Register

Author Topic: Futurama 2013 Season 2 Finals  (Read 1113 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2013 Season 2 Finals
« on: November 25, 2013, 04:22:27 AM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Yu Narukami (Persona 4)

Heavy

Kurando Inugami (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete)

Middle

Lute (SaGa Frontier) vs Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns)

Light

Kabutops (Pokémon) vs Olivier Lenheim (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2013 Season 2 Finals
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 07:38:36 AM »
Kurando Inugami (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete): Blocks ID, doubles sometimes, and Hiro can't even pressure well since his only heal-locking move (unless I'm understimating Kurando durability, Poe Sword won't be enough) burns too much MP.

Kabutops (Pokémon) vs Olivier Lenheim (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky): Same as last week I imagine? Kabutops still 2HKOs and is faster and gives no shits about confuse or elements Olivier has. That said Olivier is a fair bit better than Tita so good chance gen 3 loses which I assume will decide the overall match.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 11:36:29 AM »
Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Yu Narukami (Persona 4) - Yu can't come in with Auto-Taru - or auto-anything, really - since that'll get him instantly vaporized by Lady's Lost Progress hax (not that it'd help, he can't OHKO her even then). Since she also has elements he -cannot- block (hi Earth, hi non-elemental), his best hope is trying to stack auto-life skills, but that eats into his durability and offense (his damage sucks if he's not going the Hassou Tobi route) and likely gets blown away in the middle of the crazy combo shenanigans Lady can pull off anyway.

Kurando Inugami (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) - Blocking ID and being a crazy fast healer is such a good way to deal with Hiro.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 02:40:06 PM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Yu Narukami (Persona 4)- Kneejerk.

Heavy

Kurando Inugami (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)
vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete)- Kurando is a pretty classic borderliner, not surprised he stomped Heavy.

Middle

Lute (SaGa Frontier) vs Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns)- Reasonably close. Lute blocks the physical game, but can't do anything about sleep offhand. That said: Lute in the finals? Really? Wow.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 03:17:59 PM »
Lute is sadly a pretty damn good Middle. He's bad for a Saga swordsman but they have a good build.

Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 09:21:09 PM »
Heavy

Kurando Inugami (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) - ha ha.

Middle

Lute (SaGa Frontier) vs Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns) - Thinking sleep helps enough to get him past Lute's anti-physical game.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 01:09:48 AM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Yu Narukami (Persona 4)

Heavy

Kurando Inugami (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete)

Middle

Lute (SaGa Frontier) vs Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns)

Light

Kabutops (Pokémon) vs Olivier Lenheim (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)- NEB, to answer your question from last week, I just generally see Rock, like Steel, as a type that doesn't really come up DLwise (I mean...doesn't really matter. Olivier 2HKOs, Gen 3 Kabutops doesn't here).
...into the nightfall.

MalcolmMasher

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 04:50:38 AM »
Middle
Lute (SaGa Frontier) vs Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns) - I guess it's plausible for Sleep to tip this.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 07:07:53 PM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Yu Narukami (Persona 4)- I tend to be strongly tempted to ban skill inheritence in general (it's annoying and costly to pull off, plus it keeps Yu sane and, by extension, more interesting), so if Snow's leaning Lady WITH it...

Heavy

Middle

Lute (SaGa Frontier) vs Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns)- No vote.  That'll learn me to take people's word on a division and not bump them up one.

Light

Kabutops (Pokémon) vs Olivier Lenheim (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)- I think Olivier straight up OHKOs if you see his Earth spell as Ground.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 11:22:53 PM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Yu Narukami (Persona 4): I don't know how I feel about Lady dispelling auto-buffs that are active at the start of the battle. I wonder to what degree it swings this match, if any.

More generally, is Lady's D-Combo dependent upon her turn order at the start with respect to herself/Umbral? And is that turn order randomized? I remember discussing this once but I don't remember the answer. I kind of doubt Yu can take this though.

Heavy

Kurando Inugami (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete): Kurando needs to be a division higher.

Middle

Lute (SaGa Frontier) vs Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns): Dei? Sleep?

Light

Kabutops (Pokémon) vs Olivier Lenheim (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky): Not sure about the Rock v Ground points.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 11:48:26 PM »
Lady and Malice Unbral's turns are somewhat randomised, although Lady will usually go first due to being 2 speed faster (I'd guess 80-90%). She can get off the D-combo either way, although since the combo resets both turn gauges, and must be initiated by the Unbral's turn, it is to her benefit if Lady herself goes first so she can get in a free Crimson Raid first. Probably not relevant here if Yu comes in with an anti-physical persona. (Lady herself can use NE magic, but only in combos.)

Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 02:13:28 AM »
More generally, is Lady's D-Combo dependent upon her turn order at the start with respect to herself/Umbral? And is that turn order randomized? I remember discussing this once but I don't remember the answer. I kind of doubt Yu can take this though.

The turn order is randomized, but I don't know if it matters (if it does, it would be an ingame AI quirk. There's no technical reason that one couldn't combo into the other).
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 02:25:43 AM »
Lady will never combo into Unbral, and even if you let her for some reason, she starts with no stock. So it does matter which turn it is for when a combo can be executed.

Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 06:25:58 PM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- iiii vs Yu Narukami (Persona 4)

Heavy

Kurando Inugami (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)- iiiiiii vs Hiro (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete)

Middle

Lute (SaGa Frontier) vs Dei (Lufia: The Legend Returns)- iiiii

Light

Kabutops (Pokémon)- i vs Olivier Lenheim (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)- ii