Author Topic: Plot POWAH Week 3- So it's come to this: underaged princess battles  (Read 1599 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Try to guess which one.  You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Divine Beings

Nyarlathotep (Persona 2) vs Vergil (SaGa Frontier)
Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile Series) vs Cthulhu (Cthulhu Saves the World)

Superhumans

Tir McDohl (Suikoden) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier)
Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics)

Warriors

Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Cliff Fittir (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Raquel Applegate (Wild ARMs 4) vs Aelia (Valkyrie Profile)

Civilians

Gina (SaGa Frontier) vs Anastasia Romanov (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)
Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Tengaar (Suikoden Series)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Plot POWAH Week 3- So it's come to this: underaged princess battles
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 05:58:47 AM »
Divine Beings

Endgame VP1 Lenneth is pretty nutty powerful and also a force for good so that's going to be kind of an uphill battle for CSTW Cthulhu (if a fair fight for Lovecraft Cthulhu).  VP2 Lenneth gets punk'd by Lezard.  So I'm thinking Cthulhu's argument is something like "get October or some other cultist to learn the Sovereign's Rite to put Lenneth to bed."  Not sure how much ally support I'm willing to give in this kind of battle, though.   (Ashera is beaten by a deity-empowered cult in-game so it was clearly relevant there, but less so in a more typical duel like this.)  And if we do start allowing allies Lenneth has her own private army which as VP1 A Ending shows can leap into action even when Lenneth is briefly out of commission.

Superhumans

Not sure on this one.  To Altima's discredit, she was trapped in her own private crystal / dimension of nothingness for hundreds of years, so she's clearly susceptible to Belial's game.  To Altima's credit, all you need to do is kill a bunch of people to summon her back, and the world of WA4 certainly qualifies to bounce her back into action if she does get trapped.  More generally, I think Altima would be entirely 100% willing and able to kill Scythe, which should unhinge Belial.

Warriors

Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Cliff Fittir (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Cliff is a tad bland but while he's willing to play second banana to Fayt weirdly often, he does lead a resistance outfit for some time with no notable defections or problems with it.  Giving control of said outfit to a magic 17 year old blue-haired chick may have been questionable judgment, but all-in-all he seems like he'd be able to avoid getting backstabbed by Delita, and wins a straight fight.
Munch munch part 2.  (For delayed comments on Week 2, I do give Einherjar divinity credit for being really hard to stop by mortals, just that roughly equates to Ultimecia level-credit in the world of FF8, and I figured Squall showed he could hang out with that set.)

Civilians

Awaiting arguments on this one!  Probably depends on if there's some way Tengaar can take advantage of Arnaud's cowardice...  EDIT: Yeah not seeing the Arnaud argument so.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 03:53:08 AM by SnowFire »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 06:14:17 AM »
Divine Beings

Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile Series) vs Cthulhu (Cthulhu Saves the World): Can I consider Chapter 6 of VP2 bad fanfiction pretty please? Anyway, yeah, I think A ending Lenneth matches up pretty well with Cthulhu. She seems able to erase the kind of madness he'd induce.

Superhumans

Tir McDohl (Suikoden) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier): I/O error: requested file "soul" not found
Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics): Altima's plot power mostly consists of commanding the loyalty of the demons, and we can infer she has power similar to (slightly superior to?) Hashmalum's ability to butcher soldiers by the dozen. But Belial has that power too, and her powers feel much more explicit otherwise. And yes, "lock Altima in pocket dimension is"... already kinda proven to work. I don't buy the "Altima kills Scythe" argument... Scythe is competent himself until he runs out of energy... specifically, at avoiding attacks.

Warriors

Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Cliff Fittir (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time): Cliff has a good head on his shoulders and I don't think Delita would have an easy time taking advantage of him, and his Bonds of Friendship™ are probably too strong for Delita to turn Maria against him... certainly Mirage. Thus I give Cliff better than even odds of making it to the straight fight with Delita, which he wins pretty handilly.
Raquel Applegate (Wild ARMs 4) vs Aelia (Valkyrie Profile): This is kinda close, and their powers are kinda difficult to compared. I'll vote Aelia here since Raquel's masterful parrying seems like it be a good answer to human Aelia, but not dragon.

Civilians

Gina (SaGa Frontier) vs Anastasia Romanov (Shadow Hearts: Covenant): Well I guess Mystic Ending Gina is a low-level mystic, but the personality doesn't scream good in a fight (whereas tomboy scamp Ana manages... as well as a child can, there) and honestly demon summoning matches some nebulous mystic powers pretty well anyway.
Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Tengaar (Suikoden Series): I could be argued, but this feels like a decent fight on pure combat ability (trained in warrior's village, has runic magic vs. gifted intellect, has WA4 magic), so I'm inclined to give Tengaar the edge since she'd be much less wishy-washy in her approach to the fight.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 07:51:48 AM »
Divine Beings

Nyarlathotep (Persona 2) vs Vergil (SaGa Frontier) - Vergil is immortal, but not necessarily -divine-. His powers are pretty nebulous and he likely has a lot of the same limitations that other Mystics do (apparently the inability to grow, at the least). Nyarlie is pretty powerful in a straight-up destruction fight, plus he has that pesky rumors-as-reality ability, and certainly becomes stronger as humans become more evil or suicidal or what-have-you, so the potential is better. Lovecraft 1, Mystics 0.
Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile Series) vs Cthulhu (Cthulhu Saves the World) - VP1 A Ending Lenneth is basically my baseline for "Most plot-powerful being in the DL". You have to spoil somehow to beat her, really. Lovecraft 1, Valkyries 1.

Superhumans

Tir McDohl (Suikoden) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier) - Speaking of Spoiling! Robots 1, Runes 0
Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) - I think Altima might actually be a kind of divine being, and theoretically has access to more energy, but Belial, despite being mortal, has unique control over physics that can be applied in so many creative ways. And one of those ways just so happens to emulate the way Altima has been defeated before, so... Metal Demons 1, Bloody Angels 0

Warriors

Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Cliff Fittir (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - Cliff is just generally competent and supremely durable in battle. Klausians 1, Noseless Abominations 0.
Raquel Applegate (Wild ARMs 4) vs Aelia (Valkyrie Profile) - Agree with NEB logic here. Undead Warriors 1, Almost-Dead Warriors 0.

Civilians

Gina (SaGa Frontier) vs Anastasia Romanov (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - And Gina's reign of terror through obscura finally comes to an end! Underage Princesses... uh... 1? ...and also 0?
Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Tengaar (Suikoden Series) - Close match, but I'm giving this one to "Arnaud might hesitate to beat up a teenage girl". After all, she's not an -ADULT- (hiss! boo!). But there's no way Tengaar would hesitate to bitch-slap a dude.  Drifters 0, Runes 1 !

MalcolmMasher

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 10:02:40 AM »

Superhumans
Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) - I do not believe that Altima was trapped in Murond Death City, which implies that she can Teleport 2 out of a place that normally requires a specific ritual in a specific place in order to access. So if Belial trapped Altima in Wunderweltraum II, I'm pretty sure Altima would just warp out. And in a stand-up fight, I'm betting on Altima.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 07:12:32 PM »
Warriors

Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Cliff Fittir (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- Yeah, Cliff is portrayed as a competent and strong fighter the entire game.

Civilians

Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)
vs Tengaar (Suikoden Series)- Combat skills are a wash as Elfboy noted, so it comes down to Arnaud's brains vs Tengaar's fairly strong will. Arnaud is quite capable by the end of the game, and seems like he'd have the tactical advantage. He doesn't show any serious issue with attacking women either that I recall, so yeah.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 08:00:18 PM »

Superhumans

Warriors

Civilians

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 04:06:38 AM »
Divine Beings

Nyarlathotep (Persona 2) vs Vergil (SaGa Frontier) - The two of them really has no means to kill one another. But Nyarlie has more resources in controlling the human and have Vergil properly walled.
Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile Series) vs Cthulhu (Cthulhu Saves the World) - To beat Lenneth, you either out power her with raw power or you use Sovereign's Rite. Cthulhu has neither.

Superhumans

Tir McDohl (Suikoden) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier) - Totally spoiled.
Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Another spoiler fight

Warriors

Civilians

Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Tengaar (Suikoden Series) - I... can't think about this fight. Scenarios like bad fan fiction keeps out poping out of my mind,

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 01:31:08 PM »

Divine Beings
Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile Series) vs Cthulhu (Cthulhu Saves the World) - yep.

Superhumans
Tir McDohl (Suikoden) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier) - beep boop beep i am a robot
Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) - yeeaaaaah

Warriors
Raquel Applegate (Wild ARMs 4) vs Aelia (Valkyrie Profile) - i still don't care

Civilians
Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Tengaar (Suikoden Series) - has the power of berating.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 06:57:27 PM »
Divine Beings

Superhumans

Warriors

Civilians

Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Tengaar (Suikoden Series)- Lazy this week.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 01:53:49 AM »
Gonna leave this open a couple more hours if anyone wants to vote.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 02:44:23 AM »
Divine Beings

Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile Series) vs Cthulhu (Cthulhu Saves the World): Lenneth is stronger than FRUE Cthulhu, to say nothing of measly Hero Cthulhu.

Superhumans

Tir McDohl (Suikoden) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier): File Not Found, indeed.
Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics): Pockets her away in a sub-dimension. Again.

Warriors

Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Cliff Fittir (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time): Superhuman vs. experienced but normal human?
Raquel Applegate (Wild ARMs 4) vs Aelia (Valkyrie Profile): Aelia doesn't really do anything except get tortured to death.

Civilians

Gina (SaGa Frontier) vs Anastasia Romanov (Shadow Hearts: Covenant): Demon Camera's gotta be worth something.
Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Tengaar (Suikoden Series): Both are magic users. Arnaud is way more central to victory in his team and is generally competent after he has already gotten over his cowardice. Tengaar is reliant on Hix even if she is competent on her own. Just feels that Arnaud is the wiser and more deadly one.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 03:10:13 PM »
Warriors

Raquel Applegate (Wild ARMs 4) vs Aelia (Valkyrie Profile): Since apparently the dragon thing is plot (I'll be damned if I remember VP plot, apparently).

Civilians

Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Tengaar (Suikoden Series): Actually did something, unless I'm misremembering again.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 06:23:08 PM »
Divine Beings

Nyarlathotep (Persona 2)- ii vs Vergil (SaGa Frontier)- i
Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile Series)- iiiiiii vs Cthulhu (Cthulhu Saves the World)

Superhumans

Tir McDohl (Suikoden) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier)- iiiiiii
Belial (Wild ARMs 4)- iiiiiii vs Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics)- ii

Warriors

Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Cliff Fittir (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- iiiiiiii
Raquel Applegate (Wild ARMs 4)- ii vs Aelia (Valkyrie Profile)- iiiiiii

Civilians

Gina (SaGa Frontier) vs Anastasia Romanov (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)- iiiiiii
Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)- iiii vs Tengaar (Suikoden Series)- iiiii