Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 107  (Read 1735 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 107
« on: March 08, 2013, 11:22:06 PM »

"I am beginning to think I have given you mortals too many toys! I'll have to take them away soon at this rate!"

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------
**Full Heals reset limit and other types of gauges when teams pass through them.
**Characters that join after the start are locked into the relative stats they have at that time until they would officially join.

Team Random | Yuna, Lucian (MT), Shiho, Rune and Mew
[Mew:  Psychic/Flamethrower/Reflect/Safeguard]
Floor 5a: Alpha Numbers
Team Random vs. Alen, Alena and Alex (Lunar)
Team Random vs. Dehuai, Delita and Dekar and Dean
Team Random vs. Bo, Bow, Bowman, Boyd and Borgan
Team Random vs. Nash (S3), Nash (Lunar), Nanami and Naesala
Team Random vs. Barubary, Barbarossa (VP1), Bartre and Bart Fatima

Team Dune | Tir, Orlandu, Maxim, BoF3 Nina and FFT Priest (SSL)
[Floor 6b: Overachievers]
Team Dune vs. Ashera and Sephiran
*Full Heal*
Team Dune vs. Katrina and Charlton Blunt (XF)
*Full Heal*
Team Dune vs. Castle Exdeath and Gilgamesh
*Full Heal*
Team Dune vs. Loki and Surt
*Full Heal*
Team Dune vs. Izanami and Adachi

Team Super | Ted (MT), Zerase, Chemist, Ninja, Tia
[Floor 6a: Underachievers]
Team Super vs. Hugo (RH) and Viola (RH)
Team Super vs. La-ilim 2, Crystal Skull and Undead Dragon 2 (G3)
Team Super vs. Augus, Habaruku, Aruhamel and Barubary (BoF2)
Team Super vs. Samille, El Jackson, Rupert (XF) and WA4 Tony
Team Super vs. Cid Raines (FF13) and Cid Bunansa (FF12)

Team dude | Rika, Elincia, Mew, Yukiko, Nall (Elemental Advance)
[Mew:  Return, Blizzard, Reflect, Explosion]
Floor 3b: Divide and Conquer
**On this floor, any characters that lose their battles may not be used on the final two fights of the floor.
Rika vs. Guv (no Call Team)
Elincia vs. Krin and Karn
Yukiko and Mew vs. Rand, Ox and Momo
Team dude vs. Shadow Yukiko
Team dude vs. Berle

Status Symbol Law - Team is fully status, debuff and ID immune, but has damage done to them increased by 1.1x and damage done by them decreased to .9x.

Multitarget - One person on the team's actions all become Multitargetted. However, the damage of regular attacks, the healing of all spells that restore HP or MP, the status rates of status spells or attacks and the effect of buffs or debuffs (rounded down to the nearest half point in the case of Pokemon) is reduced by 33%. (Deadly Fingertips has a 67% chance of inflicting ID for example) Moves that were originally MT are not affected by this. This sealstone may be moved. In the case of revival, this affects the amount of HP restored, not the chance of revival occuring. Moves that have two types of effects (healing + buffing) are both decreased.

Elemental Advance - Elemental weaknesses are removed for both the player and enemy team. Elemental spells and attacks cannot be absorbed, resisted, or nullified by enemies. If an elemental weakness were normally hit by a player character, that character may cast that same spell again against ONLY the targets that are weak to that spell.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 12:55:25 AM by Nephrite »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 107
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 11:28:11 PM »
Neph, I think you forgot to update Mew's moveset.

Rika
vs. Guv (no Call Team): Eliminate
Elincia vs. Krin and Karn: Karn triggers counters, we'll say Krin doesn't due to long range. Elincia has Amiti now so her damage should be pretty good. She should 2HKO both. Basically she has to take 1 hit from Karn and 2 from Krin before she can equip a stave and regen back her health which she does easily especially considering that Karn's crit rate is reduced due to Elincia's high luck. Krin's damage is so bad it's easily outpaced by Mend+Renewal regen. Stun or evades make this even easier for Elincia.   
Yukiko and Mew vs. Rand, Ox and Momo: Explosion deals MT overkill damage to everyone on the field, but the key point to this fight is that it's also evadable. Miori Shirt Yukiko has 65% evade so she should dodge the first hit. Rand and Ox might be able to survive with a bit of health left due to their great HP, but Yukiko is around to finish the job. If you don't see Yukiko as dodging the Explosion, if you allow her Endure she should be able to survive the hit and finish off with Maragion or whatever. Even if you see Yukiko and Mew losing this fight, Elincia and Rika should have a decent chance of beating the last few fights by themselves.   
Team dude vs. Shadow Yukiko: Rika sets up buffs early on and Shadow Yukiko struggles to do any damage at all past Saner and Deban. Even without Yukiko and Mew the team should get past this.
Team dude vs. Berle: Another boss who relies on physicals. Deban and Saner make him weep. Rika might be running low on resources if Yukiko and Mew weren't around for the last fight, but she only needs enough to cast Deban once. Elincia can handle all healing after that. 

Edited to include third fight.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 01:13:07 AM by dude789 »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 12:41:32 AM »
Team Random vs. Alen, Alena and Alex (Lunar) - Alena does something and then Lucian/Rune bring the pain.
Team Random vs. Dehuai, Delita and Dekar and Dean - Dehuai/Delita don't threaten enough and Dekar/Dean are useless.
Team Random vs. Bo, Bow, Bowman, Boyd and Borgan - Kinda interesting but I think Rune/Mew help to exercise too much control over this and Borgan doesn't really keep up with Shiho healing by himself.
Team Random vs. Nash (S3), Nash (Lunar), Nanami and Naesala - S3 Nash does something, what Lunar Nash does depends on whether or not Mew is actually faster with Safeguard at this point or not (it's... questionable now), but can't status Rune turn 1 (psyshield kills sleep/confuse, paralysis/stone fall short of the threshold to me) so he gets a turn to Diem Naesala anyways which goes through in all likelyhood, rest is cleanup.
Team Random vs. Barubary, Barbarossa (VP1), Bartre and Bart Fatima - Yuna/Shiho keep the bosses in check, Bart gets Diem'd and Mew one-rounds Bartre in all likelyhood.

Team Dune vs. Ashera and Sephiran
*Full Heal*
Team Dune vs. Katrina and Charlton Blunt (XF)
*Full Heal*
Team Dune vs. Castle Exdeath and Gilgamesh
*Full Heal*
Team Dune vs. Loki and Surt
*Full Heal*
Team Dune vs. Izanami and Adachi - I think SSL bites the team here.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 06:30:52 PM by Random Consonant »

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 12:55:09 AM »
Neph, I think you forgot to update Mew's moveset.

I sure did. Updated it.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 03:07:37 AM »
Team dude and Random pass.  The initiative Stone from Dehuai would potentially be dangerous but his support is too dang slow or sucky.

Team Super - the first two fights really fail, the third fight is potentially dangerous if super doesn't break out the nukes but he just does and trivializes it, and the 4th fight isn't too bad either as super just has to carefully kill Rupert at the same time as his cronies, easily done with a mix of ST & MT nukings.  Last fight is potentially problematic in that it takes forever grinding down resources, and then once Cid13 limits, he starts killing Chemist every turn, which drains Tia's MP for revival...  but think that super can finish the job before Tia runs out of MP, sure.  Cid's MT isn't htat impressive by and large.  So pass.

EDIT: How good was Tia's revival, though?  Can she revive Chemist to full?  If not, theoretically Cid might be able to go KO Chemist -> spam MT to keep Chemist down and kill the rest of the team eventually, or at least force Ted to use all his charges on MT healing, which slows the beatdown.  Probably still a Super vote, but just checking.

I'll let others look at Team Dune first.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 03:57:25 AM by SnowFire »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 05:13:48 AM »

Tir- Probably 1 Judgement, with SSL average Pdur and better Mdur, +1.3 SD
Orlandu- Also about average durability with SSL, probably about 80% damage to me (no Bracer), 167% Speed
Maxim- 90% Durability, Sluggish
N

Team Dune vs. Ashera and Sephiran- So....well, Tir can OHKO Sephiran. Orlandu...gah, small AoE versus Ashera. Well, you need to get out all of the Barriers, so I guess that is not working. Orlandu can take out...2 (the other 2 evade). The good is that Ashera is about overwhelming a team that can't easily MT heal or revive (And no damage done to Barriers=none reflected). The worry for team Dune...uh, so if Tir uses Judgment, he can't damage Ashera. Nina 3 can't get past her defenses, Priest can a bit but only when some space is cleared out and Maxim can, but not well (and if he using an IP as his "move" not constantly). This is a fight where you want good MT, good ST damage and good revival, but not really on the same people. If you see her doubling Maxim, ouch. Priest is locked in a revival chain, Orlandu is wiping out 2 Auras a round. Nina 3 and Tir just sit there. Also...arguably no Auto-Haste here (I guess it's during Nihil that it's nulled, but it's a weird sync)
*Full Heal*
Team Dune vs. Katrina and Charlton Blunt (XF)- So in this scenario, the whole combo attacks thing is play. I guess kill Charlton first, and then go after Katrina. The bad is that around the combo period, she does have 2HKO and like 180% speed there. If she gets into a point where she can double Orlandu, the team is going to be constanly working to revive him (he is the only sustainable damage)
*Full Heal*
Team Dune vs. Castle Exdeath and Gilgamesh- At least Gilgamesh is not scary here. Castle Exdeath opens with just OHKOing people (Tir is he goes before Tir, Orlandu otherwise). At some HP point he starts OHKOing two people
*Full Heal*
Team Dune vs. Loki and Surt- I think Loki gets a turn regardless, so they go and get Surt out (of course, aiming Judgement as Surt turn 1 means no Judgment for Loki which...causes issues too). But hey, Loki is painful alone, but can be handled since he is not wiping out Priest.Granted, Orlandu doing little, Priest needs to go offensive...it's trying to add up a lot of pitiful damage.
*Full Heal*
Team Dune vs. Izanami and Adachi- Izanami is scary. Mind Charge->MT OHKO. Priest can shell a few people. If they rush Izanami, they leave Adachi using 40% MT in the interim. It really feels like any fight here could go wrong. Tir can't contribute as much (1 charge, ID is out), Nina is Nina, Maxim spends a lot of time healing, Priest spends a lot of time chargingspells. Gut is some fight gets them.

...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 02:32:37 PM »
Snowfire: Valor was full revival.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 03:00:55 PM »
Team Random vs. Alen, Alena and Alex (Lunar): Alena gets a turn. MR Lucian KOs them all along with Rune.
Team Random vs. Dehuai, Delita and Dekar and Dean: Stone Checks make sure MR Lucian KOs everyone but Dehuai and maybe Dekar. Dekar doesn't get a turn regardless. Dehuai alone is no problem.
Team Random vs. Bo, Bow, Bowman, Boyd and Borgan: Only Bo goes before average here, and maybe Bowman? If they focus on Shiho they can probably off her but... it doesn't matter too much. Yuna revives and MT damage blitz anyway.
Team Random vs. Nash (S3), Nash (Lunar), Nanami and Naesala: Nash (Lunar) can status one person. Rune can Diem Naesala, Yuna can undo the status, Lucian hurts things quite badly and Shiho adds on to that along with having Heal/Normalize. If they go for the offense the healers revive it, if they go for the healers the offense takes em down and the other healer steps up to bad.
Team Random vs. Barubary, Barbarossa (VP1), Bartre and Bart Fatima: Bart would want do the accuracy debuff on Lucian if he can. Can the team stop that? if not... Barbarossa will Calamity Blast. If they can this isn't really a problem. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say Rune Diems Bart.

Team Dune vs. Ashera and Sephiran: Plentiful MT/area damage to bring to bear against Ashera/Sephiran. Both don't stand this level of assault.
*Full Heal*
Team Dune vs. Katrina and Charlton Blunt (XF): Charlton may beat Orlandu to the punch. But no status makes this quite unfortunate. Kill Charlton, then kill Katrina in a blitz.
*Full Heal*
Team Dune vs. Castle Exdeath and Gilgamesh: No status makes this sane. Kill Gilgamesh, then take down Exdeath while healing up as needed.
*Full Heal*
Team Dune vs. Loki and Surt: Judgement Loki. Surt isn't doing this alone.
*Full Heal*
Team Dune vs. Izanami and Adachi: Tir OKOs Adachi (or maybe with a tap for help). Izanami Mind Charges and is KO'd but still gets 2 more turns... Mind Charged Megidolaon will kill anyone not Shelled. Priest has enough time for... one shell pretty much? (accounting for charge times) No dice, everyone dies.

Team Super | Ted (MT), Zerase, Chemist, Ninja, Tia
[Floor 6a: Underachievers]
Team Super vs. Hugo (RH) and Viola (RH): Boom?
Team Super vs. La-ilim 2, Crystal Skull and Undead Dragon 2 (G3): La-Ilim and Undead Dragon can KO Ted. Chemist can revive him though, and Tia can heal. Ninja and Zerase can blow stuff up.
Team Super vs. Augus, Habaruku, Aruhamel and Barubary (BoF2): Blitz blitz blitz.
Team Super vs. Samille, El Jackson, Rupert (XF) and WA4 Tony: Rupert and Tony can off Tia. Zerase and Ted can KO most of them outright though, and Chemist can revive Tia. Kind of similar to the La-Ilim fight. I don't *think* they can KO both Tia and Chemist?
Team Super vs. Cid Raines (FF13) and Cid Bunansa (FF12): I'm torn on this one. Neither is scary at high HP, so they can control the fight by picking who to kill first. But the team lacks buffing and is in general frail. If Chemist and Tia die that is it.

I also don't think any of these enemies can KO both Chemist and Tia (which would be game).

**On this floor, any characters that lose their battles may not be used on the final two fights of the floor.
Rika vs. Guv (no Call Team): Eliminat
Elincia vs. Krin and Karn: Dodgy enough and can hit hard on both.
Yukiko and Mew vs. Rand, Ox and Momo: They are all slower than Yukiko? Would an MT fire spell along with Mew's offense KO something?
Team dude vs. Shadow Yukiko: Buff defense and healing handles this, along with Saner.
Team dude vs. Berle: Deban, healing. No dice, Berle.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 02:20:32 AM by Pyro »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 03:51:57 PM »
For Bart, Yuna can just Reflect Lucian and the rest of the party does the blitzing. Lucian -is- necessary to complete a KO to Barby, but Might Reinforce isn't.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 06:01:14 PM »
Calamity Blast is more or less a non-issue to me anyways, since Barbarossa can't spam it.  That said, see Snow, Yuna beating out everyone relevent and tossing up Reflect on Lucian makes Bart's accuracy busting irrelevent anyways, in which case the gameplan shifts to Mew going after Barbarossa, Lucian/Rune MT lollercoasters.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 06:36:58 PM by Random Consonant »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 06:13:56 PM »
Rika vs. Guv (no Call Team): Eliminat
Elincia vs. Krin and Karn: Dodgy enough and can hit hard on both.
Yukiko and Mew vs. Rand, Ox and Momo: They are all slower than Yukiko? Would an MT fire spell along with Mew's offense KO something?
Team dude vs. Shadow Yukiko: Buff defense and healing handles this, along with Saner.
Team dude vs. Berle: Deban, healing. No dice, Berle.

Pyro, did you bold the wrong side? You voted for the dungeon team, but your analysis seems to indicate that my team handles the last two fights. The third fight is the iffiest. I don't think Yukiko is faster than Momo, but Momo shouldn't be getting a turn. Explosion deals MT Overkill damag (like 260 to a 70 damage average) to everyone on the field including teammates, but with Miori Shirt Yukiko should dodge it and be able to finish off Rand or Ox if they lived through Explosion before they get a turn. 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 06:15:46 PM by dude789 »

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 02:22:00 AM »
Sure did. Didn't ever think about Explosion either. Cheap trick. I like it.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2013, 03:08:27 AM »
Sure did. Didn't ever think about Explosion either. Cheap trick. I like it.

Not really the floor to show it off due to the party splitting, but that's the general scheme for the team. Rika goes first and Saner's everyone boosting everyone's evasion to crazy levels. Mew Explodes, devastating the enemy team and whiffing all the members of my team and Nall revives Mew to set it all up again for the next fight. The three ladies and their exploding cat thing will surely conquer the dungeon!   

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 04:38:32 AM »
Tia has some buffing. Best of the defensive ones are Mirror and fake. Brave/etc aren't very useful at this point. Trick is good but my team leans more towards magic, so it doesn't 'get much use. What I need is a buff that makes my team not suck at taking hits.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 06:07:59 PM »
Random and dude pass. Unsure on super, and leaning fail on dune.