Register

Author Topic: Futurama 2013 Season 1, Week 3  (Read 1918 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2013 Season 1, Week 3
« on: March 10, 2013, 07:13:23 PM »
Godlike

Satanial (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Oz (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)
Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)
Nadesico (Super Robot Wars J) vs Haken Browning (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier)
Elc (Arc the Lad II) vs Dark King (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest)

Heavy

Brigitte 'Rosie' Starks (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Rita Mordio (Tales of Vesperia)
Lo Fong (Suikoden IV) vs Arycelle Dania (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)
Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2) vs Super Soldier (Wild ARMs 4)
Thage (Eternal Poison) vs Aurica Nestmile (Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia)

Middle

Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Kumatora (Mother 3)
Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4) vs Eleni Dunbar (Vandal-Hearts)
Kloe (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Dubhe (Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2)
El Jackson (Wild ARMs XF) vs Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters)

Light

Andre (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Sancho (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride)
Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV) vs Simon Wicard (Rogue Galaxy)
Maribelle (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Olivya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)
Randolph (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2013 Season 1, Week 3
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 08:05:36 PM »
Heavy:

Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2) vs Super Soldier (Wild ARMs 4) - Kneejerking that Super Soldier ruins her before she can do anything meaningful
Thage (Eternal Poison) vs Aurica Nestmile (Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia) - AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA --(cut to fix page width) okay i'm done laughing at physical-less mage versus magic-immune

Light:

Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV) vs Simon Wicard (Rogue Galaxy) - I remember playing Rogue Galaxy.  Simon was...bad.  On top of that, kneejerking against due to the distinct lack of easily-findable stat topic.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 08:18:32 PM by Namagomi »
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 08:22:36 PM »
Heavy

Brigitte 'Rosie' Starks (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Rita Mordio (Tales of Vesperia- No way is Rita outslugging a shocktrooper.

Middle

Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4) vs Eleni Dunbar (Vandal-Hearts)- Healers weren't great on damage. Yosuke can evasion whore and heal his way out of danger.
El Jackson (Wild ARMs XF) vs Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters)- Same kneejerk as last week.

Light

Andre (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Sancho (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride)- Sancho is all kinds of bad without status in the mix.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 09:09:15 PM »
Heavy

See a few weeks ago: Who?  (Stat topic seems to indicate both OHKO each other and Lo Fong is faster though, so probably it despite massive lack of caring.)

Light

Andre (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Sancho (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride)
Fail.
Maribelle (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Olivya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)
First off, War Cleric hype is mostly out unless Killer Axe helps because I don't think Silver Axe will break Olivya's healing, and while Maribelle might be totally unkillable, eventually all her axes break, which means she probably loses most people's tiebreaker of damage over time.  However, Valkyrie Maribelle's damage, despite hitting the wrong defense, just might overwhelm Olivya's shoddy healing.  It's ~.29 PCHP, which is uh a high 6HKO on Olivya.  But she's not giving extra TP at least which means fewer Mother's Blessings.  Meanwhile...  wait, Olivya's healing is 25% of her HP, so you have to do better than 4HKO her.

Well, I'm not a huge fan of the damage-over-the-longterm interp anyway, so we're back to a draw where neither can kill the other.  I might be sufficiently motivated to go create a no-Brave (+ no B-rank tome?) average, since the Brave weapons are storebought for literally one battle, and see if that ups Maribelle's damage enough to overwhelm.  That seems a more interesting tiebreaker if there's any interp where one might win.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 09:27:46 PM »
Nadesico (Super Robot Wars J) vs Haken Browning (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) - lol 100k srwj damage
Elc (Arc the Lad II) vs Dark King (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest) - Not that much respect for Dark King.

Lo Fong (Suikoden IV) vs Arycelle Dania (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) - Goes first and deals like two times Arycelle's magical durability in earth damage. Jesus.
Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2) vs Super Soldier (Wild ARMs 4) - Ow.

Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4) vs Eleni Dunbar (Vandal-Hearts) - Accurate paralysis sorta shuts down Yosuke's stalling.
El Jackson (Wild ARMs XF) vs Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) - El Jackson's the mage, right? The initial evade kinda keeps Danette away long enough for a OHKO.

Andre (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Sancho (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) - Jesus.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 09:48:30 PM »
Godlike

Nadesico (Super Robot Wars J) vs Haken Browning (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) - lolz

Heavy

Middle

no

Light

Maribelle (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Olivya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) - uh did TOPSX Olivia even have anything worth mentioning.  I will abstain!
Randolph (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) - I suspect Melody takes this even without poison, which makes the outcome with fairly clear.  Randolph is somewhat like Tinman with something to the tune of less than half the durability and worse speed.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 10:01:06 PM by Random Consonant »

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 09:49:47 PM »
Can't vote on ANY of these matches since I've not played a pair of games again, but I just have this to say about Kumatora vs. Flay:

They each 3HKO, but Kumatora goes first.  PK Ground also hits 5 times per casting dealing a total of 37.5% of Flay's Health, each hit giving an 8% chance of a knock down...  Making it very likely that Flay misses his second turn entirely, and the next 2-4 turns after that.  PK Starstorm is just a straight 2HKO to Flay durability at the start of the match, at that.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 09:58:46 PM »
You do realize that Flay has Last Stand unlocked at 50% HP, which buffs all his parameters, including magic durability, right?

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 10:01:22 PM »
Godlike

Satanial (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Oz (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)
Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)
Nadesico (Super Robot Wars J) vs Haken Browning (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier)
Elc (Arc the Lad II) vs Dark King (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest)  - EDIT: While Invincible does block status, I think Elc runs out of resources.

Heavy

Nope.

Middle

Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4) vs Eleni Dunbar (Vandal-Hearts) - Not sure where Eleni gets the damage to kill Yosuke.
Kloe (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Dubhe (Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2) - Bird whacks.

Light

« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:04:21 PM by Nephrite »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 11:14:13 PM »

Godlike

Satanial (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Oz (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road): Kneejerk. Oz 1 not too great, Oz 2 pretty good but doesn't last too long once Satanial has his best damage going, and the durability difference is massive.

Heavy

Lo Fong (Suikoden IV) vs Arycelle Dania (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together): Arycelle mdur makes this a slaughter.
Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2) vs Super Soldier (Wild ARMs 4): Not sure Lilka even gets a turn, but if she does she's toast anyway, same problem Kain faced.

Middle

wut

Light

Maribelle (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Olivya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together): I think she can tank indefinitely. War Cleric just does almost no damage, Valkyrie has the same problem as Shady last week, that Olivya's MDef is too good. So yeah, Maribelle breaks all her weapons eventually.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 11:49:25 PM »
Elc (Arc the Lad II) vs Dark King (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest)  - Unless Invincible blocks status, Dark King just Petrifies him.

Invincible does. Also, for whatever that's worth, the storebought petrify healing items also block petrify when equipped and Cure Alls exist. If I'm allowing storebought all-status blockers to block one status, that's certainly within bounds.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 11:54:58 PM »
Godlike

Satanial (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Oz (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road): The durability Sataniel has is silly. But no stat topic entry makes me uncomfortable.
Elc (Arc the Lad II) vs Dark King (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest): Not sure the Dark King really belongs in Heavy? Does he even 2HKO? Invincible blocks status anyway, and Divide should work fine here (forgive me for not feeling sympathy for dirty tricks against Dark King).

Heavy

Brigitte 'Rosie' Starks (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Rita Mordio (Tales of Vesperia): Who goes first is in question. Rosie has some real evasion, while Rita is just boned if Rosie goes first.
Thage (Eternal Poison) vs Aurica Nestmile (Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia): SNRK. Magic immunity and book thawps.

Middle

Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4) vs Eleni Dunbar (Vandal-Hearts): Paralysis spell works, no?
Kloe (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Dubhe (Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2)
El Jackson (Wild ARMs XF) vs Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters): WAXF boss durability isn't that good, especially at the low end. edit due to Snow

Light

Randolph (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3): She hits the right durability and there is a speed difference.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 12:30:24 AM by Pyro »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 11:56:59 PM »
El Jackson (Wild ARMs XF) vs Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters): WAXF boss durability isn't that good, especially at the low end.

El Jackson's durability on the fight borders on irrelevant, he's just borderline unhittable at first. And he's unlikely to fail the OHKO on Danette of the egregious mdef and wind magic weakness.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 05:21:05 AM »
You do realize that Flay has Last Stand unlocked at 50% HP, which buffs all his parameters, including magic durability, right?

Which is why I suggested PK Ground first and second.  If Flay falls over due to it (and he should on at least the second cast), he's screwed, and PK Ground is set damage anyway (7.5% per hit across 5 hits, for 37.5% mHP damage per cast).  Flay will get one turn in Last Stand, and it's not enough to kill.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 07:00:07 AM »
Heavy

Middle

Light

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2013, 04:26:19 AM »
Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)- So...think Nyarly's forms are kind of a bit separate, so only gets one (which is okay. THE FIRST ONE IS WEAK TO HOLY). The second is still very fast and very durable. Granted, Reicher also very durable, and even disrespecting his timed cards a bit, has a damage edge. But...Nyarly has ITD, and I'm going to assume that DLwise it's 445 damage at minimum, which gives him a much large durability edge. So Nyarly I think (also form 2 may have Strong: All, and even assuming Reicher can spam his physical to get around Holy resistance- which is an idea I don't love since every one thing he has is Holy and that seems like a limitation that was designed into him in-game wise- Persona attacks are elemental too)

Heavy

Lo Fong (Suikoden IV) vs Arycelle Dania (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)- Mdur irrelevant (I would not let Aryclle's Mdur increase Lo Fong's damage anyways unless it was Earth weakness since Lo Fong is in the S4 ITD/damage cap area)

Middle

Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4) vs Eleni Dunbar (Vandal-Hearts)- Yosuke evasion hype discounting P4G is a really rare thing (taking a turn to boost your below average evasion to a bit above average and only have it last for 2 turns afterwards with 40% healing to back it up is a losing combo. The only time I think I saw a good use for it was against an somewhat inaccurate and evasive FE opponent who sucked at most other stats since got them in two ways)
El Jackson (Wild ARMs XF) vs Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters)- El Jackson shouldn't OHKO here (50% base damage x 30% boost from Danette's Mdef x 30% boost due to magic weakness)...although I guess maybe if you count in generics (but meh to doing something like counting last second PCs and then not generics in a game like SN). El Jackson's durability is only bad enough if she OHKOs, and even if she does, chances are that still high that she'll miss turn 1. On the other hand, she will hit turn 2 (unless he wants to wait, but that's not really helping). One buff and attack should kill him, hit him on turn 1 on average, and she's faster (And may just evade his first attack too). So she should kill first.

Light

...into the nightfall.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 09:21:33 AM »
Godlike

Satanial (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Oz (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)- No vote.
Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)- Not really feeling ITD hype for nyarlie.  Certainly not against a boss.
Nadesico (Super Robot Wars J) vs Haken Browning (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier)- No vote.
Elc (Arc the Lad II) vs Dark King (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest)- No vote.

Heavy

Brigitte 'Rosie' Starks (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Rita Mordio (Tales of Vesperia)- No vote.
Lo Fong (Suikoden IV) vs Arycelle Dania (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)- No vote.
Thage (Eternal Poison) vs Aurica Nestmile (Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia)- No vote.

Middle

Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Kumatora (Mother 3)- No vote.
Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4) vs Eleni Dunbar (Vandal-Hearts)- No vote.

Light

Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV) vs Simon Wicard (Rogue Galaxy)- No vote.
Maribelle (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Olivya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)- No vote.
Randolph (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3)- No vote.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2013, 06:49:48 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Brigitte 'Rosie' Starks (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Rita Mordio (Tales of Vesperia)

Middle

Light

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2013, 02:45:16 AM »
Godlike

Satanial (Star Ocean: The Last Hope)- ii vs Oz (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)
Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- ii vs Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)- ii
Nadesico (Super Robot Wars J)- ii vs Haken Browning (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier)
Elc (Arc the Lad II)- iiii vs Dark King (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest)- i

Heavy

Brigitte 'Rosie' Starks (Valkyria Chronicles)- ii vs Rita Mordio (Tales of Vesperia)
Lo Fong (Suikoden IV)- iii vs Arycelle Dania (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)- i
Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2) vs Super Soldier (Wild ARMs 4)- iiiiiiiiii
Thage (Eternal Poison)- iii vs Aurica Nestmile (Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia)

Middle

Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Kumatora (Mother 3)- i
Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4)- ii vs Eleni Dunbar (Vandal-Hearts)- iiii
Kloe (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)- ii vs Dubhe (Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2)
El Jackson (Wild ARMs XF)- iiii vs Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters)- ii

Light

Andre (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)- iiiii vs Sancho (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride)- i
Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV)- i vs Simon Wicard (Rogue Galaxy)- i
Maribelle (Fire Emblem: Awakening)- i vs Olivya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)- i
Randolph (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3)- iiii