Author Topic: Shift Tourney: Week 4  (Read 3134 times)

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Shift Tourney: Week 4
« on: July 03, 2013, 12:57:04 AM »
While only quasi-time traveler Eruca remains* (after barely sneaking past fellow Princess Peach in week 2 on a tiebreak), the coalition of time-travelling princesses came out in force for this tourney for reasons that were before now unknown.  Now that 3/4 have been knocked out, the source of the sinister conspiracy controlling the pairings has been unveiled, and the TTP brigade can now attempt their true goal and face their timeless foe, the ancient and future enemy of all such gentlewomen: Robot dinosaurs.

Divinities

Xorn (Grandia III) vs. Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
TimeLord (Saga Frontier) vs. Yuna (Final Fantasy X)

Demigods

Luther Lansfeld (Star Ocean 3) vs. Fogel (Ogre Battle)
Hildagarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs. Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Berle (Star Ocean 2) vs. Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II)
Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) vs. Ryu Bateson (Breath of Fire 2)

Heroes

Adachi (Persona 4) vs. Lilka (Wild Arms 2)
Nina (Breath of Fire 1) vs. Momo (Breath of Fire 3)
Basilio (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs. Lazlo (Suikoden IV)
Eruca (Radiant Historia) vs. Klein (Atelier Iris)

Bonus match: Roar of Time
Lucina, Clarissa, Marle, Eruca vs. Mother Brainosaur, 3x Displaydocus, Atroposatos XR, 1x Rex Series, Gatodactyl, Mecha-Nizbel 2, Azalatron, Black Tyrano 9000**

* I suppose Nina is technically a time-travelling Princess as well, but that barely counts.  One-way trip + convenient amnesia + does nothing with the opportunity?  You're out of the club.
** The Black Tyrano 9000 had to use Breath of Fire DX earlier against some time-travelling Princes, so adjust his damage reduction accordingly.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Shift Tourney: Week 4
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 01:30:06 AM »
Good match.  If Lady survives to a 2nd turn she surely wins, attack + unload + final attack if needed.  I don't think high-HP Xorn can kill her in the 3 turns he gets to try that.

Luther Lansfeld (Star Ocean 3) vs. Fogel (Ogre Battle) - Was Luther's stuff elemental?
Hildagarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs. Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics)
SH3 has good status blocking, but since Hilda needs to do Gale and doesn't kill Altima nearly as fast as say Lucina would, Grand Cross should eventually land something nasty.
Can Jowy OHKO or something before Berle even goes invincible?  Doubt it, but eh.  (It'd have been funny if Jack had made it here so he could have a rare chance to hype his scrubby healing in a Low Godlike match.)
Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) vs. Ryu Bateson (Breath of Fire 2) - Fang can even survive G. Dragon to me if she does Sentinel tanking, I'm just not sure if that leads anywhere useful.  Not a huge fan of the wait-till-Summon ploy here, and arguably Ryu's boomy goes off before Fang gets to get Entrench up or whatever.  Could be argued, but eh.

Basilio (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs. Lazlo (Suikoden IV) - HELL NOOOOO

Bonus Match:

To speed things up, here's the initiative split according to the CT stat topic assuming Eruca equips for "tanking" rather than speed:
Nizbel II > Clarissa > Mother Brain > Atropos XR > Lucina > Eruca > R Series > Gato = Marle >> Azala = Black Tyrano

Strongly leaning toward the Princesses at the moment.  The mechadinos are numerous but surprisingly scrubby at damage.  Most useful character for the Princesses is Eruca who can Burst Light some full MT, and the robots really struggle to smash even her horrible durability until Black Tyrano goes.  Mother Brain is the most useful on the other team, as she can Reprogram people into gigglebots, but I'd let Eruca's Sky Drops block everything (similar to Vigil Hats in CT, everything but instant death, something MB has to deal with there...), and Marle can already block it, and Clarissa will already have gone (and probably Sacrificed Black Tyrano, since even post Breath of Fire DX his damage reduction is excellent, and Sacrifice is ITD).  So she's stuck giggling Lucina, which is useful but won't turn the tide.  (As a reminder giggly Lucina deals like 2 damage and misses all the time, so she won't slaughter her own team.)  Despite normally being awful, ICE2 hype from Marle might help finish up stragglers.  Dunno, the robots all together can take down Marle & Eruca easily enough, they just won't have the turns to do it before too much damage is done, and if Eruca stays alive they all die, and if Marle stays alive she hastes herself and the Princesses can't really die.  They might get one, but not both.  (I suspect this match is much closer if Mother Brain can Reprogram Eruca, and let the MechDinosaurs just eat a single member dying to Lucina as an easier price to pay.  Lucina can always be reprogrammed later.)

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 01:44:30 AM »
Divinities

TimeLord (Saga Frontier) vs. Yuna (Final Fantasy X) - Overdrive goes to work. 

Demigods

Luther Lansfeld (Star Ocean 3) vs. Fogel (Ogre Battle) - Huuuuh. Most of Luther's damage is physical, which Fogel laughs at. Luther is fast...but so is Fogel. I think the dragoon just outslugs the programmer, here.
Hildagarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs. Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Sure, Grand Cross does it's job eventually.
Berle (Star Ocean 2) vs. Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II) - Not Jowy's kind of fight.
Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) vs. Ryu Bateson (Breath of Fire 2) - Can't vote, but you think Fang can tank a G.Dragon? Wow.

Heroes

Adachi (Persona 4) vs. Lilka (Wild Arms 2) - Unsure. Gut says Lilka can buff/heal her way into being able to slug him out?
Nina (Breath of Fire 1) vs. Momo (Breath of Fire 3) - Don't think Nina can win this without status.
Basilio (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs. Lazlo (Suikoden IV) - Surely the ID does it's job before enough axe is applied to face?
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 01:45:34 AM »
Now that 3/4 have been knocked out, the source of the sinister conspiracy controlling the pairings has been unveiled, and the TTP brigade can now attempt their true goal and face their timeless foe, the ancient and future enemy of all such gentlewomen: Robot dinosaurs.

Play Blue Dragon.

Divinities

Xorn (Grandia III) vs. Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World): I think she can unload enough damage in one round. No way she lives to get a second, so this is important.
TimeLord (Saga Frontier) vs. Yuna (Final Fantasy X): Good news for Yuna: she can block stone. Bad news, TimeEclipse x8 is still too much damage.

Demigods

Hildagarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs. Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics): MP busting wins this if Grand Cross doesn't.
Berle (Star Ocean 2) vs. Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II): I dunno. Can Jowy survive one round of Berle attacks? And 2HKO with Hungry Friend? (I strongly lean yes for the latter at the very least.) Not certain here.
Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) vs. Ryu Bateson (Breath of Fire 2): Not sure how I feel about hyping the FF13 cast cheating speed a bit by entering their actions quickly. Fog x4 screws over Ryu though, probably.

Heroes

Nina (Breath of Fire 1) vs. Momo (Breath of Fire 3): Eternal buff wars or something.
Basilio (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs. Lazlo (Suikoden IV): Well, this is terrible.

Lucina, Clarissa, Marle, Eruca vs. Mother Brainosaur, 3x Displaydocus, Atroposatos XR, 1x Rex Series, Gatodactyl, Mecha-Nizbel 2, Azalatron, Black Tyrano 9000

Ummm okay. As I've observed previuosly, you can generally add 1 to CT boss speed since no way in hell do you react as fast the enemies do. Initial kneejerk for turn order as such: Nizbel > Mother Brain > Clarissa > Azala/Tyrano > Atropos XR > R Series > Eruca > Lucina > Gato > Marle

Okay. Mother Brain opens by reprogramming Clarissa (yes). R series can blitz out Eruca. Azala can sleep Lucina. Marle will get a turn but I don't think she can do anything decisive. Revive someone? Same situation repeats second round except now the enemies have more turns to work with.

Things get a bit better if you see, say, Clarissa outspeeding Mother Brain or Eruca outspeeding the R Series (the only flips that I could buy here). However, I don't think they change my vote. Clarissa can probably OHKO Azala, at which point Mother Brain reporgrams Lucina instead. Of course, Clarissa isn't getting a second useful turn since she has weakened herself with the first Sacrifice. Eruca can one-round all the R series and do some modest damage elsewhere which is nice, but dies anyway to Robo Tackle + Swallow. Marle can... revive, but Reprogramming/Sleep are coming again. Yeah, in general I think the ST status moves of Mother Brain and Azala win this fight, as two PCs can't block them and a third probably can't afford to (ANY stat hit to Eruca is terrible news for her given the speed spread of this fight, and I wouldn't see her blocking confuse anyway).

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 01:47:59 AM »
Divinities

Xorn (Grandia III) vs. Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - Lady offense is probably good enough for this.
TimeLord (Saga Frontier) vs. Yuna (Final Fantasy X) - Too much damage.

Demigods

Hildagarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs. Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Indeed.
Berle (Star Ocean 2) vs. Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II) - go away berle

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 01:57:44 AM »
Ryu2 has no protection against Pain and Fog, so if you see Fang surviving G Dragon somehow (I definitely do not, but...) then she should cruise by nailing him with those.

re the bonus match... Azala's speed is kinda important here. Fenrir notes Azala as skipping every turn whereas when I fought that fight Azala has happily trading turns with Crono. Bug? Version difference? I have no clue. Sadly I didn't note if Tyrano was the same or not, because I figured Tyrano never gets matches. More fool me. Memories are telling me he skips turns while Azala is alive (except during the countdown) and not when Azala is dead, but do not hold me to that.

Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 02:15:36 AM »
Divinities

Demigods

Luther Lansfeld (Star Ocean 3) vs. Fogel (Ogre Battle)- So Fogel has to chip around the 75% and 50% limits? Because either the paralysis or ID will likely get him otherwise realistically. And my Luther HP respect is high enough for this.
Berle (Star Ocean 2) vs. Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II)- Jowy doesn't 2HKO to me, so that makes this rather easy
Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) vs. Ryu Bateson (Breath of Fire 2)- Very against letting FF 13 characters use fewer bars to get the first turn quicker. Don't think she has anything to stop him in time

Heroes

Adachi (Persona 4) vs. Lilka (Wild Arms 2)- 1/2 FP crest is used for Reflect. Lilka cheers that it was the IDer with the physical ID.
Nina (Breath of Fire 1) vs. Momo (Breath of Fire 3)- Uh...this is a gut reaction kind of. But...Momo's buffs are endless (Nina's aren't), Momo is status immune, and Momo has a decent physical. Momo can buff speed to 100%, buff attack to double and probably only need to heal twice in that time. Then pound away. Without Blind, Nina is mostly anti-magic.
Eruca (Radiant Historia) vs. Klein (Atelier Iris)- Fun. Divine Shield faces Divine Light. On Eruca's side: Speed. On Klein's side: Has Meteor for two hits, Lots of healing, May OHKO her with Aeroangel (I mean...certainly does if you take her PDur like the topic does. I just have it to when she's last actually attackble by physicals). Gut reaction is Klein. I think Eruca let's Klein's defensive game going. She can 2HKO Klein, but Divine Shield makes that a 4HKO in practice. Klein should have time to use Living Item->Elixir, so even if she decides to switch turns and chain, she's in bad danger. YAY at a match with Klein's defensive game mattering.
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 02:15:58 AM »
Re Azala: Pretty much.  It'd been too long for me, so when I was trying to make sure the match was balanced, Azala's Sleep seemed like it'd go absolutely last if his speed was "constantly doubled by Crono" level ( = 60% average or so?).  But maybe his first turn is fast, and then he skips some turns or the like.  If Azala can get some Sleep down quickly, that'd help a lot.  (Black Tyrano I definitely have 0 speed respect for, which is good for the Princesses because he's like the only one with anything approaching damage.  Atropos's HP-halve move, I guess.)

For the R Series, if I wasn't clear, it's just one robot, hence the 1x.  I'm also skeptical of it outracing Eruca, though it's close - I think that depends on including Robo in the party despite the fact he isn't for that fight (but is maybe fair anyway, he's joined it.  But then maybe Frog should be included in the average too.)  It has a Speed of 9, Crono has like 13-14 (Bandanna hype?!), Marle has 8, Lucca has 6.  That's a speed average of a bit more than 9, although it is close if Eruca is equipped for tanking and the CT boss tiebreak is given, sure.

Gatewalker: Fang has around ~1 PCHP, but FF13 Sentinels halve damage roughly.  I see Ryu's G. Dragon as ~2 PCHP, so it's quite possible Fang survives, BUT that doesn't mean she wins.  I certainly don't let Fang start as Sentinel then switch to something else on her turn, that'd mean Fang has free damage reduction before she goes.  So Fang stays as Sentinel all of turn 1, and if she switches out, it's a race between her & Ryu on turn 2 - if Ryu goes first, she just hits her non-Sentinel stats to finish killing her.  Pretty much exactly the same as the race on turn 1.  If Fang wants to be a sentinel forever, theoretically Ryu can do something like wait for criticial + natural doubel turn and crit + G. Dragon through her defenses to kill before a Summon, maybe.  (There's also the fact that maybe Sentinel tanking should be downplayed a bit as "in the defense averages" when someone opens with it, which might make G. Dragon fatal.)

That said, DHE brings up a good point that Fog x3 or something might be enough of a speedup for Fang to win after all.  Hrmm.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 02:19:43 AM »
Ryu2 also has a 50% chance of surviving being killed, and I don't think the status remains when he rezzes.

So she'd have to score the status and then there is a 50% chance she'd have to do it AGAIN. That'd wear on the odds of status winning her the match, surely...

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 02:27:01 AM »
Divinities

Xorn (Grandia III) vs. Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World): Boom.
TimeLord (Saga Frontier) vs. Yuna (Final Fantasy X): Initiative win. Lame.

Demigods

Berle (Star Ocean 2) vs. Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II): Can Defend through a chain?
Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) vs. Ryu Bateson (Breath of Fire 2): G.Drgn OHKOs. Has the 50% revival to wear on her status victory odds.

Heroes

Adachi (Persona 4) vs. Lilka (Wild Arms 2): Reflect, Quick, own.
Nina (Breath of Fire 1) vs. Momo (Breath of Fire 3): Is status immune.
Eruca (Radiant Historia) vs. Klein (Atelier Iris): She'll run out of damage to 2HKO him with before he runs out of healing or a double happens. Attempting Shifting is asking "Plz Kill Me Kthx".

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 02:32:27 AM »
Of technical note, Sentinel's cut damage 44% and Fang basically has average HP (so even at 2 PC HP, G Dragon still barely gets her). She in fact does need some turn 1 status here.

Also, at least by 67% status thresholds, 3 Pains or Fogs won't do it (4 is Turn 1).
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 02:38:21 AM »
Divinities

Xorn (Grandia III) vs. Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- Xorn's too backloaded.
TimeLord (Saga Frontier) vs. Yuna (Final Fantasy X)- OverDrive does it's thing.

Demigods

Luther Lansfeld (Star Ocean 3) vs. Fogel (Ogre Battle)- No clue, depends on where I see Luther's HP.  Fogel might evade or resist the status even if he triggers one, and that's a factor as well. But still, leaning Luther.
Hildagarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs. Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics)- MP busting, yeah.
Berle (Star Ocean 2) vs. Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II) - Kneejerk. Think Jowy wins if evasion kicks in enough, but... leaning towards no there.
Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) vs. Ryu Bateson (Breath of Fire 2)- Also a kneejerk.

Heroes

Adachi (Persona 4) vs. Lilka (Wild Arms 2)- He can dispel Lilka's buffs, which is likely enough.  She might be able to outlast him otherwise, but she is under a lot of pressure.
Nina (Breath of Fire 1) vs. Momo (Breath of Fire 3)- IIRC Momo can eventually put pressure on someone through enough buffing. She also has some status to annoy Nina with.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 02:42:30 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 02:55:44 AM »
Adachi (Persona 4) vs. Lilka (Wild Arms 2)- He can dispel Lilka's buffs, which is likely enough.  She might be able to outlast him otherwise, but she is under a lot of pressure.

Dekaja doesn't dispel Reflect in game though, so it shouldn't here. Not to mention that even if it did, Lilka would just endlessly recast it and would eventually double by being faster. While Reflect does have a few coverage holes, an ID spell that PCs also have wouldn't be fitting that (and reflect should also get Fear in game in Persona and it's also a spell you have on the PC side).
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 02:57:07 AM »
Evil Smile seems more like a tech than a spell to me. Doesn't Lilka's reflect consume MP, or am I thinking of something else?
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 03:01:38 AM »
WA 2 is FP based, so Lilka can run with it endlessly.

If Evil Smile ignored magic reflect, that would give this to him. My gut reaction is that pure status spells in Persona 3/4 were spells.
...into the nightfall.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2013, 03:52:44 AM »
Xorn (Grandia III) vs. Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - Yeah, unloads enough offense turn one.
TimeLord (Saga Frontier) vs. Yuna (Final Fantasy X) - Once again, TimeLord spoils his way to a finals week he's meant to lose.

Luther Lansfeld (Star Ocean 3) vs. Fogel (Ogre Battle) - EDIT: yeah no.
Hildagarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs. Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Nope. Nowhere near enough offense.
Berle (Star Ocean 2) vs. Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II) - Gutcheck. I suspect Jowy can at least live through one chain of Berle offense, what with the evade and above average pdur.
Yun Fang Oerba (Final Fantasy XIII) vs. Ryu Bateson (Breath of Fire 2) - Sigh. Not really happy with an entire cast cheating speed averages.

Tohru Adachi (Persona 4) vs. Lilka Eleniak (Wild Arms 2) - Okay. Lilka opens with Reflect, which probably does handle both Evil Smile and Mudoon. Then, she just 3HKOs. I guess Heat Riser turns that into a 4HKO, but does it even matter?
Nina Wyndia (Breath of Fire 1) vs. Momo (Breath of Fire 3) - Infinite resources vs. finite resources. Don't think Momo can buff so much to the point she can apply indefinite pressure on Nina.
Basilio (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs. Lazlo (Suikoden IV) - Sigh.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 04:25:54 AM »
Nina Wyndia (Breath of Fire 1) vs. Momo (Breath of Fire 3) - Infinite resources vs. finite resources. Don't think Momo can buff so much to the point she can apply indefinite pressure on Nina.

Momo can buff her physical damage to 528 (and speed to 66). Of course, Nina is better off than I thought since I guess her Reflect spell just gets the next offensive spell of the enemy and doesn't wear off (I'm assuming that includes status magic). Nina's initiative casting makes it hard for Momo to double).

Also to confirm, Wall gets MT spells? (Or hits the other PCs for MT spells but Nina is safe?)

Also assuming that Momo can't crit (because then eventually she'll just OHKO Nina)

But actually...Momo may drop some attack for adding status to her attack. Confuse Shells->Silence (reflect lifts)->silence Nina->smack away. This could probably also work (Confuse may still even 2HKO Nina through Fort, and that's with Bonebreak, which I guess probably shouldn't be counted against Momo given that it's not even OPB). So Nina has an argument, but this seems like a case where status will win out.
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2013, 04:50:09 AM »
Wall hits MT spells, protecting the Wall'd target only, yes.

I definitely see Idle working on Momo for what it's worth. PC-side effect spells which are never immuned ever in-game get bonus respect from me (see also: Spellbinding Eye, FF6 Charm, etc.) and it takes exceptional circumstances for me to see them failing. I don't see run of the mill status immunity (which BoF1 bosses also have, after all) stopping it. Momo's status immunity is unusually comprehensive, though, so I can see the argument against this view.

Maybe.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2013, 05:59:10 AM »
While only quasi-time traveler Eruca remains* (after barely sneaking past fellow Princess Peach in week 2 on a tiebreak), the coalition of time-travelling princesses came out in force for this tourney for reasons that were before now unknown.  Now that 3/4 have been knocked out, the source of the sinister conspiracy controlling the pairings has been unveiled, and the TTP brigade can now attempt their true goal and face their timeless foe, the ancient and future enemy of all such gentlewomen: Robot dinosaurs.
\o/ !!!!!!!!!

Divinities

TimeLord (Saga Frontier) vs. Yuna (Final Fantasy X) - Yay, SaGa domination~

Demigods

Luther Lansfeld (Star Ocean 3) vs. Fogel (Ogre Battle) - I guess? Though I'm tempted to lean toward Fogel OHKOing
Berle (Star Ocean 2) vs. Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II) - No Berle durability respect.
Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) vs. Ryu Bateson (Breath of Fire 2) - see Pyro

Heroes

Nina (Breath of Fire 1) vs. Momo (Breath of Fire 3) - Noooo~ not the time-travelling princess!
Eruca (Radiant Historia) vs. Klein (Atelier Iris) - Noooo~ not the OTHER time-travelling princess! This Shift Tourney thing is clearly anti-TTP.

Lucina, Clarissa, Marle, Eruca vs. Mother Brainosaur, 3x Displaydocus, Atroposatos XR, 1x Rex Series, Gatodactyl, Mecha-Nizbel 2, Azalatron, Black Tyrano 9000**
I guess I agree with Elfboy's analysis, but now I wonder if adding NINA to the Princesses' side changes anything!

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2013, 06:10:48 PM »
Divinities

Demigods

Luther Lansfeld (Star Ocean 3)
vs. Fogel (Ogre Battle)

Heroes

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2013, 02:10:16 AM »
WA 2 is FP based, so Lilka can run with it endlessly.

If Evil Smile ignored magic reflect, that would give this to him. My gut reaction is that pure status spells in Persona 3/4 were spells.

I believe status skills hit magic reflect, yes.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 10:28:39 AM »
This was on hiatus for a bit due to the mini San Fran precon & my own vacation, but closing this sometime in the nearish future, so last call for votes.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2013, 09:55:19 PM »
(Belated) Results.

--

Berle (Star Ocean 2) vs. Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II) (3-4)

Heroes

Lucina, Clarissa, Marle, Eruca vs. Mother Brainosaur, 3x Displaydocus, Atroposatos XR, 1x Rex Series, Gatodactyl, Mecha-Nizbel 2, Azalatron, Black Tyrano 9000