Register

Author Topic: RPGDL 2013 Season 2, Week 1: The Light, THE LIIIIIGGGHHHTTTT  (Read 4218 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Godlike

Prototype Gear (Wild ARMs 4) vs Caineghis (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Izanami (Persona 4) vs Tir McDohl (Suikoden Series)
Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs False Althena (Lunar: Eternal Blue)
T260G (SaGa Frontier) vs Ameno-Sagiri (Persona 4)

Heavy

Kanon (Wild ARMs 2) vs Lashiec (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium).
Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs White Rose (SaGa Frontier)
Renee (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Lenus (Legend of Dragoon)
Oerba dia Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics)

Middle

Fina (Skies of Arcadia) vs Sceptile (Pokémon)
Caina (Wild ARMs 2) vs Ray (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword)
Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) vs Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear (Tales of the Abyss)
Zegai (Suikoden V) vs Lufia (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom)

Light

Jogurt (Shining Force) vs Sheena Fujibayashi (Tales of Symphonia)
Raticate (Pokémon) vs Zieg Feld (Legend of Dragoon)
Bard (Final Fantasy V) vs Viki (Suikoden Series)
Nanami (Suikoden II) vs Blank (Final Fantasy IX)

MY MONEEEEEYYYYY
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: RPGDL 2013 Season 2, Week 1: The Light, THE LIIIIIGGGHHHTTTT
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 06:50:37 AM »
Godlike

Izanami (Persona 4) vs Tir McDohl (Suikoden Series)- My god.
Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs False Althena (Lunar: Eternal Blue)- Thunder resist and Night Sword.
T260G (SaGa Frontier) vs Ameno-Sagiri (Persona 4)- God's Judgement is enough to handle trashcan.

Heavy

Kanon (Wild ARMs 2) vs Lashiec (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium).- Anothergate. Also, not Kanon.
Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs White Rose (SaGa Frontier)- Not much respect for WR in Heavy.
Renee (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Lenus (Legend of Dragoon)- Fuck off Lenus.
Oerba dia Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics)- Think so. Delita could get lucky wtih a status and avoid some status, but I think he's facing a pretty uphill fight here.

Middle

Fina (Skies of Arcadia) vs Sceptile (Pokémon)- Low kneejerk respect for Fina's stone.
Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) vs Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear (Tales of the Abyss)- Albert has no real way to put pressure on here.
Zegai (Suikoden V) vs Lufia (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom)- Thunder resistance works for me.

Light

Raticate (Pokémon)
vs Zieg Feld (Legend of Dragoon)
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 07:22:05 AM »
Godlike

Prototype Gear (Wild ARMs 4) vs Caineghis (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Magical ID, gets two turns before Cain gets one. Cain gets a turn only if he's lucky, but even if he does, he's not doubling here, and hence I doubt he wins... Prototype Gear isn't so frail as to die to one attack.
Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs False Althena (Lunar: Eternal Blue): uhhh White Robe, I assume Night Sword is still pretty close to full healing even with the lowered power thanks to FA's defence.

Heavy

Kanon (Wild ARMs 2) vs Lashiec (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium): Interesting. I bet even some of the Kanon boss voters might vote this way? (For all that I don't think I would, if I voted on boss. PC gets crushed so bad, of course.)
Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs White Rose (SaGa Frontier): uhhh headache match. Pamela wants to slow White Rose then overcome her. White Rose wants to use her superior stats from LightSword and either 2HKO or land a PhantasmShot proc. I dunno. edit: Or I could be overthinking this, MK1 slow could kinda suck, and White Rose just wins via 2HKOing faster.
Renee (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Lenus (Legend of Dragoon): Kneejerk. Renee is solid, Lenus is borderline Godlike though.
Oerba dia Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics): No-equip-change Delita fears Pain far too much. Equip-Change Delita is better-suited for this fight, since he can ward off status somewhat, but still needs to block blind which makes his damage less good, and Vanille can still land Deshell and then blitz him.

Middle

Caina (Wild ARMs 2) vs Ray (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword): Gate of Isolde is MT so no counter-Nosferatu hype. I think he's then durable enough to take this from there, though I could be argued. EDIT: Or Ray could just be better on stats/damage than I assumed, and 4HKOs at worst while giving Caina 3 turns at most, which isn't really enough for silence or sleep to kick in if they're each 10%.
Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) vs Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear (Tales of the Abyss): Healing and better speed, even if she's not as fast as was first advertised IIRC.

Light

Jogurt (Shining Force) vs Sheena Fujibayashi (Tales of Symphonia): Seen enough of Sheena for this!
Raticate (Pokémon) vs Zieg Feld (Legend of Dragoon): All-around better. This match is hilarious.
Bard (Final Fantasy V) vs Viki (Suikoden Series): Bard's REGEN tilts this. Regen, lock Viki down with stop/confuse. She'll get occasional turns in because Bard damage is a thing, but with regen nothing she does will stick.
Nanami (Suikoden II) vs Blank (Final Fantasy IX): Faster.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 01:40:02 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 07:46:46 AM »
Godlike

Prototype Gear (Wild ARMs 4) vs Caineghis (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - Prototype Gear likely hits the ID before Cain gets a turn.

Heavy

Kanon (Wild ARMs 2) vs Lashiec (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) - Boss Kanon, so Lassiec *must* OHKO or die here since apparently boss Kanon is faster than I thought (as in probably instadoubles Lassie) and to be honest I don't know if *my* WA2 boss durability respect is low enough to make that judgment call.
Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs White Rose (SaGa Frontier) - uh.  sure I'll bite
Renee (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Lenus (Legend of Dragoon) - Sure.

Middle

Caina (Wild ARMs 2) vs Ray (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) - Gates of Pile Bunker Bullshit being MT and possible infliction of multiple statuses that Ray hates to deal with is just too strong of a kneejerk here. Edit: uh yeah no Caina has less time than I thought here, Ray barely 2HKOs average using available numbers, so 3HKOs Caina to me and Caina goes second, and I doubt any view I'd take changes this.  Ray might miss but I doubt it, and Caina is more likely to need that third turn.  Editver2: oh christ ray may double with flux to me, that is good night and good luck right there if that happens.

Light

Jogurt (Shining Force) vs Sheena Fujibayashi (Tales of Symphonia) - Enjoy your free win, Sheena.
Raticate (Pokémon) vs Zieg Feld (Legend of Dragoon) - HERE LIES ZIEG FELD, LEGENDARY DRAGOON, DEATH BY GIANT RAT.
Bard (Final Fantasy V) vs Viki (Suikoden Series) - uh probably
Nanami (Suikoden II) vs Blank (Final Fantasy IX) - uh surely
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 08:44:29 PM by Random Consonant »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 09:30:25 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Kanon (Wild ARMs 2) vs Lashiec (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium).
Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs White Rose (SaGa Frontier)
Renee (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Lenus (Legend of Dragoon)- Slaughter

Middle

Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) vs Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear (Tales of the Abyss)- Albert just wishes the game ended at disk 2.

Light

Fire to everything.
...into the nightfall.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 02:51:58 PM »
Izanami (Persona 4) vs Tir McDohl (Suikoden Series) - Tir just wishes he had a Water Rune in addition to the Soul Eater.
Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs False Althena (Lunar: Eternal Blue) - Weird. Confuse, he immunes and paralysis gets covered by Thief Hat. And she doesn't OHKO.
T260G (SaGa Frontier) vs Ameno-Sagiri (Persona 4) - Yeah, nevermind, God's Judgment. Ameno -does- need to use it at least twice, but it works out.

Kanon (Wild ARMs 2) vs Lashiec (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) - EDIT: So, okay, Kanon -does- insta-double Lashiec and he misses a OHKO. She deals roughly 90% PC HP a shot, so... Lashiec needs to survive 3.6x PC HP worth of damage. Where do I see him at? *Uses a rough 200 high-balling estimate for PS4 damage average at that point.* Uhhh, that pegs him as 3.12x PC HP to me. That doesn't win out. HOWEVER, something closer to 180 feels more accurate. So... *mathmathmath.* 3.54x PC HP. No dice. WELP.
Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs White Rose (SaGa Frontier) - EDIT: Wait, a Slow strategy does not work. Slow only begins to apply in MK1 when the character gets a turn and Pamela's limit damage only threatens WR at a range well below MWB damage. Since I'm near positive WR doesn't need to LightSword to 2HKO Pamela of the 0.81 mdur with MegaWindBlast, she just heal-locks until a double, which, thanks to Pamela's egregious turn one speed, should come before running out of JP or HP, Kiss 4 U damage is -suck-. Check-mate, Pamela wishes Silence worked here.
Renee Kearse (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Lenus (Legend of Dragoon) - Clearly superior.
Oerba dia Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) - whee pain

Caina (Wild ARMs 2) vs Ray (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) - EDIT: yeah, I think I give Ray RES enough credit here. He -does- 3HKO Caina to me to boot and might even risk a 3-2, but "slower than Brad" is a fairly wide field, even though it's a wide field of le suck. EDIT: See way below. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN DRUIDS DOUBLE IN THE DL: they turn into scary Heavies.
Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) vs Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear (Tales of the Abyss) - Albert just sucks at applying pressure against a moderately durable healer.
Zegai (Suikoden V) vs Lufia (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) - Thunder resistance isn't enough here, Zegai is way too slow and doesn't even OHKO post-Wrath - or comes that close.

Raticate (Pokémon) vs Zieg Feld (Legend of Dragoon) - ZIEG FELD
Bard (Final Fantasy V) vs Viki (Suikoden Series) - Sigh. I allow Viki4.
Nanami (Suikoden II) vs Blank (Final Fantasy IX) - whatever
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 02:46:18 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 03:15:25 PM »
Why do people vote on Boss Magus but not Boss Kanon? Both spend a fair deal of the game as enemies and Kanon fights you multiple times. I'd say Kanon is more memorable as a boss than a PC as well, much like Magus.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 03:42:32 PM »
Don't look at me, I vote on boss Kanon. >_> I just kinda actually buy the OHKO there.

EDIT: Wait, overrated Lashiec's damage with Another Gate. 158 isn't that hot. 76% PC HP against Kanon's rough 90% PC HP durability.

EDITDIT: So yeah, math just foiled me. Swapped vote for Kanon.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 03:56:07 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 06:02:36 PM »
Heavy

Kanon (Wild ARMs 2) vs Lashiec (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) - yeah, I'll admit.  Forgot how high Lashiec's damage was.  2HKOs, isn't 2HKO'd in turn because PS4 boss.  Also Kanon despises how I take TB speed.
Oerba dia Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Given that I don't allow equipment-swapping on single-battle guests, yeah.  I'll buy Pain hype.

Light

Jogurt (Shining Force) vs Sheena Fujibayashi (Tales of Symphonia) - This
Raticate (Pokémon) vs Zieg Feld (Legend of Dragoon) - Light
Bard (Final Fantasy V) vs Viki (Suikoden Series) - Is
Nanami (Suikoden II) vs Blank (Final Fantasy IX) - Awesome
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 02:55:14 AM »
I'm skeptical of assuming "line attack = no counters," because I believe Tide mentioned that Jude can theoretically counter Boss Kresnik's Circular Volley.  And Caineghis can counter melee-range magic, especially when it has damage attached when the ID misses.  Anyway, since most people assume fights start at melee range, it's move-> Radious Breath to avoid a counter, tank a single Cain hit, then move-> 2 more Breaths.  Which is still enough.

Heavy

Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics)
No equip change, and as noted equip change Delita is at best coinflip anyway.

Middle

Sceptile barely, *barely* 2HKOs Fina from the stat topic (but maybe the damage average is with crits baked in, which would imply Sceptile's damage should use the average damage as well, in which case Sceptile's 2HKO is cleaner).  Sure he can get a crit, but Fina's Stone can hit on turn 1, too.  Anyway, faster 2HKO is enough for me.
Caina (Wild ARMs 2) vs Ray Raigh?? (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword)
Elf: So...  is Caina weak to something else ("weak to dirks"), or was the stat topic entry just plain wrong?
EDIT: Sure I'll buy doubling hype, didn't realize Caina was quite that slow.
Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) vs Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear (Tales of the Abyss)
I don't normally vote Lufia 1, but surely.  Zegai doesn't need a OHKO although he might have it anyway, Lufia's healing is terrible and her pressure is non-existent after the elemental walling nonsense.

Light

Raticate (Pokémon) vs Zieg Feld (Legend of Dragoon)
Didn't know Viki4's Blinking Rune actually acted as ID...  and don't really care, lala Suiko4 doesn't exist.  That said, I think Viki5 wins here unless regen was more badass than I think - she just Yellow Scarves up status halving, and with Bard's stop lasting 2.8 turns (and Confuse lasting uh ~2 turns), Bard isn't really gaining TOO much time for regen hype.  According to the stat topic, Viki5's Set! 3.23 HKOs average, or 2.93 HKOs the frail Bard (mentioning the decimals due to regen).  PLUS Viki5 can randomly chain magic out 2 Set!s.  It seems very easy given 9 shots of Set! for Viki to randomly get Chain Magic -> resist a turn of status -> deadly 3HKO if regen is bad enough.

I'll switch my vote if FF5 regen is more badass than expected.  (EDIT: And Chain Magic was more badass than I was assuming above anyway, so never mind, see below, ~55% trigger rate.)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 06:05:22 PM by SnowFire »

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 04:10:04 AM »
Checking a wiki, Caina doesn't appear to be weak to anything.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 06:31:10 AM »
Godlike

Heavy
Kanon (Wild ARMs 2) vs Lashiec (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium)

Middle

Light

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 07:20:36 AM »
Regarding Magus/Kanon, there are two differences: one is that Magus is a required boss and optional PC, which makes me weight the boss form more heavilly. The other is that there is a plot reason that the PC form is randomly weaker. Neither applies to Kanon of course. That said plot reasons count for much less now than they did before, so I could re-evalute this stance into allowing boss Kanon? It is a required fight and not some optional/cameo/aftergame form. Just need to figure out where to draw the line, I guess!

Not that it matters this week, but I definitely disagree with assuming all fights start at melee. That's giving Cain an advantage he definitely doesn't have in-game. Enemies don't start adjacent to him in-game (and if they DID, and have ranged attacks, they could move away), and Prototype Gear doesn't start adjacent to the PCs either (but does start on a line with two of them). Twisting this into giving Cain free counters before he gets a turn makes little sense to me.

Regarding Viki5... I never saw Chain Magic kick in so I assume that it is terrible (neither Gourry/Dekar bothered to test it I guess) which isn't terribly uncommon for S5 skills. If someone has some tests showing otherwise I'll switch my vote possibly since yeah that becomes decent offence against Bard HP (though: FF5 regen isn't great, but surely it's good enough to stave off the 2.93HKO). Past that... even if Bard's status moves miss half the time, remember that he can try to layer them. If stop hits, then he can use confuse, and vice versa. Since they each last 2 (or more) turns on average, this is on average a lockdown (letting any level of regen heal him). Now in a long streak Viki will get some good luck in and get in some turns of course, but the hope is that regen will offset this. On the other hand, S5 mage mdef is quite high and Bard's best damage is magical... he may be better off going with a knife (Air Knife I guess? Viki can block wind but only at a defence hit, and I'd certainly let Bard choose equips second here since his can be done in-battle). Still takes a long time, so Viki does have a... decent while to get lucky, though is a bit limited by her 9 spell charges of Set, some of which will be wasted on herself while confused. Pretty good fight.

edit: Though I wouldn't see Yellow Scarf resisting confuse since usual note about Suikoden status being a paltry thing and thus my not respecting its blockers much. Stop is kinda like stun sure, but confuse is completely different. Bonus respect points for the bard status moves being really good in-game. So yeah I won't be changing my vote regardless! But leaving the above paragraph for those who disagree with this view.

Random tiebreak which I'm inclined to hold against Viki: while I don't allow her to WIN with Ready/Go (since uh no rewards = fuck that), they arguably should still be valid options for her... which arguably should mean confuse gives her a chance (1/3?) of using one of those on herself, removing herself from the fight and earning her a forfeit. I guess she could unequip the Blinking Rune to avoid the threat of this (if she even can?), but then her damage becomes garbage and I think Bard's chance to win becomes 100%.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 07:23:29 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 09:25:09 PM »
Re Caina: Yeah, it just seemed like a weird error.  Putting down the wrong weakness is one thing, accidentally inventing a weakness is stranger.

Oh, if that's how Prototype Gear actually starts, that might be different (although in that case there'd be a 50% chance of a wasted first turn to move into Radious Breath w/ no Counters hex, which is still better than a 100% required move.).  I certainly don't give Cain credit for that by default!  That's more a WA4 boss thing, since the WA4 hex system is fairly tight and most people assume that bosses start at melee range.  I'd definitely not let PG use its 1-range physical at the start of the battle then, although that is pretty dang rare it'd want to.  (Side note: I always thought Jeremy in the DL was a tad overrated because he usually spends his crucial first turn moving around in-game, and I do remember him starting off at a distance.  Ah well.)

Sounds like I need to go test the CHAIN MAGIC rate.  I actually used Viki5 in-game, the rate was...  okay.  Not amazing for most DL matches, but if the match is slow enough....  I want to say very roughly in the 15-25% range?

Fair enough point that confused Viki might theoretically teleport herself!  That's a flavorful end for pretty much anything involving Viki...  though that teleport might fail and teleport Bard, and it'd be Bard's fault, so he'd eat the forfeit while Viki stood around looking even more confused than usual.  Good times.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 09:59:44 PM »
Jeremy can target some of the PCs on turn 1 with Vulcan Missile but he often moves anyway.

I'm a bit leery about importing the hex system too heavilly into the DL (and am unsure of how to deal with starting positions if I did in some cases, such as where we see the opponent starting...). It does create a bunch of questions for the PCs as well as the bosses, since Jude will often have to move before he can attack too, especially if he plans to use Assault Buster... same with Yulie if she plans to use attacks instead of Sacrifice. (Arnaud and Raquel don't care much.) Still if you're up for it, just try to come up with something consistent and go for it.

Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 10:29:09 PM »
Caina (Wild ARMs 2) vs Ray (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) - Basically a RES respect check against Caina's status whoring. I'll think about it.

For what it's worth, Ray's RES is quite good (close to double average, I believe), so if you force Caina status to run into that (I don't, whee status attached to damage is where GBA FE RES goes home and IIRC WA2 imposed no check of its own) I'm pretty sure it ends up at turn never and Caina has no buisness beating Ray if it does, MT damage be damned, Caina ain't that damaging or durable to beat Nos spam without some form of status, no matter how kind you are to WA2 bosses.

Also this is where I hit you for nomming FE6 Nos spam in Middle.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 10:49:33 PM by Random Consonant »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2013, 01:32:49 AM »
Hey, it worked for Micaiah and Sophia would be arguably overranked with it. *Flees.*

EDIT: Though yeah, I definitely lowballed Ray. His Nos is like 80% healing he -counters- with and it scrapes a 2HKO to boot, not to mention he's just - 1 AS. It's kind of nuts for Middle. He's physically frail (74% PC HP or so), but he does take magic well, and Nos makes him obnoxious to outrace unless you outright OHKO him. I mean, OHKOing Ray happens... in Heavy. Yeah.

EDIT2: JUST REALIZED SOMETHING ABOUT MK1 SLOW. Edited vote for White Rose.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 06:46:49 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2013, 05:30:46 PM »
Also, something just hit me: with Flux, if you consider Caina's speed as equal or worse than Brad's, Ray ACTUALLY DOUBLES CAINA under the formula I and NEB use wtf. I doubt Caina lives through 1.76x PC HP worth of offense even if you're decently generous with his HP, which weakens his case a bit further (only one turn to apply the status he wants just isn't enough).

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2013, 08:41:54 PM »
Hm? Brad is -0.88 SD, which is 78% average by the formula we use. 7*Log2(0.78) yields this as -2.5 AS, which isn't especially close to being doubled by -0.4. By my math you need to be 68% average speed to be doubled by Ray, and while it's tough to say Caina's speed for sure, I'd want evidence before saying that he is that slow (not that I'd be terribly miffed by anyone who disagrees).

Agreed that any doubling here is horrible death... Caina's barely squeaking by here (if at all) as is.

Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2013, 08:46:43 PM »
Oh, I made a mistake there, I assumed Brad's speed was 71% (not sure how that number got etched into my head). On the other hand, I'm probably also misremembering the average AS on FE6 (can't see the spreadsheet at work), so I'll get back to you on that later.

EDIT: Also, any comments on WR vs. Pamela considering MK1 Slow's mechanics?

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2013, 08:53:21 PM »
MK1 slow doesn't kick in until the target has a turn? Then yeah, I think I agree with your analysis.

Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2013, 08:57:25 PM »
MK1 Slow is ridiculous once it gets going, but that wind-up is kinda killer for Pamela. Isolde makes better use of it than she does, which speaks volumes right there.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2013, 08:59:13 PM »
It's pretty academic in any case re: Caina vs. Ray.  Caina may have a shot if he's seen as being only 4HKO'd, but he also needs to avoid a 4-3 cropping up.  If he's 3HKO'd, he *needs* to either get lucky with either sleep or silence, or if Gates of Isolde + 4D Hypo Blast is seen as enough to kill, a lucky disease proc on turn 1, and since Ray's RES is quite good I have my doubts about the latter case.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2013, 09:15:14 PM »
Yeah, my Caina vote hinges on him (a) not being 3HKOed, (b) avoiding a 4-3, and (c) one of silence or sleep landing within three tries (or possibly some combination of poison and disease to set up a kill with 4D Hypo Blast). Starting to look like I should change my vote.

Maybe.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2013, 12:18:16 AM »
As a sidenote, while it was masked by the completely abysmal translation that WA2 gets, the plot reason Kanon's boss forms are stronger is pretty heavily implied to be that she's been dangerously overclocking her cyborg parts.  Of course, WA2 translation, so...take that as you will.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 12:32:43 AM by Namagomi »
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.