Register

Author Topic: What Games Are You Playing 2013?  (Read 186661 times)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: What Games Are You Playing 2013?
« Reply #975 on: April 17, 2013, 08:28:29 PM »
hahahahahahahahahaha
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 17, 2013, 08:44:48 PM »
Warframe - Laggy was someone that finally listened.  Good times are being had.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 17, 2013, 10:23:51 PM »
Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge: I wanted to be clever with the description of this game, but then laziness strikes and I just go "whatever, I'll be bornig" and so...

Just beat Mission 1.  The first Crystal Skull challenge has you fighting DOKU FROM NG1 WHAT THE HELL GAME!?  Looking it up, beating him just yields a double Karma bonus and I hate myself for trying so many times just to give up.  Sounds like finding all the Skulls gets you the same reward, just doing the entire challenge gets you more Karma.  Ok, that's fair or something.

Also...this game has actual Ninjaing.  There are times where you can actually stealth kill enemies by sneaking up on them and stabbing them through the heart.  I know, I'm as shocked as you are.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 17, 2013, 11:06:22 PM »
Captain K's Bizarre Adventure (Snes): The most stylish RPG, with the worst possible gameplay
I know nothing about Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and basically don't understand anything.

But seriously these battles don't make any sense.

EDF2017: Is irremediably stupid and breaks all the rules of modern shooting game design. (unlimited ammo, no health regen, weird health progression system, not "visceral" at all, slow main character)
I never expected to like it that much.
It somehow feels like the best combination of Borderlands and Mass Effect Multi.
There aren't a lot of enemy types, but the game hands the player cool different weapons like dopamine. And not boring randomized weapons like Borderlands, actual weapons you want to try.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #979 on: April 18, 2013, 05:53:59 AM »
MOAR POKEYMANZ: So I Pirated Totally Legit Traded in all the Legendaries/Event Pokemon that you can't get any other way and I've decided that I'm gonna attempt to fill out the 150 Stars of Destiny Tablet in this game seeing as how I haven't gotten to play a proper Suikoden in half a decade. It's not as fulfilling, but whatever, Victini's cute.

These "Plots" you guys described in RSE and DPPt are totally clarifying to me why people are hyping the plot of BW. It's not -good-, but at least it's not deargodwhut. I'm still not sure it was the direction to take this series since at least the deargodwhut sounds amusing. BW plot just kinda makes me see all the unfortunate implications the series has. It's like examining the Mario universe too closely.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 18, 2013, 06:40:12 AM »
Any plot hype from BW should be consistently reiterated as being good plot for the target market for Pokemon.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: April 18, 2013, 06:42:06 AM »
Mass Effect - Working on the Feros arc right now. I've found that the best strategy for beating Mako combat is just to ignore it, run everything over, and hope you aren't shot in the back. I'm finally getting a hang of the combat and I'm enjoying it well enough aside from the Mako. I like playing as a mage who throws people in the air and shit.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 18, 2013, 06:53:16 AM »
I don't know if I did it when I played through blitzkreig styles (and with a controller), but when I play on PC there is only like 1 bit where I even bother doing Mako combat.  Otherwise I just get out to shoot things.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 18, 2013, 06:55:48 AM »
I tried that and died horribly. So I gave up and decided to use the Mako. Sadly.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: April 18, 2013, 07:06:26 AM »
Your circle strafe-fu is weak and costs you XP and credits :(  Foot kills worth twice as much as car kills.

(This is broken and silly and not sure if intended part of design.  It really shouldn't be.)

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 18, 2013, 07:08:53 AM »
I tried fighting a giant, acid breathing monster in the Mako but that ended in me deciding to not do any sidequests today ;)

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 18, 2013, 07:26:29 AM »
You can get out of the Mako just as the giant worm is about to die to get those 1337 XP. I did it constantly.

ME2 doesn't have the Mako, it has the Hammerhead, which controls more less like a vehicle and more like a mascot character, in linear levels.
ME3 doesn't have vehicles.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 18, 2013, 08:21:31 AM »
Thresher Maws are pretty shitty to fight.  Moving the Mako so it is perpendicular to the worm and moving left to right while shooting at it lets you dodge the consistently (they lead their shots as though you will drive in straight line).  When they dig I tend to drive around a decent size circle just so you have some momentum I case they surface under you.  Plinking them with a pistol for that last sliver if health will get you like 2k exp and loads of credits.  Getting all of them on side maps (3 or 4) will easily net you a level worth of experience with the rest of the crap on the planets.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 18, 2013, 02:53:01 PM »
Lift is the greatest thing in the entire game.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 18, 2013, 06:37:45 PM »
I <3 playing as the Adept, especially now that I discovered I can send my hapless allies to scout out enemies for me. Magics are fun~ Only problem is that I don't really want to use Liara because I am already an Adept, and I like Liara.

I found out that I apparently have to kill two of my bros because I'm too lazy to do a sidequest. The good news is that it is the two lamest party members anyway. But it might change my future Mass Effect experience???

Right now I am being peer pressured by my friend to save the lives of Feros people with sidequests, but that's so much effort, saving people. God.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: April 18, 2013, 06:40:05 PM »
Right now I am being peer pressured by my friend to save the lives of Feros people with sidequests, but that's so much effort, saving people. God.

<Ciatos> I liked eugeny better when I was making anime fantasy people bang

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: April 18, 2013, 06:42:40 PM »
I don't really do sidequests in many games! They often give paltry rewards for big pains in my ass.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: April 18, 2013, 06:48:01 PM »
I know! But :non-sequiturthedralwaddledee: applies. That and letting a whole race die for reasons of :effort: is such an Ice Cream Popess modus operandi too. =)

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: April 18, 2013, 07:59:31 PM »
Indeed. Well, they are going to die because of evil scientists, and who doesn't love evil scientists, anyway?

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: April 18, 2013, 08:51:07 PM »
But the good scientist is trying to save them later on and he is the best character.  Goddammit Renegade route in ME3 :(

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: April 19, 2013, 12:14:08 AM »
Hmm, sorry if I offended anyone over the SO4 mages, I didn't mean to imply they were really bad or anything, they are definitely fun and effective in many ways during the game =) As mentioned I did have Lymle and Sarah as part of my main team, and I did try Myuria out as well especially in the post game as well where I really gave everyone an extensive whirl for the most part. I don't remember for sure but I think I might have somehow picked up a couple of really nifty weapons for Meracle at some stage like the Dragon Claws from I think the arena and the Bigfoot Claws from IC while Lymle was like stuck with the wand from the Mega Insect Warren or something for absolutely ages so there was a large discrepancy between INT and ATK if I remember right and combined with Meracle Berserk + Focus + Critical Hit Support + Blindside Beat S there was a notable/sizeable difference in offensive output. Like I said I picked up Meracle's 99'999 trophy and other damage trophies pretty early =)
The Dragon Claws come with Increases Critical Hit chance too which is neat~

Part of the reason Reimi is so good is if I remember right, I could be wrong since it's been a while since I played so correct me if I'm wrong, is because critical hits break No Guard and enable juggling/interruption/etcs during enemy Rush, which in the long run in my experiences was something Meracle became very good at as well especially with her juggling skills =) She does have flaws like the low HP and general fragility on the AIs though~

Anyway PS3 version is supposed to arrive tommorow, looking forward to seeing the differences there =)

Tales of Graces F Back at postgames. I has the king. I died. Asblooo~
Chaos mode, not real good at playing anyone other than Cheria or Sophie >.>

"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 19, 2013, 12:59:12 AM »
There is no need to apologise for being right.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: April 19, 2013, 05:19:38 AM »
Dragon Claws are indeed a pretty cool weapon, and not too hard to get if you do colosseum stuff, and especially if you do bunny races~. Critical hits feel a touch overrated based on my testing so far, but I'll reserve judgement until I'm done. Still, no real question that Meracle should end up pretty good on damage, possibly even the best. I don't think it's by enough to justify her weaknesses in other areas (you brought up her durability but I think the lack of range or crowd control is a bigger deal, she doesn't really do much besides punish single targets and even that relies on risky maneuvers). That said this is one of the really good things about SO4: despite the fact that the characters play very differently there's very solid overall balance, such that depending on what you're looking for almost anyone can be good. (not sure about the NG+ PC)

Dark Souls - Beat some wolf with a giant sword, this is by far the coolest enemy design Dark Souls has come up with. He was pretty easy though, by DS boss standards (which is to say less resets than anything since Capra Demon). Especially once I realised I had some ring which jacked up three key stats a whole bunch in exchange for... my not being allowed to remove it or it breaks? I can do that. Going through the Duke's Archives, died to some plot fight apparently. Dum de dum. So far Fudo's statement about the harder half of the game is not being born out!

FE7 HHM - Okay, the game gets harder around Pirate Ship or so, pretty legit stuff there. Currently up to Kinship's Bond, the defend Nils map. Raven is so broken.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: April 19, 2013, 05:45:50 AM »
Mass Effect- Feros completed. I am currently Level 23, the boss fight thing was pretty fun since it was just a series of regular fights.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: April 19, 2013, 05:08:44 PM »
Dark Souls - Beat some wolf with a giant sword, this is by far the coolest enemy design Dark Souls has come up with. He was pretty easy though, by DS boss standards (which is to say less resets than anything since Capra Demon). Especially once I realised I had some ring which jacked up three key stats a whole bunch in exchange for... my not being allowed to remove it or it breaks? I can do that. Going through the Duke's Archives, died to some plot fight apparently. Dum de dum. So far Fudo's statement about the harder half of the game is not being born out!

In fairness to Sif, you could've fought him at any time (I always do it after the DLC, though--it changes the cutscene). As much as I love the music/aesthetics of that fight, yeah, it's one of the easiest in the game. All you really need is a 100% physical shield, because that's all he's got. That said, I agree with Fudo's statement only insofar as it applies to DLC bosses and the Tomb of the Giants. Most of the second half bosses were much easier for me.

I don't suppose anyone's already directed you to the game's various secret areas? (Asylum revisited, Great Hollow/Ash Lake, Painted World of Ariamis, Daughter of Chaos bonfire, and DLC are all various degrees of FAQ-bait. Players were typically good about leaving messages to clue other people in about these, but online activity may have died down by this point.)