Author Topic: What Games Are You Playing 2013?  (Read 182403 times)

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
Re: What Games Are You Playing 2013?
« Reply #300 on: January 30, 2013, 08:36:42 PM »
I figured it had run its course as a conversation so no worries.  But you should totes open the vaults and graveyard Zerg them for treasures.  Totally worth it.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 31, 2013, 01:38:34 AM »
Suikoden Tactics was remarkable for its unhealthy obsession with goats and fishes.

Strange Journey no Fusion challenge:

I love this game for making me use the three moira sisters as the best possible team configuration in a boss fight!
It's a shame randoms aren't as exciting as bosses at all, late in the game. I thought this challenge could change this... But nope.

Moloch is the usual fireplace boss that's only there for Tonfa. He's weak against ice. OMG.

Orcus is cool. And terrible.

Jack's a bastard. He can use Pure Blue (remove debuffs+heals half of his max HPs) and badass gun attacks at will. He also joins with two buffed Pisaca, who can inflict Bomb, contender for one of the worst status ever. (One hit to a bombed PC = That PC dies and does mega damage to the whole team = Rocks fall, everyone dies)
I got a gun resist vest on MC, a Kaiwan with a fire spell (Pisacas being weak to fire), Ose with a pretty allright physical attack, and a very frail Halphas back from earlygame because he was the only guy with Tarukaja and Rakukaja.
Strategy: MC keeps Halphas alive with items / removes bomb status, Halphas spams Raku then Tarukajas, the two others focus on Picasas.
Even with the Pisacas dead, Jack remains an annoyance. He used Pure Blue 5 times in a row once. I didn't even use any debuffs on him. After all the demons were dead and only MC remained, Jack pretty much stopped using Pure Blue though. Gun resist vest by then = Easy win.

Asherah = Another battle where demons are dead meat. Here though, they're useless from the very beginning of the battle! Asherah loves to inflict MT rage on the team. This doubles attack and make PCs attack each other but not themselves. In 2 or 3 turns everybody but the main character is dead. (And by then getting hit by rage is actually a good thing for obvious reasons)
Fire resist vest + Bead spam = Obvious victory

Tiamat (Spoiler: She's your mom) has:
1) Ice attack #1
2) Ice attack #2
3) Ice attack #3, MT, heals Tiamat according to how much damage was dealt
4) MT physical
5) Luster Candy, boosts all stats
6) Super mega awesome attack that replaces Luster Candy once all stats have been maxed.  (This should be avoided)
7) Pure Blue, which can here only be used if she has a debuff on (This really should be avoided)

So I used Clotho, Lachesis and Atropos there, not necessarily for their skills but mostly because they resist ice. Clotho also brought some healing, and Lachesis could use buffs. MC came with an ice resist vest and did all the damage. The key here is to not get stingy with items:
1) a few Bead Chains (Full MT healing) after MT physicals because Clotho's healing just doesn't cut it before buffs
2) a few Chakra Drops (MT restoration) because Tiamat is tanky as hell
3) A few Dekaja Stones to remove Luster Candy.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 31, 2013, 09:40:06 AM »
Luster Candy

Not sure if typo, mistranslation or legit.  Don't care.  10/10.

Persona 4: The Golden - Okay so after P3P I had high hopes for P4, but was close enough to the release of Golden that I held off on that.  Then I had like 1 billion games to play last year so I was slow to start this.  I don't regret waiting.  P4 Golden was a fantastic game for me to sit on until a stressful time at work.  It has its ups and downs, but the ups are well worth the downs I think. 

The only truly downs part of design it has left I think is main PC death = game over thing.  It really doesn't need to be there.  They go so far out of their way to make it a non-issue.  Sure it gives you a nice safety blanket reward for rank 9 S.Links, but it is just that; a safety blanket that doesn't really have much benefit in the grand scheme of things.  By the time you unlock it unless you made a direct attempt to get it on someone early game you only have a dungeon or two left.  Even then it really doesn't matter.  Between Homunculus and honestly straight up out leveling randoms if you redo dungeons for quests and bonus bosses it makes ID a not big deal and generally speaking I didn't find character death from normal sources much of a worry.

Outside of the first dungeon or two SP really isn't a big deal.  Especially once you get Hermit rolling.  Even by rank 3 or so in Golden I found Fox SP healing more than manageable in my budget.  It is Compendium that chews up your money.  Connecting your Vita to the net and using SOS system is a big part of that early on though.

Also honestly, dungeons just drag in general.  Cut them down to 6 or 7 floors and I think they would have hit a sweet spot lengthwise.  It is pretty aggravating if you get your side quests out of synch with areas that have bonus boss.  Going back to 3 or 4 dungeons in a run instead of 2 is just ergh.

Defaulting characters to automated control when they first join is stupid, but whatever, it isn't a systemic issue.

Otherwise, the character work is really good.  The dating sim aspect feels really pared back and it does feel more slice of life than creepy suicide pact pokemon like P3 does.  It helps that the characters are way stronger.

On that topic, generally the party characters are strong and Dojima and Nanako are both amazing.  So I will cover off party members who I liked most first I guess after noting that I have family members around Nanako's age so have a real soft spot for kids that age these days.

Best party member early game, definitely Chie.  Chie through and through would be my favourite if not for an ensemble darkhorse at the last minute.  Sopko insists she is Milhouse.  This is true.  I don't care.  She is a sweet kid and while her S.Link is weak as hell the arc there does tie into how they wrap up her character arc.  Without that S.Link OH NOW I WANT 2 B A COP would just be kind of flat.  Still in character, but no real impact.  Chie is pretty win.  Harem ending with Chie makes me bad and feel bad, so mission accomplished.

Then suddenly Naoto.  Last time I posted I had just recruited her and was saying I was worried that the whole Kanji crushing on her aspect would kind of kill the gender identity aspect of the character.  I still feel that it is a bit of a cop out just there so people who are giant pussies can do the mental gymnastics for Kanji and her if they aren't romancing Naoto (FUCK the choice to be all "Nah I like you as a girl").  That said, if you do the sane thing and just be all "Just be how you want to be, whatever mang you are banging whatever you want to be" is pretty bang on with my own feelings.  She is a strong intelligent well rounded character that genuinely struggles with her intelligence, her desire for maturity and to have a youth of her own.

Not to mention her taste in clothes is fucking awesome.  Argyle sweater vest?  Hell the fuck yes.  Tartan slacks?  All day long. 

But seriously, Naoto is fantastic and easily my favourite.  The moment that sealed it is the sequence where they throw the last red herring for who is the killer before they are all IT WAS ACTUALLY GODS IN YOUR BRAIN AT FAULT.  Just before Yosuke is picking Option 3 all the way she has like 1 line.  She is clearly on board with the whole scenario and she has one line.  She points out that there is a TV and if someone went in there they might not come out.  She leads the whole discussion there without telling anyone to do anything.  Fantastic.

Also did I mention that she is totes banging?

Yukiko is pretty good in scenes where she and Rise are being mega bitchy to each other.  Rise I think is okay in principle I guess?

Outside the party and main characters.  Devil, Moon and Death are all good.  Temperance needed way more Option 3 obv.  Devil is good because I know entirely about burning out over work, Moon is good because it does the "Be yourself!" special episode arc with a soft touch (But really shouldn't have had a romance branch to it, but definitely should have had the fake romance branch it did).  Death is good because while most of them are dead now, the women I knew from that generation were all pretty much crazy resilient and human like this and all get mad respect from me and I miss talking to them. 

Also now that I have a bit more distance.  I picked Drama Club for Sun link.  I hear Music club is even worse.  OH MY GODS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to a romance plot Social Link with the option worse than Yumi.  This also didn't really need a Romance plot.

Kanji and Kou though both totally did need Romance routes though (I was Soccer, so was technically more Daisuke plot?).

So uh I haven't really talked about the game other than some niggling mechanics and I LIEK THESE POLTS.  It is hard to describe, but I guess I could say this as a kind of praise.  If you get a Vita, you should probably get and play this.  Some of you should only play it once (elves and ciatos), but I would recommend it to you even knowing your opinion of what you saw of P3.  P4:G does some of the same things, but it does them so much better.  Also isn't a fucking beta release like the original P3 version we saw and hate on so much.

P4.  It is pretty good.

Option 3 is always Put It In

While I had no power and no lights to read I played a ton of Magic 2013 on my iPaid.  Just played Chandra's deck the whole time.  It is kind of neat playing in a smaller pool of cards sometimes since the smaller microcosm of cards has a much tighter scale of power.  I would still love some of the features of the old Infrogames release though.  My little brother is always hating every new attempt at Magic on a PC because it doesn't have a big long quest mode where you build up your deck from battling and doing quests and shit; which don't get me wrong was hellas fun in Shandalar; but I don't think it is necessary in a $10 or $15 release.  For the price of 3 boosters you get a whole lot more Magic than you get out of 3 boosters.  Specifically what I would like to see (and would shell out for as DLC) is Sealed Deck tournaments or Draft of some kind (sealed deck I would prefer but know is not really a supported format any more).  That would probably muscle in on Magic Online's territory too much though and cost sales theoretically, so boo to that.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 31, 2013, 10:41:31 AM »
Legit.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 31, 2013, 10:45:39 AM »
Paying the fox was a serious drain on my resources in P4 vanilla. Maybe they toned that down in P4:G?

Remind me who Temperance was? Was that the housewife you do daycare for or something? I didn't have time to do more than get started on that one.

Naoto owns.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 31, 2013, 12:57:32 PM »
They did tone down fox is my understanding.  More discount with ranks.  Temperance is daycare.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 31, 2013, 07:21:56 PM »
Enjoying the P4 posts  :)

Appreciate the Chie, Nanako, Dojima and Naoto hype. Needs more Brosuke though *makes a wild Gate call*~

Thanks Ciato~ I don't know if I would be any good online but I would love to try sometime :), I think I need to get a wireless hub or something though since the last time I connected my 3DS to the internets it disappeared from my laptop~

Star Ocean 3 - Thanks to Xer who linked me, and inspired by Withhelde's SO3 speedruns I am having a go at another casual blitz through of the game. I've done one before on Earth and on Galaxy too I think but my times weren't the best they could have been. Managed around four hours or so on Earth if I remember right but yeah. I've learned a lot from watching Withhelde. So this is a Galaxy casual speedrun, segmented this time~

Saved before Biwig at 3.23.56.

Notes -

*Created/loaded battle trophy data but I'm not sure if this is an absolute must do - might save some seconds not doing it.

*Saved at first save point.

*Used Sophia's long O/MP damage for the first of the Incapacitators fight, switched to Peppita for short O/counter spam vs the rest.

*Played around with save/reload/redid those fights for figuring out which way to turn to find the right rooms on the Evac ship.

*No problems on the Herle, saved upon reaching Vanguard.

*This is where I start to lose time while using save/reload trying to find the best way forward for completing the map to collect the bunny as quickly as possible, etc and since I lose the bonus gauge built up from the Incapacitator fights I have to spend extra time fighting randoms to build up the bonus gauge for the bully fight as well, so I mess around with save/reload here until I'm happy but even on my best run getting the bunny took a bit too much time I think.

*Get the Triple Exp bonus from the bullies, and run through Norton, the Inquisitor fight and Giant Crab no problem, the latter two thanks to getting Blazing Sword after Norton thanks to the Triple Exp bonus, I also picked up the Fresh Sage, Jewel of Refuge, Medecentra Pyroxene, Worm Eaten Tome and Warrior's Bracelet. I get the Ripe Berries from Airyglyph then go to the shop and sell all my stuffs - Medecentra Pyroxene, Worm Eaten Tome, Decrepit Tome, Ripe Berries, Map Bunny and finally the Beat Up Text Book which I really didn't want to sell since it teachs characters AAA Stun and if you sell it only Fayt, Cliff and Nel get to keep AAA Stun but oh well I needed the moniiies, giving up the Beat Up Text Book gave the final push needed to be able to buy the Holy Sword from Airyglyph, which I went ahead and did.

*Equipped Fayt with Holy Sword and Warrior's Bracelet.

*I pick up a random 500~ in monies from Kirlsa, talk to the guy who triggers Nel's appearance in the graveyard then head to the Kirlsa mines. Earth Smasher is a joke thanks to Fayt's shiny new Holy Sword + Warrior's Bracelet combo with Blazing Sword, fight is over really quick. Then of course I screw up on the Hauler beast section and have to redo it, manage to take the hauler to the end the second time.

*Pick up the Multi Flask in Arias while skipping the events there, get the Jewel of Refuge in Arias Hills, then head to the Kirlsa training facility, the soldiers there at the start are rapidly dispatched with short X > Aerials. Saved here.

*Played around with save/reload for making the best way through this place, there's always at least one random that seems to get me though. Picked up the 10'000 from the cell next to the kitchen on the way. Beat soldiers, Shelby, etc with more shiny Blazing Sword. Again I don't get to take advantage of the bonus gauge here due to save/reload.

*Pick up the Cherubic Bust and something else,  another Jewel of Refuge I think on the way to Peterny. Trigger/skip the Peterny events including for installing Item Creation with the Craftsman's Guild, then save at the inn.

*Set up for Engineering and Lines at the workshop next to the inn to make some Tricky Duck Bombs and Duck Duck Bombs at the inn. Play around with save/reload with this until I'm happy then save again at the inn once I have my stuffs. Buy some Fresh Sage, Basils and Sages from the Retail Rabbit on my way to Duggus Forest but -completely forget- to stock up on Blueberries and Blackberries.

*Complete Duggus Forest, picking up the Limited Edition Doll for Stanice on the way, and I use a Jewel of Refuge to help with avoiding randoms here. The forced fights are a breeze with your Tricky Duck Bombs, once each for the old trees, then two for the Mudman. Again no Triple Exp perks though.

*Find Ameena, return to Peterny, go to Aquios, lose time while completely failing at trying to use the short cut upstairs with the ladder in the castle, since game/Fayt hates me and Fayt refuses to climb it, so no ladder for me. I have to take the stairs. Trigger/skip events, etc, remember to pick up the monies from the room where Elena is. Head back to Arias.

*Legion Dragons/Cockatrice/Airyglyph soldiers/Demetrio/Albel and the Black Brigade sequence. Ok, so this part is quick tricky on my run since while Withhelde managed to keep bonus gauges going and thus had Sidekick for Fayt by this stage,  I didn't. Also didn't have Ice Blade/Berserk for Albel and his soldiers either. So here's what happened. Managed to get past the Legion Dragons with a combination of my remaining Tricky Duck Bombs and Aerials. Made it through the copper mines to the save point before Cockatrice ok except for losing some time on the forced randoms since the lizards kept disappearing. Picked up the 15'000~ monies on the way as well.  Blazing Sword hax again took care of Cockatrice. Saved after that. Now this is where the sequence became tricky. I have no Blueberries or Blackberries left since I forgot to stock up on them in Peterny, I'm down to four Fresh Sages for revives and I'm still without Sidekick/etc. The Airyglyph stunlock brigade soldiers bring the pain. I do manage to make it through to the Demetrio fight a couple of times only with no revives left. I think under my circumstances it might be possible to complete those two fights in a row with the right amount of luck, etc but I don't want to wait for it. So I decide to use the workshop before the ride back to the entrance here. Reload my save, picked up the 20'000~ monies from outside again, get the Synthesis Material, etc and set the workshop up for Compounding. I decide to make some Might Tablets, Fruity Potions and Resurrection Elixirs here. Used up about ten minutes or so on the IC but it made the soldiers and Demetrio much easier to handle, then I was able to breeze the Albel fight without having to backtrack to use a save point as well =)

*Trigger/skip events, etc, remember to get Blueberries/Blackberries from Peterny eventually, do the war. No Berserk for Vox either but still a relatively quick fight thanks to Might Tablets. 

*Maria get, aww yeah. She learns Power Up before the Crystal Cerberus fight. Even with Power Up + Might Tablet for Fayt though that fight isn't over as quick as it should've/could've been. I really want Berserk by this stage. Rest of Kaddan, Kadden Vendeeni went ok, think I screwed up on the moving blocks once though. Remembered to get the 54'000 monies, Book of Prophecies and Synthesis Materials from Kaddan. Recruit Mackwell with the book when back in the castle.

*Going to Mosel, the Roundtable, etc was an easy stretch, didn't screw up getting through the desert/running out of water at all, or on the chess puzzles, etc. Picked up the monies in here, the Aqua Veil, then the Alchemist's Stone, Synthesis Materials and Smithery Materials on the way back to Peterny.

*An Albel get and onwards to Barr. Power Up and Aerial spam takes care of Blue Dragon Zombie. Still no Berserk for Fayt! I get through the puzzles fine in the Barr Mountain ruins and remember to pick up the Spirit Stone. Save before Robinwind. Ok bye bye Fayt it's Maria time. She manages to take Robinwind out in less than thirty seconds with Charge spam from a Pulse Gun, Warrior's Bracelet, War God's Symbol, Berserk and Power Up set up, it's hilarious, she totally wrecks Robinwind's MP with her Charge.

*I make my way through the lava place to meeting up with Vanilla then recruit Misty Lear with the Spirit Stone and return to Airyglyph to get the Glowstone. Save here. This is the time where Withhelde makes the Maria gun with Orichalcum and stuff but after I play around for a while with this trying to find the workshop in Airyglyph and trying to make Orichalcum but the game refusing to hit on the right price for making it, I decided I'd already used up too much valuable time earlier in the game to bother with using more for doing IC now. I'd also completely forgot about recruiting Stanice for the Brooches of Footwork so yeah.

*Return to lava place/Vanilla, get disintegration ring, save before Crosell. Takes a bit of resetting to pull it off but I eventually nail the first fight in under thirty seconds and the second in around a minute with powered up Scatter Beam spams. Fayt does fall on the winning run and Maria/Cliff take the EXPs.

*Vendeeni soldiers at start of disc go down hilariously quickly as well to Aiming Device spam.

I've scouted around some trying to work out the best way of levelling up Peppita for Power Dance, etc. I played till the Arkives Security soldiers which Peppita one shotted with her long O + shoots balls of ice triggering from her Spike Shoes to take out the entire group at once, I'd levelled her to L11 on a sole Enforcer on the way beforehand and she gained Power Dance after the fight. I reset though since I'd spent extra time remembering my way around the Aqualie, Moonbase, etc as well as trying to find the healing lady and the workshop on Moonbase, but then I decided trying to make an Orichalcum weapon there might not be worth it either so again I decided not to~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 31, 2013, 07:43:44 PM »
2nd OG: The game making life difficult is getting to be a trend. First the S44 SR Point, then Egretta in S45, now S46 has another skill point that demands more planning than almost anything else in the game so far (eight kills with Psychoblaster). But by the powers of save-scumming, friendship bonuses and twin spirits combined, I blew stuff up good and the rest of the level was cake. 50 kills for Russel, so I should be in line for the Best Secret Ever, too.
"Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
-Ponder Stibbons

[23:02] <Veryslightlymad> CK dreams about me starring in porno?
[23:02] <CmdrKing> Pretty sure.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 01, 2013, 12:41:48 AM »
Har? That SR is fairly easy. The only problem you might having is that you killed the grunts with critical when countering, results in not enough grunts to be killed by Psycho Blaster.

Those grunts has enough movement, so having enough of them in range should not be a problem. The only thing you really need to do is to move Ryune on that small island on the right first

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 01, 2013, 08:05:54 AM »
Picross e2 - played through

Was picross.

I am divided in my opinion on micross - it was an interesting idea, but in the end all you have is a lot of sections to fill out, and they're all pretty mindless. (Especially ones on the edge, which got as mindless as one section where all but two squares were auto-filled as empty, and both of the remaining squares needed to be filled in.) If the individual sections had been challenges in and of themselves, then the puzzles would have taken far too much time to fill out as a whole, and each section wouldn't really be worth the effort... feels like an intractable problem.

The Cave - played through x3

Didn't do any good endings, and I don't currently have any desire to play through again to start on them. I'm also currently missing two cave paintings for the hillbilly which I'm not going to be going after.

It's not that great of a game, sadly. The worst things are the sections you need to do on every run and ladder/rope handling. Ropes are worse than ladders because you can't jump up them at all, while you can normally jump up ladders unless there is something in the foreground for some reason (this also prevents you from jumping down them). This all adds up to the worst thing being the mine cart section which you have to do on every run and requires going up and down far too many ropes and ladders.

I think I would rank the character sections as follows: Knight > Twins > Monk > Hillbilly > Adventurer > Time Traveller > Scientist. With regards to character powers, I would put Time Traveller's as sometimes useful, Scientist's as occasionally useful, Monk's and Twins's as theoretically useful, and Knight's, Hillbilly's, and Adventurer's as not useful (outside of their own character sections).

Also needed sceneskip.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 01, 2013, 12:42:00 PM »
RS3 - Stat topic work continues. Compiled all default equip notes, from which now I'm gathering effective durabilities. Fear Fairy's 1.44 pdur. Also, overrated badly how much worse the best storebought epee is than the game's best epee (which is limited) - a whopping two point difference (28 to 30). Which is, quite frankly, more of a testament on how much epees suck.

Also, a question for Niu: how are the elemental resistances/weaknesses tagged in armors tiered? It's pretty obvious that the levels of resistance are documented in-game, but I have no idea how much of a bonus/penalty they impart other than them obviously having different levels of effectiveness (Tatyana's Teddy Bear imparting mild Cold resistance, Snowman's Eternal Ice rendering him nearly impervious to the element, etc.). Can you shed some light here? Also, am I right in assuming the "anti-air" weakness tag on Fairy means anti-air skills have a Slayer effect on her, thus making that damage ignore defense?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 02:01:49 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #311 on: February 01, 2013, 04:12:56 PM »
RS3 elemental equipment symbols:
Blue Star: Defense = 128
◎ Double Blue Circle: Defense × 3.0
○ + Blue Circle and Plus sign: Defense × 2.0
○ Blue Circle: Defense × 1.5
△ Red Triangle: Defense × 0.5
× Red Cross: Defense = 0

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 01, 2013, 04:25:52 PM »
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss

Also explains the instances of Leonid getting gloriously OHKOed by Sunshine.

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 01, 2013, 04:32:08 PM »
Har? That SR is fairly easy. The only problem you might having is that you killed the grunts with critical when countering, results in not enough grunts to be killed by Psycho Blaster.

Those grunts has enough movement, so having enough of them in range should not be a problem. The only thing you really need to do is to move Ryune on that small island on the right first

I went up instead of right, possibly because I miscounted how many grunts would be able to reach me if I went right. That in turn meant I had to hit both of the dodgier Guarlion types without Strike.
"Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
-Ponder Stibbons

[23:02] <Veryslightlymad> CK dreams about me starring in porno?
[23:02] <CmdrKing> Pretty sure.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 01, 2013, 06:49:11 PM »
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss

Also explains the instances of Leonid getting gloriously OHKOed by Sunshine.

Another thing you mgiht want to know. 128 def=elemental immunity. It doesn't matter how you stack up to that 128, as long as you hit that number, you are immmuned to that element.

And yes, Fairy is airborn, so all anti air techs auto critical on her.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 01, 2013, 06:52:23 PM »
That I also knew from bruteforcing Avnas testing, yes. One thing that I might want to clarify with Djinn/Niu, though: the multiplier applies to the -equip's- defense or to the -total- defense? That changes the effects substantially - an equip with 15 Defense and a x3 defense tag would yield 45 Def if it was just on the equip, but if it applies to the final defense value, counting all equips, it could lead to easy immunity to a certain element just by intelligently stacking armors. In-game experience wants to tell me it just applies to the equip itself, but I'd like a more informed decision than simple muscle memory.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 06:53:54 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 01, 2013, 06:58:16 PM »
Yes, those tags applies to the specific equip they are tagged on really.
And honestly, they aren't really a multiplier at all.
It is just a sign telling you, hey, the actual defense value assigned is higher or lower than it looks on the surface because SaGa loves to keep everything invisible.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 01, 2013, 07:00:09 PM »
FE13 - Designed the main character and then did Chapter 1. Trying not to play too much until I do the book reading I want to do. :p

MK7  - Just trying to complete 150cc. I miss the babies.

Double Dash - played a bit of this with friends, fun as always. :)
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #318 on: February 01, 2013, 07:05:36 PM »
Argh! I pre-ordered the FE13 special addition 3DS, but it's not arriving at my Gamestop until fucking TUESDAY! RAGE!!!

I guess it gives me time to finish SuikoEmblem, at least. :(

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 01, 2013, 07:21:38 PM »
bloo bloo the bloo blooest

At least you're not condemned to buy it imported for 4x the price tag or waiting until July.

Also, Niu: owns SaGa Frontier equip documentation. RS3 is so much cleaner in that regard.

EDIT:

Quote from: Baby Ciatos
I miss Baby Daisy.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 07:27:26 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 01, 2013, 08:35:02 PM »
It's not that great of a game, sadly. The worst things are the sections you need to do on every run and ladder/rope handling. Ropes are worse than ladders because you can't jump up them at all, while you can normally jump up ladders unless there is something in the foreground for some reason (this also prevents you from jumping down them). This all adds up to the worst thing being the mine cart section which you have to do on every run and requires going up and down far too many ropes and ladders.

I started this last weekend and yeah, would second those complaints. It does have Ron Gilbert humor though, which doesn't always work for me but works often enough. I am actually surprised at the dysfunctional personalities hiding behind the goofy character designs. Definitely the case with the three I picked, guessing it extends to everyone.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 01, 2013, 11:54:13 PM »
FE12: After trying to take a map slowly, the map decides to throw EVERYTHING AT ME when they were immobile for the first 8 turns or so.

...this leads me to just blitznig the end of it.  I manage to kill all the enemies I was hoping to kill anyway as a result of how I approached it, HUZZAH!

That said, Chapter 9, here I come or something!

DMC1 Fresh Hard Mode: Beat Griffon 3.  Only died once to him, and that was due to getting a little too cocky with meteors and such.  Second attempt, did what I did against Griffon 1 and worked for the most part.  Having fought Nevan a lot in DMC3, his new move in this form ended up being fairly routine to dodge <_<
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 02, 2013, 12:21:50 AM »
Bought a Vita with Assassin's Creed budnled. PSP catalog I've completely missed + maybe a few cool games? = Sold.
I need Gravity Rush and a less crappy memory card though.

Cladun: I've played one hour and writing is a bigger turn off than in FF13. I think I'll just skip any cutscene from a NIS game from now on.
Hmm. Gameplay isn't terrible but I expected something more RPG-ish. As of now it feels more like the easiest puzzle game, with numbers.
I really don't like how characters level up differently if they're a main or sub.

Patapon: On the other hand this is so good I'm probably going to buy the three games. The music is already forever stuck in my head.

Assassin's Creed Liberation: Great sightseeing game as always.
Multiplayer looks like an abomination.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 02, 2013, 12:41:46 AM »
FE13 - I don't like that rescue is still gone, and I really don't like ninja reinforcements. Otherwise this game is a lot of fun. Despite some hype otherwise it's clearly more like FE12 than any other past FE game but it's considerably better (writing not a total joke for starters), so yay.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 02, 2013, 11:58:52 AM »
Bought a Vita with Assassin's Creed budnled. PSP catalog I've completely missed + maybe a few cool games? = Sold.

How thorough is the backwards compatibility, anyway? I'm reading that Vita doesn't necessarily play every PSP title.