Author Topic: RPGDL 2013 Season 3, Week 4  (Read 2305 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
RPGDL 2013 Season 3, Week 4
« on: October 14, 2013, 06:04:11 AM »
Godlike

Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Orgulla (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose)
Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)

Heavy

Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Marcello (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)
Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) vs Jinx (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)

Middle

Sara (Breath of Fire) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Rikku (Final Fantasy X) vs Lani (Final Fantasy IX)

Light

Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
Logg (Suikoden V) vs Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)

Data Mine

Please suggest up to two games for next week's data updates.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: RPGDL 2013 Season 3, Week 4
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 06:17:15 AM »
Godlike

Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Orgulla (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose): Probably more durable. The damage gap is best not talked about, for the spear's sake.
Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy): I think. He can pile on lots of damage at once to avoid the worst of a limit.

Orgulla vs. Reicher (if we get that) will be a hell of a nasty finals between two high Godlikes who haven't seen much play; looking forward to it!

Heavy

Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Marcello (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King): Marcello has no crits or ITD damage, and his offence isn't overwhelming enough by any means... and much of it triggers counters to boot. (Only having one MT attack made him bad in-game, makes him bad here.)
Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) vs Jinx (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars): In theory an untimed block means death but meh, whatever. Could be argued here.

Middle

Sara (Breath of Fire) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time): Don't view Albel's draining as good enough due to not considering berserk. To boot he'll run Sara out of MP before he runs her out of HP (especially if Sara helps him along this path by spamming her magic) and ruin his own resources.
Rikku (Final Fantasy X) vs Lani (Final Fantasy IX): 2HKOs and outdamages Al Bhed Potion healing. Rikku will probably be able to stall for an overdrive, but she can't use an overdrive without losing immediately due to Mix's huge recharge time and the fact that Lani 2HKOs. EDIT: Mighty G should get the job done actually, Haste means Lani only gets one more turn and Shell means she can survive the following shot. Did not expect Rikku to deserve a path to the Middle finals (and possibly a championship).

Light

Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy): Any help guys?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 07:14:18 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 06:23:13 AM »
Godlike

Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Orgulla (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose)- Kneejerk the durability gap as too big.
Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- Probably.

Heavy

Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Marcello (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)
Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) vs Jinx (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)

Middle

Rikku (Final Fantasy X) vs Lani (Final Fantasy IX)- I think?

Light

Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- Tanks Mao's damage harder than Mao tank's hers.
Logg (Suikoden V) vs Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)- *skim* Logg still needs two hits for a crit threat to force Yukari to heal, so he can't pressure her resources faster than she pressures his.

Data Mine

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 06:32:23 AM »
Marcello's damage is sufficient to kill Sephiran if it came in one big hit, but spreading it out over 2 vs. excellent subtractive defense is not where you want to be.

With Use's 1.5x recharge time, and the fact that Lani has less damage than usual due to Rikku nulling Lightning, I think she can stay afloat fine vs. Lani.  Wait until a Rikku double is coming up then use Mix?  I'd be inclined to allow the full suite from Mix which probably does something nasty anyway, but suspect the storebought Haste / Protect / Shell is enough to not die while waiting for another turn, and once she gets it, she can Hastily heal back up, then never ever lose behind Protect / Shell / Haste.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 06:39:21 AM »
Godlike

what

Heavy

flargenhorf

Middle

Rikku (Final Fantasy X) vs Lani (Final Fantasy IX) - Unless I'm missing something or my estimates are wrong, Mighty Guard should offset Mix's inherent lag well enough (and come up early enough to me) that it wouldn't be an instant loss, since I don't give FF9 bosses full credit for their speed.  Aera doesn't outdo ABP spam by that much, anything better is out due to armor, and MG apparently does run off storebought.

Light

Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Gut that blocking water is enough.  Or really even halving it and still being able to remove Red Nova from the equasion, Serph was kind of a lucky draw for the cat.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 06:47:53 AM by Random Consonant »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 07:00:00 AM »
Godlike

Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Orgulla (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose)

Heavy

Middle

Sara (Breath of Fire) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- Personally not inclined to worry too much about Albel losing because of killing Sara's MP myself. Do BoF bosses even have MP counts? She's horrible at killing and she's slow. He stays afloat until she dies.

Light

Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 07:12:40 AM »
Oh right, I somehow forgot Mix added Haste AND Shell, parsing that either alone wouldn't be enough. Think that flips my vote.

Do BoF bosses even have MP counts?

Yes. Sara's MP is pretty low even, she runs out after ~7 Gales IIRC (which can very reasonably happen in-game).

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 01:49:42 PM »
Godlike

Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Orgulla (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose) - Oh dear god.
Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - This is actually kind of close? But there's the issue where I actually would be amenable to seeing Rupert as breakable (vulnerable to Rob Turn - it's kinda sketchy an analogy, but it works as a tiebreaker), and if you -do-, this pretty much takes any doubts on who wins this. Reicher could even survive a lowish HP Maximum Risk off raw HP to boot, so I guess.

Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) vs Jinx (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - nope.gif. Jinx doesn't like me taking all timed blockable physicals at halved damage.

Sara (Breath of Fire) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - That draining ain't working long-term.
Rikku (Final Fantasy X) vs Lani (Final Fantasy IX) - This is some high-grade spoiling.

Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - They effectively 4HKO each other and Lily is -always- faster during that time. Not sure what's so problematic here, Lily doesn't even need to equip for Fire immunity/Ice immunity whatever. EDIT: I mean, a double -may- be a point? Hmmm. Mao's better off using Red Nova if Lily goes for the default setup, actually (she BARELY 4HKOs Lily with SCP, the 4HKO with Red Nova is more solid). And Gale Rod also 4HKOs, so Lily's probably better off going straight for the default setup. So, lessee... with a double on the third turn, two Red Novas+a Gale Rod/Red Nova, Mao probably manages to land a KO. But, at 2.95 turns, Lily has gotten roughly 6200 MK2 damage in, and that's about 1.2x overkill, and I even -suppose- Mao could be able to survive that ... BUT Lily could sacrifice 20 to all her stats to boost her elemental damage by 20% via titles, and she oughta actually gain out in damage (the boosts -do- stack continuously from what I remember), and she's still faster than Mao this way. This won't get Lily two-rounded or anything (and Mao won't get enough stock before her third turn anyway), so well. EDIT: Another thing! I don't remember whether Gale Rod hits high or low, but if it hits HIGH, Mao's just screwed here: she can't use it as an alternate option to avoid resistances/immunity, Lily equips Fire immunity and rides her way to victory, especially since, IIRC, stock-busting moves can't be used as openers (so she's stuck with her -physical- as the best damage, which inquestionably rams into Blocker and adds up with multihits). But still. Feels like there are a bunch of ways Lily can secure victory here.
Logg (Suikoden V) vs Yukari Takeba (Persona 3) - Little bit of a resource disparity here and Yukari can apply extra pressure with her status weapons. Icy poizn gets healed away.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 06:49:12 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 02:51:47 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Sara (Breath of Fire) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- Sara is horrible to me, so...

Light

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 05:09:22 PM »
Heavy

Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Marcello (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)- Kneejerk.
Middle

Sara (Breath of Fire) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- I pretty strongly disagree with holding Sara against the DHrt; the game beats you over the head to use it on Zog.  That said, Sara gets scaled against the four PC's who aren't awful at the end of the game (Puka/Ryu/Nina/Deis) and has absolutely terrible speed and some damage issues.

Light

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 07:58:46 PM »
Do BoF bosses even have MP counts?

Yes. Sara's MP is pretty low even, she runs out after ~7 Gales IIRC (which can very reasonably happen in-game).

Interesting. Not like I think it conceptually changes my vote here, since given HP or MP kills in SO 3, I don't have a problem of saying Albel just keeps going with it until he HP kills regardless.
...into the nightfall.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 02:53:44 AM »
Godlike

Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Orgulla (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose): Orgulla has more damage and durability and speed.
Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy): Reicher. stronger and more durable.

Heavy

Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Marcello (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King): Marcello. One-rounds.
Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) vs Jinx (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars): Alicia.

Sara (Breath of Fire) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time): Albel. drains her for either an MP or HP kill.
Rikku (Final Fantasy X) vs Lani (Final Fantasy IX): Rikku. haste and healing.

Light

Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy): Mao? elem resists?
Logg (Suikoden V) vs Yukari Takeba (Persona 3): Yukari. no thunder.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 06:04:46 AM »
Heavy

Middle

<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 06:41:32 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Marcello (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) - The counters give him fits.
Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) vs Jinx (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - Am I willing to buy that Alicia can perfect block the ID move? Sure.

Middle

Sara (Breath of Fire) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - Really unsure here.
Rikku (Final Fantasy X) vs Lani (Final Fantasy IX) - Stall to mighty guard does the trick, sure.

Light

Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - This one falls under "similar games, one is better at it".
Logg (Suikoden V) vs Yukari Takeba (Persona 3) - The difference in resources here is amazing. Yukari brings a status weapon and plinks/heals her way right into the finals.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2013, 09:04:35 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Ranking Ideas:
Radiata Stories
Tales of Xillia

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2013, 04:43:01 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
vs Marcello (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)

Middle

Light

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2013, 07:29:56 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2013, 09:09:06 PM »
Godlike

Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Orgulla (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose) - Not close.
Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Ru...Rei...uh...yeah, I suppose.

Heavy

Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Marcello (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) - Mantle.
Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) vs Jinx (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - Yeah, I don't assume perfect blocking 100% of the time, so she fails eventually.

Middle

Sara (Breath of Fire) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - BoF bosses have MP, so MP kill.
Rikku (Final Fantasy X) vs Lani (Final Fantasy IX) - Easy.

Light

Logg (Suikoden V) vs Yukari Takeba (Persona 3) - No comments.

Data Mine - I assume they don't have to be RPGs based on the listing, so...
Mega Man 3
Batman: Arkham Asylum
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2013, 10:43:21 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2013, 06:55:24 AM »
Godlike

Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Orgulla (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose)- iiiiiiiiii
Rupert Dandridge (Wild ARMs XF) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- iiiiiiii

Heavy

Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- iiiiiiiiii vs Marcello (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)- ii
Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)- iiiiiiiii vs Jinx (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- iii

Middle

Sara (Breath of Fire)- iiiii vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- iiiiiiii
Rikku (Final Fantasy X)- iiiiiiiiiiiiii vs Lani (Final Fantasy IX)- i

Light

Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- i vs Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- iiiiiiiii
Logg (Suikoden V) vs Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)- iiiiiiiii