Author Topic: RPGDL 2012 Season 3 Week Final and Rankings  (Read 2885 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
RPGDL 2012 Season 3 Week Final and Rankings
« on: January 08, 2013, 04:17:03 AM »
Godlike

Thanatos (Secret of Mana) vs Cid Raines (Final Fantasy XIII)

Heavy

Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)

Middle

Palom (Final Fantasy IV) vs Peter (Shining Force II)

Light

Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts) vs Rinoa Heartlily (Final Fantasy VIII)

RPG DL Rankings

For this game, please vote to either Rank or Reject the game.  If more than 50% choose to rank, the game will be available to nominate in future RPGDL seasons.  If more than 50% choose to reject, it will be removed from further ranking consideration.

Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (12/19)

(If you were wondering, the criteria here is that Lufia got a new player since last season unlike the other games that were 'meh'd' last time around.)

Data Mine

For the following games, first indicate if you have played them or not, and then if you would like to consider them for future Ranking or Reject them from future consideration.

Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Pokemon Black/White 2
Final Fantasy Legend II
Lufia: The Legend Returns
Riviera: The Promised Land
La Pucelle: Tactics
Final Fantasy XIII-2
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Re: RPGDL 2012 Season 3 Week Final and Rankings
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 04:41:22 AM »
RPG DL Rankings

For this game, please vote to either Rank or Reject the game.  If more than 50% choose to rank, the game will be available to nominate in future RPGDL seasons.  If more than 50% choose to reject, it will be removed from further ranking consideration.

Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (12/19)

Played. Not a great game in general, but it has a few good duelists, and more legal forms for the Sinistrals is always good! Sure, Rank.

Data Mine

For the following games, first indicate if you have played them or not, and then if you would like to consider them for future Ranking or Reject them from future consideration.

Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals - Played. Due to the general lack of DL seasons these days, having a few more easy-to-interpret FE options doesn't really hurt. I wouldn't anti-vote it as a Ranking idea if it has enough players. So sure, Rank, but only on the condition that it has a large number of voters.
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - Same as FE6, Played, Rank on the stipulation that it has the playership.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - Not Played, but would support ranking anyway.
Pokemon Black/White 2 - Not Played, but would probably support ranking.
Final Fantasy Legend II - Played, and I really like the game. It has some unusual Guest PC builds and everything's well-documented. It has more fans than a lot of other ideas. Hell, with the remake, it even has -art- now, not that that's a consideration anymore. Rank.
Lufia: The Legend Returns - Played! More forms for Sinistrals? Sure. Seena/Wain? Sure. Everyone else... starts getting really unmemorable. Would support if it has the playership, but would strongly suggest that most of the cast generally not get nommed much. Leaning Reject?
Riviera: The Promised Land - Played. Small cast, fun duellers with lots of weaknesses. Can't hurt if it has the playership! Rank!
La Pucelle: Tactics - Played. The cast is pretty bland as duellers, but it'd be cool to get Prier and Salade in. If it has the playership, it can support getting nommed every once in a while. Rank.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Played. No stat topic yet, but even the English official strategy guide has formulas detailing everything, it would be easy to make one. I suspect it has the playership, but curious if there's any interest. FF13 certainly seems to be doing well. Needs discussion, but I would tentatively Rank it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 06:40:34 PM by DjinnAndTonic »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 04:49:11 AM »
Godlike

Thanatos (Secret of Mana) vs Cid Raines (Final Fantasy XIII): Seraphic Ray destroys Thanatos.

Heavy

Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria): Maya brutally crushes old damage Alicia, but loses to new damage Alicia unless Maya's durability is seen as quite good.

Middle

Palom (Final Fantasy IV) vs Peter (Shining Force II): Not that I have any faith this will be a majority vote, as this is one of Palom's easiest matches all season. Please go to Heavy Palom, it's clear that's where you belong apparently.

Light

Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts) vs Rinoa Heartlily (Final Fantasy VIII): Oh god Rinoa is faster and just plain 2HKOs.

Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (12/19): Reject because leaving the game ranked encourages people to play it, which is terrible.

Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals: Played, rank
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon: Played, rank
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky: Played, rank
Pokemon Black/White 2: Not played
Final Fantasy Legend II: Not played (well an hour 15 years ago)
Lufia: The Legend Returns: Not played
Riviera: The Promised Land: Not played
La Pucelle: Tactics: Not played
Final Fantasy XIII-2: Played, reject

Could be argued on ranks/rejects easily enough. The only one I'm confident in rejecting is FFXIII-2 which lacks a stat topic and doesn't lend itself well to one. FE I can see arguments for either way; easy to get FE'd out with too much but I figure if others feel strongly about that they can reject the game in my place. Trails is kinda bleh on interps due to the whole 'start with 100 FP = entire cast OHKOs those who are fragile' but I don't think that's enough for a reject.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 05:01:35 AM »
Godlike

Middle

Palom (Final Fantasy IV) vs Peter (Shining Force II)- Stop. Palom's a good middle, but he had a really lucky field to get this far.

Light

RPG DL Rankings

Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (12/19)- Played, rank. There are zero DL issues here.

(If you were wondering, the criteria here is that Lufia got a new player since last season unlike the other games that were 'meh'd' last time around.)

Data Mine

Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals- Played, reject
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon- Haven't played
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky- Haven't played
Pokemon Black/White 2- Haven't played
Final Fantasy Legend II- Haven't played
Lufia: The Legend Returns- Haven't played
Riviera: The Promised Land- Haven't played
La Pucelle: Tactics- Haven't played
Final Fantasy XIII-2- Played, reject. This is a terrible DL game, both for interesting duellers and being rankable.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 05:16:35 AM »
Godlike

Thanatos (Secret of Mana) vs Cid Raines (Final Fantasy XIII)- If Cid beat Rubicant (aka, Cid beats very durable very damaging people), he realistically has a very high Godlike/potential in game Light split (Not to say that he can't be nasty in game, just that he can easily be Light). Ick.

Heavy

Middle

Light

RPG DL Rankings

Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (12/19)- Played, Rank. Would say no or abstain but the game always did strangely well.

Data Mine

Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals- Haven't played, don't rank (Already hordes of this with better playership). Unless Djinn, is this somehow easier than other FE games to interpret?
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon- Haven't played, don't rank
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky- Partial play, rank (Don't think this has the playership, but if so worth taking to the next level. Unlike Lufia 3, this one could actually be a bit close. FYI NEB, at least based on the part I played I probably would not be starting at 100 CP myself. Could change later if there are mass obtainable items)
Pokemon Black/White 2- Haven't played, don't rank. I don't think this has a stat topic. I don't think it's prequel had a stat topic. And we did not even rank the gen before that due to lagging voter/playership!
Final Fantasy Legend II- Haven't played, don't rank
Lufia: The Legend Returns- Played, don't rank. I like the game duellingwise, but already know that this does not have the playership to have a basis for ranking.
Riviera: The Promised Land- Haven't played, don't rank
La Pucelle: Tactics- Haven't played, don't rank (But low votership and dull is a badly combo)
Final Fantasy XIII-2- Haven't played don't rank
...into the nightfall.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 05:23:47 AM »

Data Mine

Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals - Played. Due to the general lack of DL seasons these days, having a few more easy-to-interpret FE options doesn't really hurt. I wouldn't anti-vote it as a Ranking idea if it has enough players. So sure, Rank, but only on the condition that it has a large number of voters.
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - Same as FE6, Played, Rank on the stipulation that it has the playership.

To be clear, what I mean here is not "do you want to rank it RIGHT NOW", but more "do you want to reject it right now, or are you okay with it getting in down the road if it has players and passes a ranking test".  Basically I want to filter out the outright bad ideas as much as possible.

Quote from: Dhyer
Pokemon Black/White 2- Haven't played, don't rank. I don't think this has a stat topic. I don't think it's prequel had a stat topic. And we did not even rank the gen before that due to lagging voter/playership!

The DL didn't three years ago, no.  CKDL did, Gen 4 is totally ranked (and, if memory serves, has a player over Gen 3.)

But in general Please Don't Take Playership Into Consideration with Data Mining.  I need to know if you object to the game on a mechanical or quality standpoint, but the games are not actually up for ranking right now.  This is like a prescreening.  But like I said, if any of these games pass playership (currently 10 or more players) I'll go ahead and put them up for ranking next week.  But I don't think any of them will.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 05:27:51 AM by Cmdr_King »

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 05:48:49 AM »
Cid doesn't need Seraphic Ray.  He'd win this slugfest easily even without the ITD damage.

Heavy
I don't even recall which Maya form causes Alicia to care that much about her damage.

Light

Heal-locks.

Reject Lufia 1.  Haven't played.  (Well.  Technically played like an hour, whatever, yawn.)

Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals - No.
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - Yes, "rank" for great Jagen mockery, but as usual this is a game where CKDL rules are meh, so please don't nominate any of the hordes of bland filler nor the interp-headache bosses (Medeus is VP2 Lezard, Gharnef is just plain unrankable - loses to Zerase & Geno and that's it?!  Not a huge fan of the CKDL Ashnard "just pretend the armor isn't there" hack.).
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - Yes, rank.
Pokemon Black/White 2 - no.
Final Fantasy Legend II - no.
Lufia: The Legend Returns - no.
Riviera: The Promised Land - no.  (Okay the first 20 minutes, yawn, whatever.)
La Pucelle: Tactics - Yes.  Weak reject.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Yes but incomplete.  And hahahaha no reject.  Certainly the PCs aren't rankable, vaguely possible Caius is but I doubt it.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 06:09:38 AM »
I don't even recall which Maya form causes Alicia to care that much about her damage.

Last form has spammable 90% PCHP damage off above average speed once below 2/3 HP. Alicia can't handle that; if she spends more than one turn in Maya's limit range she's toast.

he realistically has a very high Godlike/potential in game Light split (Not to say that he can't be nasty in game, just that he can easily be Light)

Oh boo hoo, lots of Godlike bosses have "potential" to be in-game Lights. I seem to recall you argued Garan as Godlike in the past, who is off-the-charts in-game bad (slow boss with no OHKO or fatal status in SH2). Obviously I disagree about Cid being bad in-game, and given that most people have considerably more DL respect for Cid than I do I'd say I'm not exactly alone. But beyond this, it's a petty thing to complain about. I could go through a laundry list of Godlike bosses I found bad in-game but it's not very productive because duelling worth is such a separate beast.

Maybe.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 06:49:18 AM »
I don't see why FF13-2 PCs are unrankable? Monster stats are readily available anywhere to make full cast averages, and Noel and Serah, while similar, would be perfectly rankable compared to the monster cast. They're also different enough in their stats and available skills even in their overlapping Roles.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 07:10:18 AM »
Monsters are uncontrollable guests akin to Lufia 2 capsule monsters (and half of them are in roles that can't even attack) and I wouldn't be comfortable either ranking them or considering them in the same averages as the PCs for what it's worth. As for the PCs themselves... I dunno, what would you see them with? They have the same three primary roles, though I can see the case for expanding it to four each since Serah has faster access to Saboteur while Noel gets faster access to Synergist. In theory someone could do a stat topic (although nobody has yet shown interest in doing so), and if and when that happens I'll strongly consider revising my vote, but the game gets a flat no until that happens.

I'm also not precisely inspired by the game as a ranking idea even if a stat topic ever does materialise. Serah and Noel are rankable enough, but kinda boring retreads of FFXIII PCs with lower vote draw so I'm not exactly enthusiastic about them. Monsters and bosses are both seriously problematic though (monsters I already touched on, bosses have the problems of FFXIII's + no mechanics guide + non-linear game so scaling issues).

Maybe.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 07:30:40 PM »
I would probably argue that the monsters should be in the average, but collectively as one third of the average with Serah and Noel taking the other two thirds.

I would also give them all their roles.  So they wouldn't be much different from each other.  Kind of a boring rank.

---

Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

---

Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (12/19) - Rank I guess.

---

Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals - Not played.  Abstain.
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - Not played.  Abstain.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - Partial played.  Abstain.
Pokemon Black/White 2 - Not played.  Abstain.
Final Fantasy Legend II - Played.  Reject.
Lufia: The Legend Returns - This is 3?  Not played.  Abstain.
Riviera: The Promised Land - Partial played.  Abstain.
La Pucelle: Tactics - Played.  Rank.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Played.  Abstain.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 07:39:55 PM by Talaysen »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 10:12:15 PM »
Middle

Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (12/19) - Rank, I guess.

Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals - Played, rank I guess
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - Played, rank I guess
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - Haven't played
Pokemon Black/White 2 - Haven't played
Final Fantasy Legend II - Partially played, reject
Lufia: The Legend Returns - Played, abstain
Riviera: The Promised Land - Played, reject
La Pucelle: Tactics - Haven't played, abstain
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Haven't played, abstain

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 08:07:44 PM »
Godlike

Thanatos (Secret of Mana) vs Cid Raines (Final Fantasy XIII) - VOTING RIGHTS WHOAMAMA

Heavy

Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) - Keeping with old Alicia for now.

Middle

Palom (Final Fantasy IV) vs Peter (Shining Force II) - Stop, Death, whatever.

Light

Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts) vs Rinoa Heartlily (Final Fantasy VIII) - Zhuzhen and people who 2HKO him first.

Not doing rankings on an iPhone, thank you.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 12:18:10 AM »
Godlike

Thanatos (Secret of Mana) vs Cid Raines (Final Fantasy XIII): You did well, Thanatos. Goodbye.

Heavy

Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria): Gram works. It's generally a fair enough weapon for the cast's Light Warriors (second best weapon you can have, which is... pretty much what everyone else is using).

Middle

Palom (Final Fantasy IV) vs Peter (Shining Force II): I guess FF4a Palom wins.

Light

Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts) vs Rinoa Heartlily (Final Fantasy VIII): Pretty sad.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 12:19:56 AM by Pyro »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 01:25:10 AM »
DHE: Thanks for the explanation.  Checking the stat topic, I see that damage figure is off assuming 36 FP, and I'd definitely take Maya's damage against something higher than that.  In-game you're busy killing her support credit at first anyway (which gets her some HP respect...), but by the time you're attacking her (or most bosses that let you stall at all), your FP should be higher than turn 1 FP.  And if WA3 FP is magically given to WA3 boss opponents, Alicia can certainly stall for 5 turns Healing while Maya's damage falls off....  not that I recommend this interp, but it's another reason to think that it should be more like ([100 + starting level] / 2) FP or something (which yes makes WA3 bosses suck a lot at damage, much like in-game).  Or maybe the FP of a WA3 team on turn 3 if they spam attacks instead as another happy medium.  Anyway her damage against 1/1.68 = 1220...  you say your HP was just under 1700 (Meeple claims ~2100), so that would be ~.72-.75 PCHP.  That's actually still potentially deadly given that you note Calamity Jane has high variance, but I think Pyro's notes give me enough Alicia damage respect to think Maya doesn't have enough time to get lucky here.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 05:04:24 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (12/19) - Rank it

Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals - Haven't played, rank it
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - Haven't played, rank it
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - Haven't played, rank it
Pokemon Black/White 2 - Haven't played, rank it
Final Fantasy Legend II - Played it, rank it
Lufia: The Legend Returns - Played it, rank it
Riviera: The Promised Land - Haven't played, rank it
La Pucelle: Tactics - Haven't played, rank it
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Haven't played, abstain

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 10:56:45 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (12/19) - Reject

Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals - Played, rank
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - Played, rank
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - Not played, abstain
Pokemon Black/White 2 - Not played, abstain
Final Fantasy Legend II - Might as well be not played, abstain
Lufia: The Legend Returns - Not played, abstain
Riviera: The Promised Land - Not played, abstain
La Pucelle: Tactics - Not played, abstain
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Not played, abstain

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 02:48:51 PM »
Godlike

Thanatos (Secret of Mana) vs Cid Raines (Final Fantasy XIII) - There's some argument for Thanatos to sit in hand form the entire time, but no.

Heavy

Middle

Palom (Final Fantasy IV) vs Peter (Shining Force II) - Can Peter one-shot Palom? Nnn... I guess not.

Light

Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts) vs Rinoa Heartlily (Final Fantasy VIII) Ugh.

RPG DL Rankings

Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (12/19)   -- Rank

Data Mine

Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals - Played, rank
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - Played, Rank
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - Played, rank
Pokemon Black/White 2 - Haven't played, abstain
Final Fantasy Legend II - Played, rank!!
Lufia: The Legend Returns - Haven't played, abstain
Riviera: The Promised Land - Haven't played, abstain
La Pucelle: Tactics - Haven't played, rank
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Haven't played, rank

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 12:31:17 AM »
Heavy

Middle

Light

Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals- I have played, rank it.
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon- Haven't played, rank it.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky- Haven't played, may play soonish????, sounds good to me
Pokemon Black/White 2- Have not played, don't care
Final Fantasy Legend II- Have not played, f no
Lufia: The Legend Returns- wtf is this, no
Riviera: The Promised Land- haven't played, um, I don't know?
La Pucelle: Tactics- Have barely played, don't care
Final Fantasy XIII-2- I can vote on it, surewhatever, rank the FINAL BOSS!
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 12:34:56 AM »
Note to self, Pyro has played Trails, XIII-2, La Pucelle, and Lufia 3.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 08:44:31 AM »
Godlike

Thanatos (Secret of Mana) vs Cid Raines (Final Fantasy XIII)- No vote.

Heavy

Middle

Light

RPG DL Rankings

Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (12/19)- ... 'kay up to this point I'm getting something like 7/10 in favor of ranking so... yeah.  Rank

Data Mine

Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals- Played, Rank
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon- Played, Rank
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky- Played, Rank
Pokemon Black/White 2- Not played, rank
Final Fantasy Legend II- Not played, reject
Lufia: The Legend Returns- not played, reject
Riviera: The Promised Land- played, reject
La Pucelle: Tactics- played, rank
Final Fantasy XIII-2- not played... mmm.  Rank I suppose.

I'm going to wait until I get a few more folks to weigh in on rankings.  If snow could get a real computer that'd be swell.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 08:46:03 AM by Cmdr_King »

WanderingMind

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 05:04:00 PM »
Light

Data Mine

Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals - Haven't played, rank.
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - Barely played, rank.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - Haven't played, rank.
Pokemon Black/White 2 - Played, rank.
Final Fantasy Legend II - Haven't played, rank.
Lufia: The Legend Returns - Haven't played, reject.
Riviera: The Promised Land - Played, rank.
La Pucelle: Tactics - Haven't played, rank.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Still need to finish, rank.

MalcolmMasher

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 08:56:06 AM »
Tournament

No votes.

RPG DL Rankings

Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (12/19) - Reject. Sinistrals have other forms, I don't consider anyone else memorable or interesting.

Data Mine

Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals - Played, rank. Not an interesting cast, but it has some characters I like.
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - Played, rank. I want to say it's clearly a worse ranking candidate than FE6, but at least FE11 got released overseas.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - Not played, abstain.
Pokemon Black/White 2 - Not played, rank.
Final Fantasy Legend II - Played (never beat it though), don't rank.
Lufia: The Legend Returns - Played, rank. Speaking of other forms of the Sinistrals...
Riviera: The Promised Land - Not played, abstain.
La Pucelle: Tactics - Not played, abstain.
Final Fantasy XIII-2  - Not played, abstain.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 09:18:49 PM »
RPG DL Rankings

Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (12/19) - Eh, reject. Getting people to play Lufia 1 is terrible. By the way, I played it.

Data Mine

Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals - Played, rank. It's completely inoffensive in the boiling of eggs. Kinda boring, but eh, curse of the FEs.
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - Not played, abstain. Feels clearly worse as an idea than SoS in most fronts. Don't think I should decide the course of how this one goes, though.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - Not played, abstain. Maybe one day I'll try it out.
Pokemon Black/White 2 - Not played, don't rank. I don't think we have enough BW1 playership, let alone 2.
Final Fantasy Legend II - Not played, don't rank. Seriously? Seriously?
Lufia: The Legend Returns - Not played, don't rank. Dude, no.
Riviera: The Promised Land - Not played, abstain. Don't give a shit, honestly. Its playership won't ever go up either.
La Pucelle: Tactics - Not played, abstain. More on that "don't give a flying fuck" ship.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Not played, abstain. I'll bother when I actually play this one.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 06:09:26 AM »
Godlike

Thanatos (Secret of Mana) vs Cid Raines (Final Fantasy XIII)- iiiiiiii

Heavy

Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3)- ii vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)- iiiiii

Middle

Palom (Final Fantasy IV)- iiiiiiii vs Peter (Shining Force II)- ii

Light

Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts)- iii vs Rinoa Heartlily (Final Fantasy VIII)- iiiiiiiii

Rankings

Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (12/19)  rank- iiiiiiiii  reject- iiii total- iiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Data Mine

Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals  player- djinn, elfboy, super, random, twil, neph, ciatos, ck, malcom, snow,    rank- iiiiiiiiiii  reject- iii
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon player- djinn, elfboy, snowfire, random, twil, neph, ck, malcom,     rank- iiiiiiiiiii  reject- i
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky  player- elfboy, snowfire, neph, pyro, ck,    rank- iiiiiiii  reject-
Pokemon Black/White 2  player- wandering,      rank- iiiii  reject- iii
Final Fantasy Legend II  player- djinn, tal, neph,     rank- iiii  reject- iiiiiiii
Lufia: The Legend Returns   player- djinn, dhyer, random, lance, pyro, malcom,   rank- ii  reject- iiiiiii
Riviera: The Promised Land  player- djinn, random, lance, ck, wandering,    rank- iii  reject- iiii
La Pucelle: Tactics   player- djinn, tal, pyro, ck,     rank- iiiiii  reject- ii
Final Fantasy XIII-2   player- djinn, elfboy, super, tal, ciatos, pyro,     rank- iiiii  reject- iiii

Mulling over ranking results.  Will post again shortly.