Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 91  (Read 3259 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 91
« on: October 22, 2012, 04:43:00 AM »

"Hahaha... I see things got a bit too hard for some of you. Oh well, you always have another chance..."

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------
**Full Heals reset limit and other types of gauges when teams pass through them.
Team Snowfire | Fang, Vanille, Snow (Firefly), Lightning (Leader), Hope
Floor 7a: The Elemental Ties that Bind
Team Snowfire vs. Sasarai, Lich (FF1), Land Umber (SD3) and Scarmiglione-Z (FF4DS)
Team Snowfire vs. Barbariccia, S2 Luc, Tiamat (FF1) and Kanji
Team Snowfire vs. Kary, Lucca, Yukiko, Ho-oh and Alen (S1)
Team Snowfire vs. Fiegmund (SD3), Marle, Lenus, Kraken(FF1) and Cagnazzo (FF4DS)
Team Snowfire vs. Profound Darkness and Lamington

Team Tal | Celes (Speed?) Nel, Lyn, Yukiko, Cray
[Celes: Kirin(M), Siren(M), Stray(M), Shoat(M), Zone Seeker((M), Seraphim(M), Fenrir(M), Gilgamesh] Celes' Espers
Floor 6a: Underachievers
Team Tal vs. Largo, Sync, Legretta and Asch
Team Tal vs. Marsilio, Decus and Vesper
Team Tal vs. Dheginsea and FE7 Dragon
*Full Heal
Team Tal vs. Hugo (RH), Palomides (RH) and Viola (RH)
Team Tal vs. Rupert (XF) and Weisheit (XF)

Team Djinn | Lenneth, Ivan, Jane, Sacred Slayer, Marco (Life)
[Ivan: 1 Venus] Ivan's Djinni
[Floor 1: Starting off Again (Beginning of the game)]
Team Djinn vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Snowe(S4), Gorudo and Boss Catiua (TOPSP)
Team Djinn vs. Bronzog, Galleon, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1)
Team Djinn vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius
Team Djinn vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5), Garland (FF1) and LORD OCHU (FFX)
Team Djinn vs. Lich and Kraken

Team Andy | Souji, Chie, Yosuke, Naoto and Yukiko  Souji's Personas
Team Andy vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Snowe(S4), Gorudo and Boss Catiua (TOPSP)
Team Andy vs. Bronzog, Galleon, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1)
Team Andy vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius
Team Andy vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5), Garland (FF1) and LORD OCHU (FFX)
Team Andy vs. Lich and Kraken

Firefly - The first attack of each enemy will be redirected at the bearer of this sealstone. Multitarget  moves are not affected. If a status is used that prevents the target from acting (Petrify, Sleep, etc.) then the effect is nullified until the status is removed.

Speed? - The effective speed of one character is set to 120% (1.2x) average speed. This number may be further increased by speed-increasind effects.

Life - One character's healing effects now also allows for revival, however the healing also only revives characters with 1 HP. The healing received from spells that hit more than one target may be used as revival once per battle.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 05:23:46 PM by Nephrite »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 91
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 02:31:36 PM »
[Celes: Kirin(M), Siren(M), Stray(M), Shoat(M), Zone Seeker((M), Seraphim(M), Fenrir(M), Gilgamesh] Celes' Espers
Team Tal vs. Largo, Sync, Legretta and Asch - So much lulz. Lyn one-rounds Asch and these losers are infinite failure at full HP. Round two gets Sync 2HKOed by Lyn+Nel and afterwards magic happens.
Team Tal vs. Marsilio, Decus and Vesper - owowowowowowow Nel hits weakness on Decus so much pain. Marsilio gets soloed by Vanish'd Cray and Vesper is what he is.
Team Tal vs. Dheginsea and FE7 Dragon - I suppose having one PC with Vanish owns this fight pretty badly! Even no means to force Goldoa to groove can save this.
*Full Heal
Team Tal vs. Hugo (RH), Palomides (RH) and Viola (RH) - Nel's multihitting completely owns Viola's cheese. Past that, RH bosses aren't that durable if they're not named Apocrypha.
Team Tal vs. Rupert (XF) and Weisheit (XF) - O-kay, now to a saner turn of events! Weissy+Rupert can off mostly anyone they want between gravity and Rupert offense, but it rams evasion in Rupert's case. Alternatively, Rupert can pressure globally with his MT of doom, but he has to be hurt for that -and- evasion concerns still apply, while Weissy herself picks people apart with Rank of Death. Now, Team Tal could overwhelm at least Weissy with a single turn of offense, but 180% average speed sez no to Lyn doubling hype (Lyn still has a case to double Rupert and he doesn't hit her basically ever, but my suspicion is she's Weisheit's first Rank of Death target. Alternatively, Yukiko, since he outspeeds her with RoD). This fight weirdly pressures Tally-chu, partly because holy crap Cray is so goddamn slow. And Rupert also resists Nel's offense. Mang. Will have to mull this over, this fight isn't nearly as clear-cut as I thought, especially if Rupert and Weissy get to synchronize a Celes+Yukiko kill. EDIT: Well, first turn: Rupert does... something. Half the party he has issues hitting (he particularly -fails- against Lyn and Yukiko, Celes isn't much better because she should have her endgame setup by now, which hands her solid MBlock. His best bet is probably... Cray. :garcia:). Celes Ice2s Weissy. Nel pangs him as well and Lyn arrows her. This... let's say this adds up to roughly PC HP. Now, Weissy's Rank of Death goes off. If he chose anyone but Yukiko, lololol Yukiko Samarecarms and that was a waste of time. So, Yukiko dies for her. Rupert gets another shot, the best he could do is kill Cray, but even that has to run against the RNG - still, he may do it anyway because at least it stops damage from piling up on Weissy further. So, even assuming Cray dies, Celes revives anyone who needs it and Lyn+Nel close the deal. Once -this- is done, Rupert gets borderline solo'd by Lyn, let alone a full team with decent evasion and offense. No real way for him to pick himself back up, too much evasion fun for him to properly handle.

Team Djinn | Lenneth, Ivan, Jane, Sacred Slayer, Marco (Life) - Ivan is a -crucial- part of this team and I can't vote on him. I really hope he's good, 'cuz otherwise Lenneth is the -only- offense and variety in this team worth noting. I await floor 3 with bated breath, though, what with MT Turn Shift dungeon-breaking. EDIT: Also, not really sure why saddle Marco with Life: his revival is even early... granted, if you can shuffle the danged thing, it'll serve Sacred Slayer very well.

Team Andy | Souji, Chie, Yosuke, Naoto and Yukiko  Souji's Personas
Team Andy vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Snowe(S4), Gorudo and Boss Catiua (TOPSP) - So, how do you make a team hate life: with modern Persona-style elemental weaknesses, of course! Too bad it doesn't matter enough in this floor. Naoto's ID's at its most accurate earlier, at least. Snowe bites it and Evil Gaia damage fails so hard even hitting weakness on Chie that honey badger don't care. Also, fear Ciatiua of the 1/5 PC HP pdur.
Team Andy vs. Bronzog, Galleon, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1) - FFT Knight hits weakness on Yukiko. Bad. Naoto IDs Bronzong and Galleon. Good. Yu/Yosuke/Chie pretty much rush to Knight in order to prevent death and I think they manage (FFT Knight isn't all that tanky), at least.
Team Andy vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius - Axem Green could be scary due to hitting weakness on Yukiko, but his pdur is Euramtastic. Nobody else can properly exploit weakness holes here.
Team Andy vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5), Garland (FF1) and LORD OCHU (FFX) - Dear lord these people suck.
Team Andy vs. Lich and Kraken - Good thing Yu can hit weakness on Lich and Yosuke can mop up along with Naoto. Holy -shit- Ice 2 on Yukiko's ass would be ugly otherwise.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 06:02:26 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 02:43:02 PM »
Well, Barrier storm does require the person he's targeting with it to not get a turn to do damage period, and he's still vulnerable every other turn he goes with that. The fight is still hilarious because Asgard can just give teams the middle finger and spam the ohko barrier fist to kill with hilarious efficiency.  Granted, with that the fight is still doable if you um, have 4 100%+ speed revivers or 3 people with mp busting/silence...yeah <.< >.>.

I at least find the premise of the fight to be amusing enough(Hey look he can force people to target Rupert!)

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 03:25:16 PM »
My assumption was that his durability was not, in fact, that good outside of his invincibility gimmick. Is that not the case? I will change the fight in that case.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 03:44:31 PM »
Asgard is one of the most durable XF bosses, and durability is -not- a problem XF bosses have unless you're Dhyer or Snowfire. In Asgard's case, I'm not even sure it -matters-, because he's so fast it's very unlikely he'll leave himself open for assault before getting to manhandle entire parties. Barrier Storm isn't even the only way he has to make people explode - look at the power on his basic physical.

EDIT: Lightning damage does do horrifying things to him, but that's not really the point.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 03:48:59 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 03:49:43 PM »
Well, the stat topic calls it "Badass durability," so no.  Albeit with the proviso that Asgard gets 0 support credit which would matter to me.  (Even the battle with Asgard where he has said support, it isn't GOOD or relevant support.)  He's not actually good in-game (owned by Fantastica Slow Down / stand away from Barrier Storm) but he obviously translates insanely well to the DL.

Allegedly Barrier Fist doesn't even cost MP and shouldn't matter if Asgard is silenced, so not even sure that would help!  Guess [Silence or MP-bust] + solid PDur or Evade buffing would work, though.

Ninja'd by Jo'ou, yeah, same thoughts.  Clearly we need more SAMILLE and EL JACKSON for great elf hype or something.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 04:19:02 PM »
I'll change it to Weisheit, then.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 04:31:29 PM »
He's not actually good in-game (owned by Fantastica Slow Down / stand away from Barrier Storm) but he obviously translates insanely well to the DL.

XF Asgard's DL translation is probably one of the most inane I've seen in recent history. His gimmicks are pretty uniformly owned by basic XF cheese and positioning shenanigans, but it's the name of the game.

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 05:23:27 PM »
Uh yeah, I could've sworn that Barrier fist was part of Asgards Oc and thus cost mp and that he had a much weaker basic physical, but err, maybe I just remembered wrong.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 08:12:34 PM »
Asgard is one of the most durable XF bosses, and durability is -not- a problem XF bosses have unless you're Dhyer or Snowfire.

I find XF bosses fairly durable...as long as they have decent support (Which is say, Rupert is fairly durable).
...into the nightfall.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 07:09:04 PM »
The funny part about Rupert support is how killing it just makes him more dangerous. Rupert+Jogurt Swarm in the dungeon hype.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 05:08:11 AM »
**Full Heals reset limit and other types of gauges when teams pass through them.
Team Snowfire vs. Sasarai, Lich (FF1), Land Umber (SD3) and Scarmiglione-Z (FF4DS)- Think Sasarai is the only MT, so they rush. Shouldn't be too hard to control this fight as Lich and Scar aren't very dangerous.
Team Snowfire vs. Barbariccia, S2 Luc, Tiamat (FF1) and Kanji- Luc gets the early jump with MT. Barby probably chooses to go into Spinning. Kanji on the backend also gets MT. There might be some worry about an MT rush potentially. Probably needs Snow and Vanille to go on the healing defensive. Lightning and Fang getting Luc out are easy at least. Feel that there is some danger here, but kind of don't know.
Team Snowfire vs. Kary, Lucca, Yukiko, Ho-oh and Alen (S1)- Well, Ho-oh is somewhat effectively anti-MT here (half the turns due to Pressure doubling costs? I don't know), so taking out all the MT swarm is hard. But the MT swarm is slow, so...I'm sure there was some anti-elemental stuff.
Team Snowfire vs. Fiegmund (SD3), Marle, Lenus, Kraken(FF1) and Cagnazzo (FF4DS)- So, the worrisome part of this one might be Cagnazzo and MT Slow (Also want to be sure to take out Fiegmund and then Marle quickly). But...still not so worrid about it.
Team Snowfire vs. Profound Darkness and Lamington- Gut checking pass for the team. I'm really unsure about a lot of fights, but get a better feeling here compared to most teams facing floor 7.

Team Tal vs. Largo, Sync, Legretta and Asch
Team Tal vs. Marsilio, Decus and Vesper
Team Tal vs. Dheginsea and FE7 Dragon
*Full Heal
Team Tal vs. Rupert (XF) and Weisheit (XF)- Don't see any fights here that should be any issue

Floor 1 teams pass.
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 06:07:31 AM »
If you're curious, I'm pretty sure Team FF13 was pretty much doomed by the fight with all the Final Fantasy heroes in 7b, and had major problems with some of the others, so.

Heh, ninja'd by Dhyer.    I'm more skeptical on my team, actually (though happy to be convinced otherwise!).

Team Snowfire vs. Sasarai, Lich (FF1), Land Umber (SD3) and Scarmiglione-Z (FF4DS)
Earthquake is .65 PCHP MT (and faster than average speed), Lich's Ice2 is .42 PCHP MT (and average speed).  In other words if both of these go off there are Big Problems.  The party can avoid the MT wipe by deploying both Sentinel Snow & Sentinel Fang and resting on the Party defense boosts (at Role Level 4, it's .80 damgae for the party, or .8*.8=.64 reduction together, so that MT combined would do .68 PCHP damage, so Hope won't die.)  However, Sentinels themselves probably bake the "average" defense higher, so the effect isn't as drastic as when taken literally, so it might be more like .75 PCHP depending on your interp where Hope is at survival check instead and Vanille & Lightning are not feeling real healthy.  But so what?  This team needs to make something happen real fast, and I'm not sure there's enough.  Hope can Enfire/Bravery Commando Lightning to go kill the hell out of Lich while Vanille attempts to status Sasarai if you restrict Yellow Scarf to only S3 statuses, at best, but I personally let Yellow Scarf get her statuses if not the debuffs, so not sure that's a winning strategy to me.  Meanwhile Land Umber takes a swing at Snow with a powerful physical that can cause Sleep, so Snow needs to be blocking Daze.  Scar takes another nasty swing at Snow, but luckily thanks to Fang + his normal stupid durability, Snow probably survives all this punishment + the MT storm anyway.  Anyway, in the best case scenario where Lich is dead + Sasarai statused somehow, Fang ideally landed some challenges on the surviving troops (Snow, if awake and alive, can contribute too although this will get him killed), and the team can rebuild with Medics.  But meh, that's rough, and for the scenario where Sasarai is status immune...  actually that's not SO bad, I just need to make Vanille the leader this floor I guess?!  But no idea what people would see as the hitrate of Death on Sas.

There's another alternate strategy, which is the come-in-with-4-Commandos + Sentinel Snow for a big damage boost, and then cut short the attacking turns to snipe Sasarai before Earthquake resolves.  That would end the MT destruction threat, but depending on your views of letting enemy bosses stack up equivalent speed turns how they like, there's an alternate strategy where Lich Holds Snow, then Land Umber & Scarmiglione-Z smash the leader in the face.  If you see FF13 Daze resistance as stopping both SD3 Sleep & FF1 Paralysis (they ARE all pretty similar, I do see this as being true FYI) then this is obviously chancy at best as Snow resists two for the price of one, but it's still a shot to randomly win.  There's also Lich Sleep hype for potentially getting lucky and haxing something out (for all that this move is meh in the Dungeon since it's uber-terrible in game).

This battle is tough.  Maybe not unwinnable but things can go horribly wrong fast if status misses.

Team Snowfire vs. Barbariccia, S2 Luc, Tiamat (FF1) and Kanji
Hilariously enough if Fang is picked as leader she can knock Barb out of Spin with Highwind.  And curses, seems Kanji doesn't have an elemental weakness.  Anyway, another MT storm incoming.  Barb spins, Luc Shreddings, Tiamat Lightnings.  If I don't have a fairly conservative set with 2x Sentinel + Medic, Kanji just goes for Maziodyne and kills Hope and possibly kills Vanille as well.  If I do have a conservative setup, than Vanille must status Kanji out or else Matarukaja means I eat PAIN next round.  Even if Vanille does status Kanji, she wants to ideally get Luc as well.  And Barbariccia has her own MT that becomes active post-spin, and it's a 2HKO, and yeah this is going downhill fast.  Sufficient Tiamat disrespect (DoS antihype?) might see something like Lightning KOs Tiamat in one round with Ruin spam (Tiamat is all physical defense and weaker to magic), Vanille uses Fogga + Fog + Fog to disable Luc & Kanji, Hope heals, Snow & Fang Sentinel tank for the party damage reduction bonus, but this is another real shaky one.

Team Snowfire vs. Kary, Lucca, Yukiko, Ho-oh and Alen (S1)
Ho-oh uses Sunny Day.  S1 Final Flame is MT, Lucca's Flare is MT, Kary has MT, Yukiko has MT.  Most are slow but pretty much only 1 of them can be allowed to live / be unstatused in round 1 since their MT is already decent-good, and it's just been buffed.  For extra fun Yukiko has super-high dodge and Lucca is mostly status-immune.  Uh...  Ravager 5x Ice spam on Yukiko to knock her down since they aren't all going to miss, 2 Commandos take down Lucca, and 1x Saboteur statuses out Alen while Snow tanks Ho-oh, letting only Kary's MT resolve?  But you know, this can go wrong too, and at this point I'm just going to call it a fail on my team, at some point in the above 3 matches one of Vanille/Fang's statuses miss and I'm screwed.

Team Snowfire vs. Fiegmund (SD3), Marle, Lenus, Kraken(FF1) and Cagnazzo (FF4DS)
These losers mostly don't have good MT though (Lenus2 has an MT 3HKO or something), so kill Marle and cruise on Sentinel Snow tanking + provoke, if I'd made it this far.

Team Snowfire vs. Profound Darkness and Lamington
And these guys are food for FF13 too (if I'd gotten this far!).  Kill Lamington, and PD's only threat is in form 3 with Cancelling for Hope's array of buffs he'd have set up by then -> Megid spam, but unless PD sheds defbuffs on form shift, she's just going to go down real fast before this can get anywhere anyway.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 06:57:13 AM »
The separate PD forms are separate monsters in-game so they'd almost certainly shed any debuffs they could be hit by. There's precedent for this in FF13 as well... King Behemoths/Humbabas/etc. being the most obvious offhand.

Also, the water floor has better MT than you're giving it credit for... Fiegmund has the badass Ice Cradle (MT 2HKO + attack debuff). Although the stat topic doesn't bother to note which moves are MT because old stat topic standards. For other things that could maybe matter from SD3 bosses this week, Land Umber's Hyper Cannon is also MT. I believe that one does slightly less damage if used MT though, since I don't remember its damage being significantly different from Ice Cradle's. IIRC some spells do 20% less damage when used MT (think that's the figure anyway, the stat topic weirdly does not mention it), which still leaves Hyper Cannon as a pretty strong 2HKO anyway. Though, I have no respect for the SD3 "hit/evade/attack rate down" status it applies as I never noticed it doing anything, but your milage may vary. (other SD3 stat modifiers are a big deal, though).

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 04:27:49 PM »
Is F7 Orphan's Cradle? ... Hmmm I'm wondering if Vanille's Mistilteinn/Ally KO Power Surge weapon would help any (it boosts healing/revival/buff duration as well as offence) - the Tier 2 version of the weapon with Ally KO Power Surge II is a 130% boost per down ally down so in game with two allies down Vanille can operate at 360% of her usual capacity with this weapon equipped, she can also get a further boost on top of that by equipping the accessories which give the Low HP - Power Surge effect with the weapon (though that won't work with Nirvana) - would there be a cap on this for the dungeon? Otherwise Vanille would be running around at 560% or more of her normal power if all four allies dropped assuming she somehow survived >_> (and remember Death has a huge 4.0 DM% which is also exploitable with the SAB > COM/Death Commando switch/Paradigm Change Buffering Effect) ~

Also I imagine Hope and Vanille (if you allow secondaries) will be quite liberal with applications of the "Bar Element" spells for these fights!~
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 06:44:11 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 05:18:14 PM »
Snowfire fails, I think Land Umber also has MT damage with earthquake and that's too much MT to withstand. Abstain on Tal, floor 1 teams pass.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 05:30:26 PM »
Hilariously enough, I did attempt to look up Land Umber before writing that up, and I investigated Earthquake, and...  it's ST.  (At least Angela's version is.)  So I sensibly thought LU was all ST, but as DHE pointed out apparently Hyper Cannon is MT, and that is rough.  There's only one way I survive that fight: 2 Sentinels + 2 Medics + seeing the Medic turns as going first or interleaving with the MT damage storm + Vanille does something nasty to Sasarai.

Barelement spells are great vs. AI where you can have the breathing room to set it up, but I'm usually getting blitzed, and Hope can only Barelement one person at a time on round 1.  Usually better just to Sentinel + Medic tank.  Barearth doesn't exist either, which is unfortunate.

The Water & PD battles still don't sound that bad, with Sentinel tanking the MT is controllable, and if Hope can spend a turn as Synergist Bravery should basically undo the attack debuff on whoever got hit.  As for PD, Sentinel + 2x Medic at worst should own Megid spam while 2x something beatdown.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 10:57:16 PM »
Can't vote on any of the teams but I do feel somewhat obligated to offer Ivan commentary.

Team Djinn | Lenneth, Ivan, Jane, Sacred Slayer, Marco (Life)
[Ivan: 1 Venus]
Ivan's current setup at this time is trading some of his speed advantage (though he should still be above average on that front) for a bit of durability (which is still going to be not good) , ST healing (should be full or close to full on F1, even with running off of a bad element stat for him), and some Earth damage.  The damage is, ultimately, a net loss compaired to his base class since neither attack spell he has right now is any sort GT and both of them are weaker on base than what he gets in his base class.  That said, at least it can be taken off easily to revert Ivan to his base class and do a bit of damage to something in the process so it's not like it's the worst decision in the world or anything, especially since Flint is competent physical damage at this point.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 11:02:41 PM by Random Consonant »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 03:48:41 AM »
If you're curious, I'm pretty sure Team FF13 was pretty much doomed by the fight with all the Final Fantasy heroes in 7b, and had major problems with some of the others, so.

Heh, ninja'd by Dhyer.    I'm more skeptical on my team, actually (though happy to be convinced otherwise!).

Result of me not remembering/knowing which SD 3 boss attacks were MT, if any. Change my vote to fail. Fight 1 was all about getting Sasarai out quickly because I thought he was the MT. Not that I know there are 3 MTers, and that Vanille may need to go before Earthquake AND has to status out Sasarai (He has 50% MEvade). And then there was more MT in the Water fight too. Yeah.
...into the nightfall.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 12:33:15 PM »
Voting a potentially controversial pass for Snowfire's team. I see some places where the team could get overwhelmed and odds are they might, but I also don't see any solid shutdowns where a good status hitrate wouldn't completely win the match for Snowfire's team. He gets a pass because the FF13 team is interesting and Floor 7 is probably the roughest floor.

Tal's team looks solid so pass.

I came into the topic all prepared to do a full rundown on why my team can beat the losers of Floor 1, but then I realized that I don't remember over half of the Floor 1 enemies because I haven't played their respective games in nearly a decade and I only vaguely remember "They suck and insta-lose all DL matches", so you get no in-depth commentary, only passes for both Floor 1 teams.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 02:02:32 PM »
It probably involves Turn-Shifting Lenneth all day anyway.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2012, 03:06:21 AM »
Djinn, wouldn't call it controversial, there are ways the FF13 team can win certainly...  it's just an uphill climb.

Sacred Slayer does not have much in the tank for Turn Shift spam, it's probably better off with Sanctify hype vs. Lich or something.

Anyway Team Djinn passes.  The offense is awful but it doesn't matter since the only vaguely threatening fight forces Lich & Kraken into some very specific moves to deal with the pile of healing Djinn has, and they're not exactly durability gods, and Sanctify + everyone else (even if Hold is seen as nailing Lenneth pre-damage) should off Lich round 1, and yeah.

For Team Tal...

What exactly is the plan here vs. paralysis spam from Hugo?  Okay Nel immunes it, and Cray resists it by 50%, and Lyn can dodge it, and Celes might block it, and it's only a 60% hit rate by default, but it's still kinda rough.  The team can't hit Palomides's Lightning weakness either so aside from getting some people silenced, they're going to eat ID as well to keep them on their backfoot.  Viola is not really a threat (she never even bothers with her shield in the Dungeon, she needs to go aggro, but has just a 5HKO that's MT) but I do see RH bosses as reasonably durable (Pal is the weakest here probably), and if Hugo can live to spam his paralysis twice, that's a problem with Pal keeping the team on their backfoot.  Celes seems to have skipped the big damage spells in FF6 if I'm not mistaken (no Fire3, etc.) so she can't blitz as hard as she normally could.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2012, 03:18:00 AM »
Celes...might have naturally picked up Ice 3? by now naturally?
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2012, 03:32:39 AM »
I definitely don't buy that. Calling Ice 3's level (42) Floor 7 is a touch generous, let alone floor 6.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 09:52:41 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2012, 08:06:53 PM »
I will update this tomorrow.