Author Topic: RPGDL 2013 Season 3 Finals and Rankings  (Read 3199 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
RPGDL 2013 Season 3 Finals and Rankings
« on: October 21, 2013, 07:04:01 AM »
Godlike

Orgulla (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)

Heavy

Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)

Middle

Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) vs Rikku (Final Fantasy X)

Light

Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)

Rankings: For the following games, please indicate if you would Rank them in the DL, or Reject them from further ranking consideration.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (11/20)
Mega Man X: Command Mission (11/20)
Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra (12/20)

Data Mine:  Please indicate if you have played the following games.  Additionally, if you would object to ranking them on mechanical or other non-playership grounds, please note this as well.

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem
Radiata Stories
Tales of Xillia
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: RPGDL 2013 Season 3 Finals and Rankings
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 07:23:14 AM »
While I'm totally down with Pyro's interp for VP2 weapons, I suspect Alicia still doesn't quite have the oomph to smash through here.

Albel pulled it out vs. Sara, eh.  There goes Rikku's legit championship run.  Anyway, I definitely allow common steals for Mix use (logic: spamming common steals for Use will run you out faster than you can steal 'em back.  Spamming your best for each Mix is quite doable, though.), so Rikku surely wins if she can Overdrive - checking the Nyarlie list, "Krysta (3 hits of 900 elemental damage to random targets + Sleep/Dark/Silence/Poison/Full Break)" sounds like it'll do the trick.  And she can even equip confusion-halving.  However, even with Triple OD, I suspect Rikku won't Mix fast enough - unless Albel's damage while Aura Walling is better than I think, since perversely he wants to do as little damage as possible here.
EDIT: See Elf, apparently Confuseward isn't "confusion halving" it's "Confusion chance -50%" so Aura Wall does nothing.

--
Rankings:
DNR FFTA2.  I've played it and it mostly doesn't translate, except for maybe uh VAAN.

I haven't played MMXCM.

Rank XS3 (although I've pretty well made my peace with it never getting in at this point).

Data mine:
I haven't played any of the listed games, although I could theoretically play PA3 whenever and am interested, and will probably pick up ToX if I can get a 20 dollar copy at the alleged Black Friday sale of legend.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 07:43:15 AM by SnowFire »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 07:32:44 AM »
Godlike

Orgulla (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy): I'll get back to this when I have time. Good match! EDIT: See below.

Heavy

Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria): Yeah Alicia isn't punching past the regen. She can get 70% holy resist though, but... inclined to see Sephiran's AoE as non-elemental even if I don't see Nihil turning off elemental resist, so can probably punch through with SOME combination of crit/Corona/counters/etc. eventually. To be sure, I can see this match arguably being an infinite stall, but when there exist valid interps which make it not one, and none that really let Alicia outright win, I'm inclined to vote for Seph.

Middle

Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) vs Rikku (Final Fantasy X): Good -lord-. I don't give Rikku anything but storebought items and she is still going to win a championship, WTF. Confuse Ward armour + not having MP = Albel's a Light, heal until overdrive.

Do not rank FFTA. It sounds problematic generally.
Rank MMXCM. Yes!
Abstain on XS3. It's probably harmless enough although the fact that its most popular dueller by far doesn't have a stat topic entry is really weird. If people want to argue me on this one feel free.

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War - Played about an hour. Count this as a not played.
Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem - Played. I would not support ranking it though, it is a strictly worse idea than Shadow Dragon which is already problematic.
Radiata Stories - Not played.
Tales of Xillia - Not played.
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 - Not played.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 05:10:52 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 07:43:53 AM »
Godlike

Orgulla (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy- Gut reaction of slightly less Orgulla damage respect. Normally not enough to matter, but maybe here.

Heavy

Middle

Light

Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)- And Lily is so happy that Yukari beat Lucius

Rankings: For the following games, please indicate if you would Rank them in the DL, or Reject them from further ranking consideration.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (11/20)- Played, do not rank. Bad PCs, generic hordes with a chaotic in game to duel translation thanks to at time very random drops that are tied to skills, no bosses.
Mega Man X: Command Mission (11/20)- Played, rank
Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra (12/20)- Played, rank I guess

Data Mine:  Please indicate if you have played the following games.  Additionally, if you would object to ranking them on mechanical or other non-playership grounds, please note this as well.

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War- Not played
Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem- Not played
Radiata Stories- Played
Tales of Xillia- Not played
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3- Not played
...into the nightfall.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 07:50:41 AM »
Voting ability what is that can you eat it

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (11/20) - Abstain.
Mega Man X: Command Mission (11/20) - Rank
Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra (12/20) - Abstain

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War - Played
Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem - Played
Radiata Stories - Not played
Tales of Xillia - Not played
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 - Played

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 12:50:04 PM »
Orgulla (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - This is an incredible match. Orgulla needs three turns to pump out her gross offense (one to hit Manes, one to buff attack and one to fully boost). By that time, lessee... Reicher can pump out roughly a 3.03x PC HP minimum (may be missing a few key timed drops). HOWEVER, he can actually survive a single Orgulla turn after you factor in his initial shield. Ouch. And the remaining timed cards make sure Orgulla doesn't get the time to use A Pound of Flesh twice. Still, great match that depends on your respect for either character's durability.

Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) vs Rikku (Final Fantasy X) - Congratulations, Albel. You get reamed by Rikku even under the strictest possible interps for her.

Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Yukari Takeba (Persona 3) - Yukari's inability to outpace Lily's three-turn output is pretty telling. Now, to weep at Lily getting brutalized in Middle.

Rankings:

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift - Do not rank. It's a pretty damn problematic rank.
Mega Man X: Command Mission (11/20) - Rank. It -wasn't- ranked already?
Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra (12/20) - Rank. Eh, whatever. At this point, this is a harmless rank (and some of the PC forms given by the rank are downright cool - XS3 MOMO is possibly the funnest PC dueller in the entire series). Someone could put up Allen stats, though.

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War - Played.
Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem - Not played.
Radiata Stories - Not played.
Tales of Xillia - Not played.
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 - Not played.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 02:33:04 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 02:19:33 PM »
Godlike

Orgulla (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - 60x HP or so is way too much

Heavy

Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) - Mantle

Middle

Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) vs Rikku (Final Fantasy X) - Uh...wow.  So...Albel MP-kills Rikku easily.  Rikku gets the first shot though.  And with a full overdrive allowed...that is just enough.  Very good fight.

Light

Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Yukari Takeba (Persona 3) - Eh...sure.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (11/20) - Rank
Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra (12/20) - Rank

Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem - Not Played
Radiata Stories - Played
Tales of Xillia - Not Played
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 - Not Played
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 04:09:14 PM »

Middle

Played all three.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (11/20)- Reject. The generics are kind of memorable, but there are no bosses or PC's to really rank from the game. Blah. It's a hard game to vote on in the DL, as it's easy to miss absolutely gamebreaking things like Mirror Item.
Mega Man X: Command Mission (11/20)- Rank. Any thing in the DL that was ranked and wasn't a total shitshow as a draw is fine for me in CKDL.
Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra (12/20)- Reject. I don't hate it as much as I did in the DL, but I also am not going to support it for ranking.

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War- NP
Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem- NP
Radiata Stories- Played.
Tales of Xillia- NP
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3- NP
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 04:18:10 PM »
Godlike

Orgulla (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy): Long match, lots of time for Reicher to pile on the break damage, and there isn't shit orgulla can do about it other than sit in Eryu mode spamming her status resist up move 5 or so times.

Heavy

Middle

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 05:34:01 PM »
I highly doubt it matters much, since everyone's voting Sephiran including me, but to be contrarist...

* OK: Yes, I know, arguing with OK interps.  Sure, Mantle's regen is the argument for Sephiran, but since I presume you mean "Mantle's nulling..."  if you require it to be a specifically Yune-blessed weapon, well, that kind of mocks the idea of the DL.  If you require it to be something of equivalent "power" then Alicia is one of the rare duelers who almost certainly qualifies!  She's possessed by a goddess, and sort of becomes one by the end!  (and surely doesn't overwhelm OK boss HP but whatevs)
* Elf: In the actual case of an eternal match, while I'd normally go for the boss especially since it's possible to screw-up and mis-time Heal, I'd be inclined to tiebreak for Alicia.  While we're on the plot-centric voting above, Sephiran won't attack Micaiah, who is another one of those exiled princesses with godly powers / inspiration. (At least directly...  I forget if she gets hit by his MT?)  He should probably be punished for this chivalry in the DL somehow, where magic princesses, while common, are still less common than a guaranteed member of a ~13 person party.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 05:39:16 PM »
* Elf: In the actual case of an eternal match, while I'd normally go for the boss especially since it's possible to screw-up and mis-time Heal, I'd be inclined to tiebreak for Alicia.  While we're on the plot-centric voting above, Sephiran won't attack Micaiah, who is another one of those exiled princesses with godly powers / inspiration. (At least directly...  I forget if she gets hit by his MT?)  He should probably be punished for this chivalry in the DL somehow, where magic princesses, while common, are still less common than a guaranteed member of a ~13 person party.

He won't attack Micaiah because she's his Great(^nth) Granddaughter.  That definitely is not transferable in the DL.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 05:49:33 PM »
He has no objections to attacking Elincia, so yeah, I don't think it's a matter of just being a young female royal with magical powers. The people he won't attack are the herons (his race) and his two direct descendants. (And none of them are immune to his MT, yeah.)

Maybe.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 07:36:24 PM »
Godlike

Orgulla (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)

Heavy

Middle

Light

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (11/20) - Played, I support the ranking of the PCs. Sure, the main is boring, but the others aren't bad for interesting Lights/Middles. The generics are more interesting, though the way MP works makes the magic classes weird.
Mega Man X: Command Mission (11/20) - Playing... I would Rank it in CKDL!
Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra (12/20) - Played, Rank Allen! Dhyer/Pyro/super/Meeple, one of you go get stats!

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War - Not played, not interested.
Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem - Played! Wouldn't mind a small rank, but that doesn't exist in CKDL.
Radiata Stories - Played, not really comfortable trying to vote on anyone who isn't Jack.
Tales of Xillia - Playing... Good ranking idea. ToG is prolly more interesting DL-wise, though. And ToV tops them both.
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3: Played, rank immediately plz.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 08:36:39 PM »
Heavy

Middle

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (11/20) - Rank
Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra (12/20) - Do not rank

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War - Haven't played
Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem - Haven't played
Radiata Stories - Haven't played
Tales of Xillia - Haven't played
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 - Haven't played

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 08:50:20 PM »
I highly doubt it matters much, since everyone's voting Sephiran including me, but to be contrarist...

* OK: Yes, I know, arguing with OK interps.  Sure, Mantle's regen is the argument for Sephiran, but since I presume you mean "Mantle's nulling..."  if you require it to be a specifically Yune-blessed weapon, well, that kind of mocks the idea of the DL.  If you require it to be something of equivalent "power" then Alicia is one of the rare duelers who almost certainly qualifies!  She's possessed by a goddess, and sort of becomes one by the end!  (and surely doesn't overwhelm OK boss HP but whatevs)
* Elf: In the actual case of an eternal match, while I'd normally go for the boss especially since it's possible to screw-up and mis-time Heal, I'd be inclined to tiebreak for Alicia.  While we're on the plot-centric voting above, Sephiran won't attack Micaiah, who is another one of those exiled princesses with godly powers /
inspiration. (At least directly...  I forget if she gets hit by his MT?)  He should probably be punished for this chivalry in the DL somehow, where magic princesses, while common, are still less common than a guaranteed member of a ~13 person party.

My interpretations are perfectly consistent, if odd.

I take Mantle as it is noted.  I allow 1 blessing, just like in-game.  However, since in FE, your "weapons" are generally equivalent of skills(since you generally can do nothing but attack), I interpret this as 1 attacks "blessed".  Alicia has a load of attacks, but I would assume she would just use her Soul Crush as the blessed attack.  I don't allow energy conservation, and I don't assume Heal can be used every round (which nukes her damage a lot), though i seem to think Alicia could Soul Crush solo...but it doesn't matter.  She would have to kill with a single Nibelung Valesti, which isn't happening, and then she would get in a Heal-locked tie at best.  Even using another attack as blessed (spammed Mirage Pierce is probably best), she still isn't breaking average damage, although does ignore defense...making it closer than I anticipated originally.  Still think Sephiran survives even that, as boss HP.  As for Alicia being able to pierce it by being a goddess...eh.  Valkyrie, the combination of all 3 Valkyries and Alicia, pierces Lezard in-game, so I wouldn't assume Alicia can here.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 10:32:45 PM »
OK: Fair enough, although I wouldn't really see the various moves of VP2 as analogues to the weapons of FERD.

CK: Yes, I know the plot, but I'd disagree that makes it irrelevant.  It's something that's a problem for him in-game (although not by as much as it could be because lol FE10 mages in the lategame, and he's a RES tank) so he should be penalized for it in the DL, and restricting the criteria to extended family members obviously doesn't.  Alicia is a nebulous Micaiah equivalent, so in a true draw, I'd be down for bringing it out as a tiebreaker.  (Which would make Seph...  uh...  Dallas?!).

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 01:39:43 AM »
I disagree that it's much of a problem for him. Sephiran has infinite range on player phase (and Ike has to be deployed, and it's a game over if he dies), so the only thing his Micaiah/Sanaki "weakness" costs him is the inability to counter them. Which... well, Sephiran's counters are already less important in the DL because we let MT attacks get past them (something he can't face in-game), not to mention that boss scaling means it's far more likely to OHKO Sephiran without him getting a counter off.

For the record I'm not trying to argue about Sephiran's translation generally.

Maybe.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2013, 03:57:28 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Yukari Takeba (Persona 3) - Yukari likely gets heal locked after Slow procs, which she has no ability to resist.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (11/20) - Played, Rank. I don't see any particular problems with it, myself.
Mega Man X: Command Mission (11/20) - Played, Rank. No reason not to, here.
Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra (12/20) - Have not played, abstain.

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War - Have not played, Do not rank.
Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem - Have not played, Do not rank.
Radiata Stories - Played, since CKDL is rank all or none then Do Not Rank. All is just not a good idea here.
Tales of Xillia - Have not played, abstain.
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 - Have not played, abstain.

<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2013, 11:51:54 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Rankings

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift - Rank
Mega Man X: Command Mission - Rank
Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra - Rank

Data Mine

Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem - Haven't
Radiata Stories - Haven't
Tales of Xillia - Haven't
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 - Haven't

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2013, 12:16:49 PM »

Godlike

Orgulla (Xenosaga: Jenseits von Gut und Bose) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy): I'll let other folks mat this slugfest out.

Heavy

Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria): Sephiran has to be scaled against an average damage that will overcome his regen and render it possible to defeat him otherwise he's being scaled to a party that can't kill him. Whoop). It also has to overcome Ashera and Dheggy regen, which is more durability than Sephiran probably has... So he's easy to KO.

Middle

Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) vs Rikku (Final Fantasy X): Something nasty

Light

Liliane Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Yukari Takeba (Persona 3): Slow?

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (11/20): Have not played abstain.
Mega Man X: Command Mission (11/20): Played some of. Abstain.
Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra (12/20): Played some of. Abstain.

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War: Have not played, abstain.
Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem: Have not played abstain.
Radiata Stories: Played. Object to ranking on account of massive hatred for the game other people have for some reason.
Tales of Xillia: Played. No objections to it other than low playership.
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3: Played. No objections to it.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2013, 05:10:30 AM »
Actually taking a look at Orgulla vs. Reicher... to me at least, Orgulla just misses a OHKO, she does about 5.2PCHP with one ice combo and Reicher is about 5.45 pdur to me, with the first shield factored in (he isn't getting a second off). So she throws in one extra attack first and now it's fatal, but this means Reicher gets three turns (Orgulla goes first, but needs to use chip damage, transform, pound of flesh, kill). Three turns of Reicher offence is about 3.2 PCHP, and Orgulla has 3.83 pdur or so at minimum. She's got this. ... or does she? Orgulla in Manes form is weak to piercing, but resistant to slashing. Just watching Remote Blade's animation again and... it is swords thrusting/slicing quickly through the target repeatedly. I dunno which one that counts as! Vote pretty much comes down to that. I'll toss Orgulla a nod here because as a tiebreak, Reicher's damage can be elementally walled in-game while never hitting a weakness, so that feels more natural... but yeah, it's a great fight.

Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2013, 04:02:32 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (11/20)- Rank.  eh, harmless.
Mega Man X: Command Mission (11/20)- Rank.  RANK HIPPOPRESSOR (again)
Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra (12/20)- Rank.  A form for Jin that doesn't completely suck and some loser bosses we can make fun of.  What's not to like?  Hell, the notably good PCs in thsi game are... KOS and MOMO, yeah?  One of whom was always good, the other was great in XS2 in a non-translating manner.  sounds like win/win/win to me.

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War- Played.
Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem- Not played.
Radiata Stories- Played, Reject.  I've used radiata before but uh yeah.  It's fit only for matches of doom, dozens of pcs with piddling skillsets, massive inflation because of terrible PCs, and generally one-dimensional blandness even when it's not bad.
Tales of Xillia- Not played.
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3- Played.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2013, 10:20:11 AM »
Write-in Playership question:

What's FF Mystic Quest look like?

I realize I am late to the MQ party, but I just now started playing it at work thanks to a co-worker. It seems like a good DL game? (also, the bitchin'-est soundtrack I've heard in a while!)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2013, 04:16:44 PM »
You can find playership numbers in this topic (also pinned to the top of this particular section of the forums); FFMQ is at 9/20.

Maybe.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2013, 04:31:26 PM »
Heavy

Middle

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift: Do Not Rank.  It has problems in general, enough to make the few interesting duellers not worth it.
Mega Man X: Command Mission: Rank.  Seems to be on the cusp of adequate voters and no real issues otherwise.
Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra: Rank.  It is XS3, but unfortunately that is not a reason to not rank something here.

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War: played.  Rank but only Gen 1; Gen 2 has a number of issues even with replacements.
Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem: Played.  Rank.  Really little reason not to, it is Fire Emblem.
Radiata Stories: Played, Don't Rank.  Really large cast with interp issues and large number of forgettable characters.
Tales of Xillia: Not played, sounds rankable from what little I know.
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3: Have not played, have no opinion.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A