Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 94  (Read 5217 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 94
« on: November 12, 2012, 10:57:25 PM »

"How dreadful! So quickly our life passes before our eyes. Ah well, you'll manage to persevere."

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------
**Full Heals reset limit and other types of gauges when teams pass through them.

Team Djinn | Lenneth, Ivan, Jane, Sacred Slayer, Marco (Life)
[Ivan: Granite, Gust, Zephyr, Breeze, Smog | Wind Seer] Ivan's Djinni
[Floor 4: Buff Enough]
*On this floor, all buffs & debuffs have their effects increased by 50%. Status is not included.
Team Djinn vs. Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise
Team Djinn vs. Demi and Raja
Team Djinn vs. Yuna and Auron
*Full Heal
Team Djinn vs. Arnaud, Yulie and Kresnik
Team Djinn vs. Adachi, Alexia (XF) and Alma

Team CT | Peppita, Fang(Neo Speed), Vanille, Mesarthim, Priest
[Floor 3b: Multiply]
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team CT vs. Billy, Bart, Rico and Elly
Team CT vs. Raquel (WA4), Rudy (WA1), Brad (WA2), Gallows (WA3) and RAGNAR BLITZ LEBRETT (WAXF)
Team CT vs. Nina4, FFT Chemist and Artea
Team CT vs. Spherimorph, Dalton, Galura (FF5) and Augst
Team CT vs. Stocke, Fuse, Guv (No Call Team) and Crono

Team Piggyman | Songstress (NeoSpeed), Eileen, Garnet, Marcus, FFT Priest, Nall
[Floor 2b: Magical Mystery]
Team Piggyman vs. FFT Wizard, FF1 Black Wizard, FF5 Black Mage and Vivi
Team Piggyman vs. Nina1, Nina2 and Nina3
Team Piggyman vs. Lemina, Mia, Ronfar, Jessica and Luna
Team Piggyman vs. Sarah (S3), Cleo and Bernadette
Team Piggyman vs. Lyon and Nergal

Team MICHAEL | T260G, Mesarthim, Yulie (Body Charge), Raynie, Marco
[T260G: Type-1 Body]
[Floor 1: Starting off Again (Beginning of the game)]
Team MICHAEL vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Snowe(S4), Gorudo and Boss Catiua (TOPSP)
Team MICHAEL vs. Bronzog, Galleon, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1)
Team MICHAEL vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius
Team MICHAEL vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5), Garland (FF1) and LORD OCHU (FFX)
Team MICHAEL vs. Lich and Kraken

Life - One character's healing effects now also allows for revival, however the healing also only revives characters with 1 HP. The healing received from spells that hit more than one target may be used as revival once per battle.

Neo Speed - The effective speed of one character is increased by 10% and increases 20% each time that character takes a turn, this effect caps at 2x base speed. The speed of this character cannot be increased in any way, nor can this character grant or be granted turns via any manner. If the character dies the speed is removed and cannot be regained.

Body Charge - Increases damage and effective speed of a character by 1.3x and decreases damage to them to .7x.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 09:02:04 PM by Nephrite »

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 94
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 02:53:52 AM »
Ivan matters too much here for me to judge.

*On this floor, all buffs & debuffs have their effects increased by 100%. Status is not included.
Team Djinn vs. Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise: These three can stack effects to take down Lenneth but she's just revived and in the meantime they fall one by one.
Team Djinn vs. Demi and Raja: Raja isn't hard to stop here. Demi can be killed with physicals afterwards.
Team Djinn vs. Yuna and Auron: Auron rapes Lenneth's damage before anything else happens. Not sure what else to say about this fight other than that Yuna may Shell-> Protect and become nigh invulnerable or something.
*Full Heal
Team Djinn vs. Arnaud, Yulie and Kresnik: Ivan has to stop Arnaud from Slow Down'ing Lenneth or else Yulie sees a turn to Quicken herself. Kresnik's already good buff sees use too... this is really really hard for this team since Lenneth can't do anything to Arnaud even with turns. Not sure.
Team Djinn vs. Adachi, Alexia (XF) and Alma: Alexia initiative Royal Cheers Adachi and Alma. They get turns because 150% speed and Heat Riser sees play, as well as probably Mbarrier on Adachi. That's really hard to deal with. Don't know what the team's options are other than for Lenneth to try and buff up past it. This really sucks.

This floor may be a tad bit unbalanced.

**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team CT vs. Billy, Bart, Rico and Elly: Messa immunes sleep for the group. Fang put son some hurting, Bart Wild Smiles or does the Half-Magic damage thing, and then Vanille and Peppita do more damage... but I don't know if it is enough to finish off Billy given the Wild Smile/Magic halving that went off.
Team CT vs. Raquel (WA4), Rudy (WA1), Brad (WA2), Gallows (WA3) and RAGNAR BLITZ LEBRETT (WAXF): Fang does damage, Mesa does damage... that shouldn't put Raquel in Red Zone yet I don't think? Ragnar hurts the team but Peppita and Vanille probably Finish it off after that. The danger is Raquel's Red Zone, but I think that can be gotten around.
Team CT vs. Nina4, FFT Chemist and Artea: Artea puts the hurting on the team, Fang does good damage, might even beat X-Potion here. Mesa heals everyone and Priest drops a Holy for the next round which combined with Fang's next attack should prove fatal. Nina probably doesn't matter too much since she can't help Arty finish anyone off. Chemist is all about healing, but the second round should prove more fatal than the first.
Team CT vs. Spherimorph, Dalton, Galura (FF5) and Augst: Priest can set up for durability buffing beforehand to mitigate the counters. That's a lot of counters once Galura gets started too though.
Team CT vs. Stocke, Eruca, Rosch and Marco: Mesa and Fang may not kill off Marco. Stocke has Revive too. This could get ugly.

Don't think team CT can do this, but awaiting arguments.

Team Piggyman vs. FFT Wizard, FF1 Black Wizard, FF5 Black Mage and Vivi: Sleep or Silence outspeeds everyone here.
Team Piggyman vs. Nina1, Nina2 and Nina3: Silence? Sleep?
Team Piggyman vs. Lemina, Mia, Ronfar, Jessica and Luna: SLeep works. Turnaround for Luna here. This is silly.
Team Piggyman vs. Sarah (S3), Cleo and Bernadette: I think Bernadette and Sarah avoid the status. Cleo doesn't and I don't think Sarah and Bernadette can stop this team that easily by themselves. Sarah goes down and then Bernadette soon after. Also eventually the status may get Bernadette.
Team Piggyman vs. Lyon and Nergal: I don't think these two are subject to Silence. Hm... Not sure. Probably can do it though.

I don't know T260G well enough for this team. BC Yulie and Maro and Mesa on floor 1, though. I imagine Passing isn't a problem.
Team MICHAEL vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Snowe(S4), Gorudo and Boss Catiua (TOPSP)
Team MICHAEL vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5), Garland (FF1) and LORD OCHU (FFX)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 03:18:43 AM by Pyro »

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 03:05:05 AM »
Scratch Byblos, replaced with Galura.

Also changed the Buff floor to be a 50% increase/decrease in effectiveness, so Protect would be a 50% (+25%) = 75% decrease in physical damage.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 03:20:17 AM by Nephrite »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 03:26:38 AM »
Lets look at the new blood!

*On this floor, all buffs & debuffs have their effects increased by 100%. Status is not included.
Team Djinn vs. Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise- A few decent buffs and debuffs here, but no Magic busting, so Ivan should be effective enough (especially against Venusaur's 2x weakness). This fight has an issue in that buffing or debuffing=enemies are not attacking first turn. This one is...okay at least.
Team Djinn vs. Demi and Raja- Oh wow, this fight is really horrible. Floor 4 fights should not be "Can you kill Raja before his first turn."
Team Djinn vs. Yuna and Auron- At least this is better. Does Normalize hit stat downs? If so, this will be quick (and somewhat of a flaw with the the first few fights). This fight can get rather nasty with Yuna spamming full life for 1 MP (Although I guess Jane has that small chance of ID that makes this fight not a problem here, but for future people, this fight could be a nasty wall).
*Full Heal
Team Djinn vs. Arnaud, Yulie and Kresnik- Slow Down=Get no turns, and Quicken is nasty. Ivan...may go first and status Arnaud out (Turn 1 at endgame, Sleep or Silence both work. Assuming he has both them). Then Lenneth would go and kill Yulie.
Team Djinn vs. Adachi, Alexia (XF) and Alma- Okay, so Alexia buffs everyone for 38% speed boost, but the team doesn't capitalize well. All about hoping to stack buffs up with Alma, but between Ivan, Lenneth, and two people given them extra turns, the enemies don't have a lot of fire power here I think. The initiative Alexia idea is cute though.
...into the nightfall.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 11:16:44 AM »
Thanks for the input Pyro :)

*Team CT vs. Stocke, Eruca, Rosch and Marco~

When did this happen? ~ >_> For some reason I thought I'd be knocking the Shadow Yukikos down with the ice/water magics/elementals from Mesa, Vanille and Peppita <_< Oh well my fault for not paying attention I guess~

Well assuming I get here ... I sure hope someone on my team is faster than Eruca otherwise she gets the invincibility/turn shift/nuking of terror hax game going >_>

Brief run down on abilities -

Fang -

F1 - Attack, Ruin, Slow, Curse, Blitz, Adrenaline, Smite, Launch, Mediguard, Evade
F2 -  Slowga, Cursaga, Dispel,
F3 - Steelguard, Lifesiphon, Ravage, Scourge

Peppita -

Floor 1: Magic Hook (added MP damage, chaos), Charge, short O, counters (added MP damage, chaos) , Critical Hit
Floor 2: Frozen Daggers (ice/water element, freeze/shatter kill ID), Power Dance, Critical Hit MP, First Aid, Standby Healing
Floor 3: Instanto Blast(added MP damage, crappy ID), Panic Dance (chaos, targets can't act/focus though if ARPG type characters  are in the middle of a move as the status hits they are able to finish that move but can't act after that while inflicted with the status, HP/MP drain, SO3 chaos is death if HP/MP hits zero under the status), *Kaboom (ID)

Vanille -

F1 - Deshell, Deprotect, Cure, Aero, Fire, Water
F2 - Poison, Imperil, Cura, Esuna, Overwhelm, Fira, Thunder, Aerora, Belladonna Wand (Improved Debuffing)
F3 - Dispel, *Raise, Blizzard, Blizzara, Watera, *Healing Staff (Improved Healings)

Mesarthim -

Life Rain, Maelstorm, Victory Rune, Freedom Rune, *Vitality Rune, *Dwarf Rune?

Priest -

Cure, Raise,  Cure 2,  Shell, Protect,  Esuna, ~Cure 3, ~Cure 4 ~Protect 2,  ~Wall ~Shell 2 ~Holy, ~Reraise, Raise 2~

*YMMV/based on ten levels per floor/Triple EXP interp/generous chapter/crystarium stage allowance/not sure about these

~ One only (I guess she could maybe go for something like Cure 3 (400 JP) and Wall (380 JP) though?)

Oh and I just noticed Neph added a new rule about Scaling/Temp Scaling too~ That's cool! For my team Peppita joins as a temp first anyway so it'll be like she never left ;D

Ok ... for the last fight I'm up against -

*Speed (Eruca, Stocke)
*Invincibility hax (Eruca)
*Turn Shift/get all the turns hax (Eruca, Marco)
*Three healers (Eruca, Stocke, Marco)
*Two revivers (Stocke, Marco)
*Evil nukage (Eruca)
*Full status immunity (stacked Sky Drops, don't allow universal full status immunity in general myself and I wouldn't allow it to get freeze/shatter kills or ID type moves in general but, know some peeps allow the full status immunity for RH peeps~)

Does Priest really need Holy for the earlier fights? Maybe she should save it or go for something else, I dunno~

The Good -

*Speed (Fang, Mesa, Priest? Can Priest twink for speed at all here?)
*Power Dance's buffing is increased by chaining and builds early skill/proficiency levels up quick so I'd say it's probably at least a  MT 2.00/200%/double ATK buff by now with Peppita chaining it into Frozen Daggers or w/e, whichs means Fang, Mesa, Peppita (and PRIEST STAFF THWACKS! ) physicals/physicals skills have double the power.
*Priest and Vanille might also be faster than Marco. Not sure about Peppita though. Depends on SO3 speed interps (I take SO3 as average with skill speed tie breaks but)  Don't have much Marco speed respect either but yeah.
*Fang, Vanille and Peppita have infinite resources (Peppita as long as she HP off Vanille infinite healing)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 06:18:21 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 11:32:07 AM »
Shadow Yukiko isn't even weak to Ice. If she were, the fight would be complete lols. P4 story bosses never have weaknesses ever because of how fundamentally broken the One More! weakness system is.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 11:52:09 AM »
Team Piggyman vs. FFT Wizard, FF1 Black Wizard, FF5 Black Mage and Vivi: Hahahaha oh man speed-buffed Songstress after getting the status shit against the early floors. Marcus frags FFT Wizard and Songstress makes sure everybody else fails.
Team Piggyman vs. Nina1, Nina2 and Nina3: Nina1 -has- to open with Wall on someone if she even wants anyone here to see a turn besides Nina3. This, of course, is meaningless, since Marcus one-rounds Nina2 -anyway- and the other kids can manhandle Nina1 easy.
Team Piggyman vs. Lemina, Mia, Ronfar, Jessica and Luna: Pyro is right, this is silly as fuck. Mia even gets a turn but ohnoes MT 4HKO against Garnet of the MT healing that doesn't utterly suck available from the beginning of the game.
Team Piggyman vs. Sarah (S3), Cleo and Bernadette: Cleo getting statused here is the key. Not sure how I feel about Sarah and Bern avoiding the status forever, since I don't allow Yellow Scarf to block more than one status of the user's choice and the dances aren't magical (and aren't the dances perfect accuracy anyway? This > S5 Yellow Scarf to me). So, Bernie can't status tank like she usually does and status shuffling works its magic to take care of Sarah long-term. Two turns should be enough here and both Sleep and Silence completely wreck this fight. Garnet's MT healing is also helpful to mitigate Cleo's opening salvo, since I suspect she's faster than Songstress.
Team Piggyman vs. Lyon and Nergal: Lyon and Nergal aren't subject to Silence nor Sleep! Hovever, Eileen should have a charge of Copper Flesh by now. Slap that on Marcus, go to town, since he one-rounds both lolgal and Lyon in a hurry.

Team MICHAEL vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Snowe(S4), Gorudo and Boss Catiua (TOPSP) - Mesarthim on floor 1, jesus christ.
Team MICHAEL vs. Bronzog, Galleon, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1) - See above. Raynie helps frying some scrubs too.
Team MICHAEL vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius - T2 probably does the brunt of the work here, but oh well.
Team MICHAEL vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5), Garland (FF1) and LORD OCHU (FFX) - Man.
Team MICHAEL vs. Lich and Kraken - Raynie likely OHKOs Lich. This isn't even a fight.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 12:00:38 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 12:25:38 PM »
Ahhh. Thanks Snow. Yeah makes sense. I thought I remembered hitting weakness against Shadow PCs early but must have been wrong there. Maybe their minions dunno?~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 12:51:43 PM »
Shadow PCs don't count as plot bosses worth noting if they're named Yosuke and Chie, and even Chie might not have a weakness to hit. >_>

EDIT: Right, Shadow Chie exists to show Yosuke off, she's weak to Wind. <_<

EDIT WORD MIME GREFTER: Just noticed. Hyping Sky Drops here is a lost cause no matter what, they're not available until like floor 6-7.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 03:22:27 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 04:23:18 PM »
Eh? Dungeon enemies are supposed to be taken as endgame entities, so allowing Sky Drops isn't entirely out of the question. I don't think Sky Drops are status immunity anyway, just a huge reduction.

Also, Fang totally owns the Invincibility cheese from Eruca for whatever that's worth.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 04:26:28 PM »
I actually meant for her. For some reason, I thought -she- had RH characters on the team. <________________< And Sky Drops can be stacked for immunity IIRC.

EDIT: Looking at the fight more closely, it ends up being a straight-up blitz against CT, and she -HAS- to kill both Marco and Eruca before they get a turn. Otherwise, Stocke revives Eruca, Marco Trans-turns and fufufu, everybody's dead about twice over. I have no read on Mesarthim's damage at this point nor do I know if Fang+Mes can kill both Marco and Eruca. Turnswapping honestly isn't very relevant at all (just makes the overkill bigger), and if only Stocke is available to revive, due to RH revive DELAYING TURN ORDER FURTHER THAN 0 CT FOR SOME REASON WHAT THE HELL RH SPEED, team CT actually can complete the blitz on turn two. Otherwise, though, explosions happen in a very brutal manner. I like how this fight pretty much trivializes the big RH interp nightmares due to the nature of the floor, at least.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 05:11:26 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 11:08:05 PM »
Thanks for the inputs Neph and Snow  :)

Ohh yeah I forgot Fang/Vanille/Peppita having multi hit attack/offence chains would smash through Divine Light~

Well I took a brief look at the RH stat topic and apparently Marco is a tad below average for Speed/HP/DEF/general durability especially on Speed with Neph's averages so looks like there definitely might be a case for Vanille and Priest also going before him as well as Fang and Mesa. I want to say Fang's offence is currently notably above average since I'm not sure Snow has Adrenaline yet and Sazh is well Sazh stats~ Lightning doesn't get Adrenaline and Vanille/Hope don't have access to Commando yet. Granted even if they do get to go Vanille and Priest, assuming she doesn't have to definitely blow Holy in an earlier fight would be hitting Marco's MDEF which is his better one though~

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 11:20:21 PM »
Vanille definitely goes before him, average speed and all. Granted, Stocke could respond to that by healing him instead of reviving Eruca, but that makes the blitz inviable. Priest is faster, but only gets something off before Marco if she uses a basic physical.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 03:43:14 AM »
*On this floor, all buffs & debuffs have their effects increased by 50%. Status is not included.
Team Djinn vs. Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise - Ivan goes first, 90% Sleep to Pokemon should handle it.
Team Djinn vs. Demi and Raja - Second verse, same as the first.
Team Djinn vs. Yuna and Auron - Assuming that Sleep is blocked, Ivan instead goes for Zephyr's speed buff, which is something ridiculous like +200% speed on this floor. Pretty certain this is enough to get Lenneth turns to use Normalize AND Attack with a full Soul Crush chain against Yuna before she can set up the Protect/Shell nonsense. Auron's debuffs could hurt, but Might Reinforce and/or Normalize can fix that and he's too slow to put on much pressure by himself. For the lulz, Sacred Slayer gets bonus damage against Undead (Auron)!
*Full Heal
Team Djinn vs. Arnaud, Yulie and Kresnik - Honestly, I don't see the dangerous ones living past Ivan's speed buff + Jane's Follow Me that gives Lenneth 3 turns in a row. And the first turn will include Might Reinforce.
Team Djinn vs. Adachi, Alexia (XF) and Alma - Pretty much the same strategy? Speed buff->Follow Me->Unlimited Turn Works Lenneth.

Team CT vs. Billy, Bart, Rico and Elly - Can anyone on CT's team immune Sleep? I'm seriously concerned that Elly will get a turn with her 100% Evade-ignoring Sleep wand.
Team CT vs. Raquel (WA4), Rudy (WA1), Brad (WA2), Gallows (WA3) and RAGNAR BLITZ LEBRETT (WAXF)
Team CT vs. Nina4, FFT Chemist and Artea
Team CT vs. Spherimorph, Dalton, Galura (FF5) and Augst
Team CT vs. Stocke, Eruca, Rosch and Marco - Crap, RH teams are rough. I think Mesarthim's Maelstrom is still pretty good damage on this floor, so it's close. Abstain.

Team Piggyman vs. FFT Wizard, FF1 Black Wizard, FF5 Black Mage and Vivi
Team Piggyman vs. Nina1, Nina2 and Nina3
Team Piggyman vs. Lemina, Mia, Ronfar, Jessica and Luna
Team Piggyman vs. Sarah (S3), Cleo and Bernadette
Team Piggyman vs. Lyon and Nergal

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 04:06:35 AM »
I'd be shocked if CT's team can pass, but that RH fight is kind of broken.  Even assuming Eruca can be blitzed out (not that hard), Marco *absolutely must die* before even Stocke gets a turn.  Assuming Mesathrim is faster than average speed to beat Stocke out...  Marco's durabilities from the stat topic:

Physical Durability:   0.85
Magic Durability:   0.91

Fang has ~.55-.60 PCHP damage in physical beatdown right now (even if you allow Commando for Hope/Vanille in the DL, it's blatantly illegal THIS floor), so Mesa doesn't need THAT good damage, but that doesn't really seem like her niche.  Anyway, if Mesathrim fails to kill Stocke, Stocke switches with Marco, Marco Trans-Turns -> Stocke revives Eruca & Rosch switches with either Eruca or Marco.  After that, only 2x overkill?  The RH team has enough in their tank off Trans-Turn spamming from Eruca to Marco & back (and hitting Stocke & Rosch in the process) to spam like 100x PCHP overkill supercombos of doom with finishers even after Stocke & Rosch run out of MP.  Marco has like 50 Trans-turns in the tank, and Eruca has 65 or so!  And this is a game where there's a bonus for inflicting long combos!

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 06:16:01 AM »
Team MICHAEL passes, it's F1.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 06:31:53 AM »
* Clear Tranquil zombies

Thanks Snow~

@ Djinn Mesarthim is currently above average speed and has Freedom Rune which renders the target immune to Sleep, Palsy (?) and Stone and she can MT it here for full team immunity to the statuses. Elly is apparently below average speed and HP/DEF according to the Xenogears stat topic which though now that SnowFire's posted the figures for Fang makes me wonder if she has to bother with Freedom Rune at all even. I'm assuming the Fang ~55-60% PCHPD is vs AVG? If so with Elly below it might be a bit more and Mesa could just Maelstorm/MT physical to finish her off (probably physical since Elly has high M/EDEF)? Which with both Fang and Mesa pumping out offence should easily put a substantial dent in the rest of the Xenogearers as well so Vanille and Peppita should definitely be able to mop up from there.

@ SnowFire - Ahh thanks for the math! I was waiting for a mathy person to come along~ Fang and Mesa are definitely above average speed but however I sincerely doubt even with both of them putting out the best type of damage required they manage to finish off Stocke who if I remember right is actually pretty durable. Though I'm also pretty sure that even with the harshest of SO3 speed interps (non start of battle running speeds/based on running round the whole arena/battle field perimeter/non average speeds with skill speed tie breaks interps) Peppita still gets to go before Rosch at least >__>  I take her as faster than Sophia/Adray/Maria at least but even with the harshest SO3 speed interp she's still not the slowest of her cast (Maria) while Rosch is. I guess that's a mute point if you allow Rosch to immune freeze/shatter kill ID/chaos (Instanto Blast's direct ID is far from T1 and while Kaboom's ID is solid allowing her Kaboom here is pretty darn generous <__<)~

Edit - Assuming Mesa/Fang combo is enough to take out Marco wouldn't Vanille + Deprotect/Imperil + Peppita Power Dance > Frozen Dagger/Magic Hook combos be enough to finish off Stocke? ~ Granted I'm assuming Peppita is hoovering around average or so damage currently since especially if SO3 characters aren't allowed their L30 moves nobody has their big gun offences/is exactly running away with the SO3 offence curve currently, and only Cliff/Nel/Fayt/Maria have Berserk. Peppita doesn't have Berserk yet but Power Dance might negate that I dunno? Especially since she does have some chaining power since Power Dance/Frozen Daggers have low Fury costs compared to the skills of some peeps. Granted Maria might run away with the average if you allow her L10 Scatter Beams off Berserk already I dunno~ 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 09:03:30 AM by Clear Tranquil »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 11:45:38 AM »
I'd be shocked if CT's team can pass, but that RH fight is kind of broken.  Even assuming Eruca can be blitzed out (not that hard), Marco *absolutely must die* before even Stocke gets a turn.

You... are right. Both Eruca and Marco together means they can pile up Bluelike damage before average speed goes even ignoring turn swap shit due to unlimited Trans-turning hax. And having -two- revivers (one of them being openly tanky) in that team pretty much means you don't have a choice in how to manage the fight -at all-. You pack ID or you blitz hard. One of the trans-turners needs to go and it'd be nice if one of the revivers got ganked from this fight as well, but that's not -necessary-.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 04:23:02 PM »
I honestly forgot that people allow the turn-switching stuff from in-game beyond Trans-turn. Let me revise the fight.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 04:54:54 PM »
Well it's mainly the MT Switch/Change thing I'm confused/concerned about which thinking on it might have been what SnowFire meant about Rosch managing to get a turn?~

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 05:01:11 PM »
Turn-swapping alone allows Rosch to get a turn earlier than he should, for all that I don't see how it'd be useful given the fact Rosch is the -least- dangerous member of that ensemble by far. The problem lies in Marco: he gets a turn, other people start getting their own extra and then Eruca gets up and -holy fuck- say hi to RH's rendition of Blue's OverDrive loop.

EDIT: I don't allow the turnswap mechanic, to be very clear. However, Snowfire clearly does, and I believe so does Pyro, just for starters. Even -without- that, though, the fight is fundamentally broken in a way that utterly mystifies me. Two revivers and two Trans-turners in the MT floor is one hell of a tall order. You literally can't win that fight inquestionably without better-than-OHKO-level blitzing that goes before everybody on the opposing side or high-accuracy debilitating status, and those can be a bit brutal to ask for at floor 3.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 05:05:33 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 06:10:20 PM »
I have changed the fight, hopefully it's in the same vein as before without being too difficult.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 06:53:39 PM »
Ryu3 has Bonebreak, which is borderline OHKO damage running off -that- physical durability and above average speed. That's kinda bad. It's OPB, but still, he and Stocke are practically tied together in speed and both are difficult to kill (Ryu3 resists status and can immune ID).

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2012, 06:58:54 PM »
for Djinn's team: what stops Auron from Zombie striking Lenneth or Ivan and making them incapable of surviving?

If he gets Issac and Yuna gets a single turn she full-Lifes and then the team has to do without Issac which it probably can not handle. Could Ivan just status out Yuna there or is she faster? Follow me might help here?

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2012, 07:59:57 PM »
My team passes because Songstress is hawt.

I'm going to abstain on CT's team, but a few of those fights look like uphill battles.

I don't know enough about Djinn's or Neph's teams to vote on them comfortably.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.