two turns. Pooor Gau, one of the only Heavies who can't kill Jeremy in a single turn. At least he lives to see one due to def/evade, but two? Yeah, not buying that.
Mia (Fire Emblem Series) vs Wugui (Shadow Hearts): FE evade against pure status no thanks to that hype, unless the status was highly evade-subject in-game.
Crono (Crono Trigger) vs Garan (Shadow Hearts: Covenant): Crono MDef is pretty bleh, so Garan can 2HKO him with magic. So the question is, does he die to two Rainbow-powered Confuses? That's 0.87 PCHP. Hmm, he might. He can also go for Mind Assault then 2HKO, which is slightly better on average, he only takes 0.84 PCHP. Sure, I think I can buy Garan having that much, if barely.

Middle

Hellion (Suikoden) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time): Confuse works.
Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss) vs Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs): Believe he heal-locks with Phaser, which has lots of uses. Once he gets Fury Shot it's over, and I don't think Tear doubles him enough to kill. Open to arguments.
Canas (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Kahn (Breath of Fire IV): Focus punch borderline OHKOs average, let alone Canas. Kinda makes any drain game he has irrelevant, and like hell I buy him OHKOing (or even 2HKOing, if you see Kahn as below average speed due to a few extra levels).

Light

Franz (Suikoden III) vs Gorudo (Suikoden II): Gorudo pretty bad.
Shana (Legend of Dragoon) vs Riki (SaGa Frontier): Yeah sure.
Joker (Suikoden III) vs Solt (Chrono Cross): Solt pretty bad.
Lucia (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Lucia buffs herself with Rage, giving her a leg-up on speed, then 2HKOs before Leo 3HKOs her.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 04:43:28 AM »
Doesn't Kahn need to spend a second turn defending in order to achieve OHKO hype?  With just Focus Kahn's damage should be nowhere close to a OHKO unless there is something incredibly funny going on.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 04:45:04 AM »
Nope. In fact Kahn 3 can't even defend.

Attack: 350-550 damage. Average 450
Focus: Gains power for next turn.
Focussed physical: Averages 1050 damage. Didn't vary much for me in the five or so times I saw it hit, but that could easily be luck.

In theory, he can Guard after focussing and power up his physical even more (on paper, the boost should be about fixed per level, so ~600). In practice I didn't see him do this despite testing for a long time, so it might be generous to his AI to let him. Mech guide doesn't mention him using it either, though Kahn 1-2 both do. Odd.

Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 04:48:52 AM »
What.

Nevermind, guess I've been underrating Kahn.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 04:55:23 AM by Random Consonant »

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 04:55:54 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Crono (Chrono Trigger) vs Garan (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)

Middle

Canas (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Kahn (Breath of Fire IV)- I guess.

Light

Franz (Suikoden III) vs Gorudo (Suikoden II)- The best.
Lucia (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- A real fail-off.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 05:18:44 AM »
Godlike

Heavy
Gau (Final Fantasy VI) vs Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4) - So, NEB, Random, Super and I went over this in chat. It basically comes down to how much you respect Gau's AI under rages. If you give him the option to select the attack he wants after a rage, Jeremy loses. However, if you assume that Gau's actions after a rage is random, he has a 50% chance on most rages to use a base physical which fails to kill Jeremy. Gau is negligibly above average (102%) and Jeremy 3 is 170% average. This means, by the time Gau gets his second turn, Jeremy would've gotten 9 Vulcan Missiles off (...). 2 Vulcan Missiles OHKO, so this is ridiculous overkill damage. Not inclined to vote for Gau after that (I certainly consider the randomness of his attacks after a rage), so yeah. NEB won this one for Jeremy with me.
Mia (Fire Emblem Series) vs Wugui (Shadow Hearts) - Game of Death. See Super more or less.

Middle
Neimi (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4) - Kneejerk. This depends flat out on how good Sukukaja is. Yosuke can safely avoid counters (if you assume physicals are more close range and his spells are long range) but he runs into trouble with the evade, so he has to buff up in order to hit Neimi reliably. If Suku is really good, then it may do the trick here. I don't think she doubles off hand (Yosuke was above average and notably so if Souji is not in the averages), but if she does, then her victory is clear cut.
Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss) vs Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs) - This feels massively in Rudy's favour (ACF form anyway). Claymore probably OHKOs off the bat, but if it doesn't, Snipe Bullet boosts Rudy's speed, and he can use that after Gun Claymore for the kill without any chance for healing.

Light
Sucks and I can't vote on it. Hurray!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 05:34:34 AM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 07:12:27 AM »
However if scaled as percentage against in-game fire attacks or something, it's probably better and might allow Citan to survive.

Just for the record, I absolutely do this. Taking 100 Xenogears HP off of average damage fire attacks roughly halves their effectiveness and this is a much better reflection of the skill's value. I'm not giving Magic Burst a free pass for overcoming a subtraction-based resistance system when Magic Burst itself is (frequently) resisted in percentage way in its home game. There's also the holistic argument that DQ elements suck in-game and should not get judgement calls in the DL. (Dragon Quest games have plenty of elementally resistant enemies and zero elementally weak enemies.)

Also if Jessica has MP+100 and Magic Burst she doesn't have Twin Dragon Lash so she becomes pretty hopeless if fire is resisted. I'm not even 100% sure that's her best interp though I guess it probably is, if boring. Depends how much fire resistance exists in Godlike.

Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 01:44:46 PM »
Yeah, respecting Citan's fire shield as better than listed based on in-game attacks is fine, although this can lead to some wacky edge cases with Grandia 1 esque games having buffs that look more uber than they are.  (If -100 Fire damage reduced all fire attacks in-game to crummy insignificance, it WOULD be bad against a hypothetical uber death fire blaze, but that doesn't exist in-game so it's weird to punish it for that.  And as you note DQ8 does tend to have percentage resists itself.)  Jessica still has time to do one level of tension though most likely - Fire Resist, tense up, Citan Haste or Attack, Magic Burst - but if you see the effect as more like "fire halving" that still isn't enough.

That said DHE, no, Jessica can do both whips & magic burst just fine.  Look at the build in the stat topic.  Sure, she has to decide whether to equip a staff or a whip walking into a specific fight, but she has enough skill points to have all of +100 MP Staff bonus, Magic Burst, and Twin Dragon Lash.  (And the stat topic build assumes no skill seeds, too.)

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 03:14:17 PM »
Neimi (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4) - Kneejerk. This depends flat out on how good Sukukaja is. Yosuke can safely avoid counters (if you assume physicals are more close range and his spells are long range) but he runs into trouble with the evade, so he has to buff up in order to hit Neimi reliably. If Suku is really good, then it may do the trick here. I don't think she doubles off hand (Yosuke was above average and notably so if Souji is not in the averages), but if she does, then her victory is clear cut.

The evasion should tip it. Yosuke only has to hit Neimi twice in order to win, so the odds are fairly good that he can manage that.
-------------------

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 03:42:12 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 04:11:28 PM »
Godlike

Loki (Valkyrie Profile) vs Atma Weapon (Final Fantasy VI) - I doubt I see Loki below 1.5x PC HP, let alone PC HP as is. The two-rounding is sound.
Jessica (Dragon Quest VIII) vs Citan Uzuki (Xenogears) - Sure!
Riou (Suikoden II) vs GenocideHeart (SaGa Frontier) - Buffering HP: still allowing it. Ugly.

Heavy

Gau (Final Fantasy VI) vs Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4) - huh.
Mia (Fire Emblem Series) vs Wugui (Shadow Hearts) - VANTAGE HYPE AGAINST GAME OF DEATH - lulz.
Crono (Crono Trigger) vs Garan (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - NEB's analysis is pretty much spot-on for me. With the caveat that I see Garan at 80% PC HP against physicals at best, so yeah.

Middle

Hellion (Suikoden) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - Aura Wall.
Neimi (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4) - EDIT: Jesus -Christ-.
Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss) vs Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs) - Still allowing ACF, I guess. Not sure how I feel about average cheating, but *shrug.*, doesn't matter much for this match, just makes it stupid since Rudy OHKOs Tear with zero fuss.
Canas (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Kahn (Breath of Fire IV) - Holy shit why did I rank Kahn Light.

Light

Franz (Suikoden III) vs Gorudo (Suikoden II) - :gorudo:
Shana (Legend of Dragoon) vs Riki (SaGa Frontier) - Holy crap.
Joker (Suikoden III) vs Solt (Chrono Cross) - Man, Solt.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 05:55:31 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2012, 04:35:56 PM »
Snowfire: Oh, my mistake about the Jessica build, yeah (I thought Kazing and MP+100 were swapped in cost for some reason). Okay that's pretty straightforward then, and raises my respect for Jessica somewhat.

Regarding the fire shield, you don't need to scale it against in-game attacks even if you don't want... you can also scale it against "average" attacks which do 40% PCHP. Or, in the case of Grandia, you can also just focus on the attacks you care about; ignore the stuff which 20HKOs or whatever and just focus on the 3HKO moves from bosses (this is how we avoid seeing high-end GBA FE dodgers as near-perfectly evasive, incidentally). I find either of these methods more palatable than scaling them as straight subtraction and thus giving high-damage moves from division-defence/resistance games more credit than they deserve (and low-damage less credit, of course). Your milage may of course vary.

Maybe.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2012, 04:50:15 PM »
Crono (Crono Trigger) vs Garan (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - NEB's analysis is pretty much spot-on for me. With the caveat that I see Garan at 80% PC HP against physicals at best, so yeah.

That would likely be enough. Even fractionally less Garan HP respect sinks him. Crono also wins if he crits twice with Rainbow which is a cointoss.  It is a sad, sad match that shows why Crono is such a bad heavy in spite of the speed.

And I would be stunned if Neimi could evade worth a damn after Suku. It made a massive difference in game for accuracy and evasion (See Izanami).  Yosuke can afford to play defensively as needed, since he does have some healing gand goes first with Suku.

Edit: Vote changed on Luca/Dheggy, Dheg has a little less damage than I thought. And on Gau/Jeremy. Wail to fail it up, Gau.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 04:55:52 PM by superaielman »
-------------------

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2012, 05:47:41 PM »

That would likely be enough. Even fractionally less Garan HP respect sinks him. Crono also wins if he crits twice with Rainbow which is a cointoss.  It is a sad, sad match that shows why Crono is such a bad heavy in spite of the speed.

And I would be stunned if Neimi could evade worth a damn after Suku. It made a massive difference in game for accuracy and evasion (See Izanami).  Yosuke can afford to play defensively as needed, since he does have some healing gand goes first with Suku.

There's the issue that, unless I'm utterly losing it, I remember Dhyer noting that accuracy in P4 can only go so high (as in, the ceiling is slightly below 100%), and Yosuke's egregious Luck could put a wrench on that... but wait, Brave Blade has 100% base hit! Hmmm. He still wants to cast Suku, regardless, Neimi evade is coinflip-level. Okay, time for some math: Neimi with a Killing Edge deals 31.58% to average, Yosuke with his default equips has 97% PC HP. If Auto-Taru makes him take as much as 3% more than his defaults, Neimi OHKOs on a crit, and she has something like 40% odds of that happening after factoring in Yosuke's low Luck. However, assuming he gets 40% more accuracy, he still three-rounds (2HKO with BB) and Neimi 4HKOs if she fails to crit and she obviously doesn't crit if she misses. His crit rate with Neimi Luck should be pretty bad, but it's still an extra in his favor, since a crit on -his- side would mean he wins no questions asked. Yeah okay, think I'll swing the vote there for now.

EDIT: wait that doesn't account for the fact that two hits make him unable to Brave Blade twice and he -needs- to in order to win - a single crit also wins it for her due to that no matter what. Nevermind, I think the odds that she hits him twice before he 2HKOs are too high. What a goddamn weird match, though, you may as well flip a coin for it.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 05:56:28 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2012, 06:08:42 PM »
Godlike

Loki (Valkyrie Profile)
vs Atma Weapon (Final Fantasy VI)

Heavy

Middle

Light

Franz (Suikoden III)
vs Gorudo (Suikoden II)

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012, 04:01:07 PM »
Loki (Valkyrie Profile) vs Atma Weapon (Final Fantasy VI): I think Atma manages to survive one Indiscriminate?
Jessica (Dragon Quest VIII) vs Citan Uzuki (Xenogears): Fire Shield saves him. Didn't realize Jess' fire damage was that good though.
Dheginsea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II): Dheggy should 3HKO? and his magic defense is really really good.

Heavy

Gau (Final Fantasy VI) vs Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4): Didn't Jeremy have ITD damage too?
Mia (Fire Emblem Series) vs Wugui (Shadow Hearts): GoD. Don't think Mia kills before that.
Crono (Crono Trigger) vs Garan (Shadow Hearts: Covenant): Sad day.

Middle

Hellion (Suikoden) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time): Status
Neimi (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4): I'm loathe to let Neimi use a killer weapon without assuming a Killer damage average of some kind.

Light

Lucia (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Buff&Kill.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2012, 05:29:03 PM »
Gau (Final Fantasy VI) vs Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4): Didn't Jeremy have ITD damage too?

Only the final form, which is basically average speed and not a whit more durable than the previous one.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2012, 07:26:39 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2012, 08:34:59 PM »
Kneejerk on everything because lazy~

Mia (Fire Emblem Series) vs Wugui (Shadow Hearts) - This seems like horrible spoiling, unless I'm missing something?
Crono (Crono Trigger) vs Garan (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - Scrapes through, but definitely (pitifully) close.

Neimi (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4) - Evasion takes it here, yeah. Neimi's not too bad on evasion herself, IIRC, but Sukukaja pushes things into a range which she can't handle.

Lucia (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - Get the feeling he lands a crit or two before she can kill him, although I could be horribly mistaken here. Gut says he has just enough damage to get through this fight.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2012, 02:12:21 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light