Author Topic: Tourney of Random CKs Week 4  (Read 867 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Tourney of Random CKs Week 4
« on: February 18, 2013, 08:09:48 AM »
Event #12: The Iron Chef

The classic battle of culinary skill, each contestant will have one hour to prepare 5 dishes from today's secret ingredient.  Each contestant will be judged on taste, presentation, and creativity with the secret ingredient.  Today's secret ingredient is... FOIE GRAS!

Our contestants today are David Xanatos and Moiraine Damodred.  Both are people of taste and refinement, and so will have a basic understanding of fine cuisine, but can either cook?  Does Randland even have foie gras?  These are critical questions.

Event #13: Watch Paint Dry

The ultimate test of sanity.  Each contestant will be placed in a circular room with a single chair.  The walls of the room will very slowly rotate, while directly behind the contestant, out of sight, painters apply fresh paint to the wall, forcing the contestant to watch it dry.  Should a contestant fall asleep, an alarm will sound until they return to their task.  The winner is the contestant who goes the longest without losing control and smashing their way out of the room.

The Sinistral Erim, the Vampire Hunter Julius.  The ultimate test awaits them.

Short Form

Event 12- The Iron Chef: David Xanatos (Gargoyles) vs Moiraine Damodred (The Wheel of Time)
Event 13- Watch Paint Dry: Erim (Lufia Series) vs Julius Belmont (Castlevania Series)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Re: Tourney of Random CKs Week 4
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 01:05:00 PM »
Xanatos actually seems like cooking would be in his skillset, and again, being from an Earth-based dimension, certainly knows what Foie Gras is.

Erim has that whole immortality thing going on. Waiting for long periods of time is probably something she'd be good at, and at least she doesn't have to worry about growing old and missing out on much. Julius... the only argument I can think of involves how he's been known to get amnesia so maybe he'll forget he's been sitting there very long?

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 05:25:13 PM »
Event 13- Watch Paint Dry: Erim (Lufia Series) vs Julius Belmont (Castlevania Series) - I'm sure there's a very snarky comment one could make about this.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 06:26:33 PM »
Event 12- The Iron Chef: David Xanatos (Gargoyles) vs Moiraine Damodred (The Wheel of Time)- Good question. Moiraine was born in a palace and did not grow up knowing how to cook. That said, it is shown that she did gain some ability in cooking from her time in the White Tower her time wandering the world. Xanatos has the opposite issue- he grew up poor and likely learned how to cook, but has not had much motive to cook since making his fortune.  Both are excellent schemers and both are likely to be overly prepared just in case.

I *think* Moiraine takes this offhand due to access to the One Power and being able to use it to precisely prepare dishes, but gah. Not sure.

Event 13- Watch Paint Dry: Erim (Lufia Series) vs Julius Belmont (Castlevania Series)- Erim being immortal seems like it would give her the match. She does scheme for the long term, that is for sure.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 06:35:28 PM »
Event 13- Watch Paint Dry: Erim (Lufia Series) vs Julius Belmont (Castlevania Series) - I'm sure there's a very snarky comment one could make about this.

Well, Erim is certainly well-acquainted with Lufia 2 puzzles and gameplay...
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 10:39:28 PM »
Xanatos & Erim.

Foie gras is evil stuff, it's one of the rare foods I refuse to eat (and I'm not a vegetarian, think growth hormones given to cattle for more milk is efficient, etc.).  Thus I will apply my own moral scale and believe that Xanatos, being a villain, is more willing to do something interesting with it and is more familiar regardless.

I don't think Julius can summon the amnesia on demand.  If this was Charlotte or Shanoa, who have to occasionally sit back in the bonus dungeon and restore MP so they can spam Heal, maybe, but not Julius.  Erim, meanwhile, is immortal and can pretend this is a puzzle that requires patience.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 02:18:20 AM »
The Iron Chef: David Xanatos (Gargoyles) vs Moiraine Damodred (The Wheel of Time)
Watch Paint Dry: Erim (Lufia Series) vs Julius Belmont (Castlevania Series)

I can't think of anything clever to say that hasn't been said already, so meh.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 05:43:17 PM »
The Iron Chef: David Xanatos (Gargoyles) vs Moiraine Damodred (The Wheel of Time)
Watch Paint Dry: Erim (Lufia Series) vs Julius Belmont (Castlevania Series)

I can't think of anything clever to say that hasn't been said already, so meh.

This
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 07:23:38 PM »
Oops right, meant to bonus this into Futurama.  Well a week won't hurt.

Event 12- The Iron Chef: David Xanatos (Gargoyles)- iiii vs Moiraine Damodred (The Wheel of Time)- i
Event 13- Watch Paint Dry: Erim (Lufia Series)- iiiiii vs Julius Belmont (Castlevania Series)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.