Register

Author Topic: Futurama 2013 Season 2, Week 4  (Read 2266 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2013 Season 2, Week 4
« on: November 18, 2013, 06:26:07 PM »
Godlike

Protea (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
Rolf Landale (Phantasy Star II) vs  Yu Narukami (Persona 4)   

Heavy

Cloud (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Kurando Inugami (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)
Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)

Middle

Zola (Blue Dragon) vs Lute (SaGa Frontier)
Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning) vs Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns)

Light

Tita Russel (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Kabutops (Pokémon)
Olivier Lenheim (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Saber (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2013 Season 2, Week 4
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 06:31:23 PM »
Protea (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - Protea is faster and her full damage likely one-rounds Lady! ... too bad her second action is slower and Lady herself overkills.
Rolf Landale (Phantasy Star II) vs  Yu Narukami (Persona 4) - No matter what, Yu's faster. Goooooooooooooodbye.

Cloud (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Kurando Inugami (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - Immunes -every-. Single. Status. Of Cloud's.
Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) - Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah.

wtf is this middle

wtf is this light
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 06:36:21 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 06:58:18 PM »
CK: Oh, crap, I forgot to edit my vote for Cloud v. Cloud.  Assuming Elf's hype about Safety Bit blocking both Petrify & ID is correct, I've edited it to FF7 Cloud - although I'm not sure it matters, both Clouds kind of get owned here.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 07:19:40 PM »
Hum.  Would people prefer I switch the match?  I'd rather leave it be but.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 07:27:11 PM »
Godlike

Protea (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - sure

Heavy

Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) - Me and giving casts like Lunar 2 automatic ITE credit.

Middle

Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning) vs Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns) - Yeah not this time, Sara.

Light

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 07:31:55 PM »
Godlike

Rolf Landale (Phantasy Star II) vs  Yu Narukami (Persona 4) - Rolf won? surprising. Anyway, splat.

Heavy

Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete)
vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)- Strong kneejerk.

Middle

Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning) vs Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns)- Faster.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 08:52:45 PM »
Rolf won? *checks* Well, I guess only two votes will do that, I am fine with tiebreaking against the one with the (even) worse vote draw. Disappointing though.

CloudT won? *boggles* Oh, okay, a couple people were going to change votes and didn't. Well, fortunately I don't think it matters.

Godlike

Protea (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World): See Snow.

Heavy

Cloud (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Kurando Inugami (Shadow Hearts: Covenant): Annihilates CloudT, although for the record, no, he doesn't block every CloudT status, he misses Stop (stop and paralysis are clearly separate in FFT, nothing even immunes both outside the Ribbon IIRC). That said a Finish Touch that only does 1/3 Stop is worthless, and Kurando hammers him otherwise. Against Cloud7, Kurando can dodge high-end limits, and immunes paralysis to stop avoid dying from Finish Touch, with speed to make sure Cloud doesn't get unfortunate doubles in.
Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4): Kneejerk is he's faster and at worst 2HKOs, one Arnaud turn won't be enough. It's also possible he OHKOs. If he's both slower and fails to OHKO, then things get tough, but I doubt that's the case?

Middle

Zola (Blue Dragon) vs Lute (SaGa Frontier): Deflect, or just plain 2HKOing and not being 2HKOed probably works. Zola feels lucky to have reached round 3.

Light

Tita Russel (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Kabutops (Pokémon): Kabutops kinda badass for Light. Anyway he's faster than Tita so I don't see her tricks being useful. This is like Seaking vs. Olivier except the pokemon is better and the Trails dueller is worse.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 09:10:31 PM »
Heavy

Kurando kind of slaughters both Clouds, possibly even both at once.

Light

Uhhh not sure I should vote here since Gen 4 Kabutops straight from the stat topic is apparently not even close to the form he wants from Snow/Elf hype.  Though as a side comment, any suggestions on how to differentiate "Rock" from "Ground"?  Tita has Earth magic which would hit a 2x weakness if it's Ground and not if it's Rock.  (Also, not down for hyping Normal resistance as halving special attacks like Smoke Cannister.)  Anyway suspect it's Tita's off Gen4 Kabutops have terrible damage (he 4HKOs Tita or something pathetic.) but will hold back for now.  (As a side note, is there something vaguely akin to a Blind-resistance Berry in Gen4?)
Olivier Lenheim (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Saber (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride)
Saber is so bad.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 09:16:38 PM »
Accuracy is an existant debuff in pokémon, but from a quick search no berry counters debuffs directly.  Best bet there is a berry that raises accuracy when below 1/4 HP, which is... less than a direct comparison.  Also no idea on availability of said berry (Micle if you want to do more research than I.)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 11:38:23 PM »
White Herb cancels one shot of stat downs, but I have no idea if that's legal or not in specific games. edit: Looks like something I'd generally frown on, it requires either the aftergame battle arenas or high-level pickup to be found en masse, in general. Blind doesn't seem that useful against Kabutops anyway because it has both physical and magical damage, and blind doesn't affect the latter in Trails.

It should be noted that Kabuto is an aftergame pokemon in gen 4 (both DPP and HGSS) so I'd really recommend voting off its gen 1 or gen 3 appearances if you are familiar with either of those.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 11:41:49 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 01:15:23 AM »
Well, the Gen4 set has Slash set, which does get nailed by Blind, but checking, Gen 3 has AncientPower which is based off Special, and Kabutops is faster and 2HKOs the frail Tita with that and there's very little she can do short of OHKO outright, which isn't happening.  I'll definitely abstain, does seem fairly clear-cut that Gen3 wins (that I can't vote on) and the aftergame Gen4 loses.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 01:51:19 AM »
FRLG says that Ancient Power is Rock type, making it physical.

Also, I believe that Ground is typically seen as Earth, not Rock (probably the move "Earthquake" being Ground and being the prototypical name of most Earth moves helps significantly there).
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 01:57:56 AM by Dhyerwolf »
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 02:16:51 AM »
Oh, right, Gen3 set the attack / special by types rather than per-move, and Ancient Power only became Special later.  And his backup of Mud Shot is also physical.  Well then.  Sounds like Gen 3 Kabutops gets  screwed up by Blind hax -> Earth Guard if something sneaks through -> damage under 50 CP, and also has a weakness hit for Tita to potentially OHKO with Petrify Breath spell->special under 100 CP.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 03:28:29 AM »
Generally speaking, ground attacks come from the ground (invariably missing flyers) and rock attacks don't. So S1 Earthquake is rock, while S2 Earthquake is ground. I kneejerked Petrify Breath as the latter since I recall it being able to hit flyers. (not to mention "petrify" screams rock to me, not ground)

And wait, Kabutops actually lost Hydro Pump between gen 1 and gen 3? WTF? Well, not a big deal to me since I allow Surf (which hardly ever matters because it has the same average damage as Hydro Pump, which almost all water-types get), but that's really weird, and yeah hurts him quite a bit if you vote on later versions and don't allow Surf. And I thought the nerf was just that he lost the 100% crit rate Slash!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 03:34:30 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Maybe.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 03:54:00 PM »
Godlike

Protea (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)

Heavy

Cloud (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Kurando Inugami (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - FF7 version wins!
Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) - I...mmm...don't see him dying to 1 Poe Sword (EBO) or Triple Sword (EBC).  He gets off a sleep, Shut Out...I would see those winning. 

Middle

Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning) vs Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns) - Boss form

Light

[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 05:25:18 PM »
Godlike

Rolf Landale (Phantasy Star II) vs  Yu Narukami (Persona 4)  - Literally the only two things I can vote on...

Heavy

Cloud (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Kurando Inugami (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - ...are both one sided slaughters.

Middle

Light

<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2013, 08:52:40 AM »
Godlike

Rolf Landale (Phantasy Star II) vs  Yu Narukami (Persona 4)- No vote.

Heavy

Middle

Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning) vs Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns)- No vote.

Light

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2013, 01:53:39 PM »
Godlike

Protea (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World): More overkill. Probably comparable damage but Lady spikes a LOT of damage.

Heavy

Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4): I think Arnaud is OHKOd. Defensive stat scaling aside, Triple Sword is x3 so... Anyways if he isn't faster and could survive would he Slow Down -> SLeep -> Sleep? Or would he only get the one turn before Hiro acted again?

Middle

Zola (Blue Dragon) vs Lute (SaGa Frontier): Control Hype?
Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning) vs Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns): Makes Dem happy, Mutes Sara.

Light

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2013, 05:51:07 PM »
The triple would come after Hiro's first turn, so it's kinda pointless if Arnie's OHKOed.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2013, 07:01:58 PM »
(obviously assuming Hiro doesn't OHKO, the match is open and shut if he does)

It depends how much faster you see Hiro. If Hiro's only barely faster, then yeah, Arnaud could get two immediate turns after Slow Down.

*calcs* In general, you need to be 119% speed to avoid this. That's pretty close to where I see Hiro probably, it depends on whether you factor Lucia into the averages and how much and of course how you take TB speed.

It's also worth noting that if you take the view of "highest probability to win" that Hiro himself has 50% ID, and if Arnaud blocks that he'll lose enough speed (if you take that view) that he won't be able to get the three consecutive turns. If he doesn't block it then relying on his own coinflip sleep isn't going to cut it under such a view.

Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2013, 09:51:00 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)- TS is like 75% (and is really there after Lucia is gone, so doesn't deserve credit on that front). But yeah, speed tips it anyways to me I think

Light

Tita Russel (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Kabutops (Pokémon)- Her hitting a weakness here to me means that she OHKOs that Mdur.
...into the nightfall.

MalcolmMasher

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2013, 05:06:47 AM »
Heavy

Middle

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2013, 07:38:28 AM »
Dhyer: So you'd see Petrify Breath missing floating/flying opponents, then? My kneejerk is the other way but the animation is kinda ambiguous I guess.

Maybe.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2013, 02:37:05 AM »
Godlike

Rolf Landale (Phantasy Star II) vs  Yu Narukami (Persona 4) Not even sure he needs to null Holy here...

Heavy

Light

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2013, 03:49:27 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light