Register

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 124  (Read 2543 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 124
« on: December 08, 2013, 03:04:43 AM »

"Hm... I see things are dwindling. Perhaps I should do something about that..."

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------
**Full Heals reset limit and other types of gauges when teams pass through them.
**Characters that join after the start are locked into the relative stats they have at that time until they would officially join.

Team Pyro | Rikku, Ryu2, Lilka, FFT Chemist, and Rand (Firefly)
Floor 5b: A Less Fair Fight
*Enemies on this floor have 1.5x Health
Team Pyro vs. Seymour 1 and Wendigo
Team Pyro vs. Spectral Keeper and Sanctuary Keeper
Team Pyro vs. Seymour Natus

Team Dhyer | Cecilia (Speed?), Alys, Terra , Ronfar, Jean(Lunar)
Team Dhyer vs. Seymour 1 and Wendigo
Team Dhyer vs. Spectral Keeper and Sanctuary Keeper
Team Dhyer vs. Seymour Natus

Team dude | Mei-Ling, Feena, Aika, White Rose, FFT Monk  (Vantage)
[Feena: Water Egg, Wind Egg]
Floor 3b: Divided you Fail
**35% of all damage done by the player team is returned to the character who dealt it as ITD damage, based on whatever damage would be done to the target after all reductions.
Team dude vs. Shadow Yukiko, Shadow Chie and Shadow Yosuke
Team dude vs. Ike, Soren, Titania & Mist (FE9 forms)
Team dude vs. Jecht

Status Symbol Law - Team is fully status, debuff and ID immune, but has damage done to them increased by 1.1x and damage done by them decreased to .9x.

Speed? - The effective speed of one character is set to 120% (1.2x) average speed. This number may be further increased by Haste effects.

Firefly - The first attack of each enemy will be redirected at the bearer of this sealstone. Multitarget and status moves are not affected, however status attached to damage is.

Vantage Effect - Counterattack abilities activate before being attacked and also increases the chance of any counter attack activation skill to 100%.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 124
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 03:20:37 AM »
Dude passes. He has a lot of healing and status, which gets around the floor's gimmick well. That first fight is nasty, but Aika should take the worst of the sting out of it. The Ike fight is dangerous, but glass shield slow slow things down nicely for Dude's team.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 12:45:34 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 05:25:26 AM »
**35% of all damage done by the player team is returned to the character who dealt it as ITD damage, based on whatever damage would be done to the target after all reductions.
Team dude vs. Shadow Yukiko, Shadow Chie and Shadow Yosuke Not threatening. Aika blocks the majority of Chie and Yosuke's damage and Yukiko isn't threatening till she's taken some damage. Take out the Chie and Yosuke first while Feena keeps the team healed up and Monk keeps all the MP topped off.
Team dude vs. Ike, Soren, Titania & Mist (FE9 forms) Monk should be above average speed by a smidge right now because the speed boosting equipment isn't available yet. A bit of MT and a monk pysical eliminate Soren. The other three don't have enough damage to threaten the three revivers (especially Monk since Hamedo limits their offense.). Slow and steady should let the team advance to the next floor relatively unscathed.
Team dude vs. Jecht Lot's  of judgement calls have to go Jecht's way for him to even have a chance. Does Aika have Swirlmirang? Does Delta Shield block Jecht Beam? Does Feena's Silence or Move Block prevent Jecht Beam? Does Monk have the petrification blocker yet? If any of these are a yes, than the team wins easily. Even without, the team should be able to outslug despite their currently mediocre damage potential.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 07:35:06 AM »

Items of Note: Cecilia may (or may not!) have Holy Parasol. I don't have the WA 1 recollection. Assuming first without it.

Team Dhyer vs. Seymour 1 and Wendigo- Wendigo may be somewhat neuteured at full HP by Alys with Saner...or just Moonshade a bit too (hit by Sleep). Jean can then also try to sleep him (and her's doesn't wear off without damage)Seymour is bad before Anima anyways. Anima has ID, but Cecilia has Soul Guard and can cast them before Anima goes, then blitzing works. Final Seymour isn't dangerous enough here alone ESPECIALLY with Holy Parasol
Team Dhyer vs. Spectral Keeper and Sanctuary Keeper- So here open with buffing. Cecilia and status lock to prevent the status, Alys uses MT up to mitigate Spectral Counters. Luckily since no one here can be OHKOed by Sanctuary that gives me some breathing room (even more Alys Speed buffs don't hurt either). 0
Team Dhyer vs. Seymour Natus- Equip Terra with anti Stone equip and she (finally!) shines here alone. Desperardo means that buffing isn't the best, but Seymour isn't overly scary otherwise since Terra does play well (and Stone is low HP, and Status Lock forces Morphi to get a turn before Stone can even get to someone. And then someone will get a turn between the two and heal the status). So...think this should be okay.
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 07:56:03 AM »
I believe Glen when running his WA team worked out all the dungeons in WA1 to scary accuracy with ~4 dungeons a floor, and the Holy Parasol clue is on F5.  So think it's legit.

I suspect Dhyerwolf largely has it, except there is one problem: according to Elf's topic, Spectral Keeper has 124% speed, so he'll Berserk Tail Cecilia, and if the 50% Berserk hits, that fight goes straight to hell as Cecilia goes on a crazed umbrella spree, and Photon Wings lands a bunch of nasty statuses + damage, and it's basically just a loss.  I'm strongly inclined to tiebreak for Dungeon teams if it's just a single 50% check that needs to go their way, but if there are any other problem patches, it could matter.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 08:21:36 AM »
Yeah, that would be potentially bad. I didn't realize it was so fast. I know that FFX enemies are slightly slower turn 1 (I think), so it's possible that the turn 1 speed is below 120% (So I hope! Not like I was going to get the other floor either).
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 08:28:31 AM »
FFX enemies are indeed slightly slower on turn 1 on average. Basically, FFX PC speed is randomised upwards, while FFX enemy speed is randomised downwards. Not sure whether it's enough to drop 124 to 120 or not... that should be close. Also, since FFX turn 1 speed is slightly randomised as per my previous comments, you might want to consider that in the overall chances of a turn 1 Berserk Tail.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 03:08:54 PM »
A quick look at the numbers for Keepers the boss topic shows that Sanctuary Keeper goes from 111% speed to 99.15% speed due to randomization. A fairly large deal! For Spectral Keeper it'd be... 109.4% , which is less than 120% yes.

Team Pyro | Rikku, Ryu2, Lilka, FFT Chemist, and Rand (Firefly)
Team Pyro vs. Seymour 1 and Wendigo: Sleep on Wendigo, Mystic-Holy Grail for MT ID Immunity vs. Anima, and smite Seymour without much fuss courtesy of Hasted Healing... The team can ensure that Rikku procs an Overdrive here.
Team Pyro vs. Spectral Keeper and Sanctuary Keeper: Objective is to KO Sanctuary Keeper ASAP. Fortunately a Dragon (ITD) and Rikku/Lilka/Chemist can probably pull this off. Or Rand can sub in for Lilka if she wants to Quick him instead of plying her own damage. Rikku can open with a nasty Overdrive if need be (maybe inflicting Full Break on both of them? Super Mighty Guard for MT every-buff?) Spectral Keeper can't win alone vs the buffing/healing
Team Pyro vs. Seymour Natus: Dragons and status healing along with some selective hasting. Keeping Reflect on Ryu2 will protect vs. Petrify/shattering the largest source of damage.

Team Dhyer vs. Seymour 1 and Wendigo: Sleep Wendigo, same buffing means of handing Anima I pulled, and Seymour hasn't got much vs. this team.
Team Dhyer vs. Spectral Keeper and Sanctuary Keeper: Status Lock, Saner. Mana Breath can probably KO Cecilia but at that juncture the battle is basically won anyway with no status?
Team Dhyer vs. Seymour Natus: Status Lock repeatedly with Ronfar healing and Terra smashing.

Team dude vs. Shadow Yukiko, Shadow Chie and Shadow Yosuke: Aika handles this well.
Team dude vs. Ike, Soren, Titania & Mist (FE9 forms): Aika makes Soren not an issue and it's not like her turn is better spent without Swirlmarang, so instead focus on killing Ike dead? The anti-physical game here (Light saber protects, Hamedo) is kind of nasty.
Team dude vs. Jecht: Uh... MT Delay sword is a pain in the ass and can't be LightSworded. I'm not sure here.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 03:40:31 PM »

Team dude vs. Shadow Yukiko, Shadow Chie and Shadow Yosuke: Aika handles this well.
Team dude vs. Ike, Soren, Titania & Mist (FE9 forms): Aika makes Soren not an issue and it's not like her turn is better spent without Swirlmarang, so instead focus on killing Ike dead? The anti-physical game here (Light saber protects, Hamedo) is kind of nasty.
Team dude vs. Jecht: Uh... MT Delay sword is a pain in the ass and can't be LightSworded. I'm not sure here.
I'm not too familiar with Aika, but if she has Swirlmarang by now, Jecht is vulnerable to confuse.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 04:52:18 PM »
I don't remember how you inflict confuse in FFX? Is Jecht's vulnerability to it just theoretical based on game mechanics listings or something?

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 04:59:02 PM »
In the J version of the game there were a few things which did it (Bad Breath I'm certain of, and I believe there was something else), but they were kinda glitchy on some enemies so they took them out and left the statuses as enemy-only.

That said, the scan spell clearly displays a vulnerability to confuse, and in-game you can "confuse" him a different way by having Tidus use talk, so even if you say the scan spell isn't adequate evidence the flavour concerns suggest he should be vulnerable to such status.

EDIT: Oh yes, do you have a link to the exact effects of first-turn speed? I've seen them before on GameFAQs but never bothered to copy them down.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 07:20:59 PM »

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2013, 10:48:03 PM »
So can anyone weigh in on what Aika's Delta Shield prevents as far as enemy pseudomagic status goes? I think it has to stop Jecht Beam or Dude's team will have a problem.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2013, 11:39:16 PM »
Not sure SoA had enemy side pseudomagic. That's a kind of hard one to say (I mean...I tend to lean against it, but this is high end SoA magic being bad. The flip is the the only dangerous magic enemies have will be Eternum, which isn't too unlike Jecht Beam).
...into the nightfall.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 01:10:27 AM »
Jecht Beam is pretty explicitly magic though (Shell halves it) so I would assume that Delta Shield prevents it offhand. Skies doesn't have much magic damage/status to begin with but what does come at you (Eternum stuff) is walled by Delta Shield and that is good enough here.

So can the team take Jecht below 2/3rds HP? I want to say 'probably' so Pass for Dude.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 01:41:20 AM »
Actually...there may be psuedo magic. I was looking up when Swirlmarang is reasonable, and the FAQ implies that "Anita" has moves very similar to Aika's S-Moves. These could be magical. No idea if Delta Shield stops them (or if they are even magical).

Anita also has Delta Shield, so one could test if that gets Aika and Fina's S-Moves. Uh...would need tomeone to have a save here to test.

Swirlmarang is certainly not this floor.
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 01:48:57 AM »
http://skiesofarcadia.wikia.com/wiki/Vize_The_Legend This wiki claims that Anita's S moves are boostable by Increm, which would make them physical. (I don't think increm boosted magic, but I could easily be wrong)
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 03:13:09 AM »
Dhyer: DC Swirlmarang is actually either Floor 2 (where it is ludicrously overpowered and trivializes Ixataka) or Floor Never (if you didn't set up the idiotic Dreamcast online shop stuff).  As it happened, my college roommate at the time did set up the DC online shop, so it's probably legal now for me, but not for GC players.  Headache.

Pyro: Remind me the details about Mystic-Holy Grail ?  Could you just buy Holy Grails easily?  (Never really comes up in-game, so unsure on how easy this is to pull off.)

Anyway, sure, I'll buy the speed antihype on turn 1 and would tiebreak for Team Dhyer if nothing otehr than Berserk Tail strats were against him, so Dhyer passes.  Team Pyro is shakier, not sure he can kill Seymour Natus fast enough before everyone gets petrified, but sure I'm willing to hype some kind of broken Mix + Ryu as blitzing things out, so tentative pass.  (Probably not Full Break for the mix though, Armor Break in FFX is surprisingly wussy, right?  And irrelevant if Ryu is ITD regardless.)

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 03:51:14 AM »
DLC isn't something that really strikes me as legal anyways.
...into the nightfall.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 04:28:30 AM »
Holy Grail is a unique accessory with a mystic effect of MT ID immunity. It is gained before the Judecca diablo pillar.  You can Mystic it infinitely and it is a very nice factor in Lilka's favor. (Tim has a spell that. does the same but requires killing like 50 monsters to get).  This is a useful unique ability that should translate. Makes Vins even easier!

As for Natus, the stone is a limit so. he is biting it to dragons, and an MT haste or equivalent can be set up there (extend quick lilka or Rikku mix) to fire off the blitz if need be and getting atound that with dispel just means less chance at stone. Also status healing can get around that amd with Quick turns can be manipulated to avoid it.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 05:04:28 AM »
Pyro passes.

Team dude vs. Shadow Yukiko, Shadow Chie and Shadow Yosuke
Team dude vs. Ike, Soren, Titania & Mist (FE9 forms)- They should tough through this, although luck could certainly bit them in the ass here.
Team dude vs. Jecht- So...Jecht is best handled by either immuning his tricks or by buffing and smashing (or both) or by taking advantage of his status weaknesses. Assuming Delta Shield does work, there's still 2/3 of unscaled Jecht's HP to go through. In terms of damage, Mei-Ling is good (Feena tends to be anemic over longer periods of time, Monk needs an equip to just get to average, White Rose...doesn't have the damage move yet?)

Also of note, this team is not good at avoiding an Overdrive either, so there is even the chance of a constant 2HKO threat. And since the team can't take advantage of that status (Boy, I guess Feena wishes she got Craze here), it's just a lot of slugfesting. Helps a lot that this is not a durable team and Jecht Sword 2HKOs people anyways (certainly WR and Aika). That the healing is generally not good doesn't help (Saga's aren't near full and are ST, Monk's is Monk's, Aika is spending every near damn on Delta Shield, will not be building SP. Feena at least has MT healing- although not great- and decent enough ST).

...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 11:12:44 PM »
Dhyer: Well, it wasn't exactly vanilla DLC in the modern sense.  You didn't buy it using real dollars, or anything; it was just an incentive to connect your DC to the net at all, which my roommate did anyway to play Phantasy Star Online (...solo.).

Pyro: I was about to say that Rikku was limited 1 Mix per floor and you already hyped using Mix in Fight 2, but I see that she was de-nerfed slightly.  Still, rebuilding an OD is a little tricky with no triple OD weapon and SK threatening to mine Rikku occasionally, but sure.

I still don't know Saga well enough to vote Team Dude, but I scale all bosses HP in the dungeon and reasonably respect Feena's damage (it's certainly no worse than average now, quite possibly a tad better), so that would probably help.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 11:35:53 PM »
Zap  Whip is probably okay damage, but limited by SP usage. Magic damage tends to lag techs though, so Feena can't keep up anything. Of course, without HP scaling, Jecht is reasonably horrible anyways, so generally shouldn't cause too many issues.
...into the nightfall.