Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 93  (Read 2777 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 93
« on: November 04, 2012, 01:44:57 AM »

"Hmm, a new challenger I haven't seen in a while. Let's see how far that same idea can get these days..."

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------
**Full Heals reset limit and other types of gauges when teams pass through them.

Team Djinn | Lenneth, Ivan, Jane, Sacred Slayer, Marco (Life)
[Ivan: Granite, Gust, Zephyr | Wind Seer] Ivan's Djinni
Floor 3b: Multiply
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team Djinn vs. Billy, Bart, Rico and Elly
Team Djinn vs. Raquel (WA4), Rudy (WA1), Brad (WA2), Gallows (WA3) and RAGNAR BLITZ LEBRETT (WAXF)
Team Djinn vs. Nina4, FFT Chemist and Artea
Team Djinn vs. Spherimorph, Dalton and Augst
Team Djinn vs. Shadow Yukiko and Shadow Kanji

Team Andy | Souji, Chie, Yosuke, Naoto and Yukiko  Souji's Personas
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team Andy vs. Billy, Bart, Rico and Elly
Team Andy vs. Raquel (WA4), Rudy (WA1), Brad (WA2), Gallows (WA3) and RAGNAR BLITZ LEBRETT (WAXF)
Team Andy vs. Nina4, FFT Chemist and Artea
Team Andy vs. Spherimorph, Dalton and Augst
Team Andy vs. Shadow Yukiko and Shadow Kanji

Team CT | Peppita, Fang(Neo Speed), Vanille, Mesarthim, Priest
[Floor 2b: Magical Mystery]
Team CT vs. FFT Wizard, FF1 Black Wizard, FF5 Black Mage and Vivi
Team CT vs. Nina1, Nina2 and Nina3
Team CT vs. Lemina, Mia, Ronfar, Jessica and Luna
Team CT vs. Sarah (S3), Cleo and Bernadette
Team CT vs. Lyon and Nergal

Team Piggyman | Songstress, Eileen (NeoSpeed) Garnet, Marcus, FFT Priest, Nall
[Floor 1: Starting off Again (Beginning of the game)] Songstress' Dances
Team Piggyman vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Snowe(S4), Gorudo and Boss Catiua (TOPSP)
Team Piggyman vs. Bronzog, Galleon, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1)
Team Piggyman vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius
Team Piggyman vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5), Garland (FF1) and LORD OCHU (FFX)
Team Piggyman vs. Lich and Kraken

Speed? - The effective speed of one character is set to 120% (1.2x) average speed. This number may be further increased by speed-increasind effects.

Life - One character's healing effects now also allows for revival, however the healing also only revives characters with 1 HP. The healing received from spells that hit more than one target may be used as revival once per battle.

Neo Speed - The effective speed of one character is increased by 10% and increases 20% each time that character takes a turn, this effect caps at 2x base speed. The speed of this character cannot be increased in any way, nor can this character grant or be granted turns via any manner. If the character dies the speed is removed and cannot be regained.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 93
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 04:41:04 AM »
Before people hype it, Sacred Slayer Turn Shift doesn't work with Widespread, so I would not see it as turning MT on this floor despite the floor explicitly ignoring the usual restrictions.  As for Marco's Turn Shift, that probably does work...  if he has access to it.  Checking a wiki, Marco gets that at lvl. 26, which is a bit shaky for floor 3 if I recall my RH level curve accurately.  And hell no to allowing MT Switch whatever that would mean. 

This is still an incredibly dangerous fight.  From Djinn's notes in the Wiki, Ivan is mostly about spamming Silence in this setup, which is worthless vs. XG blockers.  If Billy nails Wild Smile, Team Djinn is 100% screwed, and I kind of doubt Ivan + Jane can manage that.  That said...  while Marco is apparently 1 point below average speed at endgame, that average is with Eruca equipping the Shadowrun dress, which doesn't exist yet on F3.  OTOH, Gafka doesn't exist yet either really, and he drags the speed average down.  Also, Bart is only barely barely barely above average speed himself (stat topic claims 100.6%) and that's with XG on-foot characters having Maria in the averages to make them look good when she isn't exactly a serious on-foot pick.  Even a tiny amount of XG speed disrespect + Marco or Lenneth speed respect would be enough here to outrace Wild Smile with either Lenneth beatdown or Switch -> Lenneth beatdown.

Team Djinn vs. Raquel (WA4), Rudy (WA1), Brad (WA2), Gallows (WA3) and RAGNAR BLITZ LEBRETT (WAXF)
This set is actually pretty tanky, and Lenneth's MT nature is guaranteed to set off Red Zone, but still Ivan damage -> Lenneth damage -> Turn Shift Ivan damage probably kills everyone and evades Red Zone I suspect.

These guys all immune silence.  Not sure if I let Chemist's auto-potion affect everyone, though.  Even if I did, not sure this group has any answer to infinite Lenneth healspam.

Lenneth + Marco healspam.

Team Djinn vs. Shadow Yukiko and Shadow Kanji
Ummmmm.  This looks tough since attacking into them sets up their big damage.  And MT'd Heat Riser from Nice Guy sounds pretty sweet, especially if Kanji spends turn 1 Energy Charging.  By the time Sacred Slayer Turn Shift spam starts, they all have +40% evade and +40% defense, and if they survive to turn 2, they surely KO the entire team.  But I don't know how much HP respect they're worth for surviving to turn 2 even with Heat Riser, so will defer to P4 players.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 05:06:50 AM by SnowFire »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 04:51:00 AM »
I'm still gonna hype MT Turnshift and Marco should have TransTurn by now, so I'm all for Unlimited Turn Works cause it's hilarious.

Even without it though, Ivan has access to Zephyr's release, which is an MT speed boost that should allow most of my team to act first, and it only takes one of Lenneth, SS, or Marco for Lenneth to get a full Soul Crush turn in to take out the dangerous ones.

For the XG fight, Ivan MT speeds everyone up to make sure that Lenneth can get two turns (through some kind of turnshift shenanigans) before Elly gets a turn, Lenneth Normalizes away Wild Smile and then Soul Crushes the XG team (or at least Elly) to death and keeps her from 100% Sleep-raping my team.

Ivan can spam both Bind (80% Silence) and Sleep (90% Sleep) in this setup, off of gamebest speed now that Mia and Garet are dragging the averages down.

For the Shadow P4 fight, Ivan uses Granite's Release, which is a straight-up Halve-Damage buff, which should counteract the 40% P4 buffs enough for Lenneth turnspamming to start.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 05:13:05 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 07:02:54 AM »
On the Floor 3B people, does the last fight include Nice Guy and Tough Guy with Shadow Kanji, or are they specifically excluded due to the nature of the floor on virtue of not being named?

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 02:59:00 PM »
I would allow Shadow Kanji access to the moves of Nice and Tough guy, I think, but hadn't really considered specifically what to do in that situation.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 08:21:42 PM »
Team Djinn vs. Shadow Yukiko and Shadow Kanji: MT Turn Shift with Lenneth around ftw.

Team Andy vs. Billy, Bart, Rico and Elly: Souji and
Team Andy vs. Raquel (WA4), Rudy (WA1), Brad (WA2), Gallows (WA3) and RAGNAR BLITZ LEBRETT (WAXF): Status and such.
Team Andy vs. Nina4, FFT Chemist and Artea: I think Artea and Nina4 both hit an element weakness and are both very fast. That is enough. P4 element weaknesses are a pain.
Team Andy vs. Spherimorph, Dalton and Augst
Team Andy vs. Shadow Yukiko and Shadow Kanji

Team CT | Peppita, Fang(Neo Speed), Vanille, Mesarthim, Priest
Team CT vs. FFT Wizard, FF1 Black Wizard, FF5 Black Mage and Vivi: FF5's BM has to die first. This isn't that hard to accomplish.
Team CT vs. Nina1, Nina2 and Nina3: Nina1 and Nina2 go down easy enough. Liferain is awesome. Priest can heal Mesa if she's Held.
Team CT vs. Lemina, Mia, Ronfar, Jessica and Luna: I think Fang had some status that would help here. Slow or something. Liferain and that should help a lot. Though Lemina and Mia together can do mean things due to one going at the end and one at the beginning of the round. Meh. Mesa's faster than Wind Cane Mia anyway.
Team CT vs. Sarah (S3), Cleo and Bernadette: Not sure on this but I'll give the benefit of the doubt.
Team CT vs. Lyon and Nergal: Mesa and Priest between them can handle this methinks.

Team Piggyman vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Snowe(S4), Gorudo and Boss Catiua (TOPSP)
Team Piggyman vs. Bronzog, Galleon, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1): Blind Hype.
Team Piggyman vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius: Silence song?
Team Piggyman vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5), Garland (FF1) and LORD OCHU (FFX): Marcus helps here.
Team Piggyman vs. Lich and Kraken: Eileen and Marcus should have the damage for this.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 12:21:48 AM by Pyro »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 08:52:55 PM »
Before people hype it, Sacred Slayer Turn Shift doesn't work with Widespread, so I would not see it as turning MT on this floor despite the floor explicitly ignoring the usual restrictions.

You'll forgive me for my bluntness here, but this is absolutely ridiculous. The phrasing has always been "regardless of its original targetting, all moves become MT", and even untargettable ST moves like, say, Scream, have always been seen as MT. That's a ridiculously arbitrary restriction to place, especially considering there have been multiple instances of moves that couldn't be multitargetted in-game in any way to become MT in the Dungeon. I cannot possibly agree to that, not when the precedent has been set otherwise just about EVERYWHERE. Are you telling me moves that can't be All Materia'd in-game can't be MT in floor 3 while Trans-turn and FFT Quick can, even though both share the same practical limitation? Or worse, shit like Scream, which can't even be TARGETTED? Fuck that.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 08:56:58 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 09:34:58 PM »
Team Djinn vs. Billy, Bart, Rico and Elly- Well, yes, Bart uses Wild Smile, Lenneth normalizes and smites. I don't think she necessarily gets NV though, so it down to whether Marco is faster than Billy/Elly. I guess Ivan doing speed up turn 1 works here.
Team Djinn vs. Shadow Yukiko and Shadow Kanji- Skipping to this. Even if SS's can't be MTed, SS will turn transfer to Marco, and then Marco's will do the MT. This team will pile up damage quickly and consistently I think.

Team Andy vs. Billy, Bart, Rico and Elly- Doubled ID now MT
Team Andy vs. Raquel (WA4), Rudy (WA1), Brad (WA2), Gallows (WA3) and RAGNAR BLITZ LEBRETT (WAXF)- Two shots of ID should take off most, then 3 mages before Raquel. One...is a Fire mage though. So...Red Zone is a danger, and that will wreck this team. Just a note of if they have trouble with Raquel, chained Intrudes to death.
Team Andy vs. Nina4, FFT Chemist and Artea- Nina 4 actually can not hit an elemental weakness here. Artea of course, can get Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko's. That said, MT P4 spells may not get the "Once Again" and just the knockdown? Still, Nina MT pummels, Artea MT pummels and knocks Yosuke down. If Yu does not heal, feels like Chemist might be able to pick off the less durable ones (which is everyone on some level). Yu can have a weakness, but only to Dark here. Which is kind of limiting. Don't like the chances of getting out of this at all.
Team Andy vs. Spherimorph, Dalton and Augst- Well, Spherimorph will eventually move into Water weakness and pummel with Lightning. Augst counters everything with pain to Yukiko. Less worrisome than previous matches.
Team Andy vs. Shadow Yukiko and Shadow Kanji- Shadow Kanji has like 3 PC HP durability and can setup 80% MT physical damage on turn 2. Yukiko has 2.5 area. Yukiko can summon nasty things that break enemy stats, now have MT healing, and can inflict 100% MT Fear. Strong gut reaction here is fail.

Team CT | Peppita, Fang(Neo Speed), Vanille, Mesarthim, Priest- Later. Do not have a solid handle on the team.
Team CT vs. FFT Wizard, FF1 Black Wizard, FF5 Black Mage and Vivi
Team CT vs. Nina1, Nina2 and Nina3
Team CT vs. Lemina, Mia, Ronfar, Jessica and Luna
Team CT vs. Sarah (S3), Cleo and Bernadette
Team CT vs. Lyon and Nergal

Team Piggyman passes
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 09:43:52 PM »
Before people hype it, Sacred Slayer Turn Shift doesn't work with Widespread, so I would not see it as turning MT on this floor despite the floor explicitly ignoring the usual restrictions.

You'll forgive me for my bluntness here, but this is absolutely ridiculous. The phrasing has always been "regardless of its original targetting, all moves become MT", and even untargettable ST moves like, say, Scream, have always been seen as MT. That's a ridiculously arbitrary restriction to place, especially considering there have been multiple instances of moves that couldn't be multitargetted in-game in any way to become MT in the Dungeon. I cannot possibly agree to that, not when the precedent has been set otherwise just about EVERYWHERE. Are you telling me moves that can't be All Materia'd in-game can't be MT in floor 3 while Trans-turn and FFT Quick can, even though both share the same practical limitation? Or worse, shit like Scream, which can't even be TARGETTED? Fuck that.

I mentioned this in chat, but Sacred Slayer Turn Shift being MT is seriously awkward. It's fine, but given the effect of the move (exchanging CT), one of two things will happen, both being kinda weird:

a) Sacred Slayer will switch CT with each ally, in turn. Let's say the order is Lenneth, Ivan, Jane, Marco (i.e. the listed order). Then, after the four switches take place... Lenneth will have 100 CT, Ivan will have Lenneth's old CT, Jane will have Ivan's old CT, Marco will have Jane's old CT, and Sacred Slayer will have Marco's old CT. You could also let Djinn "choose his party order" as it were so that, say, Marco gets the 100 CT by being first in the switch order.

b) Alternatively, you can re-interpret Turn Shift as "fill the target's CT to 100, and the amount that is filled is subtracted from the caster's CT". This would give the entire team 100 CT but send Sacred Slayer herself into the deep negatives. (Probably an irrelevant downside here since Marco exists.)

Either way there's plenty of ambiguity and weirdness surrounding this. I have no real issue with a "trade" ability being completely impossible to make MT. I agree that "not compatible with Widespread" isn't good enough but the fact that it doesn't work with Widepsread is a bit of a hint as to the problems making the move GT would pose.

See Dhyer for why none of this actually matters.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 09:51:51 PM »
Persona 4 team falls to the Artea/Nina/Chemist fight. Others pass.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 10:04:53 PM »
MT Switch would be Marco gets all the turnz I guess - including himself wherever the next Marco is in the Turn Order? >_>

Unlimited Turn Works team Djinns gooo yesss~

Agreed with Snow on the whole really, with the same going for all MTs becoming STs though I can also get trying to salvage some sense of order/balance from this sort of hax =)

Here's some of the notes I pulled on ability allowance for some characters/my team this floor -

Peppita -

Floor 1: Magic Hook, Charge, short O, counters, Critical Hit

Floor 2: Frozen Daggers, Power Dance, Critical Hit MP, First Aid, Standby Healing

Fang - 
F1 (COM/SAB/SEN) Attack, Ruin, Slow, Curse, Blitz, Adrenaline, Smite, Launch, Mediguard, Evade

F2 -  Slowga, Cursaga, Dispel,

Vanille -

F1 (SAB/MED/RAV)  Deshell, Deprotect, Cure, Aero, Fire, Water

F2 - Poison, Imperil, Cura, Esuna, Overwhelm, Fira, Thunder, Aerora, Belladonna Wand (Improved Debuffing)

Mesarthim -

Life Rain, Victory Rune/Rune Magics

Priest -

Healing, revival (Cure, Raise) ????

YMMV on some of these. I kind of think personally I was a tad on the generous side back when I made the guides/lists for SO3/FF13. They were based on a ten levels per floor/Triple EXP interp and when the section of the crystarium where the abilities appear on open up for FF13 I think~
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 11:15:04 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 11:00:46 PM »

I mentioned this in chat, but Sacred Slayer Turn Shift being MT is seriously awkward. It's fine, but given the effect of the move (exchanging CT), one of two things will happen, both being kinda weird:

a) Sacred Slayer will switch CT with each ally, in turn. Let's say the order is Lenneth, Ivan, Jane, Marco (i.e. the listed order). Then, after the four switches take place... Lenneth will have 100 CT, Ivan will have Lenneth's old CT, Jane will have Ivan's old CT, Marco will have Jane's old CT, and Sacred Slayer will have Marco's old CT. You could also let Djinn "choose his party order" as it were so that, say, Marco gets the 100 CT by being first in the switch order.

b) Alternatively, you can re-interpret Turn Shift as "fill the target's CT to 100, and the amount that is filled is subtracted from the caster's CT". This would give the entire team 100 CT but send Sacred Slayer herself into the deep negatives. (Probably an irrelevant downside here since Marco exists.)

Either way there's plenty of ambiguity and weirdness surrounding this. I have no real issue with a "trade" ability being completely impossible to make MT. I agree that "not compatible with Widespread" isn't good enough but the fact that it doesn't work with Widepsread is a bit of a hint as to the problems making the move GT would pose.

That just opens a dangerous precedent for arbitrarily shrugging the MT clause from moves to me, honestly. If it works weirdly, you -deal with the weirdness- instead of saying "it doesn't work" when so many abilities with awkward targetting -and- awkward MT effects exist already -and- already have been hyped as working (and, quite frankly, both of the possibilities you dropped there feel reasonable to assume as an interp). I agree that none is as bizarre as Turn Shift, but making it exempt from a widespread mechanical change that is the very identity of the floor does -not- sit right with me.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 11:03:16 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 02:46:26 AM »
Well, the issue is just...  imagine there was a "Super Widespread" in WAXF that affected everything.  The evidence of WAXF as it stands is that this hypothetical ability still wouldn't do anything.  That said, DHE's interps also sound plausible as well so.

If Marco really does have Turn Shift on Floor 3 (which is clearly brokenly powerful but not impossibly weird), then that's likely enough for Djinn to pass anyway, since that is a more straight-forward autowin once Marco gets a turn.  I was basically assuming the worst case scenario where Djinn had a more close floor but still one likely leaning for victory anyway.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 03:38:16 AM »
I may simply dis-allow turn-granting skills to benefit from the MT in the future.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 01:10:42 PM »
That's a hugely inelegant solution that doesn't address the crux of the problem, honestly (see how people have zero issues with Trans-turn being MT'd). Maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to shuffle things around and retire the MT/ST concept, which has been around for a few years already, pulling up a different mirror gimmick for floor 3?

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 08:46:42 PM »
I was going to ask if stuffs like Haste would still work but yeah I think this might be an interesting idea ^^~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 11:47:41 PM »
Could always bring back inverse healing floor!

Voting:

Fail for P4 Team against Artea. Souji/Yu needs about 4 floors to become invincible, and this team just isn't strong enough to carry him to "Solo Everything" level. Probably should have gone with the ST Floor? Fast MT elemental damage just sucks for the P4 team. Tentarafoo/other MT statuses generally would help in-game, but Artea's a speedy bastard.

Other teams pass.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 12:55:21 AM »
Team Andy vs. Nina4, FFT Chemist and Artea- Nina 4 actually can not hit an elemental weakness here. Artea of course, can get Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko's. That said, MT P4 spells may not get the "Once Again" and just the knockdown?

P4 MT -does- get Once Mores if you don't hit weakness on a full party - even if you hit resistances or immunities. It's P3 where that's not true. So yeah. Artea completely slaughters the team in an unholy wave of terror.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 01:28:11 AM »
Yeah, disallowing turn swap is inelegant, the MT floor is super-swingy already, this isn't the worst abuse.  The problem with Turn Shift is that it's one of those abilities that doesn't make tons of sense MT'd and further has an in-game special restriction against making it target more than one.  Agree that Marco's Trans-Turn, if legal, is entirely legit (if brokenly powerful).

Hell no to bringing back the inverse healing floor, it randomly killed lots of teams for flaws like "doesn't have two characters able to fling accurate instant death" which isn't something that should really be rewarded, and was a total speedbreak nightmare - even rocket taggier than usual.  That one can stay buried forever.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 01:43:13 AM »
One thing I will point out is that the no-Widespread restriction isn't all that "special". While no physical or item-based ability can be Widespread, nor can any ability which is already anything more than singletarget, there are several other abilities besides Turn Shift which are disqualified from Widespread: Rob Turn, Replica, Provoke, Switch, Trail, Blackout, Download, and Intrude. That's discounting a few abilities which would be completely non-sensical to Widespread, such as Replace and Revive.

Like Snow I agree that no-Widespread is not a sufficient condition. I certainly would see FF7 Flare affected by the MT floor despite Contain getting an exemption from the All materia, and I would certainly see Ragnar's Provoke working just fine on the MT floor despite ignoring Widespread. If Turn Shift is not to be MT (and I'm inclined to agree that it shouldn't be), it is because of the properties unique to it.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2012, 02:23:37 AM »
I think there are always going to be skills that are difficult to interpret on the MT floor, Transform is another good example.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 10:19:32 AM »
Hell no to bringing back the inverse healing floor, it randomly killed lots of teams for flaws like "doesn't have two characters able to fling accurate instant death" which isn't something that should really be rewarded, and was a total speedbreak nightmare - even rocket taggier than usual.  That one can stay buried forever.

I was more thinking of a Double Edged/All-Divide floor as a possible idea (all damage for both sides +50%/-50%), but that's not really all that fun. Alternatively, a magical/physical split floor where a damage type is improved and the other is nerfed (not to the point of immunity in order to not make one damage type utterly inviable, though).

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 01:20:36 PM »
Team Andy vs. Billy, Bart, Rico and Elly - MT Mudoon! Pain.
Team Andy vs. Raquel (WA4), Rudy (WA1), Brad (WA2), Gallows (WA3) and RAGNAR BLITZ LEBRETT (WAXF) - Yu and Yosuke spam Tentarafoo to handle Raquel - to me, if she blocks ID, she can't block Confuse and vice-versa, so either Naoto or the boys manhandle this.
Team Andy vs. Nina4, FFT Chemist and Artea - Artea is faster than the entire party? Check. Artea has -all- the elements he needs to hit weakness on -at least- three people? Check. Andy blows up? Checkcheckcheck.

Team Piggyman vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Snowe(S4), Gorudo and Boss Catiua (TOPSP) - Earlygame Marcus! Oh whee.
Team Piggyman vs. Bronzog, Galleon, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1) - Songstress probably does things. The party kinda sucks against this fight otherwise, but oh well.
Team Piggyman vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius - On the other hand...
Team Piggyman vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5), Garland (FF1) and LORD OCHU (FFX) - LORD OCHU
Team Piggyman vs. Lich and Kraken - Um. Good thing Lich loses the tiebreak against Marcus. Doubled Silver Lance hurts like hell, but past that this party really sucks at damaging the opposition, and no paralysis resistance at all around.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 01:22:31 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 04:30:43 PM »
Oh, hey, I completely forgot about this until someone poked me and told me I had a team in the dungeon. Well, might as well have a go at it.

Alright, so let's see, my team is Songstress, Eileen (NeoSpeed) Garnet, Marcus, FFT Priest, Nall. I'm guessing I was going for Eileen -> Copper Skin on Songstress, and just doing Dances... maybe. We'll see how well that works out!

So, Songstress has Blind and Silence, along with stat up songs. I don't remember how effective FF10-2 Blind is, though. If it's as good as FF10 Blind, then that will actually be pretty handy against the second and third fights. Otherwise, I guess she can use either the Strength song, to make Marcus hurt even more, or maybe the Evasion song, to make Marcus even harder to it. Eileen might have a couple of Voices of Earth, too, so she can deal some damage where she needs. For the most part, I guess this is just "keep Marcus healthy while he wrecks the floor." I don't see too much status, but status might be a pain if it shows up, although FFT Priest can arguably have Esuna, if I go for that ASAP. Well, it's first floor, so I'll say I pass.

Don't know Djinn's and Andy's teams well enough to vote on 'em, I'm afraid.
First impression are that CT's team passes. Some of those fights look like attrition wars, but I think she's on the winning side of those battles.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 04:55:54 PM »
My main question is mostly why is Neo Speed on Eileen. Can you shuffle the Sealstone? Dancer would likely benefit from it far more than Eileen, she's already like 120% average speed as is...