imageRegister

Author Topic: RPGDL 2013 Season 1, Week 3: SAGAFEDLGO2EBL  (Read 2958 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
RPGDL 2013 Season 1, Week 3: SAGAFEDLGO2EBL
« on: April 15, 2013, 02:20:52 AM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Bloodbane (Valkyrie Profile)
TimeLord (SaGa Frontier) vs ZEKE (SaGa Frontier)
Diva (SaGa Frontier) vs Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF)
Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile Series) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4)

Heavy

Auron (Final Fantasy X) vs Billy Lee Black (Xenogears)
Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World)
Sa-Lews (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire)
Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V) vs Sync (Tales of the Abyss)

Middle

Canas (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs White Rose (SaGa Frontier)
Jill Fizzart (Fire Emblem: Series) vs Odessa (Suikoden)
Gardevoir (Pokémon) vs Raynie (Radiant Historia)
Isabel (Suikoden V) vs Kyle (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)

Light

Estella (Suikoden III) vs Baigan (Final Fantasy IV)
Zegai (Suikoden V) vs Guido (Grandia)
Pierre (Chrono Cross) vs Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission)
Thomas (Suikoden III) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: RPGDL 2013 Season 1, Week 3: SAGAFEDLGO2EBL
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 02:48:48 AM »
Godlike
TimeLord (SaGa Frontier) vs ZEKE (SaGa Frontier)- Need to look up ZEKE for this.
Diva (SaGa Frontier) vs Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF)- Possibly bluelike vs DIVA. This'll go well.

Heavy

Auron (Final Fantasy X) vs Billy Lee Black (Xenogears)- XG haste vs Auron speed? Ugly.
Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V) vs Sync (Tales of the Abyss)- Strong kneejerk that he can blast past the danger range.

Middle

Canas (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs White Rose (SaGa Frontier)- I might be overselling Canas's res a little, but I'm leaning this way.
Jill Fizzart (Fire Emblem: Series) vs Odessa (Suikoden)- I don't recall Jill being impressive in the DL.
Isabel (Suikoden V)vs Kyle (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)- Faster.

Light

Estella (Suikoden III) vs Baigan (Final Fantasy IV)- Wall. Estella can do absolutely nothing after that.
Zegai (Suikoden V) vs Guido (Grandia)- Laguna and now Guido? You're not getting the stiffest of challenges, Zegai. And you're also beating on Snowfire's light pool from the looks of it.
Pierre (Chrono Cross) vs Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission)- Pierre sucks. His damage is awful even wtih critical hits factored in and his awful tech damage is resisted by Cinnamon. He might be able to pressure wtih a silly combo string, but when in doubt, vote against Pierre.
Thomas (Suikoden III) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)- Lucius is quite bad against competent light fighters. Thomas is not competent.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 02:50:54 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 02:55:53 AM »
Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Bloodbane (Valkyrie Profile) - OHKO.
TimeLord (SaGa Frontier) vs ZEKE (SaGa Frontier) - You know what happens to a TimeLord when someone survives OverDrive? The same thing as everything else.
Diva (SaGa Frontier) vs Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) - Kneejerk? Yeah. Similar durability and Diva starts off better out of the gate, but Katrina gets better really fast.
Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile Series) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4) - fweem

Auron (Final Fantasy X) vs Billy Lee Black (Xenogears) - Hm. Billy likely wins if he hastes and builds AP into - wait no Power Break, unless you see Purity Light healing breaks. Which... you might. And then Billy needs to use it to deal with Zombie Strike too. This honestly starts getting fast into spoiling territory. I'll get back to you in this one.
Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World) - He 2HKOs Umi no matter what, so she needs to OHKO him before a Killer Lance crit drops her (because she triggers counters with basically everything outside the crappy Starfish move and Javelin+Sieglinde also do horrible things to her). Considering Eph evade there, um... yeah, she's likely dying before she manages to stack her nutsy offense mults properly. And I shudder to think of what happens if she -misses- Eph post-Siren's Call.
Sa-Lews (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire) - Ryu doesn't like Hewn much. Ryu may well not 2HKO, and he's certainly being 2HKOed back.
Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V) vs Sync (Tales of the Abyss) - EDIT: egads, Freyjadour durability actually isn't very good. lol full royal paradise levels plot.

Canas (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs White Rose (SaGa Frontier) - Doubles Mystic whatever, LightSwords and stalls until the coup du grace hits. Being fast helps GlassShield strats a whole damn lot.
Jill Fizzart (Fire Emblem: Series) vs Odessa (Suikoden) - This is horrible if she hits weakness, kinda not close even if she doesn't.
Gardevoir (Pokémon) vs Raynie (Radiant Historia) - Ow.
Isabel (Suikoden V) vs Kyle (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) - They're actually pretty similar, but Isabel starts off better off the gate and Kyle doesn't get better fast enough.

Estella (Suikoden III) vs Baigan (Final Fantasy IV) - *Mathmathmath.* Okay, Baigan is roughly 0.83x PC HP to me. Estella deals... 94% PC HP with Final Flame wtfffffffffffffffff. Yeah, she takes a hit and OHKOs back. Wall only happens as a fucking counter to magic.
Zegai (Suikoden V) vs Guido (Grandia) - :guido:
Pierre (Chrono Cross) vs Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission) - For the love of.
Thomas (Suikoden III) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Thomas 3HKOs Lucius! Too bad Lucius 3HKOs back and counters. Also, congrats to people who fail to 2HKO Lucius with -physicals-.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 08:41:38 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 03:04:53 AM »
Godlike

TimeLord (SaGa Frontier) vs ZEKE (SaGa Frontier) - pffffft
Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile Series) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4) - Well this isn't hard.

Heavy

Auron (Final Fantasy X) vs Billy Lee Black (Xenogears) - Not sure.
Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World) - Unless Umi could get that 100% Blind spell without sacrificing too much offense.

Middle

Canas (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs White Rose (SaGa Frontier) - I assume.
Jill Fizzart (Fire Emblem: Series) vs Odessa (Suikoden) - Not Jill's match at all.
Gardevoir (Pokémon) vs Raynie (Radiant Historia) - I assume.

Light
ah-hahahahha no

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 04:46:16 AM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Bloodbane (Valkyrie Profile): OHKOs, isn't OHKOed even if Bloodbane somehow goes first.
TimeLord (SaGa Frontier) vs ZEKE (SaGa Frontier): Tanks OverDrive.
Diva (SaGa Frontier) vs Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF): Closer slugfest than it should be, probably, although the fact that Katrina could be argued as mystic-class is enough to tilt my vote here.
Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile Series) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4): Uh huh.

Heavy

Auron (Final Fantasy X) vs Billy Lee Black (Xenogears): Power Break gives Billy problems killing, though he does build up a lot of speed. He'd handle this if not for the looming threat of Auron overdrives. Unsure.
Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World): Sure.
Sa-Lews (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire): Ryu not too special against durable mages.
Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V) vs Sync (Tales of the Abyss): Some of you people seem to be under the impression that Sync is somehow harmless at full HP. He does 63% to average unhurt, 87% to average after he is below 75%. He's also faster than Freyjadour. He easily, easily 2HKOs. Sync only loses this if you see him getting OHKOed, which is somewhat reasonable if you twink more than I did, I guess, but just note that if you believe this, you also see Van as PC HP on the dot pretty much.

Middle

Canas (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs White Rose (SaGa Frontier): This is giving me headaches. Canas starts with Nosferatu out, has that to respond to damage, and Luna to respond to healing. Actually works pretty well. He wins if he can hold up, but weapon triangle may mess with things a bit, and/or any WR doubleturns.
Jill Fizzart (Fire Emblem: Series) vs Odessa (Suikoden): I think so.
Gardevoir (Pokémon) vs Raynie (Radiant Historia): Better magic durability at base, has Calm Mind, can block sleep once if I decide I actually respect that anyway.
Isabel (Suikoden V) vs Kyle (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete): Faster, 3HKOs first.

Light

Estella (Suikoden III) vs Baigan (Final Fantasy IV): I dunno. Baigan is 96% average HP to me. Estella is functionally slow since the first thing she does triggers Wall. Baigan either 2HKOs or 3HKOs her, not sure. This determines who wins.
Zegai (Suikoden V) vs Guido (Grandia): Good lord.
Pierre (Chrono Cross) vs Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission): When in doubt, antivote Pierre.
Thomas (Suikoden III) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword): Lucius is bad against fighters, but Thomas is worse against mages.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:56:30 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 07:02:53 AM »

Heavy

Auron (Final Fantasy X) vs Billy Lee Black (Xenogears) - Zombie Strike, counters.  Zombie's a pretty weird status, I'd see it getting past the XG blockers most likely.
Uhh.  I think that full customization allowed Umi likely wins, as MT 80% Blind isn't really a loss of offense, more of options.  And bizarrely enough, Blind-the-MT-spell just might be better than Blind Strike for Umi in the DL strictly because she wants to use Blind only against spam-physical fighters, which is disproportionately Fire Emblem characters who'd counter Blind Strike, which would make it legal even if Umi is forced to stick with just one build.  And she'll have two shots of getting it past Eph evade if he's 2HKOing with a Killer Lance (maybe?  That sounds optimistic...), and Umi can probably do her thing after Blind lands.  She's still racing to beat out the killing crit, but once she CUte Pose -> Slow Strike -> Siren's Call -> Umi doubles Eph with her best damage, so that's not TOO long for Eph to both break Blind and get a crit.

Middle

Light

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 01:33:22 AM »
Godlike

TimeLord (SaGa Frontier) vs ZEKE (SaGa Frontier) - I don't think I see ZEKE as that durable to survive a full Overdrive chain.

Heavy

Auron (Final Fantasy X) vs Billy Lee Black (Xenogears) - Zombifying Billy hits too close to home. Throwing him a bone and saying that Purify Light heals FFX statuses.
Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World) - Cthulhu groupie formchoice for the win.
Sa-Lews (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire) - just trusting NEB on this.
Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V) vs Sync (Tales of the Abyss) - I tend to see TotA bosses as more durable than most people do.

Middle

Canas (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs White Rose (SaGa Frontier) - Light Sword hype and then I stop thinking about this.
Jill Fizzart (Fire Emblem: Series) vs Odessa (Suikoden) - EDIT: Just kidding, I think Wind and Bow Weakness are enough to take out Jill9, and Jill10 wasn't as statistically superior IIRC.
Gardevoir (Pokémon) vs Raynie (Radiant Historia) - Sleep hype! Raynie gets all the turns~

Light

Estella (Suikoden III) vs Baigan (Final Fantasy IV) - spoiling spoiling spoiling~
Zegai (Suikoden V) vs Guido (Grandia) - Oh Guido, how exciting it was to see you win a match.
Pierre (Chrono Cross) vs Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission) - I haven't played MMXCM, but Pierre anti-vote is cool.
Thomas (Suikoden III) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - I actually really wanted to vote for Thomas here, but then I discovered I have a conscience.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 05:34:37 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 01:44:02 AM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Bloodbane (Valkyrie Profile): Lady. Fucking smash.
Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile Series) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4): Lenneth tanks tank drops and immunes transfer! Too bad bout that distortion.

Heavy

Auron (Final Fantasy X) vs Billy Lee Black (Xenogears): Auron. Zombie? Power break and counters?
Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World): Blind is probably better than blindstike in the DL which feels kind of strange. If you see her not being OHKOd she opens with that on Eph's below average RES and when she gets a double Cute poses Siren Calls and OHKOs (prey on the weak is triggered by blin for a 2x pchp strike). I think Eph OHKOs due to factoring in doubles on his end...  That means Umi must open with Cute Pose which gives eph time... but I am not sure how I feel about killer weapons.
Sa-Lews (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire): Ryu does not KO with Physical+Rudea strike? Man... Sa Lews is kind of pushing Godlike sluggin isn't he?
Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V) vs Sync (Tales of the Abyss): Sync.

Middle

Canas (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs White Rose (SaGa Frontier): White Rose.
Jill Fizzart (Fire Emblem: Series) vs Odessa (Suikoden): Odessa. OHKO.

Light

Estella (Suikoden III) vs Baigan (Final Fantasy IV): Estella. FF OHKO.
Zegai (Suikoden V) vs Guido (Grandia): Zegai.
Pierre (Chrono Cross) vs Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission): Cinnamon.
Thomas (Suikoden III) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword): Lucius.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 01:59:37 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 01:51:41 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Sa-Lews (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire)

Middle

Light

MalcolmMasher

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 09:46:44 AM »
Godlike

TimeLord (SaGa Frontier) vs ZEKE (SaGa Frontier) - Tanks OverDrive, delivers PluralSlash.

Heavy

Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World) - Double-rate Ephraim ORKOs with Sieglinde, so things have to go perfectly for Umi. Which isn't impossible, but I'd bet on Eph.

Middle

Canas (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs White Rose (SaGa Frontier) - Both 3HKO, but only Canas counters, so WR needs a trick. Her best one appears to be Fascination, at 45% before applying Canas' debatably quite high status resistance. Nnope.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 12:13:20 PM »
He doesn't ORKO after Cute Pose though, so it's a matter of Cute Pose -> Blind -> Siren Call -> KO.

How that interplays with criticals is open for interpretation. I think if you don't halve critical hit rates but do factor them into the averages, Eph would need 2 crits in one 'round'  to KO Umi. And after she lands Blind that becomes a negligible possibility.

Alternatively I'm considering just banning Killer Weapons and simplifying the whole thing. Honestly that solution starts to appeal to me since it removes crits from the equation for almost all of FE, and keeps FE Crits only useful for nigh-endless matches.

I'm still not sure. But for those who don't use Double-rates, I don't think Eph OHKOs Umi out the gate and so she can open with the Blind spell (that should probably be her default... physical status for mages and magical status for fighters makes a LOT of sense really,  even if it's pointless in her home game). That leaves Eph with little chance of winning.

I guess the whole thing is moot if you say "Umi is a Siren" and let Siegmund hit weakness, but there is no good evidence to back that up beyond one move's name. Cthulhu would be mincemeat at least!

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 04:28:16 PM »
Umi: You can tell a lot about a person based on their blood type. For example, I have B  Positive blood, so I'm really energetic person! What kind of blood do you have, Cthulhu?
Cthulhu: Ink.
Umi: Ink? I'm not sure what personality ink goes with.
Paws: Uranium blood here.
Ember: Acid.
Umi: Is there anyone here with normal blood?
Dacre: I forgot!
October: Pain. What I feel when I bleed in the dark recessess in my soul. I linger in the light but yearn for the darkness.
Umi: Agh!
Umi sure sounds human to me.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 04:43:56 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Auron (Final Fantasy X) vs Billy Lee Black (Xenogears)- Definitely think that either XG blockers or status healing gets Zombie (if not both, likely both). Auron Power Breaks, and then I don't think Billy can do enough before an Overdrive.
Sa-Lews (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire)- 2.4 PC HP, 67% Damage, and cuts physicals!!!!, fire!, darkness and wind by like 70%? Yeah, little bit much for Heavy.

Middle

Light

Estella (Suikoden III) vs Baigan (Final Fantasy IV)- So if you assume Virus as Tellah's damage, Baigan has a hair under PC HP...but I think Tellah can cast L3s 3 times at full MP, so those are in the average and such and Estella then OHKOs I would. Both are Middle.
...into the nightfall.

MalcolmMasher

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2013, 10:24:54 AM »
He doesn't ORKO after Cute Pose though, so it's a matter of Cute Pose -> Blind -> Siren Call -> KO.

I don't see it mattering, actually. If Umi opens with Cute Pose, then Eph's attack nearly kills her, and now we're back at square one - it's Umi's turn, and Eph's next hit will be lethal. (If you let the turn-based Umi double the turn-based Eph, then it could make a difference. I don't.)

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 02:40:46 PM »
Thinking on it, with Double-Rate Eph, Umi opens with the Blind spell anyway, and Eph almost surely misses one of his subsequent two attacks, right? Then Umi should be able to take it from there if I am not mistaken.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2013, 04:49:13 PM »
For what it's worth, I wouldn't respect Sa-Lews resisting physicals; at that point in the game, all your normal physicals are energy element (which hits him just fine) with the sole exception of Wren's Burst Rockets. Your general point is of course still valid, he does push the division's limits.

Maybe.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2013, 10:35:50 PM »
Godlike

Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile Series) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4) - 4D Pocket, next.

Heavy

Sa-Lews (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire) - Ryu, you kind of hate this.  Trying to get in an attack before transforming merely lets you get smashed by Sa-Lews.  Add to that the fact that Sa-Lews easily outslugs Rudra and you're going to have...problems.

Light

Estella (Suikoden III) vs Baigan (Final Fantasy IV) - As much as I don't remember Estella, I'll buy FF (or FF->physicals).  Wall's clearly a counter so she gets the one shot.
Thomas (Suikoden III) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Thomas' damage was bad.  Hell, Thomas was bad.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

MalcolmMasher

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 06:27:53 AM »
Thinking on it, with Double-Rate Eph, Umi opens with the Blind spell anyway, and Eph almost surely misses one of his subsequent two attacks, right? Then Umi should be able to take it from there if I am not mistaken.

Fair point. Blinded Eph is best off with a Killer Lance; even at halved crit rates, 25% Hit and ~20% post-nerf Crit get him ~10% chance to kill Umi per attack sequence. (In between Cute Pose and Siren's Call, he needs a hit and a crit.) So:
Umi uses Blind (84%), it must hit.
Eph attacks and doubles, a crit will kill.
Umi uses Cute Pose, defenses up.
Eph attacks and doubles, hit+crit will kill (or two pre-buff hits and two post-buff hits, etc, I estimate a 16% chance Blind Ephraim has killed Umi by now.)
Umi uses Siren's Call.
Umi uses Elec Strike, 61% chance it hits. If it misses, Eph counters and then attacks; I'm definitely not going to try to break that down, particularly since Ephraim's damage numbers would be different yet again, but my offhand guess is that Eph's looking fairly good if he makes it that far.

That said, overall I expect the scenario still favors Umi, but that is under the assumption that the Blind spell a) is available (Blind Strike is clearly superior in a 1v1 vaccuum and they're mutually exclusive), b) ignores FE evade (FE evade does cover spells, and FE8 Stone in particular is a status that checks Evade) and c) that halving crit rate and factoring crits into the average are appropriate for FE8. Offhand, I am inclined to favor all three of those options, but going the other way on either of the first two would put the match clearly in Ephraim's camp, and I assume reversing on the third would also work in his favor, which means I'm leery of leaning Umi. Flip side, assigning DL opponents AS based on their speed compared to their average and FE8 enemy averages would... force me to decide whether turn based speed buffs should be allowed to affect effective AS.

Bottom line is, I remain more comfortable betting on Ephraim.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2013, 01:25:27 PM »
If you don't halve crit rate but do factor it. into averages than Eph may need two crits to KO post Cute Pose.... So halving crit rates may help Eph win with crits here. Funny.

I also think Stone is a physical status. It does not check Res so it is the same as a venom sword or equivalent.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 02:56:18 PM by Pyro »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 01:50:17 AM »
Stone is classed as dark magic (existing on the magic weapon triangle) so calling it physical doesn't sit well with me. Though yes, it is obviously mechanically different from status staves.

Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2013, 06:20:38 AM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- iiiiiiii vs Bloodbane (Valkyrie Profile)
TimeLord (SaGa Frontier)- ii vs ZEKE (SaGa Frontier)- iiiii
Diva (SaGa Frontier) vs Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF)- iiiii
Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile Series) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4)- iiiiiiiiii

Heavy

Auron (Final Fantasy X)- iiii vs Billy Lee Black (Xenogears)- iii
Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)- iiii vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World)- ii
Sa-Lews (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium)- iiiiiii vs Ryu (Breath of Fire)
Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V)- i vs Sync (Tales of the Abyss)- iiiiiii

Middle

Canas (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)- ii vs White Rose (SaGa Frontier)- iiiiii
Jill Fizzart (Fire Emblem: Series) vs Odessa (Suikoden)- iiiiiiiii
Gardevoir (Pokémon)- iiii vs Raynie (Radiant Historia)- i
Isabel (Suikoden V)- iiiiii vs Kyle (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)- i

Light

Estella (Suikoden III)- iiiii vs Baigan (Final Fantasy IV)- iiii  (CK Vote)
Zegai (Suikoden V)- iiiiiiii vs Guido (Grandia)
Pierre (Chrono Cross) vs Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission)- iiiiiii
Thomas (Suikoden III) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)- iiiiiiiii
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.