Register

Author Topic: RPGDL 2012 Season 2 Finals: Maximum Overkill  (Read 3124 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
RPGDL 2012 Season 2 Finals: Maximum Overkill
« on: September 17, 2012, 02:06:59 AM »
Godlike

GenocideHeart (SaGa Frontier) vs TimeLord (Saga Frontier)

Heavy

Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4) vs Time Mage (Final Fantasy V)

Middle

Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs) vs Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII)

Light

Riki (SaGa Frontier) vs Fiona (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)

Data Mine

For each of the following games, simply say whether you have played it or not.  Additionally, give each game a vote either to rank it or reject it.  Voting to reject the game will remove it from further ranking consideration.  A vote of rank indicates that, assuming enough players, you would like/be open to ranking a game in the future.

Legend of Mana
Xenoblade Chronicles
Tales of Graces f
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
Rogue Galaxy
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Rankings

If you do not want to influence rankings simply omit this section.

For each game, you may vote to Rank, to Abstain, or to Reject.  A majority of votes for Rank will move the game into the ranked catagory.  A majority of votes to Reject will remove the game from further ranking consideration.  Otherwise, the game will be backburnered until it can garner more players.

Brigandine (10/19)
Cthulhu Saves the World (10/19)
Earthbound (11/19)
Final Fantasy XII (10/19)
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (10/19)
Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (11/19)
Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy (10/19)
Mega Man X: Command Mission (10/19)
Parasite Eve (10/19)
Phantasy Star II (10/19)
Soul Nomad & The World Eaters (10/19)

CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: RPGDL 2012 Season 2 Finals: Maximum Overkill
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 02:18:24 AM »
GenocideHeart (SaGa Frontier) vs TimeLord (Saga Frontier) - Welp.

Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4) vs Time Mage (Final Fantasy V) - Strange little season.

EDIT: Ranking shenanigans!

Legend of Mana - Played, don't rank. Um yeah.
Xenoblade Chronicles - Not played, not weighing in.
Tales of Graces f - Not played, not weighing in.
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - Played, rank if the numbers support it. Weirdass little cast in the PSP version, though.
Rogue Galaxy - Not played, do not rank. How many people played this anyway.
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - Not played, do not rank. Golden Sun in the DL draws more apathy than Vandal Hearts. This is impressive.

Rankings

For each game, you may vote to Rank, to Abstain, or to Reject.  A majority of votes for Rank will move the game into the ranked catagory.  A majority of votes to Reject will remove the game from further ranking consideration.  Otherwise, the game will be backburnered until it can garner more players.

Brigandine (10/19) - Played, abstain. Will let others make the choice, I'm cool either way.
Cthulhu Saves the World (10/19) - Played, rank. Hey look a cool game with playership.
Earthbound (11/19) - Played, abstain. Pretty much the same as Brig, really. The only thing I'd ask is shuffling ranks (Paula and Jeff in Light, Poo in Middle).
Final Fantasy XII (10/19) - Not played, don't rank. Oh wow another DL-unfriendly game that a lot of people don't care about.
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (10/19) - Not played, abstain. Dunno.
Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (11/19) - Played, abstain. Not sure people really care, although the game always does way better than it should.
Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy (10/19) - Played, abstain. I -want- to see the game in, but pathsplit sucks. Ulrika route gets the short end of the stick something fierce.
Mega Man X: Command Mission (10/19) - Played, rank. Get in already, trollop.
Parasite Eve (10/19) - Played, abstain. I'd be totes cool with just Aya. Dunno about Eve.
Phantasy Star II (10/19) - Played, abstain. Can't see myself caring either way.
Soul Nomad & The World Eaters (10/19) - Played, rank. I warmed up to the game enough DL-wise. EDIT: Right, Djinn reminded me. Death to Revya, Bluelikeness.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 12:29:59 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 02:19:10 AM »
Godlike

GenocideHeart (SaGa Frontier) vs TimeLord (Saga Frontier): Has doubleacting to deal with Glass Shield (his speed is horrid so it would otherwise be an issue), and enough durability to withstand TL's signature trick.

Heavy

Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4) vs Time Mage (Final Fantasy V): Quickdraw against someone with shit evade/pdur. Jeremy gets his dream season.

Middle

Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs) vs Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII): There's no mediumless stat topic to be certain, but I think Rudy has the muscle needed to overcome infinite stall, especially with a Fury Shot thrown in. Snow is weirdly closer to just winning by outslugging, but I think he just falls short, Rudy should 2HKO him if he's not a Sentinel.

Light

Riki (SaGa Frontier) vs Fiona (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Fiona offence is awful so Riki can heal until Stonebreath lands. This match goes the other way if you don't allow StoneBreath, though.

Data Mine

For each of the following games, simply say whether you have played it or not.  Additionally, give each game a vote either to rank it or reject it.  Voting to reject the game will remove it from further ranking consideration.  A vote of rank indicates that, assuming enough players, you would like/be open to ranking a game in the future.

Legend of Mana: Played, do not rank. LoM doesn't lend itself to the DL at all (no damage numbers, only one player-controlled PC, bosses who are judgement calls on whether their attacks hit or not)
Xenoblade Chronicles: Not played, abstain.
Tales of Graces f: Not played, abstain.
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together: Played, rank (players permitting of course).
Rogue Galaxy: Not played, do not rank. This game is Golden Sun level apathy-inducing.
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn: Not played, do not rank. Oh hi.

Rankings

Brigandine (10/19): Abstain. I think its duellers are pretty unexciting but if the demand is there I am cool with this, so I could be argued.
Cthulhu Saves the World (10/19): Rank. Straightforward, interesting, has a stat topic, and anyone who actually wants to play it can do so easily.
Earthbound (11/19): Abstain.
Final Fantasy XII (10/19): Do not rank. Sounds like a bit of a clusterfuck sadly.
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (10/19): Edit: reject. Thinking on this one and discussing it in chat, it's pretty bad.
Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (11/19): Abstain.
Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy (10/19): Eh, abstain. That split path does the game no favours, but it's possible interest can overcome this.
Mega Man X: Command Mission (10/19): Rank, it has fun duellers and is actually cared about.
Parasite Eve (10/19): Abstain.
Phantasy Star II (10/19): Abstain.
Soul Nomad & The World Eaters (10/19): Abstain.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 07:34:41 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 02:20:43 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs)
vs Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII)

Light

Riki (SaGa Frontier)
vs Fiona (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)

Data Mine

Legend of Mana- Have not played, don't rank
Xenoblade Chronicles- have not played, don't care
Tales of Graces f- Have not played, rank
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together- Have played, rank
Rogue Galaxy- Have not played, don't rank
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn- Have not played, don't rank

Rankings

Brigandine (10/19)- Don't rank
Cthulhu Saves the World (10/19)- Rank
Earthbound (11/19)- Don't rank
Final Fantasy XII (10/19)- Don't rank
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (10/19)- Don't rank
Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (11/19)- Meh.
Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy (10/19)- Rank
Mega Man X: Command Mission (10/19)- RANK!
Parasite Eve (10/19)- Don't rank
Phantasy Star II (10/19)- Whatever.
Soul Nomad & The World Eaters (10/19)- Rank.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 04:35:55 AM »
Godlike

GenocideHeart (SaGa Frontier) vs TimeLord (Saga Frontier) - yar

Heavy

Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4) vs Time Mage (Final Fantasy V) - and the namas cheer

Light

Riki (SaGa Frontier) vs Fiona (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - And Riki ends Fiona's reign of terror

Data Mine

Legend of Mana - Played, don't rank
Xenoblade Chronicles - Not played, don't care
Tales of Graces f - Not played, don't care
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - Played, don't care
Rogue Galaxy - Not played, don't rank
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - Played, don't rank

Rankings

Brigandine (10/19) - abstain, not really enthusiastic enough about this to try to get this through a second time
Cthulhu Saves the World (10/19) - rank.
Earthbound (11/19) - abstain
Final Fantasy XII (10/19) - don't rank.  God no.
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (10/19) -eh sure rank
Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (11/19) - abstain, see Brig.
Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy (10/19) - abstain.
Mega Man X: Command Mission (10/19) - rank.  Hey, it's on my list and has enthusiasm, so I'm not going to say no.
Parasite Eve (10/19) - abstain.  It'd be fine if it were just Aya, but yeeeaaaaaaaahhh what Snow said.
Phantasy Star II (10/19) - meh
Soul Nomad & The World Eaters (10/19) - edit: okay sure rank so long as Reyva stays out
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 07:30:53 AM by Random Consonant »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 04:40:25 AM »
Godlike

GenocideHeart (SaGa Frontier)
vs TimeLord (Saga Frontier)

Heavy

Middle

Light

Legend of Mana: Played, don't rank
Xenoblade Chronicles: Played, rank
Tales of Graces f: Not played, abstain
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together: Played rank
Rogue Galaxy: Not played, Don't rank
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn: Not played, don't rank

Rankings

Brigandine (10/19)-abstain
Cthulhu Saves the World (10/19)-rank
Earthbound (11/19)-rank
Final Fantasy XII (10/19)-don't rank
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (10/19)-abstain
Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (11/19)-rank
Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy (10/19)-rank
Mega Man X: Command Mission (10/19)-abstain
Parasite Eve (10/19)-don't rank
Phantasy Star II (10/19)-abstain
Soul Nomad & The World Eaters (10/19)-rank

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 05:13:30 AM »
Heavy

TM is the better Godlike, but sometimes life drops nanomachines on you before you can drop Meteors on it.

Middle

Agree stalling is not a good strategy, but since Rudy is slower and doesn't 2HKO, I really don't see anything stopping a Snow 3HKO.

All not playeds are (implicit) rejects.

Brigandine (10/19) - not played
Cthulhu Saves the World (10/19) - Played / rank.
Earthbound (11/19) - Not played.
Final Fantasy XII (10/19) - Played, abstain.
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (10/19) - Played, but do not rank.
Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (11/19) - Not played.
Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy (10/19) - Not played.
Mega Man X: Command Mission (10/19) - Not played.
Parasite Eve (10/19) - Played / do not rank.
Phantasy Star II (10/19) - Not played.
Soul Nomad & The World Eaters (10/19) - Not played.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 05:32:26 PM »
Heavy

Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4)  vs Time Mage (Final Fantasy V)

Middle

Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs) vs Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII) - Hilariously Albel might have actually had an easier time winning vs Snow - Chaos lock w/th non stop Aura Wall > Aura Wall > Aura Wall chains w/th Vampiric Flash  to draw HPs to keep an infinite Aura Wall loop going ... well I'd need to check about CP costs for that really. Albel's counter does chaos as well I think though and he can probably bypass base Snow physicals and chain straight into Aura Wall from his counters too. Pretty evil~

Also since FFXIII has ARPG elements don't see why SO3's own ARPG type shenanigans like invincibility frames/stunlocking/juggling/knockdown/infinites/etc wouldn't be also be thrown into the mix in return - Albel's counter has i-frames and he has a high knockdown/etc rate on most of his skills, Snow doesn't have Vigilance and Aura Wall juggle stunlocks so.

Data Mine

Legend of Mana - Haven't played, abstain
Xenoblade Chronicles - Haven't played, abstain
Tales of Graces f - On the agenda, rank
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - On the agena, rank
Rogue Galaxy - Haven't played, abstain
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - Haven't played abstain

Rankings

Brigandine (10/19) - Haven't played, rank.
Cthulhu Saves the World (10/19) - Haven't played, rank
Earthbound (11/19) - Haven't played, rank
Final Fantasy XII (10/19) - Played, rank (Sure, job based version of starting stuff/International Zodiac version, why not? - either or the FFXII-RW, FFTWoTL or FFTA2 versions of the characters~)
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (10/19) - Played, rank (for the Tais, stat topicded~)
Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (11/19) - Haven't played, abstain
Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy (10/19) - Haven't played, abstain
Mega Man X: Command Mission (10/19)- Haven't played, abstain
Parasite Eve (10/19) - Haven't played, don't rank.
Phantasy Star II (10/19) - Haven't played, rank
Soul Nomad & The World Eaters (10/19) - Haven't played, rank
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 07:24:04 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 09:47:06 PM »
Abstain on anything I've not played, which is everything except:
Xenoblade Chronicles - Played, rank. Fantastic cast, some nice little gimmicks.. If it can get the player-base, it's ideal for the DL.
Final Fantasy XII - Reject. Bad game that is a DL-trainwreck. This is like taking the cast of Golden Sun and giving them FF8's system/equips.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 12:23:29 AM »
Godlike

GenocideHeart (SaGa Frontier) vs TimeLord (Saga Frontier) - form buffering at worst.

Heavy

Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4) vs Time Mage (Final Fantasy V) - Faster explodiness

Middle

Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs) vs Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII) - simple slugfest

Light

Riki (SaGa Frontier) vs Fiona (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - I'm all for Stonebreath hype.

Data Mine

Legend of Mana - Played, rank. It has a full stat topic and the cast is kinda interesting. It's a well-known game with a decent amount of players from what I can tell. Would like to see it in some matches. I don't think there's a lot of instances where there'd be that many interp problems. Also, since I suggested it, I feel like I should explain why. (Currently starting to feel like the lack of interest it's getting is enough to give up on it, though)
Xenoblade Chronicles - Playing~, rank. The numbers might not be there yet, but it's a masterpiece of a game and it suits the DL well.
Tales of Graces f - Playing~, rank. Another one that's not quite there on playership yet, but I feel like the cast is interesting duelling-wise and the game itself is good enough that more people should play it.
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - Not played, abstain
Rogue Galaxy - Played, abstain. I wouldn't mind it in the DL, but there's no stat topic yet
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - Not played, don't rank. From what I can tell, it doesn't add anything that GS1 didn't already have, so there's no need to clog up the DL ranks with another one.

Rankings

Brigandine (10/19) - Played, abstain. Brig is cool, but I'd rather not bloat the DL with casts like this.
Cthulhu Saves the World (10/19) - Played, rank. Great cast! Would be the only American-made RPG in the DL. That's kinda cool.
Earthbound (11/19) - Played, abstain. As much as I like EB, I just don't care about it in the DL...
Final Fantasy XII (10/19) - Played, don't rank. Honestly, I'd like FF12 in the DL, but if it's causing other people headaches, there's no point. Rank FF12RW instead. Or even better...
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (10/19) - Played, RANK! I love this game.
Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (11/19) - Haven't played, abstain. So much apathy...
Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy (10/19) - Not completed, rank. One day I'll finish this, and I feel like it's more likely to happen if I keep seeing matches involving this incredibly awesome cast.
Mega Man X: Command Mission (10/19) - Not completed, abstain. Less enthusiasm for this one. Just don't care to play it. If enough others want it in, it won't hurt my feelings since at least the cast is diverse and well-designed, but I don't think that'll convince me to play any more of it.
Parasite Eve (10/19) - Played, rank. Aya-only.
Phantasy Star II (10/19) - Played, abstain. Big cast of boring except Rolf. This game's a relic and I can't defend it in the DL anymore.
Soul Nomad & The World Eaters (10/19) - Played, RANK! No Revya is fine, but I love this cast.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 12:36:50 PM »
Genocide Heart
Jeremy
Snow

Legend of Mana- Played, Reject
Xenoblade Chronicles- Not played, reject
Tales of Graces f- Plyaed, ranked (Stat topic is more or less done ,just n eed to edit it into a single post)
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together- Playing, rank
Rogue Galaxy- Not played, reject
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Not played, reject

Rankings

Brigandine (10/19)- Rank
Cthulhu Saves the World (10/19)- abstain
Earthbound (11/19)-abstain
Final Fantasy XII (10/19)- Reject with hellfire
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (10/19)- Reject
Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (11/19)- Rank
Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy (10/19)- Reject
Mega Man X: Command Mission (10/19)- Rank
Parasite Eve (10/19)- Rank
Phantasy Star II (10/19)- Rank
Soul Nomad & The World Eaters (10/19)- Rank
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 03:25:52 PM »
Oh and for the data mine.  Playing through (and will complete) Tactics Ogre.  The others I haven't played and I abstain, except for Legend of Mana which gets a reject.

Tactics Ogre itself is "wait and see."  The PC cast is slightly wacky since endgame level & legal equipment can vary wildly, and whichever brave person does the stat topic would have to get 3 paths worth of PCs, and then there will still be interp clashes based off if Chapter 4 uniques like Lord get a level penalty, how big of one, how much speed twinking is allowed (as pointed out, relevant for Denam cheesing everyone with Phalanx), etc.  Some Chapter 4 bosses might be more easily rankable, though.  (Not really any of the Chapter 1/2L/3L ones, though.)

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 08:35:25 PM »
Now that the season's winding down, I should ask; is GenocideHeart reasonably beatable?  It swept through the field pretty handily, but I'm curious how many duellers folks think can beat it in general.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 08:51:37 PM »
I think so. Outside of Tower, his damage isn't that impressive so most Godlike magic immunes have a good shot at beating him.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 09:02:14 PM »
GH is kind of a doozy in that Tower is instant loss to a whole goddamn lot of people (NEARLY 4x PC HP WHAT THE HELL). Thing is Tower can be walled (by the likes of -Canopy Defense-, which is just funny. Which also means Ghaleon loveloves him forever, Chaos Shield mocks the fuck out of Tower. Of course, Thunder immunity is a serious concern as well), and the durability per form really doesn't impress at all - not to mention that the non-Ocean shifts are endless DL Godlike failure (3HKO damage and sketchy status... well, it certainly makes him a winning Heavy if he plays his cards right, but he only gets three shifts to play with, and I see each form as 52% PC HP before factoring in defenses running off Laggy's numbers. So, prolly more of a Middle). In practice, I can't help but think people such as -Aeonless Yuna- may have a shot against his ass, since SaGa status often needs work, and I think I see damage between forms carrying over to a degree (for instance, I allow him to be OHKOed), but yeah. He just happened to land in a season with lowish overal power - Ryu3 could hand him his ass, and heck, I suspect the likes of -Ted- can handle him through OHKOing once GH shifts (heal Carnage, Judgment, buh-bye). Not to mention GH's speed is awful. He's a headache, but I don't think he's quite unbeatable - he starts looking mighty less impressive when he faces Thunder immunity, for starters, and even without it it -should- be possible to handle him to a degree. Hell, if Jade can tank a Tower and proceed to outslug GH... (well, he CAN)

EDIT: To clarify, I'm beginning to see the merits of allowing the HP buffer whores to be OHKOed in general, so that applies to Jenna and Virgil, for instance. Oz as well, but he's not really relevant for CKDL~

EDIT2: HOLY SHIT TOWERLESS GH IS SAGADL MALIBU FRAHMA
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 05:04:08 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 09:36:42 PM »
I am guilty of nomming two obnoxious duelers :(

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 09:37:51 PM »
We're all guilty of that at some point. One day, I'll have my Sol Cannon Light run.

EDIT: For all it's worth, after actually refreshing myself on GH, I don't really think he's very annoying anymore! Just really weird, but I kinda like weird. Helps that I don't even see him as high as 2x PC HP, if barely, but loo loo loo.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 09:40:38 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 10:02:07 PM »
Heavy

Middle

Light

Rankings:
Legend of Mana - Played It, Rank It
Xenoblade Chronicles - Haven't Played, Rank It
Tales of Graces f - Haven't Played, Rank It
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - Haven't Played, Rank It
Rogue Galaxy - Played It, Rank It
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - Haven't Played, Do Not Rank

Brigandine - Rank
Cthulhu Saves the World - Rank
Earthbound - Rank
Final Fantasy XII - Do Not Rank
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift - Rank
Lufia and the Fortress of Doom - Rank
Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy - Rank
Mega Man X: Command Mission - Rank
Parasite Eve - Rank
Phantasy Star II - Rank
Soul Nomad & The World Eaters - Rank

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 03:39:56 AM »
Data Mine

Legend of Mana- Haven't played, reject
Xenoblade Chronicles- Haven't played
Tales of Graces f- Haven't played
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together- Played, reject (I guess I can get into why when it gets to the next round, but it's basically 100% unstattopicable. The level headache is the easiest part to straighten out...).
Rogue Galaxy- Haven't played, reject
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn- Haven't played, reject

Rankings

Brigandine (10/19)- Reject. Duellers are boring, low power level, game constantly struggles
Cthulhu Saves the World (10/19)- Rank. Fun duellers (I also need to play it, but it helps that it is obviously clear cut enough DL wise)
Earthbound (11/19)- Rank. Ness is interesting enough and at least isn't an absurd Yamikei clause like it fellow old game resting on one Godlike.
Final Fantasy XII (10/19)- Reject
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (10/19)- Reject. Were people thinking of then ranking generics? Because...other the cast is a combo of dull/non-translating/people I have not heard of 80% through the game.
Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (11/19)- Rank. Always surprisingly strong DL wise.
Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy (10/19)- Rank. It is awesome, fun duellers
Mega Man X: Command Mission (10/19)- Rank. I hate it, but fun duellers
Parasite Eve (10/19)- Reject
Phantasy Star II (10/19)- Reject. Duellers are middlingly weak minus Rolf (who...probably has the worst Yamikei clause in the DL) and the one whose status hits humans, who always managed to fail it up despite this.
Soul Nomad & The World Eaters (10/19)- Rank. Fun duellers

...into the nightfall.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 03:57:47 AM »
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (10/19)- Reject. Were people thinking of then ranking generics? Because...other the cast is a combo of dull/non-translating/people I have not heard of 80% through the game.

That's correct.  Generics from a game are  considered as ranked in CKDL.  See also Time Mage from FFV this week.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2012, 04:43:08 AM »
I guess I can get into why when it gets to the next round, but it's basically 100% unstattopicable. The level headache is the easiest part to straighten out...

Can you elaborate further? Apart from the annoyance of recruiting everyone (which will take at least 3 playthroughs and a FAQ handy), I don't see what's especially hard about "level everyone up in their starting job, don't give them any tarot cards". The damage formulas aren't known (although some other pivotal formulas, such as the one for speed/turns, are) but that just means manual testing, the old-fashioned way. It seems more like a high-effort case than anything else.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 08:28:20 AM »
My manual testing implies that damage formulas are way to wonky to even puzzle out (There's...Luck, which in the original looks like it can act as a percentage +/- % compared to enemy stat and is also uncheckable, those weird affinities, and the stats were not even lining up well even throwing those out. I suppose a hacker might shed some light, but seemed like too many secret or hidden stats otherwise. Even the site with the Japanese stats apparently went down although Niu said that there were a lot of changes from JP to NA. Leveling and recruiting would be the easy part!).
...into the nightfall.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2012, 01:41:49 PM »
Hence the pure manual testing. It mostly takes ages to gather, but if you don't have formulas, the solution is pretty much panging things and see how the numbers go and jot them down. At least TO has damage and accuracy projections to make this less annoying than it could be.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2012, 12:14:35 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Data Mine

Legend of Mana - Played.  Reject. - gtfo
Xenoblade Chronicles - Partial played.  Rank if enough players.
Tales of Graces f - Played.  Abstain. - What do abstains count as?
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - Partial played.  Rank if enough players and is stat topic'd.
Rogue Galaxy - Partial played.  Rank if enough players and is stat topic'd. - I kind of doubt that will happen though.
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - Not played.  Rank if enough players.

Rankings

Brigandine (10/19) - Abstain.
Cthulhu Saves the World (10/19) - Rank.
Earthbound (11/19) - Abstain.
Final Fantasy XII (10/19) - Reject.  gtfo
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (10/19) - Abstain.
Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (11/19) - Abstain.
Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy (10/19) - Rank.
Mega Man X: Command Mission (10/19) - Rank.
Parasite Eve (10/19) - Reject.  gtfo
Phantasy Star II (10/19) - Abstain.
Soul Nomad & The World Eaters (10/19) - Abstain.

MalcolmMasher

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2012, 06:24:20 AM »
Godlike

GenocideHeart (SaGa Frontier) vs TimeLord (Saga Frontier) - NO FUTURE

Heavy

Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4) vs Time Mage (Final Fantasy V) - Jeremy champs? Haha, nice.

Data Mine

Not played and abstain on all six games.

Rankings

Brigandine (10/19) - Abstain
Cthulhu Saves the World (10/19) - Rank
Earthbound (11/19) - Rank
Final Fantasy XII (10/19) - Don't rank. PCs translate terribly (and are boring), can't bring myself to care about temps/bosses.
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (10/19) - Abstain
Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (11/19) - Don't rank. PCs are boring, Sinistrals have other games.
Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy (10/19) - Abstain
Mega Man X: Command Mission (10/19) - Rank
Parasite Eve (10/19) - Rank, I guess. Not sure how to take Aya, but at least she's unusual.
Phantasy Star II (10/19) - Don't rank. Boring, etc.
Soul Nomad & The World Eaters (10/19) - Abstain