Register

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 98  (Read 2914 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 98
« on: December 10, 2012, 12:18:18 AM »

"Oho, yet another has stepped so deep... I certainly hope you know what you're in for..."

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------
**Full Heals reset limit and other types of gauges when teams pass through them.

Team Djinn | Lenneth, Ivan, Jane, Sacred Slayer (Life), Marco
[Ivan: Forge, Fever, Scorch, Ember, Flash, Kite | Wind Mage] Ivan's Djinni
[Floor 8: Maze of Trials]
*Lenneth has been granted Iron Fist! (+20% ATK)
*Sacred Slayer has been granted Emulator's Passive Skills! (But not Action Replay because fuck that noise)
Team Djinn vs. Mascot Yuna (FFX-2)
Team Djinn vs. Wendolo (OG2)
Team Djinn vs. Boss Timelord, Belial (No 4D Pocket), Ultimecia and FF5 Time Mage
*Full Heal
Team Djinn vs. Jenna Angel (When defeated, all buffs applied after the start of the fight are removed and CT is reset, and is replaced with Isolde, then again with Xorn, then again with Profound Darkness)
Team Djinn vs. Myria 1 (When defeated, all buffs applied after the start of the fight are removed and CT is reset, and is replaced with Persephone (WA5), then then with Orphan, then Zophar)

Team MICHAEL | T260G, Mesarthim, Yulie (Body Charge), Raynie, Marco
[T260G: Type-4 Body [BJ&K]] [*Medipack (Magnify) (MecSonata) MaxwellProgram, CombatMastery, ShootingMastery, PluralSlash]
Floor 5b: All or Nothing
***Take the best stats from each character, status immunities from each part, all skillsets and any multiple-acting inclusive.
Team vs. ZeraAll (Zerase and Zera Valmar)
Team vs. NinaAll (BoF1, 2, 3 and 4) and and MiaAll (GS, FE9 and Lunar)
Team vs. GuyAll  (FE7, Lufia 2 and TotA) MomoAll (BoF3 and XS3)
Team vs. JeanAll (Lunar2 and BoF2) and TonyAll (WA4, XF and MK)
Team vs. MarAll  (Margulus, Mareg and Marcello)

Team Pyro | Bartz, Hilda, Eiko, Jean, Marco (Body Charge)
[Bartz: !Time | !Red (Chemist) (Ninja) (Monk)]
[Floor 4: Buff Enough]
*On this floor, all buffs & debuffs have their effects increased by 50%. Status is not included.
Team Pyro vs. Alakazam, Mr. Mime and Charizard
Team Pyro vs. Demi, Angelo and Raja
Team Pyro vs. Yuna, Auron and FFT Priest
Team Pyro vs. Arnaud, Yulie, Lilka and Emma (AC:F)
Team Pyro vs. Adachi, Alexia (XF) and Alma

Team Dhyer | [ Nina, Ursula, Scias ] (Ryu, Cray & Ershin) (synergy)
[Floor 1: Starting off Again (Beginning of the game)]
Team vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Snowe(S4), Gorudo and Boss Catiua (TOPSP)
Team vs. Bronzog, Galleon, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1)
Team vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius
Team vs. Slash and Flea
Team vs. Augus (BoF2)

Life - One character's healing effects now also allows for revival, however the healing also only revives characters with 1 HP. The healing received from spells that hit more than one target may be used as revival once per battle.

Neo Speed - The effective speed of one character is increased by 10% and increases 20% each time that character takes a turn, this effect caps at 2x base speed. The speed of this character cannot be increased in any way, nor can this character grant or be granted turns via any manner. If the character dies the speed is removed and cannot be regained.

Body Charge - Increases damage and effective speed of a character by 1.3x and decreases damage to them to .7x.

Synergy [BoF4] - Three PCs out at once, may switch on turns individually. Game over!!! if all PCs are incapacitated.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 03:22:20 AM by Nephrite »

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 98
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 12:21:19 AM »
Team Djinn stuff

Lenneth gets Iron Fist (+20% ATK)
Sacred Slayer gets a second job: all non-Replay Emulator support skills (MP Recovery, Emulator EQ, Conserve MP, Exploit Weakness)
The Life Sealstone is on Sacred Slayer.
Ivan's Djinni:
Pilgrim (Pilgrim, Wanderer, Ascetic, Fire Monk) skills: 1-6Ma, 1J
Forge - Mars - Attack buff +67, MT (25%)
Fever - Mars/physical damage, inflicts Delusion ~100%
Scorch - Mars/physical damage, inflicts Stun ~95%
Ember - Mars - Heals 9 PP, MT (7%)
Flash - Mars - Reduces damage taken by 90%
Torch - Mars/physical damage, ITD
Kite - Jupiter - Act twice next action

Ivan's relevant skills:
Bind - 80% ST Silence
Ward - GT DEF Buff
Resist - GT RES Buff
Drain - ~10% damage/restore
PsyDrain - ~10% MP drainage
Pyroclasm - Awesome MT Fire Damage
Spark Plasma - Awesome MT Thunder damage

Marco gets... nothing cool.
Jane gets... not a bonus, but a ruling that Finest Arts is part of her standard endgame stuff due to her unique claim to it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 02:22:00 AM by Nephrite »

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 12:32:08 AM »
[Bartz: Time Mage/Red Mage (Chemist) (Ninja) (Monk)]
*On this floor, all buffs & debuffs have their effects increased by 50%. Status is not included.
Team Pyro vs. Alakazam, Mr. Mime and Charizard: Ala goes first and hits someone. Jean attempts status on the three. If it does not hit, Marco passes to Bartz who resets. If Ala crits Bartz, Marco passes to Hilda to ID Char and then on her own turn she ID's Ala. The team then revives Bartz and Resets. So the end result is 100% status for all three. Whatever damage Alakazam does is healed off without fuss and they consume almost no resources.
Team Pyro vs. Demi, Angelo, and Raja: Status for Angelo and Raja before they move, and then a summon whacks all three. Demi can heal the status but she's already been hit by magic (which she's very bad at handling). If she heals either herself or the two fleshy ones then Entrance-> Summon finishes all three. Barrier just gets her wasted by physicals as need be (after she's already been whacked with a Summon).
Team Pyro vs. Yuna, Auron, and FFT Priest: Auron does something. Jean statuses them via Reset loop. If somehow FFT Priest could block Charm/Paralysis/Sleep at once then I have ID to add to the mix and off her that way. If Auron blocked the status then he's not seeing a turn before his 50% speed second turn.
Team Pyro vs. Arnaud, Yulie, Lilka and Emma (AC:F): No one has immunity to paralysis, so that does it's fell work off a quick Reset loop as needed.
Team Pyro vs. Adachi, Alexia (XF) and Alma: Alexia can speed up Adachi's turn, but there is no stopping an Entranced Summon from wrecking shit. Alma's Mbarrier is still too slow coming off to save them, even if Alexia boosts her (~87% speed then).

Beyond that I have triple-speed Haste (possibly MT), 1/4th speed Slow (MT), a damage quartering protect, and Marco has buffs too.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 12:50:49 AM »
Neph: Power Bangle is ATK +30%, I believe.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 01:09:28 AM »
Team Djinn vs. Mascot Yuna (FFX-2): A quick Blitz puts this to rest. She may get a turn off, but not a second.
Team Djinn vs. Wendolo (OG2): Lenneth will eat some counters, but the team has healing. Not a problem.
Team Djinn vs. Boss Timelord, Belial (No 4D Pocket), Ultimecia and FF5 Time Mage: Belial whacks Jane with Tank Drop. Follow me... Time Mage is killed off while Lenneth Buffs, then Belial is KO'd. Not sure how Ultimecia and Timelord interact but I'm assuming Djinn can manage, what with the "holy crap" offense.
*Full Heal
Team Djinn vs. Jenna Angel (When defeated, all buffs applied after the start of the fight are removed and CT is reset, and is replaced with Isolde, then again with Xorn, then again with Profound Darkness): None of these pose a major threat to Djinn I think. Ivan can handle Jenna's Orbs, with MT (it doesn't take much),  Isolde is kind of frail, Xorn/PD are limit bosses that get stomped on after Lenneth buffs. The team will use PD1 to give time for Sacred Slayer's MP to come back.
Team Djinn vs. Myria 1 (When defeated, all buffs applied after the start of the fight are removed and CT is reset, and is replaced with Persephone (WA5), then then with Orphan, then Zophar): Myria1 is pretty ugly against a team of physical offense, but the amount of offense, and Lenneth's infinite healing, make it less of an issue. Oh and SS has Fragile! That really cuts into Myria1's pdur. Persephone goes down like a *****, Orphan... Snowfire examined him closely so I'll go with what he did. Zophar doesn't even last a round. So Djinn wins F8. Go Lenneth!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 10:23:04 PM by Pyro »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 01:26:55 AM »
Myria -does- KO Jane... but to do it, she has to run into her evade. That's a 33% chance to KO her, and I thought Djinn's team had at least -one- worthwhile defense buff. Jane pdur isn't -so- bad (probaby 80% area) that she won't be able to take a hit that way, I think.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 02:43:59 AM »
I think Pyro wins anyway, but just noting for the record that the comments on how "Oh Reset isn't THAT good" are silly, since even when everything goes to absolute hell - Alakazam criticals, Jean misses all her status - there's still "revive Bartz" which requires Alakazam to critical AGAIN on round 2 before Reset.  Anyway, since I will arbitrarily cap the max number of resets at 5 (=1 for each battle if need be), it still doesn't matter because Jean generally should only need to status 1-2 people for the fight to be winnable.  The only real threat is Angelo, but he has to evade both Marco Sleep + Jean status + get a good Kathwack off + have enough support left over from the status attempts to handle Hilda, who immunes ID.  So yeah, Pyro passes.

Already brought it up in chat, but...
3 Lenneth turns and an Ivan turn do it.
No way.  Mascot Y is claimed to be 6.80 effective PCHP (baking in Protect) in the stat topic, which is a little high because I believe that is against the average sans-Mascot, but still totally badass.  Additionally Yuna will use her turns to spam 32.5% healling, which is 2.1 effective PCHP more to grind through.  A saving grace is that Mascot has Charge Times rather than Recovery Times, so her turn 1 cureja is a bit delayed.  I think Djinn's blitz is strong enough such that Yuna only lives to see 1 cure turn, but still, grinding through 8.7 PCHP means Sacred Slayer is burning MP like crazy.  Even more if Yuna survives to get 2 Cures off which is entirely possible.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 02:48:54 AM »
Team Djinn | Lenneth, Ivan, Jane, Sacred Slayer (Life), Marco
[Ivan: Forge, Fever, Scorch, Ember, Flash, Kite | Wind Mage] Ivan's Djinni
[Floor 8: Maze of Trials]
*Lenneth has been granted a Power Bangle!
*Sacred Slayer has been granted Emulator's Passive Skills! (But not Action Replay because fuck that noise)
Team Djinn vs. Mascot Yuna (FFX-2)- Should not be a problem.
Team Djinn vs. Wendolo (OG2)
Team Djinn vs. Boss Timelord, Belial (No 4D Pocket), Ultimecia and FF5 Time Mage- Belial goes before Jane! But...no 4D Pocket, boss TL and Time Mage are killed.
*Full Heal
Team Djinn vs. Jenna Angel (When defeated, all buffs applied after the start of the fight are removed and CT is reset, and is replaced with Isolde, then again with Xorn, then again with Profound Darkness)- So...the slog fight. I don't scale down solo boss HP so
Jenna 1-4: 1.5 PC HP each (I'm assuming this after defenses. Stat topic lists two wildly different damage numbers for these and for Jenna 5)
Jenna 5: 10 PC HP
Isolde HP: ~3.75 HP, near halves damage
Xorn HP: ~7
PD HP form 1: 13
PD HP form 2: 15
PD HP form 3: 21
The obvious fear here is that there is a lot of MP needed. Jenna 1 transforms on her turn and is a buffer boss. Best bet for her is stacking Debilitate and Dispel I think. Maybe Vanity. Jenna "5" comes with the cores. These are not a big deal as Ivan OHKOs them (but he's really the only one that can do anything)

So Jenna 5 is obviously getting turns. Best use is Vanity and hoping to fuck the team up since it's generally getting 3 of 5 on status. Uh...this is a case where things can go badly if drawn out. As such, blowing MP to get past her is good.

Isolde- Can kill Jane, Marco or SS and then get a speed up turn (and assuming under 50%, can start the damage spam).
Team Djinn vs. Myria 1 (When defeated, all buffs applied after the start of the fight are removed and CT is reset, and is replaced with Persephone (WA5), then then with Orphan, then Zophar).

Xorn- Speed=before Jane acts to me. It's...meaningless though. This is the easiest part, because Xorn is not dangerous until losing half his HP, and even then, Isolde is scarier and not much slower at that point.

PD 1= A lot of ST. This is not so bad (although now Jane is being KOed, so we know where the damage is going)
PD 2= MT. Team is not great on MT healing, so do want to get this done or get overwhelmed.
PD 3= MT. Like the last, but now MT may be getting near multiple people on attacking.

Team Djinn vs. Myria 1 (When defeated, all buffs applied after the start of the fight are removed and CT is reset, and is replaced with Persephone (WA5), then then with Orphan, then Zophar)
Myria
Persephone
Orphan- Hi, this is like 50 PC HP with a lot of status.
Zophar
Man, so, two endless bosses and Zophar. My tentative gut is fail. This is 8 consectutive fights, and many of these people have some level of MP woes (Not just SS, but Ivan if he does not want his stats to fall, Jane and Marco). That Orphan fight. Ugh....yeah, I think with the listed bosses and not scaling down, this is not really possible, but at the same time, not really possible for any team. So...maybe I might scale down a little. Thinking on it.
...into the nightfall.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 03:08:25 AM »
I think Pyro wins anyway, but just noting for the record that the comments on how "Oh Reset isn't THAT good" are silly, since even when everything goes to absolute hell - Alakazam criticals, Jean misses all her status - there's still "revive Bartz" which requires Alakazam to critical AGAIN on round 2 before Reset.  Anyway, since I will arbitrarily cap the max number of resets at 5 (=1 for each battle if need be), it still doesn't matter because Jean generally should only need to status 1-2 people for the fight to be winnable.  The only real threat is Angelo, but he has to evade both Marco Sleep + Jean status + get a good Kathwack off + have enough support left over from the status attempts to handle Hilda, who immunes ID.  So yeah, Pyro passes.

For Fight 1, if Alakazam crits he is not getting a second turn. Marco goes and Gives his turn to Hilda who ID's Char and then on her natural turn ID's Zam before his second, leaving only Mime to try and stop a revival/reset. Pretty easy. The whole Trans turn thing is kind of awesome when my team has several kinds of options to work with.

I don't like the idea of restricting Reset to once per fight. That seems too arbitrary a nerf to try and bring it's power down (also with only 1 reset you may not want to risk trying for status a second time). It's very arbitrary and rather damning (with only 1 reset, the chance of statusing 2 people assuming you reset is like 75% instead of 100%, huge difference over 5 fights). As for annoyance factor, a metric arseload of prep work goes into every dungeon floor on both sides (both us researching and presumed setup on behalf of the PCs). Reset just means the work happens during the actual fights. It's a powerful skill, but it's on the 4.0 after all.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 03:13:21 AM by Pyro »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 03:10:40 AM »
Questions: Does Saga have the ID equips by now? Can someone sum effectively what T260G is about right now?

Team Pyro | Bartz, Hilda, Eiko, Jean, Marco (Body Charge)- Well reset is awesome; iffier on it's allowance (after all, yes it got banned from Emma and yes, she's far less expensive. But that's for a lot of other reasons. Bartz seemed to be priced as a 4 without taking Reset). Of course, probably does not even need it.
[Bartz: Time Mage/Red Mage (Chemist) (Ninja) (Monk)]
Team Pyro vs. Alakazam, Mr. Mime and Charizard- They can just use that 100% status
Team Pyro vs. Demi, Angelo and Raja- Marco tranfers to Hilda, Angelo is dead. Bartz statuses Raja.
Team Pyro vs. Yuna, Auron and FFT Priest- Yuna can Shell someone, but then a lot of status gets leveled.
Team Pyro vs. Arnaud, Yulie, Lilka and Emma (AC:F)- More of the effectively fast status
Team Pyro vs. Adachi, Alexia (XF) and Alma

Team vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Snowe(S4), Gorudo and Boss Catiua (TOPSP)- These are bad
Team vs. Bronzog, Galleon, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1)- Magic of lots of elementas
Team vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius- Healing+a few strong physicals
Team vs. Slash and Flea- I mean, just kind of assuming this is not an issue.
*Full Heal
Team vs. Terrapin (BoF2)- I don't know what this is, but end of floor 1 with everyone healed? Kind of assuming I should be find with Scias and Ursula starting as they come in game
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 03:15:47 AM »
Terrapin has MT 2HKO and that's more or less it. He can control one character which I guess can prevent you from healing... but I doubt it matters.

The Saga People definitely have the ID Blocker by now, it's store bought in Manhattan. T260 is basically just "super fast tank with really good ST damage" at the moment, or should be.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 03:22:21 AM »
Terapin's MT 2HKO is quite strong... 68%. It's also got like 4 PCHP. You have to have good MT healing F1 or you're pretty boned I think. Dunno what Nina has F1, but I don't think Ursula or Scias had it.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 03:22:38 AM »
Changed Terapin for Augus, whoopsiedoodle.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 03:28:30 AM »
Although..  hmm.  I see that the Emulator passives allow Sacred Slayer to regen MP and spend MP efficiently so many burning MP against Yuna is fine.  The rest of the fights before the full heal certainly look manageable enough.  (Belial needs to open with Distortion, Boss TL is a limit boss, Time Mage just dies, Ultimecia is also a limit boss because I force her to start in form 1 rather than go straight to the HP-1 spamming.)

That said Djinn still has the problem of crappy MT healing - Sacred Slayer's requires the team to be in a big huddle to be pure MT (yeah no), so Marco is literally the only one with MT healing and it's not amazing.  Normally that doesn't matter so much because Lenneth's healing is infinite and usually on earlier floors Djinn could just let Lenneth solo stuff...   a bit more problematic here.

Team Djinn vs. Jenna Angel (When defeated, all buffs applied after the start of the fight are removed and CT is reset, and is replaced with Isolde, then again with Xorn, then again with Profound Darkness)
Sounds like Jenna Angel is beatable but requires sinking some MP.  Xorn shouldn't be a problem at all and arguably might let Sacred Slayer regen any MP lost while Lenneth handles the offense with infinite heals.  Isolde is blitzable.  However...

Can Team Djinn handle Megid spam from PD3 without letting everyone die?  Lenneth can certainly solo, but going into Myria1 with just Lenneth alive seems chancy...  maybe he can via Turn Shifting Marco a bunch?  Area G-Heal is apparently 12 MP, Marco is a bit overlevel, so he should be able to spam this a bit.

Yeah Agni exists so look for Myria1 damage respect elsewhere.  That said, assuming this is Lenneth solo... as Lenneth tries to revive everyone VP2 Invoke Feather apparently brings people back with just 20% HP, so Myria1 can gun them down as they revive.  Okay so fine, Lenneth solos Myria1.  Persephone can kill Lenneth but might die first, but even if she can, I think that Orphan can handle solo Lenneth via status + gunning down anyone who revives + Merciless Judgment.

Okay, so Team Djinn needed to keep everyone alive through the PD3 fight.  That probably means Sacred Slayer blitzing + aggressive Marco MT healing.  Persephone isn't a problem with a full team, no way she lives to use her turn 3 only super-move then.  Orphan..  I see Merciless Judgment as firing off at HP limits basically, but at least Djinn has some options for getting some MT healing stat in response via turn-shifting to Marco.  The status rain is potentially a problem though...  Marco / Lenneth immune POIZN, but does anyone else?  That needs to be aggressively cleared lest Merciless Judgment stack.  And does team Djinn have any way to deal with Debuffs?  I don't think Cure Condition got them...  if so, Deprotect / Deshell are quite deadly as well.  If he walks into the Zophar fight too damaged, that is problematic too...  if Jane is dead, Zophar can nuke Lenneth for example.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, 03:30:06 AM »
Augus is all about the ST damage. He's only about 2.5 PCHP effectively, so Dhyer shouldn't run into any problems after a Full-Heal. He can just swap PCs in as the current ones die if they don't keep up with the healing (which they probably won't)

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 03:43:24 AM »
-Normalize (12 AP, Level 7): Heals one ally of the following status effects:
                             Poison, Confuse, Silence, Freeze, Paralysis,
                             Stone and Faint

also I did nix the full heal but I don't think that really matters.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 03:47:45 AM by Nephrite »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 06:48:49 AM »
I know about Normalize, but that doesn't really appear to have a solid argument to get debuffs.  (I guess there can be a holistic argument if those are all the VP2 status effects that what it really means is "heals a status effect" to be similar to FF13 Esuna...)

Anyway if Djinn can't get rid of Deprotect / Deshell, then Orphan's "limit" (which activates at uh 40% of his monstrous HP) will be problematic indeed.  MT2HKO that might already be buffed by earlier statuses that can apply Deprotect / Deshell itself.  Maybe Lenneth can still be fine if she retains her Heroism bonuses from slaying the other bosses?!  (Suspect not if "buffs" are dispelled on boss transition...)  In fairness there's also Marco blowing a Turn Break on Orphan along with more of that Sacred Slayer blitzing....  it seems possible, certainly.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 05:12:03 PM »
Team Pyro passes. Reset shenanigans make Jean much more potent, and I will be allowing Reset to be used repeatedly (and at the cost of 1 MP, I don't think he'll be running out anytime soon). As Neph said in the other topic, if it becomes an issue, it'll be addressed then. Last fight can't be status'd, but shouldn't be a problem either. The buffing on Pyro's team is solid enough. Just for lulz, Eiko might arguably have MIGHT by now, too.

Team Dhyer passes. Healing, physicals and magic; that's generally all you need for Floor 1.

Abstaining on Djinn and Neph, for the usual reasons.

Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2012, 05:39:21 PM »
Team MICHAEL | T260G, Mesarthim, Yulie (Body Charge), Raynie, Marco
[T260G: Type-4 Body [BJ&K]] [*Medipack (Magnify) (MecSonata) MaxwellProgram, CombatMastery, ShootingMastery, PluralSlash]
Floor 5b: All or Nothing
***Take the best stats from each character, status immunities from each part, all skillsets and any multiple-acting inclusive.
Team Nephritenee vs. ZeraAll (Zerase and Zera Valmar) - Trying to prove a point, eh? Both Zeras are roughly the same speed and Mes, T2 and Yulie -all- outspeed the unholy abomination. A physical 3HKO pretty much happens here before they start raining MT doom.
Team Nephritenee vs. NinaAll (BoF1, 2, 3 and 4) and and MiaAll (GS, FE9 and Lunar) - Well, NinaAll goes first but ID isn't all that great because 3/5 of the party just mocks it and we have three revivers here - meanwhile, Magnify T2 OHKOs that because all Ninas suck kinda hardcore at HP and none of them have enough MDef to be even noticeably above average mdur even with the best HP figure and most functional MDef stat (the phys resist from Nina4 is kinda funny, at least). I figure MiaAll is plently controllable.
Team Nephritenee vs. GuyAll  (FE7, Lufia 2 and TotA) MomoAll (BoF3 and XS3) - Mes and T2 are both faster than MomoAll and T2 pretty much OHKOs MomoAll with Magnify. GuyAll is worthless. >_>
Team Nephritenee vs. JeanAll (Lunar2 and BoF2) and TonyAll (WA4, XF and MK) - TonyAll can't stop T2 from getting a turn and only instadoubles Raynie and Marco, along with OHKOing pretty much nobody. T2 OHKOs JeanAll even if it gets a turn (mdef is really not their strong suit) and I figure that much revival keeps the fight under control.
Team Nephritenee vs. MarAll  (Margulis, Mareg and Marcello) - Mareg is so useless here, but this is deliberate. <_< The MT healing in this party needs a bit of work outside Mesarthim haxing, that's true, but I suspect she can hold out for long enough with Marco Trans-turning into T2, Yulie healing Mes and Raynie chipping in, since the Marcreature doesn't have the punch to OHKO anyone in the team.

[Bartz: !Time | !Red (Chemist) (Ninja) (Monk)]
Team Pyro vs. Alakazam, Mr. Mime and Charizard - I allow Reset hax and this gets utterly nuts pretty fast.
Team Pyro vs. Demi, Angelo and Raja - More reliance on Reset hax, chained into 3x average speed Haste madness.
Team Pyro vs. Yuna, Auron and FFT Priest - Again.
Team Pyro vs. Arnaud, Yulie, Lilka and Emma (AC:F) - And again.
Team Pyro vs. Adachi, Alexia (XF) and Alma - Yeah. <_<

Team Dhyer vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Snowe(S4), Gorudo and Boss Catiua (TOPSP) - Ursula starts with Fireblast! This is going to be funny.
Team Dhyer vs. Bronzog, Galleon, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1) - One of Fireblast or Plateau smashes Bronzong pretty hard, the rest gets badly owned by combos - the speed spread on the opposition is junk.
Team Dhyer vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius - Scias/Ryu/Cray represent here. Axem Green gets OHKOed by a Scias physical (<_______<) and Ryu/Cray can handle the rest.
Team Dhyer vs. Slash and Flea - Um yeah. >_> Nina shuffles in and out for healing here.
Team Dhyer vs. Augus (BoF2) - Scias blows his Shining Blade charges here - I think a suicide approach in this fight works pretty well, actually: pack together Cray/Ryu/Scias for suicidal offense rush to blow up a lot of his HP, the remnants finish him off hopefully, since he can OHKO half Dhyer's entourage with charged up physicals.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 07:23:46 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 05:44:10 PM »
Reset's one mp cost is refreshed whenever it is cast along with all HP/MP. this means you can not just keep resetting till the enemy runs out of MP for example.

For Djinn: can he use PD 1 being all st and lenneth's infinite resources to regenerate MP on Sacred slayer? Any other bosses he could pull that on?

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2012, 07:49:14 PM »
Doing that on PD's first form is probably viable, since she's all ST magic and her damage on Sacred Slayer isn't going to outrace Lenneth's Heal. She can probably OHKO Jane, of course... but that gets likely handled by Invoke Feather to a degree. Being ST and slow pretty much limits how much of a strain she can put on the party's resources. Don't think this is viable for any other fight I'm familiar with, though (Xorn is way too fast and deals MT damage from the start, doing that with Isolde is -begging- for her to go nuts with Timed Cards and Grand Gaze connecting Slow is brutal as fuck. Even Myria, you probably don't really want her spamming the MT 5HKO because it kinda adds up and forces MT healing now and then).
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 07:52:33 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2012, 10:39:39 PM »
Team Pyro passes.  I don't take a particularly kind view to Reset but as Dhyer points out, he doesn't really need it.

Team BoF4 passes, floor 1.

Team Neph also passes.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2012, 02:15:04 AM »
I am going to give a tentative pass to Djinn.  Why?  As I see it, the problem fights for Djinn are Profound Darkness 3, Orphan, and Zophar.  Might Reinforce'd Lenneth does roughly 1 PCHP of damage a turn when not casting Heal, and her Strength is boosted, so call it 1.25 PCHP.  Sacred Slayer in full Turn Shift unload mode can spam Turn Shift three times over the course of a normal turn, which is slightly hampered by Sacred Slayer being slow by default, but it's still solid.  Call it +2.5 turns.  Backed by this kind of ferocious offense that just kills things quickly and the MP regen and the lower MP costs, Sacred Slayer isn't actually having that bad of an MP time - the fights are ending too fast.  3.5 Lenneth turns = an amazing 4-4.5 PCHP a round, can get even worse if Marco can afford to toss in a Turn Shift.  That's enough to eat only 1 Megid from PD3, and for Orphan, to not really give Orphan any time for status.  Marco can also easily build a Mana Break on PD1 or something then survive to keep it (unless Cancelling is seen as getting Mana Breaks?!  Maybe, there's stuff in RH that blows away your meter), so Marco blows his Turn Break on Orphan after hitting him into his Limit Phase, then Lenneth / SS unloads again in an amazing flurry of offense.  Even if somehow the team can't afford to heal up after Orphan's last unstoppable Merciless Judgment when he hits his Limit phase, Follow Me means that the team has time to heal up in an initiative round against Zophar, since the entire team should still be alive.

Interesting since you wouldn't think blitzing a ton of tanky bosses would get that far, but it looks like it should work...

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2012, 02:59:37 AM »
Does SS get all her MP back by stalling on PD1 to you, or does she not need to do that?

EDIT: Follow me is 8 MP, so I think Jane has enough for like 20 or 25 shots, which Is probably enough?

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2012, 03:44:35 AM »
Follow Me doesn't really matter that much in these slugfests (it would matter vs. say Zophar where you want to blitz him out super-fast and he's only got ~2 PCHP), I don't let it give any kind of ATB boost for getting extra turns (using it in-game LOSES you turns so meh to arguments that let it gain them).  As usual Sucker is probably better since I feel like being harsh on when Sacred Slayer starts getting turns. 

That said it doesn't actually matter, the key thing is that vs. tanky boss like Profound Darkness, turn 1 initiative isn't so key, but long-term damage output is important, and that is where Sacred Slayer shines.  If you want to do a lot of damage on turn 1, look elsewhere (a pretty horrible weakness normally in the Dungeon!).  However, if you want to be motoring out Lenneth turns from late turn 1 onward where Lenneth starts triple-turning+, Sacred Slayer is sweet.  Really shortens the slugfests to last two - three turns at most in general since Lenneth's ST damage output becomes kind of insane.  It's an interesting niche and one that normally doesn't pay off (who cares about delayed ST overkill) but a mass boss rush against a lot of tanks is the one case it is really solid.  This is why PD3 gets off like 1 Megid before dying.

Sacred Slayer can get all her MP back against PD1 so it does, not feeling like mathing out if it's possible without because why not do it.  Stat topic Sacred Slayer has 333 MP; let's call it 350 MP due to Floor 8 and being a tad overlevel.  She regens 7 MP per action and Turn Shift costs (32 * 3/4 =) 24 MP, so an effective 17 MP.  Assuming Sacred Slayer spends every single turn Turn Shifting, that's 20.5 Turn Shifts in the tank which should be plenty especially since not every turn need be spent TS'ing.