Author Topic: Futurama 2013 Season 2, Week 3  (Read 2832 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2013 Season 2, Week 3
« on: November 11, 2013, 05:25:55 AM »
Godlike

Protea (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Indalecio (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)
Nene (Blue Dragon) vs Rolf Landale (Phantasy Star II)
Yu Narukami (Persona 4) vs Sasalina (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)

Heavy

Cloud (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
KOS-MOS (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Kurando Inugami (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)
Lucian (Valkyrie Profile) vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete)
Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire)

Middle

Zola (Blue Dragon) vs King Sei (SaGa Frontier)
Lute (SaGa Frontier) vs Shu (Blue Dragon)
White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning)
Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Chloe Hertzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)

Light

Tinman (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Tita Russel (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)
Kabutops (Pokémon) vs Raspberyl (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice)
Olivier Lenheim (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Butterfree (Pokémon)
Saber (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) vs Pikachu (Pokémon)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2013 Season 2, Week 3
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 05:46:59 AM »
Blargh.  Cloud blocks 1 status and has a 33% chance of winning, but oh well.
EDIT: Too late?

Better slugger?
Shut Out-> Illusion.  Yeah, Elf pointed out in chat that Ryu isn't actually ITE.

Tinman (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Tita Russel (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)
No WoO, but...  I'm pretty sure this is Tita's (more solidly under 50 CP than 100 CP, but either way.), which is pathetic since normally the Trails cast fails vs. tanks.  Tita opens with Smoke Cannister Blind, leaving Tinman with Marksman & an initially sucky Soul Break.  Next comes Confuse, so Tinman is spamming horrible accuracy weak damage.  It's not a big deal for Tinman to ever surprise lose Blind, as it just means Tita gets hit by a physical, big deal.  Losing Confuse is bad (Tin Man will use Soul Break and probably kill the frail Tita) and does slow Tita down by forcing her to aggressively re-apply it, but she has time, and her blinds are doing damage.  Under 50 CP, Tita is actually making progress with her damage, and even if she probably only has 2 shots of Smoke Cannister, it's still plenty, and she might build to 3 anyway.  100 CP interp has more CP to dump on reapplying Blind aggressively, and just eventually gets Petrify to stick against Tin Man.  Wow, fail.   Something like Smoke Cannister -> Chaos Brand -> Petrify Breath x2 -> Chaos Brand -> Smoke Cannister -> Petrify Breath x3, Tin Man is either dead or petrified by then.  Get some speed, robot.

Olivier blocks Sleep.  Butterfree doesn't 2HKO.  That is that.

Pikachu has .35 PDur?!  Yow.  2HKO'd by Saber, impressive.  Pikachu 3HKOs here, so he isn't winning short of going for Paralysis and having godly luck with it.  That said, there's an argument for using midgame Pikachu, which would surely win due to having some smidgen of durability, but eh.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 06:55:36 PM by SnowFire »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 06:39:49 AM »

Heavy

Cloud (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII- T cloud annoys me like few other duelers. Oh boy, an L1 PC who joins at the very end of FFT who is good if he gets a ton of judgement calls in his favor. Even an L5 Cloud or whatever I'd see his endgame level as still probably beats 7 Cloud, Finish touch is appallingly competent in the DL. Am more than a little tempted to antivote T Cloud though.
Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire)- Immunes almost all of Arnaud's tricks.

Middle

White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning)- Kneejerk Sara having trouble with status.

Light

Saber (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) vs Pikachu (Pokémon)- Kneejerk.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 07:19:38 AM »
Godlike

Protea (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Indalecio (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - Don't think my Indy respect is there enough to see him taking this these days.

Heavy

Cloud (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII) - Or not!
KOS-MOS (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Kurando Inugami (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - uh crap.  Blerg.  Okay.  Kurando wants to equip a paralysis blocker (probably giving up the helmet), because otherwise lolglare, slutbot wants to equip for SP because ye gods.  I suspect this becomes some strange sort of stallfest where Kurando only transforms to heal because otherwise the slutbot just throws up Guard, gently pokes him, and healstalls until his speed ends up guzzling all his SP, Flare Brooch or no.  In the meanwhile EF-slutbot isn't really about damage so trying to force Kurando to heal semi-frequently is just going to eat a hole into her resources that I frankly don't think she can afford.  Boost could help... but I'm not really sure that's enough, since she doesn't throw up Guard she gets 3HKO'd, and Guard *will* need to be reapplied, which gives her less for healing.  So let's see... untransformed Kurando 6HKOs (I think...) after Guard, goes first, so kills in 4 in practice, I think.  Bonds heals 50% mHP so that really isn't changing much.  Slutbot can 4HKO if she goes full-tilt on offense on non-super turns (this involves both Zeal and spamming Renew, which... yeah), 2HKOs on super turns assuming best damage output... which means super turns happen every 9 turns for her.  Yeah, that's probably not a winning move, since I doubt he's hitting her into her *actual* dangerous stuff, like, you know, the 30% chance of free Soul proc.  Trying to save gas that route isn't likely to go better for her anyways, holy crap EF slutbot damage without using COM restoration.  She could try to bust his attack/speed... but no, that doesn't last long enough, costs SP, and more importantly, costs a turn, too much for not enough gain, I think.  Could be missing something but I don't think so.
Lucian (Valkyrie Profile) vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) - Well the good news for Hiro is that he goes first.  Bad news is that I see Lucian OHKOing him.

Middle

White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning) - WR ice defense and Freeze Blast is kind of problematic here.  WR isn't even that fast on the first turn and throwing up LightSword in no way keeps her from being 3HKOed.  If she doesn't she may well get lapped.
Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Chloe Hertzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Gut says he can go with dark res and a weaker, non-dark elemental weapon to win this out.  Or just use Thunder for a few turns, I think natural IP gains hit him to something big enough to paste Chloe even if she goes for le ID.

Light
what
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 08:42:05 AM by Random Consonant »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 07:44:13 AM »
Godlike

Protea (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Indalecio (Star Ocean: The Second Story): I would assume, anyway.
Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga): Another kneejerk, Avalon may have a shot since durability helps a lot against Lady.

Heavy

Cloud (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII): FF7 Safety Bit blocks both petrify and death, that's probably enough for me.
KOS-MOS (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Kurando Inugami (Shadow Hearts: Covenant): Kurando can immune Glare, so... I dunno. Both need to outstall the other, Kurando is much faster but KOS-MOS doesn't need turns to heal and is far more durable. This is difficult.
Lucian (Valkyrie Profile) vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete): Faster.
Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire): Illusion. Dragons are both vulnerable to stat downs, and miss against enemies who evade, sooo yeah goodbye.

Middle

Zola (Blue Dragon) vs King Sei (SaGa Frontier): uhhh gut says she lives long enough to get off a corporeal attack? Charm could tilt this but it's not great with the speed split being what it is.
Lute (SaGa Frontier) vs Shu (Blue Dragon): uhh yeah pretty sure magic sword is ST and evadable, go home Shu you're drunk.

Light

Tinman (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Tita Russel (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky): Probably, Tinman sucks.
Olivier Lenheim (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Butterfree (Pokémon): Butterfree against sleep immunity is just awful.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 08:31:45 AM »
Godlike

Protea (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Indalecio (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
Nene (Blue Dragon) vs Rolf Landale (Phantasy Star II)
Yu Narukami (Persona 4) vs Sasalina (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)

Heavy

KOS-MOS (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Kurando Inugami (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)

Middle

Zola (Blue Dragon) vs King Sei (SaGa Frontier)
White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning)
Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Chloe Hertzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)

Light

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 08:35:37 AM »
Godlike

Yu Narukami (Persona 4) vs Sasalina (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- GFTO Sasalina

Heavy

Middle

Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Chloe Hertzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- Yeah, don't think she can get this without getting hit by a Scattershot.

Light

...into the nightfall.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 11:56:20 AM »
Protea (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Indalecio (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - Protea's chipping is appalingly good and she's faster. Not that she really -needs- to chip, she 3HKOs (1.5-rounds) and isn't OHKOed back.
Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) - Lady OHKOs the first form with no gauge involved and manages a one-rounding on the second. If not, her dying gasp Malice Dirge ensures she manages (I certainly don't see Avalon as even 3x PC HP post-damage halving and scrounging both forms, so it's not even necessary).
Yu Narukami (Persona 4) vs Sasalina (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - :yu:

Cloud (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII) - Hooray!
KOS-MOS (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Kurando Inugami (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - i'll get back to you on this. Though my initial kneejerk is KOS - she has Guard, for starters, which is a great start (halves Kurando damage, and he's struggling to 2HKO as is). She's not vying for Kurando being forced to heal, but locking him out of SP (which Random's analysis sorta underrates and is a big factor here, KOS can last a looooooooong time, especially if she tweaks for SP). But I'll look into it further later, especially considering I realize KOS SP costs are bigger than I thought. HOWEVER, if she fills her Frontier Gauge, suddenly she now can force him to heal considerably more often, and she can get it to full by her third turn with no practical COM expenditure. Hmmm, interesting. EDIT: going with Random for now. What a strange little match.
Lucian (Valkyrie Profile) vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) - Dark Sword.
Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire) - EVADABLE DAMAGE THAT EVEN HITS ARNAUD'S BETTER DEFENSE (not that he needs it, Arnaud gets a free turn to Slow Down and then looooooooooooool gg ramtos). The only trick Ryu even immunes of Arnaud is sleep, and that's pretty much irrelevant. Sheesh.

White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning) - Sara starting out faster is a bad beginning for White Rose and she doesn't get a ton of time to apply status either (doesn't work terribly well running against Sara mdef to boot). I don't think Sara misses a 2HKO after buffing any way you cut it to boot, so WR kinda gets overwhelmed anyway.

Saber (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) vs Pikachu (Pokémon) - Saber 2HKOs Pikachu and is faster. Holy CRAP Saber 2HKOing anything ever.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 01:05:03 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 06:36:44 PM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) - somewhat higher Avalon durability respect is all he really needs.
Nene (Blue Dragon) vs Rolf Landale (Phantasy Star II) - I'm just gonna hype a OHKO here and see what happens.
Yu Narukami (Persona 4) vs Sasalina (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Sasalina is not high enough Godlike for Yu.

Heavy

Middle

White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning) -WR is more of a melee-spoiling mage, Sara is the more standard mage-spoiling mage.

Light

Kabutops (Pokémon) vs Raspberyl (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) - Kabutops takes 1/4 damage from Fire... Beryl's screwed.
Saber (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) vs Pikachu (Pokémon) - I kneejerk Pikachu as more durable than a Saber 2HKO, what Gen are most people assuming here?

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 06:51:22 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's all gens. Issue is really Pikachu being an earlygame pokémon. Unless you scale him to early-midgame stats, he's running off sub-DQ4o Nara pdur on -every single gen-, since endgame scales against full evos all the way round.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 08:09:06 PM »
HOWEVER, if she fills her Frontier Gauge, suddenly she now can force him to heal considerably more often, and she can get it to full by her third turn with no practical COM expenditure. Hmmm, interesting.

Not so sure about this.  Her super is a low 4HKO by itself (so call that turn somewhere in the 3HKO range for the sake of this argument, I guess) and her F. Gauge building chain that doesn't necessitate using Renew is a 10HKO.  Even with Kurando's below-average HP and probably averagish untransformed defense... that's not a lot of pressure.  Granted pressure's something of a lost cause in a match where neither side wants to expend more effort than they absolutely have to, but *still*, that doesn't look good.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 08:12:55 PM by Random Consonant »

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 08:39:05 PM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)- No vote.
Nene (Blue Dragon) vs Rolf Landale (Phantasy Star II)- No vote.
Yu Narukami (Persona 4) vs Sasalina (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- .. hum.  Sasalina does have damage he can't block, and Break could well wreck his day... I should check what all skills Yu needs here, he might not be able to get enough of them at once.

Heavy

Cloud (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)- yay cloud.
KOS-MOS (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Kurando Inugami (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)- No vote.
Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire)- ... Arnaud's gonna win Heavy isn't he?  Tied-approved.

Middle

Zola (Blue Dragon) vs King Sei (SaGa Frontier)- later
White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning)- Hum.  WR should be faster after Lightsword, and her healing reserves outmatch Sara's damage?  I think.
Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Chloe Hertzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- No vote.

Light

« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 06:07:11 PM by Cmdr_King »

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 08:46:47 PM »
I'm working on Nene's stat topic entry as we speak, but for his match this week... all you need to know is that his first form is very fast and has (edit) near-100% every-goddamn-Blue-Dragon-status, so he shouldn't have any problem with Rolf. (Second form if allowed I'd actually imagine Rolf lives to get a turn against, but it's also got far more durability and I can't really see it being OHKOed by Megid even if your damage is much higher than what I have.)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:21:32 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 09:43:08 PM »
HOWEVER, if she fills her Frontier Gauge, suddenly she now can force him to heal considerably more often, and she can get it to full by her third turn with no practical COM expenditure. Hmmm, interesting.

Not so sure about this.  Her super is a low 4HKO by itself (so call that turn somewhere in the 3HKO range for the sake of this argument, I guess) and her F. Gauge building chain that doesn't necessitate using Renew is a 10HKO.  Even with Kurando's below-average HP and probably averagish untransformed defense... that's not a lot of pressure.  Granted pressure's something of a lost cause in a match where neither side wants to expend more effort than they absolutely have to, but *still*, that doesn't look good.

Remember Overdrives should always be summed with the damage chain+finisher - effectively, she can muster 70k~ damage with an optimum damage overdrive turn, which is along the lines of 55% to average. That's not -great-, but it's better than what she'd muster without it. And she only needs to build the chain once to enable the threat (same reason why it's useful having heal-locking physicals with, say, badass Suikoden L4s). Once -that- is done and done, though, her best infinite non-COM spending offense is like a 6HKO, but that's still threatening a heal every four turns or so. So, it's not as bad as it seems.

(Imagine if she couldn't swap attack moves on the fly, how much simpler this would be)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 09:53:46 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 10:00:40 PM »
On the flipside Kurando's untransformed physical is, going off of extrapolation, fairly close to average and the slutbot equipping for SP comes at a non-trivial defense hit (still above average, but I'm leery of saying it fends off a 3HKO before Guard), so even if she can force him to heal every four turns and Kurando's healing costing a turn, she still has the issue of her healing only being 50% (while Kurando's is full, and in practice means she heals about as often due to Kurando getting the first shot in) and having fewer shots of it in actual practice due to needing to use Guard, and once Boost procs start kicking in, that runs out even faster (and Kurando could just heal earlier if that coming up is an actual concern for *him*, she'd need a fair amount of luck for it to help her more than it'd hurt).  The plan kind of needs something to the tune of 40 turns to work and she has something of an issue lasting half that time.  If Kurando had less SP, this probably wouldn't be an issue, but 60 is something of a tall order to wear down.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:18:22 PM by Random Consonant »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 10:32:31 PM »
I'm pretty sure Kurando doesn't 3HKO KOS-MOS with just untransformed physicals at base (I think that, through extrapolation, I reached a 1.2x PC HP figure for her wearing Dorothy's Blouse earlier today. It's a -8 Defense hit, which is non-trivial in EF terms, but she's game-best defense as is). His physical clocks in at like 39% PC HP untransformed, I believe? (the attack stat in SH2 is -weirdly potent-). Of course, his OWN heal-lock threat looms (hi Heavenquake 2HKO). Hmmmm. It's pretty funny that there's actually a fight where Kurando being unmorphed is ACTUALLY USEFUL. May end up voting for him after all (meanwhile, Kaguya'd just walk all over him).

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 10:34:17 PM »
Well hey, when I first saw this match coming up my kneejerk was for the slutbot too, so.  It's a weird as fuck match either way, and sort of neatly highlights the issues both of them have.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:37:20 PM by Random Consonant »

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 10:41:38 PM »
... Arnaud's gonna win Heavy isn't he?  Tied-approved.

:D

Tied am weening again. I am the greetest. Muahahahaha! Now to leave the DL for no raisin.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 11:01:19 PM »
I have no idea how is Arnaud supposed to deal with Hiro, though (EBC OHKOs, EBO immunes Sleep, 2HKOs and is faster, since Arnaud has to give up stats to immune ID himself, both forms are likely faster).

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2013, 12:38:22 AM »
Question: Is Kurando ever going to be in danger of running out of SP here?

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 12:50:07 AM »
I suppose it should be noted that for Kurando, any turn he needs to spend healing costs him 3 SP instead of just 1, and if he wants to keep enough MP for the Heavenquake 2HKO, then he can only (according to Dhyer's numbers) heal 7 times.  If he doesn't need to keep up that threat, then he can heal 10 times.

Of course, after about turn 10 or 12 or something, assuming that nothing out of the ordinary happens, Kurando could probably stick in Tsukuyomi for the stats bonus to whittle down KOS sooner.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2013, 08:57:48 AM »
Question: Is Kurando ever going to be in danger of running out of SP here?

That's the million dollar question for the fight. If Kurando stays transformed throughout, he's running out very fast - but he obviously doesn't -have- to. And, as Random said, 60 SP is a lot to chug through given KOS-MOS pressure abilities.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 01:04:02 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2013, 04:03:30 PM »
Yu Narukami (Persona 4) vs Sasalina (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- .. hum.  Sasalina does have damage he can't block, and Break could well wreck his day... I should check what all skills Yu needs here, he might not be able to get enough of them at once.

Because I'm bored:

Yoshitsune alone, no inheritance involved, immunes both Light and physicals (meaning Sas arguably can only ever damage him with Rune) and has pretty high evasion, so Sally probably won't break turn two. Yu can also easily have a Trumpeter with both Light and physical immunity, and it has Debilitate. And Yoshi also can easily have Power Charge, and that's if he doesn't have it off the cusp. Post-Debilitate and Mind Charge, assuming the Auto-Taru armor, Yu, before Sally's third turn comes up, can scrounge up roughly 5184 damage with Hassou Tobi, which is like 5x PC HP even under the averages -I- use for P4 (i.e. the Auto-Taru ones), and Sasalina isn't even as durable as Reicher (who could conceivably survive that -after- the dollar store Chaos Shield). Even being pretty generous to Sasalina, this feels pretty much his.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2013, 10:52:43 PM »
Oh, cool.  Will vote Yu then.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2013, 06:19:10 PM »
Godlike

Protea (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)- iiiiii vs Indalecio (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- iiiii vs Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)- i
Nene (Blue Dragon)- i vs Rolf Landale (Phantasy Star II)- i- (RANDOM.ORG)
Yu Narukami (Persona 4)- iiii vs Sasalina (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)

Heavy

Cloud (Final Fantasy Tactics)- iiiii vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)- iiii
KOS-MOS (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Kurando Inugami (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)- iiii
Lucian (Valkyrie Profile)- i vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete)- iiiiiii
Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)- iiiiiii vs Ryu (Breath of Fire)- i

Middle

Zola (Blue Dragon)- ii vs King Sei (SaGa Frontier)
Lute (SaGa Frontier)- iiii vs Shu (Blue Dragon)
White Rose (SaGa Frontier)- ii vs Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning)- iii
Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns)- ii vs Chloe Hertzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- i

Light

Tinman (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Tita Russel (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)- iiii
Kabutops (Pokémon)- ii vs Raspberyl (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice)
Olivier Lenheim (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)- iiiii vs Butterfree (Pokémon)
Saber (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride)- iiii vs Pikachu (Pokémon)- i