Author Topic: Tourney of Random CKs Week 3  (Read 897 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Tourney of Random CKs Week 3
« on: February 11, 2013, 09:04:07 PM »
Event #9- The Random Turnabout

A needlessly complex event, so you know I did it.  A paired event, the first team take the role of a murder suspect and Phoenix Wright, respectively.  The second team consists of the star witness who actually did it and Miles Edgeworth.  For purposes of comedy, suppose the lawyers are in a Quantum Leap scenario, where they are actually stuck in the bodies of their respective attorneys and will have to navigate their everyday lives in addition to the trial portion.

Our innocent accused today is David Xanatos.  He probably doesn't even need a lawyer.  Our Phoenix Wright is Moiraine Damodred.  Make of that what you will.
Our real killer is Xander Harris.  Xander will be playing against type today, although there's a certain comedic satisfaction to it.  Miles Edgeworth will be played by Tibarn, the Hawk King.  Oddly I find Tibarn easy to imagine as an AA prosecutor.

Event #10- Calm the Angry Mob

In a terrifying alternate universe, the NHL Lockout never ended, and so all of Toronto rose up to besiege the home of Gary Bettman.  Since US law enforcement can't be assed about Hockey, instead the Commissioner must call upon special negotiators to save his life and property.  Success in this event is determined by who would end the riot with the least amount of property damage and injury.

... HA.  Our contestants are Erim and the Devourlord.  Good luck universe.

Event #11- Calvinball

Oh yeah.  Eric Cartman vs Julius Belmont.

Short Form

10. The Random Turnabout: David Xanatos (Gargoyles) and Moiraine Damodred (The Wheel of Time) vs Xander Harris (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Tibarn (Fire Emblem Series)
11. Calm the Angry Mob: Erim (Lufia Series) vs Devourlord (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters)
12. Calvinball: Eric Cartman (South Park) vs Julius Belmont (Castlevania Series)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Tourney of Random CKs Week 3
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 09:13:42 PM »

10. The Random Turnabout: David Xanatos (Gargoyles) and Moiraine Damodred (The Wheel of Time) vs Xander Harris (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Tibarn (Fire Emblem Series)- Tibarn is somewhat competent but out of his element. Xander is out of his element. They are against Xanatos and Moiraine in a situation that requires scheming and plotting. CHECK PLEASE
11. Calm the Angry Mob: Erim (Lufia Series) vs Devourlord (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters)- Erim is shown to be able to use nonviolent methods and control her powers as needed. The Devourlord is completely incapable of this.
12. Calvinball: Eric Cartman (South Park) vs Julius Belmont (Castlevania Series)- See Random.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:20:40 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 09:16:47 PM »
10. The Random Turnabout: David Xanatos (Gargoyles) and Moiraine Damodred (The Wheel of Time) vs Xander Harris (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Tibarn (Fire Emblem Series) - Tibarn goes mad being stuck in the body of a scrawny beorc and forced to navigate legal bullshit. Easy win for Moraine and Xanatos.
11. Calm the Angry Mob: Erim (Lufia Series) vs Devourlord (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters)
12. Calvinball: Eric Cartman (South Park) vs Julius Belmont (Castlevania Series) - I think Belmont just beats him up. I mean, I can't recall any rules in calvinball that say you CAN'T just beat up your opponent...
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 09:17:43 PM »
10. The Random Turnabout: David Xanatos (Gargoyles) and Moiraine Damodred (The Wheel of Time) vs Xander Harris (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Tibarn (Fire Emblem Series) - Well this sounds like a godstomp.
11. Calm the Angry Mob: Erim (Lufia Series) vs Devourlord (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) - Wins by killing fewer people?
12. Calvinball: Eric Cartman (South Park) vs Julius Belmont (Castlevania Series) -
[16:15] <superaielman> (I almost think Cartman is too much of a turd to playh the game, but I doubt Julius is at all suited to the event. Though he could say the rules are 'slay evil' and throw holy water on cartman)
[16:16] <RandomKesaranPasaran> Well thanks for deciding my vote there

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 02:24:08 AM »
10. The Random Turnabout: David Xanatos (Gargoyles) and Moiraine Damodred (The Wheel of Time) vs Xander Harris (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Tibarn (Fire Emblem Series)
Xander is not entirely bad here - I'm thinking of the episode where he gets mind-controlled by Dracula, which plays out similarly to Phoenix Wright games - he gets caught in some ridiculous lie, but then evades it with some smirking, oh he's obviously trustworthy Dahlia-style, next questioning phase please where Moiraine must drag out the next contradiction.

However Tibarn (even in his natural form, which by Harvey Birdman rules is probably fine) is really not competent at this.  This is the guy who is all pissy about Zelgius and wanting to settle up with him when everything to his knowledge is that Zelgius is an ally. That and Xanatos, by reputation, would have various time bomb bits of evidence scattered around that seem to implicate him but when foolishly rushed on by Tibarn, turn out to actually exculpate him and make Tibarn look foolish.  Yeah.

Even if the goal was a more general "Deal with the angry mob," I'd give this to Erim, who even if both picked violent resolutions would be more likely to slay just the Canadians rather than the hockey commissioner as well a la Devourlord.  Explicitly making it "calm" makes this a blowout.  Also:
http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=250

12. Calvinball: Eric Cartman (South Park) vs Julius Belmont (Castlevania Series)
I'm not sure Julius is clever and/or dishonorable enough to IMMEDIATELY hit on the fact that he can change the rules to be lethal, but Cartman is annoying enough that Julius will want to kill him soon enough anyway, and then it's all downhill from there.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 03:12:45 AM »
The Random Turnabout:
David Xanatos (Gargoyles) and Moiraine Damodred (The Wheel of Time) vs. Xander Harris (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Tibarn (Fire Emblem Series)
Haven't played any of the Phoenix Wright games. Don't know anything about Quantum Leap. Barely understand the rules of this match. Don't really feel like thinking about this.

Calm the Angry Mob:
Erim (Lufia Series) vs. Devourlord (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters)
Devourlord showing restraint? Ha ha ha ha. That's a funny joke.

Calvinball:
Eric Cartman (South Park) vs. Julius Belmont (Castlevania Series)
At the end of the day, Calvinball is still a sport. As such, it requires some degree of physical activity and athletic prowess. That's bad news for Cartman. I say it takes about 40 to 45 seconds before we hear, "Screw you guys, I'm goin' home."

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 11:50:49 PM »
Xanatos
Erim
Cartman

A bit too lopsided this time. Still fun, though.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 07:57:42 AM »
In a clean sweep, Xanatos, Moiraine, Erim, and Julius move on.   Well I guess Cartman got one vote but ANYWAY.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.