Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 83  (Read 2482 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 83
« on: August 25, 2012, 11:43:14 PM »

"Oho, I see... Well, let's see if I can make things a bit more fun!!"

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------
**Full Heals reset limit and other types of gauges when teams pass through them.
Team Tide | Ramza, Cecilia ACF (BC), Citan, Seifer, Raynie
[Ramza: Ninja/Item/MP Switch/M.Def Up/Move-MP Up] [Chemist, Wizard, Time Mage, Priest (Summoner)(Oracle)]
*Citan has been granted a Speed Ring S (+2 Speed)
*Cecilia has been granted FP Advance.
Floor 8: Maze of Trials
Team Tide vs. Mascot Yuna (FFX-2)
Team Tide vs. Zeromus, Exdeath and Chaos
Team Tide vs. Boss Timelord and Belial (No 4D Pocket)
*Full Heal
Team Tide vs. Luther and Deathevans (When defeated, all buffs applied after the start of the fight are removed and CT is reset, and is replaced with Cyril and Indalecio, then again with Xorn, then again with Profound Darkness)
Team Tide vs. Myria 1 (When defeated, all buffs applied after the start of the fight are removed and CT is reset, and is replaced False Althena, then then with Fou-lu, then Zophar)

Team OK likes the Man Festival | Yuri1, Yuri2, Nash, Adray, Robo
Floor 6b: Overachievers
Team OK vs. Myria 1 and Jade
*Full Heal*
Team OK vs. Katrina and Charlton Blunt (XF)
*Full Heal*
Team OK vs. Rhapthorne and Dhoulmagus 2
*Full Heal*
Team OK vs. Loki and Surt
*Full Heal*
Team OK vs. Apocrypha and Heiss

Team Super | Miakis, Cristo, Angelo, DQ4 Hero, Brey (Status Symbol Law)
[Miakis: Fire and Magic Absorb]
[Floor 4: Diff'rent Strokes]
Team Super vs. Hahn, Tia, Gadwin, Luna, Mareg and Shana
Team Super vs. Yumei, Badrach, Aelia, Lorenta and Grey
Team Super vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan, Alma and Reis
Team Super vs. Albel, Adray, Roger Huxley, Noel and Chisato
Team Super vs. Palom, Porom, Edward, Cid and Yang

Team Dune | Timelord, Geddoe, Tidus, Aeris (Life), Mint
Floor 3a: A Singlet
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, are single target for this floor and may be targetted regardless of original conditions.
Team Dune vs. Flora (WoZ)
Team Dune vs. Atma Weapon
Team Dune vs. Valentina and Dodo (SMRPG)
Team Dune vs. Evrae and Defender X
Team Dune vs. Kunino-Sagiri

Resourceless - One character's spells and abilities are now free but you may not use the same ability more than once a fight. This does not apply to moves that drain all resources.

Body Charge - Increases the health, damage and effective speed of a character by 1.3x and decreases damage to them to .7x, but increases the cost of the character by 1.5x (rounded to nearest half point, .5s are 1.0s).

Status Symbol Law - Team is fully status, debuff and ID immune, but has damage done to them increased by 1.1x and damage done by them decreased to .9x.

Life - One character's healing effects now also allows for revival, but reduces the final effect of any healing to 75%. (This means full healing is always 75%) The healing also only revives characters with 1 HP. The healing received from spells that hit more than one target may be used as revival once per battle.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 83
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 12:50:42 AM »
Team super tentatively looks good.

Three revivers, Myria1 offense fails to me.
*Full Heal*
Smack Charlton and OHKO him.  Katrina is really scary but she's also a limit boss and even without Seraphic Radiance, the Yuris can lay down some good buffs (Arc Surge, etc.) to smash through her limit phase.  Upcoming full heal means the team can just blitz and not bother healing.
*Full Heal*
Uh.  This is potentially a problem actually.  Dhoulmagus unleashes an MT 2HKO.  All the Yuris healing was ST, right?  Anyway the Yuris must must must kill Rhappy before he gets a turn, or else he unleashes the rest of the MT 2HKO (which...  probably gets Robo too despite his durability, some of this is magic).  And the Yuris don't have Seraphic Radiance for WTF damage quite yet.  Adray doesn't have MT healing either, right?  Anyway, Adray can heal a single Yuri and hope that Yuri solos...  that won't happen vs. Rhapthorne, he's got 100% sleep and double actions, but a Yuri might, might be able to solo Dhoulmagus.  He's on his backfoot and lacks the uber speed buff from SR though, so you have to see Dhoully as 3HKOing the surviving Yuri for him to have a shot.  Will await arguments.  Although...  eh.  Call the Yuris .50 PCHP damage each, Nash .30 PCHP damage, Adray .30 PCHP damage...  is Rhapthorne > 1.6 PCHP?  Somewhere around there certainly, so not unreasonable to just let OK barely kill him round 1.
EDIT: Ignore all this nonsense, Adray heals, Dhoulmagus is sad, the end.  There's still double sleep hype from Rhappy, if he survives, but eh.  Robo finishes the Rhappy KO at worst, Adray / Robo / Nash take down Dhoully.
*Full Heal*
Yeah, blitz out Surt, then blitz out Loki.  That lack of MT healing means if they can't limit those two to exactly one turn means team OK is screwed though.  And Adray probably loses tiebreaks here so it's just Yuris + Nash for that turn 1 kill on the weaker one (though Adray & Robo help out for their turn 2 victim).
*Full Heal*
EDIT: See below, Adray heals, never mind.  There's still sleep hype but if that's the only threat, the team can be a lot more ready to mitigate it.

This however will be rough.  They both have MT in all their forms, and OK doesn't want to blitz Apocraphya due to that Sleep form limit.  Even if Heiss goes down turn 1, he gets in one Dark World, Apoc uses Flame Burst, and Apoc is faster than the Yuris so he does Flame Burst again and everything is on fire.  If OK somehow survives, Apoc can still get lucky with an MT sleep turn that will be hard to chip past.

Nitpick: By default I'd consider vanilla "Heiss" to have Apoc & Black Chronicle as form choices, but you're using the stat topic names, so I know what you mean.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 02:19:57 AM by SnowFire »

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 01:47:22 AM »
Black Chronicle is a floor 10 fight. /nod

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 02:17:22 AM »
It was pointed out to me in chat that Adray does in fact have MT healing, which totally upends the fights I thought were problematic, so pass for OK.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 03:06:10 AM »
Yuri1 also has MT full healing + status healing + full revival in one move. (Only has the MP to cast it 6-7 times though.) Unlike Yuri2 they made no even half-assed attempt to pretend he was balanced. Combined with a stone blocker it makes a mockery of everything Apocrypha can do except for MT sleep, but sleep can be blitzed and even if it can't, both Yuris have MT status healing (and Adray has ST).

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 04:26:18 AM »
Man, I underrated Yuri1 in the dungeon. Somehow.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 04:39:05 AM »
It does depend when you see him getting Sandalphon... it's the most difficult of the L3 fusions to get due to light soul availability being poor IIRC, so I could see saying it's floor 6. Yuri1's two main weaknesses in the dungeon strike me as being only "pretty good" on floors 1-3 (still versatile and with good stats, but his MT healing is ass weak and the buffs are worthless) and that he struggles a fair deal with MP at most points in the game so benefits from someone who can restore that.

But yeah, Revive (the uber healing move) off a good statusblocker set is pretty insane, and Seraphic Radiance and its evil buffing + MT damage is possibly even better.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 06:49:27 AM »
The other potential flaw (which could really come into effect floor 8) is that if the match runs on a very truly long time that he may have SP woes.
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 07:19:41 AM »
Yuri2's Mind / Body Revival probably handles that, though.

I'll let Tide write his team up since it seems like ACF Cecilia will be important to his strategy, but tentatively I think his team can break Mascot Y.  Citan Hastes up the tankier members that Yuna can't OHKO, aggressively heal anyone who gets hit, and build to some kind of blow FP with Cecilia / turn break Yuna with Raynie.  Only issue with that is that is Yuna's MP depletion game - not sure Ramza's ethers can keep up with Yuna's MP busting, which might mean that the party can't wait for Turn Break.  And even with Haste, smashing through Yuna's insane defense & solid healing is really really hard.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 03:20:46 PM »
Team Super vs. Hahn, Tia, Gadwin, Luna, Mareg and Shana- Taking out status makes this fight sad.  Easy enough to slug down the revivers (Miakis has solid MT damage with Explode).
Team Super vs. Yumei, Badrach, Aelia, Lorenta and Grey- Status blitz. Angelo/Cristo/Brey are above average speed and all possess fairly deadly status.  status out the mages, kabuff makes the fighters suck.
Team Super vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan, Alma and Reis- Status immunity makes the majority of this fight sad. Worker and Dragon Reis take some time to slug down, but it's not enough to be a major problem- I have at least two revivers at this point.
Team Super vs. Albel, Adray, Roger Huxley, Noel and Chisato- Increase/Kabuff really neutralizes this fight. 
Team Super vs. Palom, Porom, Edward, Cid and Yang- No status makes this fight much, much less of a threat.  Whack makes short work of Yang, Porom can be slugged down before she gets a turn.

Kind of a lazy analysis, but the status sealstone gives this floor grief.

**All attacks, regardless of original ability, are single target for this floor and may be targetted regardless of original conditions.
Team Dune vs. Flora (WoZ)[/b]- TIME ECLIPSE ON THE ST FLOOR. HELLO SLAUGHTER
Team Dune vs. Atma Weapon- Yo dawg I heard you like turnskips.
Team Dune vs. Valentina and Dodo (SMRPG)- Tidus slaps on slow on the one TL isn't turnskipping, Geddoe gangbangs them down.
Team Dune vs. Evrae and Defender X-  Evrae halving thunder is a slight problem, but I don't think it's enough.
Team Dune vs. Kunino-Sagiri- turnskip abuse. TL is probably running out of SP sometime during this fight, but I doubt it matters.

Team OK vs. Myria 1 and Jade- Three revivers handles this fight, yeah.
*Full Heal*
Team OK vs. Katrina and Charlton Blunt (XF)- I consider Katrina to have a good case for Bluelike. But. She is only a moderate threat at high HP, which lets the Yuris buff and smash.
*Full Heal*
Team OK vs. Rhapthorne and Dhoulmagus 2-  Yuri2 should be using stat buffs. That forces one of the bosses to spam Dispel, which helps to tamp down on the blitz potential.  I don't respect Sleep enough to let it control the fight either.
*Full Heal*
Team OK vs. Loki and Surt- My Loki respect is on par with Elfboy's Zidane character respect.
*Full Heal*
Team OK vs. Apocrypha and Heiss- Elfboy's breakdown works for me.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 03:37:23 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 04:18:23 PM »
Yuri2's Mind / Body Revival probably handles that, though.

I'll let Tide write his team up since it seems like ACF Cecilia will be important to his strategy, but tentatively I think his team can break Mascot Y.  Citan Hastes up the tankier members that Yuna can't OHKO, aggressively heal anyone who gets hit, and build to some kind of blow FP with Cecilia / turn break Yuna with Raynie.  Only issue with that is that is Yuna's MP depletion game - not sure Ramza's ethers can keep up with Yuna's MP busting, which might mean that the party can't wait for Turn Break.  And even with Haste, smashing through Yuna's insane defense & solid healing is really really hard.

I don't think Yuna has MP Busting, she just has MP Recovery for herself.

She also has Power Break, which I think she can get off an awful lot which does a number to some of the damage she'd be taking.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 04:41:22 PM »
Neph, can Auto Protect/Auto Shell be dispelled on Mascot Y?
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 04:42:42 PM »
They cannot.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 07:24:22 PM »
What about the Haste and Regen effects cast by Mascot Y? I'm assuming they can since they aren't auto abilities. Anyway...

For my reference, 15 Speed Citan is about 270% average based on the XG stat topic (and ForteGS Omega's BMG). BC Cecilia is around 119-121% average speed.

**Full Heals reset limit and other types of gauges when teams pass through them.
[Ramza: Ninja/Item/MP Switch/M.Def Up/Move-MP Up] [Chemist, Wizard, Time Mage, Priest (Summoner)(Oracle)]
Team Tide vs. Mascot Yuna (FFX-2) - Citan pulls off MT Haste at approx. 135% speed. Mascot Y is 110% from the stat topic, so everyone gets hasted before she can act. After that, it's a slow but manageable slog. Moogle Beam and breaks gets met with Retaliate/MT Retaliate while Black Sky gets outpaced by Citan pulling off MT HEALS (he can do this since after Haste, Citan kinda starts lapping WA4 bosses). On offense, Cecilia can cast MT Command Replay to effectively double everyone's actions, which is independent of Quick, allowing everyone to pump out a silly amount of damage a turn.

Team Tide vs. Zeromus, Exdeath and Chaos - Okay, this is kinda funny because CRACK is a serious issue (nobody on the team can really block it) and I don't think I have the offense needed to one round Chaos. HOWEVER, all is not lost because I do have means to resist earth damage (Anti Elemental Barrier from Ceci and Earth Shield from Citan). Citan still wants to open up with MT Haste so Cecilia likely has to blow Turn 1 on Anti Elemental Barrier. This is fine however, and Ramza/Seifer/Raynie likely spent the opening rounds focusing on Zeromus so he can't keep Dispelling (being careful to chip around nuke). Citan may have to recast Haste at some point, but once Zeromus is down, Chaos is handled by Anti Elemental Barrier being active. Alternatively, Citan uses MT Earth Shield while Cecilia casts Castle Wall. This will reduce the opposing team's offense status rates to being much more manageable.

EDIT: Wait, Cecilia has Dark Lucied, which probably rapes Chaos while not really damaging the other two. Still the previous method may be more effective since it walls many of the traps in the fight.

Team Tide vs. Boss Timelord and Belial (No 4D Pocket) - Belial has the option of attempting to 2HKO Citan (I think? It's close. Citan's above average in Def/E.Def and his HP is notably above average) but if she does, she will die the moment Ramza gets his turn (since Belial not using Distortion is eating a Crystal Water + Ramza physicalx2). So she likely casts Distortion, and then hits someone, which means Citan opens with MT Haste. At this point...hm. The best way to kill Timelord would be for Cecilia to cast System Chronos once she has the FP (which effectively skips the enemy's turns), but she likely won't get this until turn 2 or 3 (depending on how much starting FP you think she has). So the team likely starts ganging up on Belial. MT Command Replay is like the ultimate Distortion spoiling move and Cecilia herself has MT Summons, which along with RAP MASTER SEIFER means this shouldn't be difficult. Timelord has to open up turn 1 with Glass Shield, which further cements System Chronos being a likely possibility. Glass Shield itself is probably neutralized by MT No Mercy (it's long range in animation!) or some sort of throw from Ramza.

*Full Heal
Team Tide vs. Luther and Deathevans (When defeated, all buffs applied after the start of the fight are removed and CT is reset, and is replaced with Cyril and Indalecio, then again with Xorn, then again with Profound Darkness) -

Oh boy. Okay, so Deathevans is pretty bad, and Luther is largely limit based. Citan hastes himself, and then likely Cecilia, followed by Ramza. Cecilia uses Command Replay on Ramza and he, Seifer and Raynie gang up on Deathevans until he dies. On her spare turns, Cecilia wants to cast Reinforce to generate FP and try to save it for the next fight. She'll likely cast Permanence on herself/Ramza/Citan via MT. Citan probably gets a full combo metre here too but saves also likely saves. This first fight shouldn't be bad. Fight 2, Citan hastes Cecilia and she opens up with Dark Renegade, which OHKOs Cyril. Indy, again being a limit type boss (ToT), means my team has some time to buff up and recover MP. Cecilia will want to cast Turbulence/Reinforce on her subsequent turns again for more FP gain and let Citan/Ramza help with the healing. The team waits for a good turn order, while having Ramza/Citan/Seifer/Raynie chip down just before ToT and then take him out in a series of consecutive turns. Fight 3...Despair is bad, but he can't use it until he's lost some HP. And before he's lost any HP he doesn't have a whole lot of damage. So again, some time to recover, Citan hastes people up and the team waits for a perfect line up. Still 75% of Xorn's HP is a *lot* to blow past in one go. But the combined power of MT Command Replay'd, the chance of a System Chronos going off and Citan/Cecilia buffing up before Citan unleashes a full 28 AP Combo means there is a chance of this working. It would be best to save up either Citan's combo or System Chronos for PD (probably the latter). Fight 4...well PD fight all over again, but an opening cast of System Chronos will buy some turns to recoup; this is possible due to MP Regen/Hi-Ethers. FP naturally regenerates, but Cecilia likely casts Reinforce at some point to help speed up FP gains.

Team Tide vs. Myria 1 (When defeated, all buffs applied after the start of the fight are removed and CT is reset, and is replaced False Althena, then then with Fou-lu, then Zophar)

I think. I'll do a more detail breakdown later, but off hand, Myria 1 is the biggest problem as she walls a lot of my offense (even with all the Command Replay, offense boosting nonsense). But with 3 healers and MP regen, I'm going to hinge on being able to outlast her. FA is patternized, so theoretically, she can be handled (if not well, I wipe to MT Initiative Ray spam). Fou-Lu's damage, while not patternized, can be walled by various spell casts from Cecilia. So he'll have to periodically cast Dispel or start getting walled. The only one I am not sure off hand is Zophar. Neph tells me that Zophar's big thing is Status ball which I have three people on my team being able to handle. So off hand, yeah, I think my team has a shot.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 04:44:06 AM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 10:39:33 PM »
Does the Citans get revival?~

Also do the Citans have MT Haste without having to bother with the skill which makes his abilities MT first? *has no clue how Renki works*~
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 10:41:26 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 11:34:01 PM »
No and no.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 11:44:46 PM »
Citan wouldn't have gone down to 2.5 if he had both of those, certainly. >_>
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 04:34:09 AM »
Team Tide vs. Mascot Yuna (FFX-2)
Team Tide vs. Zeromus, Exdeath and Chaos
Team Tide vs. Boss Timelord and Belial (No 4D Pocket)
*Full Heal
Team Tide vs. Luther and Deathevans (When defeated, all buffs applied after the start of the fight are removed and CT is reset, and is replaced with Cyril and Indalecio, then again with Xorn, then again with Profound Darkness)

Team Tide just pulls through. I generally agree with what Tide was saying plus I think he can get through the last two fights.

*Full Heal*
*Full Heal*
*Full Heal*
*Full Heal*

Full heals are enough to keep the Yuris winning.

Team Super vs. Hahn, Tia, Gadwin, Luna, Mareg and Shana
Team Super vs. Yumei, Badrach, Aelia, Lorenta and Grey
Team Super vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan, Alma and Reis
Team Super vs. Albel, Adray, Roger Huxley, Noel and Chisato
Team Super vs. Palom, Porom, Edward, Cid and Yang

Team Dune vs. Flora (WoZ)
Team Dune vs. Atma Weapon
Team Dune vs. Valentina and Dodo (SMRPG)
Team Dune vs. Evrae and Defender X
Team Dune vs. Kunino-Sagiri

Last two aren't too difficult for either team.
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 05:19:44 AM »
So some more comments on Tide's matches.

Mascot Yuna isn't bothering to go damage, I think that strategy clearly fails, but rather will throw up Haste/Regen then start power-breaking Citan & Ninja with the plan of eventually neutering the ability of Team Tide to bust through and kill her, then winning when Ramza runs out of Ethers or something.  That said, since Speed Ring S is apparently so uber & MT Command Replay actually works, I think that Tide can probably blitz this.  Beating Yuna requires pumping out something like 3 PCHP a round, and think he can manage that with all the haste.

I'm down for Earth resist hype vs. Chaos, sure.

There's no way Belial bothers with the distortion, but it doesn't matter because distortion or no she hates not actually being fast enough here.  Boss TL is not really that bad in the Dungeon, chip to limit then blitz him out.

Deathevans has dispel which might mess with Citan's haste game, and Luther has some okay MP damage that upgrades in his limit, but eh.  Think they can't really threaten when Luther is at full HP, so Tide just eats some MP damage and moves on.

Tide why did you note hype Black Renegade directly and explain it.  Stick that in the stat topic, that's pretty amusing.

Xorn isn't a threat in the Dungeon, buff up -> blitz him down.  Even if he gets a turn it totally doesn't matter.

Profound Darkness is more interesting than I thought before, since I thought Tide had spammable MT healing rather than requiring Cecilia to blow FP or Citan to blow a turn.  On second thought should have looked more closely before.... but...  now that Citan has uber speed, Doc probably can spam MT heals at worst while everyone else whittles their way through.  He's so fast he can just put Haste back up on himself, it's not like PD can afford to use Cancelling constantly.

Myria1 isn't a theat for my interp.  False Athena is pretty badass (the tail laser is MT) but at absolute worst blow Raynie's turn cancel on her (she's probably get one ready by now from all the slugging above).  Fou-Lu...  once again, blow Cecilia FP if need be to whittle him down fast, think Tide can pull through.  Zophar is definitely the scariest here.  Team Tide lacks good MT to crush the hands easily, and he's very physical based, with the scariest hand being resistance to physicals.  Stat topic doesn't say but pretty sure those elemental blasts are group, so if Zophar & the lower left hand wind up, they can do a bunch of MT damage.  Flip side, maybe Seifer was knocked into a Limit before to help weaken things up, and Raynie can blast away...  eh.  Yeah, sure, I'll go pass, just that Zophar fight is rough.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 05:26:29 AM »
Re: Breaks on first fight

Since this has come up more than once. Retaliate stops additional effects attached to the physical. This is visible in-game where status physicals are flat out ineffective if they run headfirst into Retaliate. The only difference between that and Power Break may be the fact that you can consider it a stat bust. But if that's the case, Cecilia can still cast Dispel to get rid of it.
<@Claude> yahtzee

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2012, 10:48:32 PM »
Let's get some votes up in this!

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 04:39:03 AM »
Before I vote on Tide, speed doubler gets the ok for floor 8? Everyone else was selling their choices short badly then.

Also, does Cecilia's FP carryover on those chain fights? I thought things that reset between fights would reset (Otherwise...this boss chain gets worse, and I don't think that was the intention?). Also, enemy CT carried over, right? Bosses that come alone also don't really get scaled down, but will need to math that later.

Team OK vs. Myria 1 and Jade- Yeah, they can only kill 1 or 2 a round so this should be fine.
*Full Heal*
Team OK vs. Katrina and Charlton Blunt (XF)- Neither are dangerous at high HP (which might make them not a good combo overall for dungeon)
*Full Heal*
Team OK vs. Rhapthorne and Dhoulmagus 2- Hmm, only analysis I've seen of this...needs Adray to be faster than Rhapthorne round 1? Rhapthorne is practically average, Adray is an SO 3 mage. So...shouldn't Rhapthorne and Dhoulmagus go together and inflict pain. Both are slightly slow in a way that no one on OK's team should go in the middle, although I guess you could do the randomization thing.
*Full Heal*
Team OK vs. Loki and Surt- Quick Magic Barrage if they get here...may work. They really need to KO Loki, but again, but given my respect, seems like they would fall short. Unsure because I don't have an except HP peg for Loki.
*Full Heal*

Tentative fail, because neither Rhapthorne or Dhoulmagus fall to 1.3 PC HP to me.

Team Super passes

Team Dune pases
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 04:51:01 AM »
Before I vote on Tide, speed doubler gets the ok for floor 8? Everyone else was selling their choices short badly then.

Also, does Cecilia's FP carryover on those chain fights? I thought things that reset between fights would reset (Otherwise...this boss chain gets worse, and I don't think that was the intention?). Also, enemy CT carried over, right? Bosses that come alone also don't really get scaled down, but will need to math that later.

I wasn't really aware of how much impact +2 speed had for Citan. In hindsight I should have given something else.

Cecilia's FP would carry over from each fight, yes. Imagine that all buffs go away when the boss dies, but whatever your current stats are is carried over.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2012, 04:52:17 AM »
That's a bit harder to take literally knowing that it was presented just as +2 (which without looking at mechanics, someone would just think was 20-30%). Does enemy CT carry over at all?
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2012, 01:57:30 PM »
I'm afraid I don't really understand your question.

I guess I meant to say that the stats the PCs have (excepting buffs) carry over and their CT is reset to 0, along with the new bosses.