Author Topic: Diversionary Twink League: Noms  (Read 1756 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Diversionary Twink League: Noms
« on: September 23, 2012, 09:34:01 PM »
The Twink League is an ancient DL tradition, in which devious mathematical minds devise ways to show off how mediocre duellers can, with the right skills, dominate the competition in much higher weight classes.  It was a tournament with much more complicated rules than I'm willing to sort through, so instead we'll have the usual boring bracket style.  To compensate, we will instead have two weight classes, the Bluelikes and the Godlikes.  As is traditional, and to hopefully clarify the overall power level you should aim for in each division, a portion of the duellers will be untwinked characters.

These noms will be fairly open.  There are no particular restrictions on what you can or cannot nom (though obviously games with better draw will be more likely to get in), nor how many builds you can submit.  Just submit twink builds; if we need more DL slots to even things out, I'll handle that end.  The size of the tournament will just run with what gets nommed.

Bluelikes

Blue (SaGa Frontier)
Minato Arisato (Persona 3)
Revya (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters)
Gawn Brawdia (Wild ARMs 4)

Godlikes

Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Seymour Guado (Final Fantasy X)
Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV)
Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star)

Keep in mind that twinks will be held fairly strictly to their submitted build.  Noms will likely run until next Sunday.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: Diversionary Twink League: Noms
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 09:44:44 PM »
Godlikes:

Virginia Maxwell (WA3) - All Mediums and PSs natural to those Mediums allowed, but no mid-battle Medium swapping
Yu Narukami (P4)
Isolde Schelling (MK)
Princess Toadstool (SMRPG) - Lazy Shell and Ghost Medal equipped
Kusuha Mizuha - SP Regen, SP Up +9, Prevail L9 and an EN regen accessory (whose name in OG currently eludes me) (SRW:OG1)
Meliadoul Tingel (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Yin Yang Magic secondary, Blood Sword, Escutcheon 2, Robe of Lords, Grand Helmet, Cachusa, Attack UP, Auto-Potion, Move HP-Up. Any of these can be replaced by DL-legal options if wanted.
Luc (Suikoden 2) - Cyclone Rune, Mother Earth Rune, Gale Rune
Altima (Laggy Fantasy Tactics)
Hilda (Shadow Hearts 3) - Slim Question Mask, Magic Mind's Eye, Crucifix, Small Jug, starts with one stock.
Cait Sith (Final Fantasy 7) - Sneak Attack+Shield, Green Master Materia+Counter, MP Up, Mystile, Ribbon
Lute (Fire Emblem 8) - Sage, Capped Con, Luck and Speed+Excalibur, average Lute stats otherwise. Concrete durability's kinda ungood, but 70%+ evade and 31 Speed off 2HKO damage before doubles? Can't really go horribly wrong. Basically Sety minus.
Clarissa Arwin - Dandelion Class, Elementalist EQ, Mag+25%, Accelerator, Speed +25%, High Cavalier OC, Sacred Slayer OC, Enigmancer OC, Secutor OC

Bluelikes:

SRX (SRWOG2) - SP Regen on all pilots and first-turn initiative spirits allowed. That's all.
Yuna [with a locked First Strike weapon, no Magus Sisters] (FFX)
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (WAoO)
Iseria Queen (VP) [This may be an overestimate. On the other hand, Iseria Queen still sports something like wt.fffffx PC HP damage of both types running off durability that doesn't fail. Average speed -does- put a damper on that, but...]
Brahman (DDS2) - I randomly like him. Go figure.
Ozma (FF9)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 12:47:01 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 08:41:22 PM »
Kind of working with a few ideas here (Both work in progress, just trying to throw some out first)
Godlike
The Ball of Lightning: Bart XG- Power Crisis (or whatever the item was) and the Speed Shoes (make him like 202% speed), but starts at 1 HP. Power Crisis will be 3.5x Attack, which I should math out.
The Tank: Some kind of Estelle build with legal skills? I know there are notation on making her absurd to kill, but the damage will never be good.
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 01:24:45 AM »
Jo'ou, pretty sure Yuna is Bluelike (for all that as usual she can be spoiled in Godlike), above-average speed get-turn-win.  She's certainly hung with the Bluelikes before and been fine, since in that type of tournament there's no question about allowing Anima, etc.

Anyway...

Bluelike
Cloud (FF7) - With a Mystile, Ribbon, Enemy Skill materia, and Final Attack (x5) - Phoenix.  (Okay and Lightning + Ice if he wants it too, not that it really matters.)
Vayne (FF12) - Okay yes he loses to the likes of Lilka, but invincibility cheese means he handles duelers like Gawn no problem.  Bizarre anti-boss slugfester who hates healers w/ deep resources.

Godlike
Estelle (Trails) - With full storebought Orbment choice and 200 SP.  Note that she pretends she's Joshua and grabs Action 3 / Cast 2 almost no matter what the rest of her set is.
Vaan (FF12) - With full license board, scaled against other characters with the full license board.  So all magic, all Augments, all Techniks, all storebought equipment, etc.  Damage is nothing special but has elemental spoiling, status, various weird boosts, ability to pulse damage a bit with Quickenings, etc.  Something of a headache but throwing him out here anyway.

EDIT: Since lots of obscure-leaning stuff has been nommed so far...
Bluelike
Celes - all FF6 magic, her choice of Esper equipped, FF6 SNES algorithms. 
Equipped: Ilumina / Paladin's Shield / Minerva / Mystery Veil / Marvel Shoes / Ribbon

(Notably this means she should have perfect MEvade which is perfect everything evade in FF6 SNES, and to a lesser extent gives her Vanish->Doom cheese if her status game isn't there by default.  Marvel Shoes is Haste/Safe/Shell/Regen as a reminder.)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:27:16 AM by SnowFire »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 01:32:16 AM »
If she's not unrankably strong, she's not Bluelike. And the DL proper showed that time and again. >_> Actually, you gave me an idea! *Goes to edit post.*
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 03:04:57 AM »
Citan "In my previous life, I was a WA4 boss" Uzuki - Speed Ring S+, Speed Ring. 16 natural Speed Citan with the option to Haste and can take a hit. The alternative is Speed Ring S+, Speed Ring, Speed Shoes, for 16 speed Citan with Auto-Haste. But no armor means he's much more frail.

Red Zone loopage Raquel - Goat Doll/Prism Staff. Auto-Revives once per battle with an instant turn and a bonus 25 FP for a guaranteed Intrude. Also has no drawbacks whatsoever.

Dodgesuke - Malahk (Evade Phys)/Ama-Gakure (+10 AGI, 40 EVA), Barbaric Bracers (Ali Dance). Throws on Sukukaja. Now if we only had his P4A form.

Infinite 5 Damage Works Mia10 - Optional Brave Sword/Alondite. Adept/Cancel bonus skills.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 06:38:26 PM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 10:25:25 AM »
I could nom SO3 max level/Boots of Prowess/Health/MP berries/MP Tank set ups if people don't mind =) Also any ruling on infinites or looping invincibility frames into each other?~

(I was thinking max level/max BoP/5000~ DEF Fayt w/th either long X/flipkick/short X X X X, etc or Side Kick i-loop spam or/and Peppita max level/max HP/Convert Damage to MP/MP boosting - she can get 60'000~ MP/ w/th L10 Healing Dance, L10 Magical Dance w/th either counter based invincibility or dance i-frames loop spam - well probably not really on the invincibility looping for them, it's probably too broke, even here but I thought it might be interesting for people to know about them anyway =))
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 10:47:30 AM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 12:41:24 PM »
Joachim Valentine - Great Question form.  Spikes/Blood Jewel/Extreme for Accessories.  Valefor Crest (Cure All, Heal), Aim Crest (Rage, Shield, Gale, Heat Edge), Melt Crest and free Ring Item Selection.

Johnny Garland - Magic Mind's Eye/Crucifix/Priest Earrings plus free Ring Item Selection and 2 Bars starting stock.

Princess Toadstool - Super Suit/Quartz Charm.  Not quite as broken as other entries, but.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 07:52:49 AM »
Meant to update this today, but could really use more noms anyway so that works out.  Will lead this open for another day or two and see if anyone else comes up with something.  Else I'll just try and even out brackets and roll with what's here I guess.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 11:33:42 AM »
Gen 3-5 Mewtwo: Holding Life Orb, free access to move tutors/TMs. (Probably still Godlike, thanks to Amnesia not being broken as fuck in Gen 4/5.)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 11:36:14 AM by Yoshiken »

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 04:37:33 PM »
I'd like to nom T260G, but I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to her that lifts her up at all from Godlike, but maybe if anyone has any ideas?

As for anything else... how about the Stern Regisseur (Hard Mode version) from OG2 as a Bluelike.

I'll toss in Katze Kotolnos as a Godlike too, if you need another nom.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 06:48:04 PM »
I'd like to nom T260G, but I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to her that lifts her up at all from Godlike, but maybe if anyone has any ideas?

You could probably just give her a bunch of equips she doesn't normally get like Spriggan Suit/ Hyperion Bazooka etc.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 02:13:42 AM »
Nomming T260G with the following setup:

HP 200+799 (It's more, but it caps at 999)
STR 20+79 (99)
QUI 20+79 (99)
INT 48+50 (98)
WIL 20+55 (75)
PSY 20+40 (60)
VIT 20+40 (60)
CHA 20
WP 50, LP 15

Pluto Armor (+150 HP, +20 PSY and VIT)
Pluto Armor
SprigganSuit (+200 HP, +25 STR, QUI and INT)
HG-Cannon  (60 attack, +250 HP, +30 QUI and WIL)
HG-Cannon  (60 attack, +250 HP, +30 QUI and WIL)
MegaBeamSword (uses BeamSword, 55 atk, locked)
V-System (uses V-Max, locked)
FortBody (20/30/20/20/20/5/5/5, immunes all status except Stun, allows Graviton, locked)

99 in all types of defenses.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 01:04:39 AM »
Bluelike
Plot X-Death (Tree of Mua Form) (FF5)
Xenogears (scaled vs PCs) (XG)
Bundt & Raspberry (full chain) (SMRPG)

Godlike
Blue, Secret Service Agent (SaGa) - Blue without the infinite JP spells (Tower, OverDrive, StasisRune) set, and raised as a gunner instead of a mage. (Use Emelia's stats, double PSY/WIL/INT and 80-90 JP or so.)
Barret, The Classic (FF7) - Four mastered Counterattack materia and four mastered HP Plus materia on the Missing Score, plus a Ribbon.
Lulu, Black and White Edition (FFX) - Lulu with access to all Black (i.e. includes Ultima) and White Magic.

And some non-twink noms!
Dr. Psyche (MMX:CM)
L100 Back Attack Ruby Dragon (FF8)
Dycedarg's Elder Brother (Dyce+Adra Chain) (FFT)
Sora (KH)
Sephiroth (FF7)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 01:28:08 AM by Laggy »
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.