Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 94  (Read 5211 times)

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 94
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2012, 08:20:02 PM »
Uhhh ... let's see. Turn order for new fight is Fang/Mesa > Crono/Ryu > Stocke > Vanille/Priest > Guv/Peppita? Fang goes MT Slows the enemy team this should be enough to change it to Mesa > Crono/Ryu > Vanille/Priest > Stocke > Peppita > Guv? Forget how good FFXIII Slow is. Crono's best damage is lightning/wind? Dunno if Peppita gets Elven Cloak yet to protect against that, dunno about element protection for Mesa/Priest~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2012, 08:32:50 PM »
Yeah, that fight's not much better. Ryu3/Crono can unload a lot of physical damage in a turn. Unless that fight changes, votes are CT fails, others pass.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2012, 08:39:28 PM »
Crono doesn't even have good physical damage (it's... okay? I mean, 3HKOs if he gives up a lot of speed. Otherwise, 4HKO lols). But even magical blitzes are problematic there, since Ryu has a fair amount of elemental resistance in addition to his already vaunted physical durability.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 08:44:27 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 08:43:39 PM »
Just checked and apparently FFXIII Slow is a 50% decrease in speed.
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 08:47:36 PM »
IIRC, Elfboy noted it's a bit below that in practice. The target goes to 58% of his original speed roughly, but I may be remembering incorrectly. Slow isn't a solution there -anyway-, since it keeps Fang from using her full offense unless I'm terribly mistaken and Ryu and Stocke both are very close to getting a turn when it pops up, while Crono himself already got a turn to put up offense. It's delaying the inevitable. Not to mention Crono is -immune- to it and Ryu can resist it too...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 08:51:28 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2012, 08:59:16 PM »
Ryu3 has Bonebreak, which is borderline OHKO damage running off -that- physical durability and above average speed. That's kinda bad. It's OPB, but still, he and Stocke are practically tied together in speed and both are difficult to kill (Ryu3 resists status and can immune ID).

I thought Bonebreak was Kaiser. Rats. Okay, once more, with feeling.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2012, 08:59:50 PM »
^^ Ouch. Thanks again for the inputs Snow.

Doesn't Priest Protect/Protect 2 help any here ... no, wait Bonebreak is ITD isn't it? >_>

Apparently it's possible to make the Elven Cloak mid disc one with Adray/Cliff/Lias so I think Peppita gets it but yeah don't think it helps much.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2012, 09:02:07 PM »
It's on both Kaiser and base Ryu, Neph. <_________<

Also, Bonebreak isn't ITD. Just so much damage it's really good at overcoming defenses. And Protect is slower than Ryu3. Doesn't help. Mesarthim with SoulRune might be useful, but really not enough. Let's see how the next change goes anyway before assessments.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 09:04:30 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2012, 11:56:30 PM »
IIRC, Elfboy noted it's a bit below that in practice. The target goes to 58% of his original speed roughly, but I may be remembering incorrectly.

It's 50% ATB speed, so yeah, not as good as advertized.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2012, 12:50:59 AM »
for Djinn's team: what stops Auron from Zombie striking Lenneth or Ivan and making them incapable of surviving?

If he gets Issac and Yuna gets a single turn she full-Lifes and then the team has to do without Issac which it probably can not handle. Could Ivan just status out Yuna there or is she faster? Follow me might help here?

Well, if Auron Zombie-Strikes Ivan, then Lenneth just Normalizes him back if necessary. Though honestly, Ivan's main job here is a Speed Buff, which just gets Jane/Marco/SS more turns to give to Lenneth so she can pile on the damage. If he Zombifies Lenneth, the plan doesn't change much since I don't think Zombie status in FFX prevents her from dealing damage?

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2012, 01:06:49 AM »
Normalize doesn't heal the closest analog to Zombie in-game (Curse), though, and FFX Esuna can't heal Zombie either. So, that strategy gets sketchy. If I recall correctly, you -can- revive through Zombie, but that hinges entirely on battle flow. And no, Zombie doesn't prevent people from dealing damage, but being vulnerable to Life/Cure spells is a bitch.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2012, 04:51:38 AM »
It would be if Yuna ever got a turn. I'm pretty sure Jane is faster than Yuna here, and if Auron wastes his initiative turn on Zombie, then there's nothing to stop a Follow Me Turnswap chain of Might Reinforced Lenneth Soul Crushes on Yuna, with Ivan's magic damage as backup.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2012, 06:05:57 AM »
Follow Me is Floor 5 I thought it was established?  And anyway Follow Me has initiative, so Jane's speed relative to Yuna is irrelevant.

Think I'll vote fail for Team Djinn, though this is admittedly kneejerky.  The offense just isn't there for breaking past Yuna / Auron after initiative Power Break (don't see Normalize as getting that), and Zombie turns off Lenneth pretty fast.  Ivan needs to status Yuna but that isn't being hyped in the topic so I'll assume it's not a concern, but that seems Djinn's best argument.  Same for Alexia / Adachi / Alma - Ivan needs to land some nasty status, and even then if Alexia waits on Royal Cheer to use the status-immunity ability first, they still might have the fight.

Team CT | Peppita, Fang(Neo Speed), Vanille, Mesarthim, Priest
[Floor 3b: Multiply]
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team CT vs. Billy, Bart, Rico and Elly
Arguably Bart beats out Peppita and Wild Smiles the team to turn her off, but meh, inclined to let Peppita be a tad fast (and Adray / Sophia a tad slow), and Fang + Vanille + Peppita + Mesarthim should surely be enough to blitz the team down before they go.

Team CT vs. Raquel (WA4), Rudy (WA1), Brad (WA2), Gallows (WA3) and RAGNAR BLITZ LEBRETT (WAXF)
Um.  This is kind of dangerous.  Don't screw with Raquel after Ragnar uses Power Attack to give Raquel overkill.  Fang does ~.60 physical PCHP damage, which is apparently about 30% of Raquel's HP.  Mesarthim does ~.25 PCHP magical damage for another 30%, Raquel at 40% HP left.  Priest could use Holy... but Priest might want to save that Holy for later, and Priest could get the stuffing knocked out of them by the Power Attack'd other scrubs while charging.  Both Vanille & Peppita are multihit and arguably can't evade Red Zone anyway, but even if Vanille lands Deprotect first, not sure Peppita's damage is good enough against Raquel's excellent physical defense to kill her...  if we're letting Saboteur Vanille land Imperil, then Peppita needs average damage (=.40 PCHP) to do the remaining 40% of Raq's HP, and Peppita strikes me as more about status in the Dungeon than damage.  Um.  Is there some plan for this?  (Fang & Vanille don't have their disabling statuses yet I believe...)  They can't simply wait for Fang's 2nd turn, Raquel will get a turn naturally and kill them all.  Fang (but not Vanille) has Dispel to get rid of Power Attack, but if Fang isn't beating down, the other losers might be alive, which would be even worse, and Fang is faster than Ragnar anyway.  Raquel also blocks Peppita's ID.  Maybe Chaos hype?!  Dunno.

Team CT vs. Nina4, FFT Chemist and Artea
This on the other hand is not.  Vanille's debuffs ruin their stall game.

Team CT vs. Spherimorph, Dalton, Galura (FF5) and Augst
lol Vanille healing.

Team CT vs. Stocke, Fuse, Guv (No Call Team) and Crono
Erm..  THat's a lot of status immunity & status / full-healing on this team.  Not amazing offense, but maybe better after Awakening...  hmm, seems a bit of a mess.  That said Stocke & Crono don't get ID so Peppita's Frozen Daggers likely solves this fight.  Guv is revive-locked bringing everyone back which should give the rest of CT's team time to clean house.

Anyway, the Wild Arms fight is problematic enough that I'll have a provisional fail, but totally possible I missed something here too.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2012, 08:36:32 AM »
Follow Me is Floor 5 I thought it was established?  And anyway Follow Me has initiative, so Jane's speed relative to Yuna is irrelevant.

Think I'll vote fail for Team Djinn, though this is admittedly kneejerky.  The offense just isn't there for breaking past Yuna / Auron after initiative Power Break (don't see Normalize as getting that), and Zombie turns off Lenneth pretty fast.  Ivan needs to status Yuna but that isn't being hyped in the topic so I'll assume it's not a concern, but that seems Djinn's best argument.  Same for Alexia / Adachi / Alma - Ivan needs to land some nasty status, and even then if Alexia waits on Royal Cheer to use the status-immunity ability first, they still might have the fight.

Ivan has natural gamebest speed throughout his entire game, and has 90% Sleep and 80% Silence (both GT, but assuming you disrespect that, ST is enough to make it so Auron and Yuna have to block both). If they do block it, then Ivan doesn't waste his first turn on Status and instead uses Zephyr's amazing MT Speed Buff which should easily outpace the slugs on this floor. Assuming you're not allowing Follow Me, Jane has Sucker from the get-go to keep any ST attacks away from my useful members. Power Break is offset by either Lenneth's own Might Reinforce (remember that she can cast that AND attack in the same turn, and on this floor, MR is even more broken) or Ivan's buffs (Wind Seer is a great class). I'm not sure where you get the idea that I don't have enough offense though? Lenneth has gamebest damage in VP2 and can Soul Crush every turn that she doesn't cast a spell, something that only Alicia can do besides her. Add in the fact that Lenneth gets three turns a round thanks to Marco and SS, and that's pretty amazing offense, particularly since she only has to buff -once-.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2012, 08:51:36 AM »
Team CT | Peppita, Fang(Neo Speed), Vanille, Mesarthim, Priest
[Floor 3b: Multiply]
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team CT vs. Billy, Bart, Rico and Elly
Arguably Bart beats out Peppita and Wild Smiles the team to turn her off, but meh, inclined to let Peppita be a tad fast (and Adray / Sophia a tad slow), and Fang + Vanille + Peppita + Mesarthim should surely be enough to blitz the team down before they go.

Team CT vs. Raquel (WA4), Rudy (WA1), Brad (WA2), Gallows (WA3) and RAGNAR BLITZ LEBRETT (WAXF)
Um.  This is kind of dangerous.  Don't screw with Raquel after Ragnar uses Power Attack to give Raquel overkill.  Fang does ~.60 physical PCHP damage, which is apparently about 30% of Raquel's HP.  Mesarthim does ~.25 PCHP magical damage for another 30%, Raquel at 40% HP left.  Priest could use Holy... but Priest might want to save that Holy for later, and Priest could get the stuffing knocked out of them by the Power Attack'd other scrubs while charging.  Both Vanille & Peppita are multihit and arguably can't evade Red Zone anyway, but even if Vanille lands Deprotect first, not sure Peppita's damage is good enough against Raquel's excellent physical defense to kill her...  if we're letting Saboteur Vanille land Imperil, then Peppita needs average damage (=.40 PCHP) to do the remaining 40% of Raq's HP, and Peppita strikes me as more about status in the Dungeon than damage.  Um.  Is there some plan for this?  (Fang & Vanille don't have their disabling statuses yet I believe...)  They can't simply wait for Fang's 2nd turn, Raquel will get a turn naturally and kill them all.  Fang (but not Vanille) has Dispel to get rid of Power Attack, but if Fang isn't beating down, the other losers might be alive, which would be even worse, and Fang is faster than Ragnar anyway.  Raquel also blocks Peppita's ID.  Maybe Chaos hype?!  Dunno.

Team CT vs. Stocke, Fuse, Guv (No Call Team) and Crono
Erm..  THat's a lot of status immunity & status / full-healing on this team.  Not amazing offense, but maybe better after Awakening...  hmm, seems a bit of a mess.  That said Stocke & Crono don't get ID so Peppita's Frozen Daggers likely solves this fight.  Guv is revive-locked bringing everyone back which should give the rest of CT's team time to clean house.

On the minus side, Raquel also is evading part of Fang and Peppita's damage. Peppita is probably hoping for status to land on Raquel rather than kill her (Note that getting both Chaos and Freeze might be hard due to SO 3 limiting skills in a few ways. Unsure there though). Not enough for turn 1 generally though, especially with Raquel's evade.

That said, for the last fight, Freeze is still a status, so Stocke and Crono should have no any issues getting it.
...into the nightfall.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2012, 11:22:32 AM »
Thanks again for the inputs peeps! Snow, SnowFire and Dhyer!  :)

Well to answer a few questions/queries -

#1 - The combos Peppita can set are Power Dance (6 CP) + Magic Hook (2 CP) + Frozen Daggers (3 CP) + Frozen Daggers (3 CP) (14/15 CPs total), Panic Dance (6CP) + Magic Hook (2 CP) + Frozen Daggers (3 CP) + Frozen Daggers (3 CP), Panic/Power Dance (6 CP) + Magic Hook (2 CP) + Magic Hook (2 CP) + Magic Hook (2 CP) (12/15 CPs), Panic/Power Dance + Frozen Daggers (3 CP) + Frozen Daggers (3 CP) + Frozen Daggers (3 CP) (15/15 CPs), Power/Panic Dance (6 CP) + Magic Hook (range shift) (2 CP) + Power/Panic Dance (6 CP) -or- she can just stick to pure Panic Dance > Panic Dance or Power Dance chains (though dunno why she would want to stick to pure Power Dance chains) or Power Dance > Magic Hook > Power Dance here though I guess she could set Panic Dance > Magic Hook/Frozen Daggers for a combo and leave Power Dance unchained)  Also she can mix these combos up a bit, setting the cheaper CP/Fury cost moves as the starter though in general her dances are cheaper than anything else for cost whether on minor or major~

Also not sure if she absolutely has to chain Panic Dance into itself/something else because that thing is evil/extremely accurate vs chaos baits/pretty much unblockable vs those with low/no status res and still 100%~ unblockable vs AVG status res at L10 (not saying it's L10 yet though!~)

Raquel can't evade Panic Dance either I don't think. Dances are non typed special moves (definitely not physicals, I suppose you could classify them as magic at a stretch but boosting Peppita's INT doesn't effect them so)

2# Mesa only has 30% PCHPD? =/ Somebody clarified it then? Oof that's worse than I thought~

3# Yeah we were talking about this in chat. Mesa gets Mystic Magic so chances are Guv and Fuse are total status baits to Mesa Charm/Peppita Chaos. That said dunno if any of the other Mystic Magic helps at all here. Glass Shield is confusing me and Phanstasm Beast is random status so I might get a bad one~

4# Can't Priest just go for Reraise instead of Holy if getting Holy is a bad idea? Unless the CT for Reraise is even worse than for Holy or something >_>

5# Yeah asking Peppita to do .40%/more PCHP through Raquel evade is probably a bit much but I think this is more due to Raquel evade than Peppita's offence/damage sucking. She's not a SO3 mage/Albel/Mirage >_>, and is actually a real powerhouse with stuffs like Power Dance > Faerie Friend chains, Short O w/th Increase HP damage/Stun spam, etc (one of the big guns/main powerhouses with the likes of Nel and Maria) and even without Faerie Friend on the file where I first took Peppita, my first SO3 Universe run she was outpacing even my L60+ Albel/Cliff for blow by blow damage while a much lower level than them thanks to Power Dance and  her Short O/etc modifiers (they were L60+ because I'd been trying to do the optional Underground Mosel Ruins on disc one and reaping the EXPs from the enemies there >_>) Also Power Dance and Deprotect/Imperil are really good so yeah probably the evade.

Edit - SO3 status rates!

Status Infliction Rates
These assume full spamming of a status attack, if possible, via full Fury gauge.  These assume no Berserk at the moment...I'll add that in later, just like I intend to add Berserk non MoT/Sphere 211 skill damage averages later.  Assuming these skills are at level 0.  Fuck you, Super >_> 

Fayt
Paralysis (Dimension Door 99 Fury): 99%

Sophia
Freeze (Ice Needles 99 Fury): 79%

Peppita
Confusion (Magical Hook 99 Fury): 74%
Freeze (Frozen Daggers 99 Fury): 72%
Instant Death (Kaboom 99 Fury): 79%

Nel
Freeze (Ice Daggers 99 Fury...which is once): 58%
Poison (Poison Cloud 99 Fury): 99% (theoretically 100%)

Adray
Confusion+Paralysis+Petrification (Titan Fist 99 Fury): 88% confusion, 27% paralysis, 14% petrification
Freeze (Ice Needles 99 Fury): 79%

Roger
Confusion (Whirling Heat 99 Fury): 51%

Maria
Confusion (Aiming Device 99 Fury): 84%
Paralysis (Magnetic Field 99 Fury): 86%
Paralysis (Energy Burst 99 Fury): 99% (theoretically 100%)

Albel
Confusion (Aura Wall 99 Fury): 94%

Panic Dance is 50% per tick at skill L1 vs (increasing by 5% per level to a max of 100% at L10) AVG (unchained), 84% per tick vs no/low status abnormality resist (i.e SO3 lesser devils 16 SAR) (unchained), like Healing/Magical Dance it is a multi hit tick/effect/chance skill)

(credits/thanks again to OK and MGSB for the status research/info~)

Edit 2 - Ahhh right I did post the Mastery/Proficiency Levels for Peppita's dances before -

Peppita -

Power/Healing/Panic/Magical Dance L5 - 184
Power/Healing/Panic/Magical Dance L10 - 880
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 03:43:20 PM by Clear Tranquil »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2012, 03:53:00 PM »
Djinn, the problem is that
A) *Debuffs* are uber on this floor too, so Power Break'd Lenneth is nastier than usual
B) Auron has initiative, so Sucker can't save Lenneth.
C) If Lenneth tries to kill Yuna, she's not getting enough energy to Soul Crush thanks to Yuna's evasion. 

Sucker *is* cool in that it forces Yuna / Auron to kill Jane first, and Auron fails forever against Jane, and Holy barely misses the Jane OHKO (Holy is ~..83 PCHP, Jane is ~.85 PCHP).  Also, checking the stat topic, apparently Yuna tops out at Silence*ward*, so eventually Ivan lands Silence after Jane buys some time, and assuming that GS Silence doesn't have a fail duration, that is probably that. 

(Just...  yeah, Djinn, your ability to pressure Yuna when she naturally has great evade (which spoils Lenneth some already) and she opens with Dungeon-buffed Shell / Protect is just awful; even if Sacred Slayer is dumping MP, Ivan is the only one able to get anything approaching damage in post-Power Break, so Yuna can lol 1 MP heal forever while your team burned resources; I don't think Might Reinforce is good enough to swing this back against a superbuffed evade tank.)

Anyway, I'll switch to abstain on Djinn's team pending a review of the final Adachi fight.

--
Re Team CT: Did WA4 have a confusion status?  Can Raquel block it?  74% isn't a bad hit rate even if it rams into Raquel's block rate, might be enough to sway to a coinflip rather than a fail.  Reraise isn't a bad idea either if the casting time isn't too horrible.  I might have to run the numbers; my assumption for why Holy is a bad idea was that there would still be some WA scrubs alive that could kill Priest before it finished charging, but obviously Holy'ing Raquel is probably the best assumption, since Priest can be uselessly MP drained in the other fights and Team CT will be fine.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2012, 04:21:50 PM »
Yeah ... thanks SnowFire :) Also worth pointing out that both WA4 and SO3 use HIT as their accuracy stats I guess and Peppita has above average HIT (tied with Albel) after Nel who has the highest. For Frozen Daggers though dunno if it'd help~

Also can Ragnar immune status? I'm wondering if Fang might be able to delay turn order enough with MT Slow here while Priest sets up Reraise/Peppita does her thing and/or buffs Fang for the next round (assuming Reraise saves the day if required)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 04:53:19 PM by Clear Tranquil »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2012, 05:08:47 PM »
Ragnar status immunity is pretty much zero. Problem is Ragnar is faster than Fang -to begin with-. Also, it's kinda hard to respect SO3 HIT for accuracy when so little of actual in-game accuracy depends on enemy blocking. AND WA4 has confuse and a blocker for it.

Also, to Snowfire: Follow Me is floor 4 pretty much period (it was even the fundamental point of contention way back when Jane was new. She gets it on the first Alhazad fight, which comes before Mother 1, and it's pretty much within the midgame stretch lock-on). Looking at the Yuna/Auron fight, the whole thing seems pretty simple: Marco and Sacred Slayer Trans-Turning/Turn Shifting Ivan/Lenneth until Sleep or Silence connects seems like a good way to handle Yuna. Even with Sleepward, odds look pretty good there. EDIT: wow he has both Silence and Sleep, Yuna can't resist both at once. Yeah, that just trivializes the fight more or less unless Silence wears out in less than three turns.

Also, for the Adachi fight, Follow Me! Jane is faster than Royal Cheer'd peoples/MBarrier and Djinn -should- have something resembling magical damage, which makes Adachi fucking -suck- (seriously people. He has -half- Kunino-Sagiri's HP, who is fought a dungeon earlier, and has to face one of the biggest damage jumps in the game: his dungeon is where you get all the elemental amps for the rest of the party, Auto-Mataru becomes viable, you get Primal Force for Kanji, God's Hand and Power Charge for Chie and it's even when Yu gets fucking Yoshitsune. Even without Hassou Tobi, Yoshitsune can easily deal four-digit damage with a good physical tech and proper buffs). The end. Even with MBarrier, I don't think Alma can solo the fight, especially with FFT charge times, since Alexia is getting handled in a hurry herself.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 07:07:29 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2012, 06:51:05 PM »
* Clear Tranquil nods @ Snow

Yeah I know but I figured it was fairer than Kaboom ignores enemy evade/parry/AGL in game hype!~

Ragnar is faster than Fang, does this factor in Neo Speed/(Neo Speed Fang)? Mmmm what about Mesa Charm hype? It's better on earlier floors right?~

Also I think Mesa is still supposed to be notably above average speed here so it'd really help if she could do something (Victory Rune the team, Vitality Rune on Priest I dunno~)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 06:55:47 PM by Clear Tranquil »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2012, 06:54:45 PM »
Yes, I'm factoring in Neo Speed. And ignoring parry in SO3, I'm so awed when I haven't seen a single attack parried in SO3.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2012, 07:00:32 PM »
Fair enough~ Well really it's only noticable on higher difficulty modes or when you're fighting a higher level enemy with an underlevelled team. Thinking on it though the thing is the team is underlevelled compared to the enemies here >_>

Edit - Mmmm *thinks*  Mesa Charm/Vitality Rune, Ragnar buffs, Fang Dispels, Priest charges ???s, Vanille ???s ... turn order after this is probably Rudy/Peppita > Gallows > Brad? Rudy's average to below average speed if I remember right /Gallows is below average and Brad is apparently distinctly below. Hmmm. I guess Mesa doesn't really need to Vitality Rune to keep Priest's HP topped up either way but I dunno.

Edit - Any handle on Vanille's DM output SnowFire? I'm wondering if a magic blitz is at all viable (Mesa/Vanille/Priest) Thanks. I mean it's probably pretty bad since RAV is for chaining compared to Commando's offence/DM but if Priest can get the Holy off ... Priest does have slower spells than Holy/Reraise so I'm thinking she could probably get that of before Brad at least? Rudy/Gallows/Brad are also status baits as far as I know so if you see Peppita getting a turn with Panic Dance (which is better than Magic Hook's 74% Confusion rate because it has more hits/ticks and a higher base rate of success per tick) especially with some proficiency levels that works I think =)

I've probably posted these videos/visual aids for Peppita's statuses/Panic Dance before, gives a taste of just how crazy Panic Dance can get -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFYNbCAdI24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=-PjQoJqTNdY&feature=endscreen
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 12:46:17 PM by Clear Tranquil »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2012, 10:18:26 AM »
I'll have to note WA1 Rudy offense+Brad offense alone is going to KO your whole party pretty easily (and it's quite possible Ragnar is better off adding damage rather than buffing). If you take it as ACF Rudy, it's even worse, ACF Rudy alone borderline OHKOs average durability and that's if you take averages at a higher level where Jack gets a second shot of his best damage (otherwise, he plain OHKOs). No amount of buffing on your end will save your ass from 1.5x PC HP overkill from -only two PCs- (Gallows can pump that up to 2x PC HP with a Schturdark summon and Raquel... well, Raquels). That fight is pretty much a test of a team's ability to either mageblitz or status whore its way out of it. You just get a lot of leeway to do it as long as your chipping doesn't utterly fail because the only person whose speed doesn't suck in that lineup is Ragnar (Gallows is below 90% average speed, I think, and Rudy/Brad/Raquel are -slugs-). On the other hand, Holy could well be slower than -Raquel- because 6-7 CT is pretty nasty charging time. Although, quite frankly? If you fail to 3HKO/status out 80% of this lineup with your team's level of magical offense and ailment infliction potential, I honestly pity you. >_>

DECLARE EDITCARD #59684076: Okay, so Holy is actually faster than ACF Rudy and Brad. But it's slower than Gallows and you will not survive Gallows turn+Raquel thwack even sans Hyper (with Hyper, Raquel just overkills your ass). You may well forfeit Dispel there, you pretty much want to chip in a way that avoids Raquel's Red Zone range and still manages to wipe out the entire party. Problem is, that way, Ragnar+Gallows could conceivably off Priest. If you blitz, it's quite likely you want Mes+Fang going on offense, Vanille healing if Ragnar attacks and hoping Holy fixes things. Of course, harsher SDs on Gallows, Rudy and Brad mean they're faster than Holy anyway, and then it's status or bust.

EDIT: I also have to point out FFT Reraise is utterly useless for you this floor: there isn't much spread in durability for your folks and FFT Reraise doesn't kick in immediately, so if your party gets wiped together even under the status, it's game over for you.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 01:00:23 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2012, 03:43:48 PM »
I would think Mesarthim's best move there is either Fascination (which will assuredly hit some of the WA folks...) or buy an attack with Glass Shield.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2012, 03:51:36 PM »
To be honest both incarnations of floor 3 have gotten stupidly difficult with some of the changes that have been made. I can understand the need to change things up every so often, but the difficult balance we had earlier was pretty swell and there's been some pretty quick upward power creeping since then.