Author Topic: G'morning, 2013! - Post-Kopocalypse Sunshine Frolics  (Read 44010 times)

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Re: G'morning, 2013! - Post-Kopocalypse Sunshine Frolics
« Reply #600 on: September 11, 2013, 05:47:03 PM »
Tri-Ace is alive!!! Eeryone!! Tri-Ace is ALIVE!!!

Just... just why are they making the new Phantasy Star!?

Is it a new Phantasy Star Online title or are they going back to glorious offline RPG?

Cause that could be pretty cool. Link?

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 11, 2013, 06:23:53 PM »
It's a single-player game with co-op combat, not sure if it's 100% offline but it's not shaping up to be an MMO so I'm assuming it'll have, like, a plot and stuff, set in the PSO2 universe.  So...we'll see.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 11, 2013, 10:12:26 PM »

Wish I could call some of our eating idiosyncrasies "fads." Ever heard of "cronut" or "butter burger"? I'm sure both are delicious, but my word.

Truly you have moved to the south and embraced it.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Idun

« Reply #603 on: September 12, 2013, 12:27:11 AM »
It's a thing that came from NYC proper and that's a thing that came from Wisconsin. I would consider Texas "South" in terms of pace/relaxation/suburban reliance on cars and heat, but more Southwestern really. I want to check out Houston because I hear it's p. dope. There's a train possibly connecting Austin to San Antonio in the near future as well.

Also, people try to be really weird here, and the weirdos are diet-loving hipsters coming from the New England area or Arizona/California. Seriously, I've never seen so many tattoo'd people in my life. There are good things here, more than Boston and at the cost of Atlanta/Durham. But always being able to go to a lake or pool almost year-round and float with beers? Get at Austin, bro.

Idun

« Reply #604 on: September 12, 2013, 02:17:17 AM »
Was finally able to catch the long-haired gray kitty that this apartment's previous owner decided to abandon. Separated Jack, well, since he hasn't fraternized with cats in a while. I -really- want to keep it, but I can't afford three pets and natural food diets/insurance/vet bills. So, I discovered that most of the animal facilities are no-kill here, one having a shorter duration than one that has a high adoption rate for cats. So I'll take him/her to the latter tomorrow & check in to see when the cat's adopted. If not, I like doing that whole -basic shots at the shelter- and asking friends if they want a cat afterwards.

I'm reporting the previous apartment renter for animal cruelty. Awful. I swear, some people shouldn't have pets.

Edit* Oh crap (and weird) OK! ): Sorry!

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 12, 2013, 03:39:09 AM »
Edit* Oh crap (and weird) OK! ): Sorry!

Refined essence of a conversation with OK right there.  I wish I had that level of skill with language to so perfectly distill point down to 6 words and an emoticon.

Idun

« Reply #606 on: September 12, 2013, 05:45:54 PM »
Directions: feel like an asshole after posting happy success story, remember you never replied to sorrowful story.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #607 on: September 16, 2013, 10:41:08 PM »
Real life trends that make me feel old:
Bathroom graffiti still exists, but now people carve responses to it like they're on Facebook. I literally just saw one that says "Fuck the KKK" followed by another one that says "Like" with a bunch of checkmarks in different pens after it.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 16, 2013, 10:46:53 PM »
Bathroom graffiti still exists, but now people carve responses to it like they're on Facebook. I literally just saw one that says "Fuck the KKK" followed by another one that says "Like" with a bunch of checkmarks in different pens after it.

Kids these days have no respect for the great art of bathroom graffiti.  Why back in my day we used to just write our phone number and an indication that good times can be found on this number.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 18, 2013, 05:46:02 AM »

Some of the best arguments I saw in college were written on bathroom walls.  Apparently sitting down to using the bathroom is conductive to debates on religion and personal freedom, who knew?
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 18, 2013, 08:10:35 AM »
More fat guy body horror.  What is this why do I have a lump!!!!  Oh that is a muscle.

WHy is there a raised line on my arms??????? Oh that is a vein. 

Then getting to feel like a moron having to google "why do veins stick out" to find out that it is a heat sink technique.

Idun

« Reply #611 on: September 19, 2013, 03:01:48 AM »
Expected more from you, Bruce Banner.

Idun

« Reply #612 on: September 19, 2013, 11:40:22 PM »
Headed to DC in October for Smithsonian event!

goingtodcgoingtodcgoingtodcgoingtodc . .  by far my favorite place next to Chicago. YES. I GET TO EXPERIENCE CHANGING WEATHER! *FIST PUMP*

edit* meaning I can legitimately eat pumpkin/spiced/cider/apple things without feeling like a seasonal heathen.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 20, 2013, 09:28:49 PM »
Welp, my attempts to be a fucking adult have once again proven fruitless and that all I do is lie to myself constantly.

Try to go to a Crossfit thing a fair ways away from where I live in the morning.  I don't drive.  I plan travel route, avoiding a bus I know is inconsistent, picking one that comes with higher frequency, plan to catch one earlier just in case, but the next one will get me to the train station in plenty of time.  The trains here are pretty consistent and okay, I have like 10 mins leeway from there to catch the bus I need to get to the destination and the bus starts its route at this stop.  So I should be pretty covered.

Miss the first bus, second bus no shows.  Have to ring someone with a car.

Idun

« Reply #614 on: September 21, 2013, 04:40:09 AM »
Did you get your ios7 update yet?

And to think, I just started understanding this phone

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: September 21, 2013, 04:47:18 AM »
A bit of girl talk for ya'll.

In general I am pretty happy to shop inexpensively, pinch pennies where necessary...

But there is a NEW VICTORIA'S SECRET IN VANCOUVER!! Yay!

I have gone through this cycle where every few months I will shop for bras at some other place and they will inevitably become unusable due to either a warped latch or torn latch or tear or broken strap so I will pull out old VS ones. This is the kinda shit you need quality for, and even though I sniff my nose at their very sexual advertising and prices, I can't disagree with the fact that both in Oklahoma and in Vancouver, their product is just vastly superior to anything else I have found.

So I shelled out some moolah, but now I am happy.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 21, 2013, 04:52:11 AM »
Not yet.  I will wait for it to notify automatically so that there is chance for day 0 bugs to be resolved.

Idun

« Reply #617 on: September 22, 2013, 04:49:36 PM »
C ~ I ~ A ~ T ~ O

#twerkforamerica
#twerkforscience
#puresmex

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 22, 2013, 04:59:48 PM »
I will do many things for science, my love~

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 22, 2013, 08:51:33 PM »
Would you do Meatloaf at Karaoke for Science?

« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 09:17:15 PM by Grefter »

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 23, 2013, 05:10:03 PM »
3 Good things in a row happened today.  Nothing major...well, one of them arguably is.

-Aunt had an extra 3 day pass to Comic-con which she is willing to give to us.  This means I can go on Saturday as well as Friday/Sunday.  Annoyed I had to pay more but I can probably pawn off the extra tickets to Jeff or something and get some money back.

-Car passed inspection, don't have to get it inspected for another year!  Why another year and instead of two years?  Apparently the 1 Year Extension was a mistake to send to us, though because I had the sticker, authorities couldn't hassle me, just means instead of another 2 years between inspections, I have one for the next one.  That's minor; what's more important is it passed, so don't have to get anything done on the car and bring it back there.

-Pretty much got confirmed that I'll be able to substitute in my home town district this year again, after they pulled out of the organization I was working with, so yay to close proximity jobs or something!
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 24, 2013, 06:19:16 PM »
Professor: A Master's degree is an excellent next step. Get one of those.

Me: Okay. Do you have suggestions, other than what's on my list already?

Professor: Sure. Try (Program #1) or (Program #2), and maybe if the faculty there looks good (Program #3). But make sure to avoid the British schools. They treat international students as cash cows, and I haven't met a student yet who comes out of that without additional debt to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars. Not a good proposition for pursuing a PhD in English.

Me: Sure, I agree. I'll look into it.

Two hours later...

As I already suspected, US Master's programs are no better about treating students like cash cows than British schools are. Why on earth would it be "better" for me to pay $45k tuition + living expenses in one of the biggest cities in the US than for me to pay $30k tuition + living expenses in a smaller (but admittedly still expensive) city in England?

:|
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots

Idun

« Reply #622 on: September 25, 2013, 06:20:54 PM »
I will do many things for science, my love~

+

panties

This. This, this. This equinox I've seen how fast I could fall in a month's duration.

And no, handling school readings (although it is a sea of words) is manageable. But I came home last night after a poetry slam (seriously was upset at the lack of diversity in topics and problems white women have that I could not empathize with; seriously I'm amazed at the rocks people live under, welcome to the belated 21st century!) and, I mean.. my house was a wreck. A pure wreck.

I haven't fully unpacked yet. Kitty litter needed changing; hyperactive dog bouncing off the walls; dishes in sink even though I have a dishwasher (what's that?), toilet rolls fell out of cabinet and onto floor; my bed isn't a bed, it's more of a bookshelf; what started off as a bookshelf became a stackable legos design; although I have hangers for every single piece of clothing, I had clothes all over my walk-in closet; unopened mail that really needed to be opened UNDERNEATH TWO PIZZA BOXES (I hate pizza, but I've been living the low fast-read crappy-eat life); I open the fridge and all I have are carrots and half a bottle of water, some old zucchini and a can of cat food; then I trip over my bicycle I happened to leave in the middle of the living room. Then I start my period. Then I look for panties.... and they WEREN'T THERE. BECAUSE ALL MY PANTIES ARE DIRTY. All in three hours. I pretty much sat still on my bed, twiddling my thumbs and I got a text message to which I dramatically responded just like this big wall of text.. then I had my first late night visit by someone I don't know all-too-well who's helping me get my shit together.

My mom would be so disappointed. I normally keep my house/pets pretty fucking immaculate.

I need a man at home. :| Because when he helped me out, holy shit.. my floor is clear! I CAN WALK IN MY APARTMENT. Probably not gunna get a text today. Or maybe.. I dunno.

#twerkforphd
#twerkforarthistory
#twerkforhobnobbing
#twerkforpanties
#twerkforscheduling

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 25, 2013, 07:43:50 PM »
What kind of white lady problems? Did any of them slobber over Sheryl Sandberg? Honestly, as a working class white girl, I find a lot of white lady talk alienating myself. :p

#twerkforpanties
#twerkforscience

Am I doing this right? ;)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 07:48:33 PM by Luther Lansfeld »

Idun

« Reply #624 on: September 25, 2013, 08:33:27 PM »
mmm you see, I chose not to say "white women problems" and picked "problems white women have." lots of slam poetry's where people draw inspiration, like being an orphan, raped, separation from family... but the less crowd guilting ones talk about things like grocery shopping or politics---

but all the white women talked about being powerless because they were afraid to "use their voice," all in instances where their friends died of progressive abuse, rape, drug addiction, etc. but it was never about their friend, it was them trying to reconcile the fact that they were dipshits; fiction or not, the narratives were way too narcissistic and p. borderline exploitative. seriously. all of them all had the same stories. so that night i chalked it up to problems white women have AND lack of creativity. those white women. but I was also sort of hinting at the fact that white chicks approach me like racism is a new thing, ignorance and all that.

you're doing it right
#twerkforfriendship
#twerkforavoice