Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 119  (Read 3067 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 119
« on: September 22, 2013, 09:51:56 PM »

"Ahh, how unfortunate... yet again, the Wheel of Time turns on itself..."

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------
**Full Heals reset limit and other types of gauges when teams pass through them.
**Characters that join after the start are locked into the relative stats they have at that time until they would officially join.

Team Snowfire | Yuri2 (as Trode), Guv, Yangus, Jessica, Angelo (SSL)
Floor 3b: Divided you Fail
**35% of all damage done by the player team is returned to the character who dealt it as ITD damage, based on whatever damage would be done to the target after all reductions.
Team Snowfire vs. Shadow Yukiko & Shadow Naoto
Team Snowfire vs. Ike, Soren, Titania & Mist (FE9 forms)
Team Snowfire vs. Jecht

Team Djinn | Team Djinn | Mei-Ling, Whimsicott(MT), Nina1, Ryu1, Gilder
**35% of all damage done by the player team is returned to the character who dealt it as ITD damage, based on whatever damage would be done to the target after all reductions.
Team Djinn vs. Shadow Yukiko & Shadow Naoto
Team Djinn vs. Ike, Soren, Titania & Mist (FE9 forms)
Team Djinn vs. Jecht

Team Andy | Ramza, Chemist, Ninja, Worker 8, Beowulf (Spillover JP allowed)
[Ramza: Summoner, Item, Auto-Potion, Short Charge, Float]
[Chemist: Item/Time Magic, others have Item secondary]
Floor 3a: Unified Strength
**On this floor, party and enemy HP is pooled together. If someone is fatally statused, likewise if a character is hit with gravity, that health should be removed.
Team Andy vs. Citan, Billy, Bart and Rico
Team Andy vs. Hashmalum and Velius
Team Andy vs. Seymour Omnis

Team Random | Yuri2, Hilda, FFT Chemist, Raquel (Speed?), Raynie
[Floor 4b: Buff Enough]
*On this floor, all buffs have their effects increased by 50%, debuffs by 25% and the first two rounds of both the enemy and player teams must be either buffs, debuffs (which includes any non-fatal status) or healing
Team Random vs. Ness and Poo
Team Random vs. Alakazam, Mr. Mime and Charizard
Team Random vs. Aeonless Yuna, White Wizard and Priest (FFT)
Team Random vs. Arnaud, Yulie, Lilka and Emma (AC:F)
Team Random vs. Adachi, Alexia (XF) and Alma

Multitarget - One person on the team's actions all become Multitargetted. Moves that were originally MT are not affected by this. Movable.
Damage is reduced by 33%.
Healing is reduced by 33%. (Kindness Drops is 67% MT Healing)
Status hit rates are reduced by 33% (Deadly Fingertips has a 67% chance to ID multiple targets)
Buff and debuff -effects- are reduced by 33%. In the case of moves that reflect damage or effects, this Sealstone has no effect. In a case such as Vanish or Delta Shield, the damage is reduced by 67%.

Status Symbol Law - Team is fully status, debuff and ID immune, but has damage done to them increased by 1.1x and damage done by them decreased to .9x.

Speed? - The effective speed of one character is set to 120% (1.2x) average speed. This number may be further increased by Haste effects.

Spillover Sealstone - Spillover JP is allowed, nothing else is allowed for the classes beyond that.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 11:41:14 PM by Nephrite »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 119
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 04:28:51 AM »
Team Snowfire vs. Shadow Yukiko & Shadow Naoto- Tending to assume that Shadow Naoto is around 4 PC durability. She can spam 25% MT magic or do near borderline damage that also about 6HKOs SP. Shadow Yukiko is like 3.5 PC Durability and is only scary below 75% PC HP. Of course, this means everyone will probably target Shadow Naoto first (with no TDL obviously). Shadow Naoto can cause slowly spreading MT pain, but probably only gets in 2 attacks.

Someone must have clear Ice damage here I would hope. If not, the Charming Princes can add up to something scary. Team will have a bit of difficulty because it has no good way to heal up afterward, and it will need to.

Team Snowfire vs. Ike, Soren, Titania & Mist (FE9 forms)- Good news is that any MT damage that team has avoids the counters. The bad is that...it doesn't avoid the actual aspect of the floor, and Angelo/Jessica/Yuri aren't great at knocking at much of this team before it goes (They can likely reliably get 1 out). Ike does 72% after SSL, Mist 25%, Titania 44%, Soren 70% (Soren is obviously the one to get out, for all that...uh...Jessica's MT may do next to nothing to him and all the physicals eat Counters). But we'll say Soren is gone. Ike and Mist at worst can finish Yuri off pretty clearly any reflected stuff. Titania can just hit Angelo.

Now coming around, Angelo needs to 50/50 revive, so Jessica and Yangus can combine to kill Mist (I hope. Honestly, without TDL in play, Jessica is wonky because that pushes her physical so far down damage wise. Since TDL also is the best damage, no one else is really good at it. So...I hope they can kill Mist, but you throw in a -10% damage penalty, and they could fail). Guv heals Angelo.

Angelo hopes to revive Yuri. Titania kills Yuri. Let's say that Ike doesn't manage to kill Angelo, but messes him up badly. So...patterns repeats, only this time, not even Jessica/Yangus/Guv can all combine to kill someone. Angelo needs to revive and have it work again. Patterns repeat. Titania may be dead. She may not be. Let's say she is. Angelo can try reviving again. If it works, Yuri is killed. If not, pattern repeats minus that by this point.

So basically, they  need to optimize damage that avoids counters (ST physicals are basically out), probably isn't MT (means that they eat a lot of reflected damage), and they need for a 50/50 revival chance to kick in several times. Uh...definitely not liking this match.

Team Snowfire vs. Jecht- If they do get here, I think that eating 50% MT damage every turn is not going to end well. Their best chance may be FUDDLE (Note if is, that Naoto on match 1 may use the move to knock off some of Angelo's SP. He may have SP woes by the end).

Tentative fail. I don't think they like that second match at all. Lot of things that can go wrong here. Could be missing something Yuri has, but my gut says not MT buffs yet (Shania had them way, way earlier from my recollection and she didn't start with them).

...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 09:23:52 PM »
The FE9 fight is the one that matters, I agree.

I wouldn't see the Shadows as nearly that durable, which is good, because as noted the MP damage is bad times, or even something like Galgalim Eyes -> Yukiko poke (SSL shouldn't get gravity, I'd assume).  Luckily Naoto's HP-1 is a 50% HP limit, so if she's seen as having ~1.5-1.8 PCHP or so, she can easily be chipped past that stage.  Shadow Yukiko is owned by Jessica's Insulate - my old notes have it as Floor 3 legal, so Fire damage is getting halved here.

Jecht, if my team can make it to that fight in remotely okay shape, shouldn't be a huge concern either - Stone is out, and his badass MT delay sword is a 67% HP limit.  If you have Jecht HP respect, buff a tad (Oomph Jessica / Guv?) then smash, otherwise just smash.  The team takes recoil damage but whatever, it's the last fight on the floor.

The FE9 fight, well, I don't use Dhyer interps, but I will say that with the doubling / doubled rate FE interp (static amount of damage emitted regardless of opponent speed, skill procs baked in to damage), the team has a lot more trouble.  More on that later.

Using the "enemy speed determines doubles, doubles & procs don't go in damage averages, getting doubled doesn't go in HP average" interp, Jessica opens with Accelerate, which should ensure that nobody on Team FE9 gets a double off.  Angelo uses DAZZLE on Ike (yes it's DQ8 Blind hype time); Ike has average Resistance, Dazzle is listed in the stat topic as an 80% hit rate (and is GT if that matters....), and you can't forge Ragnell's accuracy up.  Yuri2, if he can will OHKO Soren with something physical, but I have no idea if the F3 damage average lets him do this.  Soren is a mighty .53 PDur, so seems possible.  Anyway, the entire team will be alive, BUT Ike is Blinded, Soren might be dead, and Titania & Mist aren't exactly damage champions.  If Soren is dead, I think I can safely say I win easily from here out.  If Yuri can't do it...   buff his own SDef?  The FE9 team goes and probably kills someone, but not Yuri thanks to the buff - Jessica or Angelo.  (But I don't think they can get much more off, unless Adept triggers or Ike hits through Blind.)  Guv throws a 'rang and eats a ton of recoil damage.  Yangus does whatever (heal Guv?  double Titania and maul her but eat a ton of counterattack / Counter / floor damage?).  Round 2, thanks to Acceleratle, everyone on my team goes first.  Guv's 2nd Boomerang throw should finish off Soren & Mist easily (Mist is .52 PCHP durability, ack), if Angelo lived he blinds Titania, if Jessica lived she just shoots magic at her.  Yuri revives whoever was killed.  Yangus does whatever (healing recoil damage?).  By the time FE9 gets their 2nd turn, I've mostly fixed the damage and their team should be wrecked.  Blinded opposition lets me heal up in safety for Jecht, too.  DQ8 Blind is not perfect - it's like a 25% hit rate I want to say? - but even if Ike hits through it, whatever, I waste a turn reviving.  So tentative pass for team DQ8.

--
That all said, I suspect a strategy of turn 1 Blind on Ike helps even vs. the doubling / doubled rates FE interp.  If Acceleratle is useless, Jessica goes for SNOOZE or something instead.  If Ike dodges both Sleep & Blind, then I'm screwed, but if he gets hits with either, then the team can tamp down the incoming damage fast enough to recover.  Guv & Yangus end up playing full-time healers, and it's chancy, but I think enough people can survive to status out the key opposition.  It's a much tougher fight though, no doubt.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 10:47:39 PM »
Blind could help a lot (of course, I think Mist will then choose to cure it. Might buy some time). Definitely not agreeing with "Jessica goes first, makes it so all her team is immune to doubles."

Not sure Yuri has anything at this point in the game that is about .57 PC HP physical (best one off moves tend to be magic)

Would see SSL as getting gravity, but as to P4 boss HP...OK notes. If they are that much worse, then they kind of suck and shouldn't be used. As such, since there aren't any differing notes, would go mostly off of those (which some HP proration).

What is Yangus' healing?

Also, Jecht is unscaled, so he's definitely durable. That 67% limit is a lot more dangerous when it means getting through several bars of HP with no way to get around his defenses.
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 11:40:30 PM »
Yup, I noted that Accelerate's usefulness varies based on FE doubling interp.

Fair point, I totally forgot Mist has status healing.  Hmm.  Less of a concern for the enemy-speed-relevant FE doubles interp, Ike can only get 1 hit off and Angelo just switches to Thwack spam instead until it hits, but that might tip it for your interp.

I've always assumed bosses in the Dungeon as scaled, realize you don't.  Just stating assumptions.  Unscaled Jecht is pretty badass, that gets into how much respect the delay-sword gets vs. TB-speed buffed opponents.  In fact he's sufficiently badass that team DQ8's best strat is probably to stall until everyone except Angelo goes Super Saiyan and then unload with 100 Tension Oomph'd blasts before a Jecht Overdrive, so that means keeping the Yu Pagodas constantly in check.  Maybe doable, but much trickier.  Agree that Unscaled Naoto is pretty badass, I'd see her as even tankier than 4 PCHP based off OK's notes (6 PCHP or so?).  (Also, to be clear, I actually *like* unscaled bosses vs. teams a lot, you'll note that I used it for Parties & Rivals, but I get the impression Neph balances these things around scaled and that's how most people vote, so I'm going with the herd.)

Yangus's healing is terrible, he has like Heal right now, and eventually he'll have Midheal off Humanity.  However it's uh something to do if he doesn't want to trigger recoil damage, and ST healing can sort of fix up recoil damage, so.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:31:03 PM by SnowFire »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 11:56:45 PM »
I assume any boss that comes solo is unscaled, because the whole concept of scaling them down in the DL is that they aren't facing a full team (Delay sword doesn't work against you anyways, SSL and all). He'd just be about spamming more MT than I think you could handle with the damage reflection. However, I'm not assuming Yu Pagodas, so if DQ 8 Confusion is good, that may help! (If it's cancelled by any damage, not so good). Granted, tensioning up to 100 and busting out may still be an excellent strategy anyways overall scaling or no.

That 4 PC HP that OK basically has for Naoto is post scaling!
...into the nightfall.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 04:16:30 AM »
So right there are also other teams. Lots of analysis, not a single end vote.

Team Djinn vs. Shadow Yukiko & Shadow Naoto- Um...well. My gut reaction is that this is a hell of a fight for them. No idea what Whimiscott has, but I don't think it's damage. It definitely has some buffs that are great with MT, but again, no idea what it has at floor 3. It kind of matters, because Nina1 gains spells at a horribly slow pace, and none of the rest have a lot to be really helpful here. Mute Ray just is not fun here overall either.
Team Djinn vs. Ike, Soren, Titania & Mist (FE9 forms)- Again, large variance depending on what the Whim hass.
Team Djinn vs. Jecht

DO PEOPLE THINK AUTO-POTION IS REASONABLE SPILLOVER AT THIS POINT?

**On this floor, party and enemy HP is pooled together. If someone is fatally statused, likewise if a character is hit with gravity, that health should be removed.
Team Andy vs. Citan, Billy, Bart and Rico- Hmm, so while the CT team specialized in MT offense, the key here is Hasting and then Billy MT healing. So eliminate Billy ASAP. Granted, Ninja can't do that alone. Citan Hastes Billy, Ninja Attacks, Billy heals.

The XG team is not good at killing in this style, but Bart is good at shutting down some damage types (Halving Ramza's damage or ruining Ninja's accuracy). But I think Beowulf should work well enough here

Team Andy vs. Hashmalum and Velius- Hashmalum, just bad HP, better speed than Ninja. Are Stop blockers storebought at this point? Slow isn't very scary. Granted...I guess they have about 2.5 PC HP between the two of them (mostly from Velius). So Hashmalum has what am I assuming is pretty large AoE stuff (which will be much less scary if Auto Potion is widespread). Ninja rips off 70% or something. Velius will obviously status out Ramza. Worker 8 can do live 0.65 (using his HP).

If the team can get Stop blockers and has Auto-Potion, they take probably manage this

Team Andy vs. Seymour Omnis- If he gets here, free win! Thanks Worker 8....was what I was going to say until I just realized that it meant that Ultima's overall damage was just cut 20%. That still means that Seymour is doing a large amount. I was going to say that Shiva was a cool thing here, but not in FFT.

So Seymour has 2.5 PC HP to me scaled, laughs at Ninja's damage attempts. Ramza's damage is probably 30% after hitting Seymour's Mdef, and not exactly spammable. W8 actually is decent here, because the HP cannibalization is not so bad. Uh...this probably depends very heavily on auto potion. I guess...is it dungeon reasonable to be running around with 99 X-Potions at this point anyways. I figure that you are still needing money for equips and such.

*On this floor, all buffs have their effects increased by 50%, debuffs by 25% and the first two rounds of both the enemy and player teams must be either buffs, debuffs (which includes any non-fatal status) or healing

Speed Order is Raquel, Yuri 2, Slim Hilda, Raynie, Fat Hilda, Chemist (I think. My gut is that Chemist will not be optimizing for speed because then he is one of the first two and his first turn is wasted anyways. Yuri beats out Slim Hilda by virtue of Kurando may not joining until floor 5?)

Raquel is often prompted first to use Poison Bite (which does no damage though), but since I think Hilda goes after Yuri

Team Random vs. Ness and Poo- Raquel does whatever, Poo cuts physicals by 75% MT, Yuri 2 Energy Charges. Now for me, Ness is 96% speed. I don't think Fat Hilda is faster than that, but that means that Ness uses 50% MT Sleep. Granted, it's not like Ness/Poo really have anything approaching damage so I guess this is trivial.
Probably straightforward from here.
Team Random vs. Alakazam, Mr. Mime and Charizard- Alakazam goes and cuts physicals by 75%, Raquel Poison Bites, Charizard slows Hilda, Mr. Mime cuts Magic by 75%. But hell, Hilda is most of the way to a turn, and buffed Yuri 2HKOs Alakazam through defense up anyways
Team Random vs. Aeonless Yuna, White Wizard and Priest (FFT)- Raquel poison bites, Yuna Protects an WW. Now, Yuna can halve Death and arguably WW can cast a buff to help her resist it even further. Chemist's Ether is great here, because Hilda would definitely be out of MP otherwise. I do almost wonder if WW may get time to get nigh unkillable though (cut physicals by 75%, buff to perfect evade), but...oh god, does Yuri realistically have Howling yet?

I honestly think without that WW becomes too unkillable (Raquel's damage is evadable, Yuna gets two turns, so Shell gets up too). Even with that, it's endless (May come down to something like how many Ethers you see Chemist as having).

Team Random vs. Arnaud, Yulie, Lilka and Emma (AC:F)- Assuming they all get here, Arnaud casts Slow Down on Raquel (I guess) and Lilka casts Quick on someone. Hilda should be able to have a double by now, and can use a physical and a tech and combine with Raynie to eliminate Yulie. Yuri buffs up and KOs Lilka. I think Emma can revive, but it's not going to matter.
Team Random vs. Adachi, Alexia (XF) and Alma- Royal Cheer here is fun. Of course, Hilda gets license to ID Alexia then, and while Alma can tank up, she is not at all proficient at killing. Adachi is around, but eh.

So comes down to the third fight, which is fascinating. Would love to hear others thoughts on it.

...into the nightfall.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 04:45:46 AM »
Uh gosh.  *FAQs* Looks like Howling is Lv8 on the earth fusion so that's probably a no unless Yuri beelines like mad for it, which is probably going to involve giving up other things.  MT buffs may be reasonable though.

Raynie has G-Element spells by now so putting Surge/Entrance on her should leave a smouldering crater or two, the issue there being that Yuna can just throw Reflect on people first.  I personally question Yuna getting that Deathward equip but blah blah, differing interps, and there's the question of whether Grand Slam's ID either is 100% or perfect, since in the latter case it won't do squat (nor will WW's NulDeath, for that matter.)  Of course this also assumes DoS WW, since I assume that has the greater resource depth required to be that annoying.  If Yuri and/or Raquel are allowed to commit to offense before WW get her second turn then this may not be a problem.  Assuming Yuri has Arc Gale for a moment and that Hilda is casting Rage on people, if WW does anything but buff evade, both Yuri (presumeably with casting Energy Charge on his second turn) and Raquel hit her and she dies, Protect or no.  If WW buffs evade but Yuna casts Protect on her, one of the two can miss but she's probably pretty badly off, enough so that others can finish.  If Yuna throws up Reflect instead then uh... well.  Of course this *also* assumes that the team can not only get what's effectively a 3-2 on WW in this span of time (particularly Yuri since I know Arc Gale has some hefty delay attached, though in theory that could be made up for by other buffs being fast), but Yuna as well.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 04:48:56 AM by Random Consonant »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 05:27:50 AM »
I'm a DoS only voter, so yeah, no bearing on how FF1 o does

Hmm, I thought the DoS WW halved elements naturally via equips, but apparentally not. This would buy some time except...it also means that Priest' obvious first action is Shell WW. I don't think that EC Yuri and Raquel can actually kill WW under Protect (at least, not without some Intrude stuff) because that would mean that Yuri would need to go like over 3 PC HP damage.

Raquel (Poison Bite WW)
Yuna (Protect WW)
Yuri (EC; I think this may be necessary or Priest/Yuna get simo turns and kill him)
WW (Blink)
Raynie (Spell?)
Hilda (Entrance)
Chemist (Whatever)
Priest (Esuna or Shell or Cure or Regen)
Yuri (Attack...Priest)
Yuna (Heal/Esuna. Reflect doesn't work well, because then WW can't heal)
Raquel (Try to attack)
WW (Blink)

Yeah, sure, I think Raynie should help here combined with POIZN. Yes, I think Poizn is the clincher.

Pass for Team Random
...into the nightfall.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 05:36:54 AM »
Well I assume Raquel can use Moonlight on the first two turns if she has it?  I forget when she gets that though (just general musing here, to be clear).

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 06:01:44 AM »
I thought of that. I guess that should count as a buff (my first thought was that MP healing wouldn't count as a buff, but I guess bar that starts at 0 is a different matter).
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 12:18:07 AM »
For Team Andy: I think Auto-Potion off spillover is reasonable, yes.  I'm not sure it matters!  Andy lols the Zodiacs to me and I don't see why Ultima would hit through Worker 8's magic nulling, so W8 solos if he can survive, and the Zodiacs are pretty bad vs. Worker 8 anyway.  However, for the XG fight, that is just a nightmare resource mismatch.  Even if Andy is given 50 Hi-Potions and 10 Ethers or something (are Ethers even storebought yet?) he will run out, Billy has cheap MT healing that undoes like all of Andy's work, Citan can get EP-cheap MT healing as well, and except for uh Moogle/Fairy all of Andy's healing is ST.  Wild Smiling the damage source makes it even more obscene.  XG cast pretty much blocks all of the vanilla FFT stuff to me..  so...  I'll need more details about Chicken.  I know that some bosses immune it, but it seems like the kind of status PCs can't really immune without something absurdly specific - how does it work?  What happens if you Esuna someone with 5 Brave?  Can Chickens do anything?  Basically Andy wins or loses based off either Chicken or maybe uh ASPIL to EP-drain Billy some.

For Team Random: I personally wouldn't see Moonlight as a "buff."  Anyway, with the whole +50% effect, just a single RUSE from WW knocks their evasion up hugely, and Yuna can open with a boosted Shell on WW?  Thing is, Entrance is boosted too, and Raynie has unusually good damage this floor I want to say (she's got G-spells, Stocke doesn't, Aht doesn't have Cross Star, Gafka is lagging a tad as well) so this is like .60* 2.5*1.5 = 2.25 PCHP damage off G-whatever (!!), and even has 3 different elements to pick from to screw with a NulX strategy from Yuna or WW.  Shell would cut damage by 75%, though, so that ends up as "only" .56 PCHP damage...  but WW would have eaten a boosted WA4 POIZN shot....  hmm, this is a tricky match indeed.  I suspect it actually comes down to turn order hype. That said, for such headaches I'm usually willing to tiebreak for the player, so sure, I'll vote pass with Dhyer.

For Team Djinn: I don't know Whimsicott well enough to vote Team Djinn unless Djinn wants to remind us what 4 abilities he has and what his stats look like on F3.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 12:52:17 AM »
Shared HP bar, so while Worker 8 immunes Ultima, his HP bar does not! Ditto same thing with the Zodiacs. Their goal is to get as many people under evil status, then unload damage.

Yeah, if you let XG get all of Beowulf's statuses at once, then Andy's team kind of cries. I let them get one, so not a big deal.

I guess...are only the High-Potions storebought at this point? It doing 70 HP per Auto Potion would make me worried here that Seymour will just overwhelm.

Note that for sanity, I am assuming that W8's Works take 25% of his HP bar and not the full bar HP. I am assuming that Shock works off Beowulf's HP and not the full bar. Obviously by the rules of the floor this could be seen otherwise.

Worth noting, I guess Beowulf's Brave is 45.

(Actually, Raynie does less than 0.56 as WW cuts magic by 1/3. Not mattering, it's close, the fight is weird, going for the PC team there).
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 08:28:55 PM »
I would think the bigger problem for Andy's team is the XG team getting out Haste and Citan running laps around all of them.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2013, 08:33:22 PM »
Beowulf's Brave barely matters, though.  Fewer auto-potion prots but that can be fixed by tossing items, the real worry is running out of items.

Asked chat, and basically nothing on the PC side (except W8!) immunes Chicken in FFT...  and I also forgot Beowulf has Innocent, as well.  I don't see that as really immunable, either.  And Chicken can't be fixed aside from waiting a bunch of turns.  So I suppose Andy has this after all with unstoppable statuses Billy can't deal with.  Pass.

Neph: Running laps into a shared-HP bar vs. Auto-Potion, though, with every other party member able to toss items on their own turn.  Oh, it'll deplete that Hi-Potion supply quickly, but the goal is ultimately "run Andy out of resources" not murder the entire team.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2013, 09:05:53 PM »
So...okay, it looks like if X-Potion is floor 4, so is Jade Armlet. This is pretty bad, because it means that Hashmalum can start fatal statusing immediately. So

Hashmalum- Stop Ninja
Velius- Confuse Ramza
Chemist- Twiddle thumbs
Beowulf- Silence someone?
W8- Work of some kind
Hashmalum, Velius- Stop, Confuse...etc

Yeah, if they can't block it's a loss. Of course, looking at it, not sure I exactly see the team having 50K to spend on just Hi-Potions alone. That seems really high to me.

Tentative vote on fail.
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2013, 03:56:51 PM »
Do please finalize votes so I can update Monday! Thanks!

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2013, 05:58:02 PM »
I pass, thinking Andy fails

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2013, 11:26:39 PM »
So finalizing, Djinn fails on the account that no one seems to know what his PCs can do, and if no one can vote it's kind of pointless for the team to move on.

For Snowfire, well, let's reanalyze with what has been brought up now
Super Rough Guesses on Damage
Jessica
TDL- 190 Damage over 2 hits, unfocuses randomly (33% damage over 2 hits)
Whiplash- 40 Physical Damage+40% Paralysis (14% Damage)
Sap- Chance to Halve Enemy Defense
Oomph- Double Attack Power for 1 hit, no crits
Insulate- MT Halve Ice/Fire
Bounce- Reflect Magic, Self Only
Accelerate- Boosts PC speed
Snooze- 67% Sleep
Boom- 60 MT Explosion Magic (32%)
Crackle- 70 Ice Magic (25%)
Frizzle- 100 Lightning Magic (35%)
Cadeceus- Heals 35% HP
Magic Barrier- 20% MT magic reduction

Angelo (Probably about 125???? MP)
Attack- 50 (18%)(
Swoosh- 60 Wind, 4 MP (21%)
Fullheal- 6 MP
Zing- 50% chance of 50% Revival, 8 MP
Buff- Raises Def 50%, 2 MP
Kabuff- Raises defense 25% , MT, 3 MP
Thwack- 40% ID, 7 MP
Dazzle- 80% Bling, 5 MP
Fuddle- 60% Confuse, 5 MP
Bounce- Reflect Magic, Self Only, 4 MP
Fizzle- 40% Silence, 3 MP
Drain Magic- Drains 12 MP

Yuri- 250? MP, 35? SP
Amon (5 SP)- Body/Mind Revival (Full Healing, SP Healing and Revival?)- 48 MP
Probably about 55% base magic, 45% Physical
Barbaria (4 SP)- Energy Charge
Orexis (4 SP)- Mind Assault

Guv
Attack- 45 ST Damage (16%)
Midheal- 35% ST Healing
Zap- 70 MT Lightning Damage (25%)
Sizzle- 50 Fire Magic (18%)
Fizzle- 33% MT Silence

Yangus xxx
To get Midheal, he is slightly deoptimizing damage. He has a basic physical at about 50 (18%).
He could have Parallax for about 95 damage. The sad thing? I think he may actually need Midheal.
Midheal- 35% ST Healing
Kabuff- MT Def up 25%
Share Magic- Might actually be useful

This came out worse than I thought but at least Angelo can get MP back a few ways if needed.

So Jecht is like 5 PC HP to me. They really need a massive damage swarm. Did Tension work on both hits of TDL? How was that Confuse?

With Yu Pagodas, it would be a slaughter. Bye MP, bye MP, bye MP, bye MP, bye MP (Luckily as noted, I don't allow those, although I suppose it would mean that Jessica and Yuri would waster turns)
...into the nightfall.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2013, 08:16:31 AM »
Team Snowfire vs. Shadow Yukiko & Shadow Naoto
Team Snowfire vs. Ike, Soren, Titania & Mist (FE9 forms)
Team Snowfire vs. Jecht - Yuri's Arc Buff spells are not only L6, but only show up on Grade Max fusions, which means that Soul Drops have to start showing up first, which is...  F4 at the earliest?  Jessica easily has Crackle at this point (or whatever the Ice line was), but...  I don't think I have the energy to actually figure it out.  Note to Dhyer: Tension DOES affect both hits of TDL, so no worries about that.

Team Djinn vs. Shadow Yukiko & Shadow Naoto - Yeah, not...  Exactly sure what Djinn can do here.  Mei-Ling doesn't have MWB yet, relegating her to healing/revival duty along with Nina1.  Whimsicott is decent in this team since his mere presence means that all non-damaging moves have initiative, but there's a problem with that:
Ryu1's dragon transformations are already initiative, but take up his turn to cast.
Nina1 has really nothing that's useful to use here.
Whimsicott has almost no damage yet, so its best best is to use MT Growth and hope for the best, maybe.  That is, unless, you count Razor Leaf criticals being enough to knock down Yukiko and Naoto, also giving Whimsicott a press turn, and then it's...  Only debatably going first?  After that, Yukiko still blows it up.
Not sure if Gilder starts with Increm, but that's probably his best bet for being useful, since thanks to Whimsicott, it has initiative.
Mei-Ling can't really contribute damage yet, and isn't immune to Silence (Nina also has this problem).

Naoto starts spamming Mute Ray on Nina then Mei-Ling, and now the team is generally in bad straights, since the damage at this point will be kind of overwhelming.  In short, these two are kind of...  The perfect counter to Djinn's team?  I pretty much have to lean fail here.
Team Djinn vs. Ike, Soren, Titania & Mist (FE9 forms)
Team Djinn vs. Jecht

Team Andy vs. Citan, Billy, Bart and Rico
Team Andy vs. Hashmalum and Velius
Team Andy vs. Seymour Omnis - Abstaining.  Entire team is FFT, which I can't claim to have played well enough to know how it works here in the dungeon.

Team Random vs. Ness and Poo
Team Random vs. Alakazam, Mr. Mime and Charizard
Team Random vs. Aeonless Yuna, White Wizard and Priest (FFT)
Team Random vs. Arnaud, Yulie, Lilka and Emma (AC:F)
Team Random vs. Adachi, Alexia (XF) and Alma - Yeah, I'd say the team is built well enough to deal with this floor.  Gale is kinda sick, and the rest of the team's buffs are just nuts.  The only way this team can lose if enough people are hit with Sleep on the EB fight, and...  I don't think that's enough to stop the bulldozer?

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2013, 11:08:05 PM »
Jessica's Magic Barrier doesn't reduce magic, IIRC, it just reduces status hit rates one "tier"?  Could be wrong.  Anyway, as Magic Fanatic already noted, Tension does affect both hits of TDL.  Additionally, double-checking Elf's stat topic, the Yu Pagodas are not a big deal in that they aren't faster than Jessica / Angelo, and tie with Yuri2, and any of htose 3 has some weak MT to clean 'em out.  Also, I want to say that their AI is always use Power Wave anyway unless 1 is dead?  (2x Power Wave is still pretty bad for my team, of course, but...)  However, I can't fault you for voting Fail on my team, as already noted Ike under Dhyer interps is way way scarier and has Mist to clean out non-ID statuses.

Final votes for clarity: Random, Andy, & I pass.  Djinn is ??? since he never said what Whimsicott has.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2013, 09:13:07 AM »
Wait wait, Prankster makes -everyone- on my team use their non-damage moves as initiative?

Yeah... if what Magic says is right, even -I- don't know what all my team can do. Sorry guys, I've been working like triple shifts this week at work and just did -not- have time to research my team. I apologize.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2013, 01:35:03 PM »
Actually, I was running on the assumption that Prankster worked like that back when I made that post, but later discovered what I thought to be evidence for myself that it did not.  Not sure what to say to that, aside from "sorry".

As a note, trying to find a spot that said it one way or the other is a pain - searched through several different sites before I found one that seemed to explain Prankster's targeting ability.  Only writing down the specific wording of the ability does not help people that haven't played that specific game!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 02:30:14 PM by Magic Fanatic »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2013, 06:15:01 PM »
Jessica's Magic Barrier doesn't reduce magic, IIRC, it just reduces status hit rates one "tier"?  Could be wrong. 

This would be pretty bad, since it means she needs to put Bounce up to avoiding being one turned, and the flip is that then only she can heal herself. When she dies, it ties up the two best damage dealers (herself and Yuri if they want reliable revival).
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2013, 02:48:13 AM »
Fail Djinn, abstain Random (no Raynie). Fail to Andy. Citan post haste has an absolutely insane amount of speed. If Andy's team does get through that fight, it is going to cost them most of their potions to do so. Too bad, Andy's team is cool!

Pass Snowfire. Buffs should see him past the FE fight, which is by far the most dangerous of the group.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...