Register

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 125  (Read 2970 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 125
« on: December 25, 2013, 07:54:04 PM »

"Merry Christmas! That is a holiday some of you celebrate, isn't it? Hahahaha! Perhaps you'll be merry after this week is over!"

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------
**Full Heals reset limit and other types of gauges when teams pass through them.
**Characters that join after the start are locked into the relative stats they have at that time until they would officially join.

Team Pyro | Rikku, Ryu2, Lilka, FFT Chemist, and Rand (Firefly)
Floor 6b: Overachievers
Team Pyro vs. Ashera and Dheginsea
*Full Heal*
Team Pyro vs. Katrina and Charlton Blunt (XF)
*Full Heal*
Team Pyro vs. Isolde and Crazed Eye
*Full Heal*
Team Pyro vs. Profound Darkness and Dark Force 3
*Full Heal*
Team Pyro vs. Izanami and Kunino-Sagiri

Team Dhyer | Cecilia (Speed?), Alys, Terra , Ronfar, Jean(Lunar)
Floor 6a: Underachievers
**The enemies in the first four fights take 25% less damage.
Team Dhyer vs. Viola, Heiss and Hugo (RH)
Team Dhyer vs. Berserk (4), Alhazad, Lady Harken and Boomerang (WA:ACF)
Team Dhyer vs. Kuwadora, Habaruku, Aruhamel and Barubary (BoF2)
Team Dhyer vs. Samille, El Jackson, Rupert (XF) and WA4 Tony
Team Dhyer vs. Cid Raines and Barthandelus (FF13)

Team dude | Mei-Ling, Feena, Aika, White Rose, FFT Monk  (Vantage)
[Feena: All Eggs]
[Floor 4b: Buff Enough]
*On this floor, all buffs have their effects increased by 50%, debuffs by 25% and the first two rounds of both the enemy and player must be on buffs or debuffs, which does not include status.
Team dude vs. Cray, Nina4, Scias and Ershin
Team dude vs. FFT Samurai, Time Mage and Squire Ramza
Team dude vs. Aeonless Yuna, White Wizard and Priest (FFT)
Team dude vs. Arnaud, Yulie, Lilka and Emma (AC:F)
Team dude vs. Adachi, Alexia (XF) and Alma

Team Super | Orlandu, Emily, Kevin, FF1 Knight, FF1 Monk (Bravery Sealstone)
[Floor 1: Starting off Again (Beginning of the game)]
Team Super vs. Big Joe, Evil Gaia, 10 Jogurts, VP1 Hrist, Euram Barrows, Gobi, Sinspawn Ammes, Garland and Igglanova (PS4)
Team Super vs. Cecil, Cid and Rosa
Team Super vs. Augus and Joker (BoF2)

Status Symbol Law - Team is fully status, debuff and ID immune, but has damage done to them increased by 1.1x and damage done by them decreased to .9x.

Speed? - The effective speed of one character is set to 120% (1.2x) average speed. This number may be further increased by Haste effects.

Firefly - The first attack of each enemy will be redirected at the bearer of this sealstone. Multitarget and status moves are not affected, however status attached to damage is.

Vantage Effect - Counterattack abilities activate before being attacked and also increases the chance of any counter attack activation skill to 100%.

Bravery Sealstone - Enemy damage is reduced by 25% and enemy status rates are cut in half (90% status becomes 45%, round down if needed) due to how brave it is to go into the Dungeon without a healer.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 125
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 11:32:59 PM »
Team Pyro vs. Ashera and Dheginsea: Two bosses who rely on Defenses but have shitty HP vs. the nastiest ITD nuke on the PC side of the dungeon.
*Full Heal*
Team Pyro vs. Katrina and Charlton Blunt (XF): G. Dragon will kill Charlton and put a hurt on Katrina... But I doubt it's enough to get her speed enough to start lapping the buffed team. Quick/Hasting and so on. Or defense buffing off Rikku to let Lilka just handle this by herself or something.
*Full Heal*
Team Pyro vs. Isolde and Crazed Eye: Isolde's HP isn't good enough. I don't think she tanks through G. Dragon.
*Full Heal*
Team Pyro vs. Profound Darkness and Dark Force 3: Some good Shelling/Protecting should prep the team for PD form 2/3. Dark Force 3 isn't going to last long enough to matter much, as one or two thwacks and a G. Drgn and he's out. Slowdown is offset by Quick and Chocobo Wings if it came to that. Firefly on Rand helps set up defensive buffs. Beyond that the Haste/G.Dragons just do a number to PD. PD form 3 is being blitzed down before she can dispel-> Do something truly nasty. And in between those turns the defensive buffing goes up on key targets, and Rikku might gain an Overdrive in a protracted battle with MT damage.
*Full Heal*
Team Pyro vs. Izanami and Kunino-Sagiri: G. Dragon nixes Kunino fast enough, and Izanami can try to Mind Charge for a Megidolaon, but too many defensive options exist. Izanami will get her 'guaranteed' turns and then form 2 will eat G. Dragon (and some other stuff) and die before it can do anything.

Team Dhyer vs. Berserk (4), Alhazad, Lady Harken and Boomerang (WA:ACF): Some combination of people can try to stop Berserk from getting a turn, but is that going to happen? Ceci can Lightning attack him, Jean can thwack him... Terra probably has her turn cancelled by Boomerang, and I don't think it will be enough unless Alys throws in something too, and even then I'm not sure. But if Alys does that, then Harken is going to make a mess of the team turn 2. Ugly.
Team Dhyer vs. Kuwadora, Habaruku, Aruhamel and Barubary (BoF2): Kuwadora probably outright KOs Ceci. He's a monster. This is ugly. Honestly this fight and the one before it are incredibly difficult.

*On this floor, all buffs have their effects increased by 50%, debuffs by 25% and the first two rounds of both the enemy and player must be on buffs or debuffs, which does not include status.
Team dude vs. Cray, Nina4, Scias and Ershin: Lightsabers and Delta Shield work well enough here.
Team dude vs. FFT Samurai, Time Mage and Squire Ramza: Time Mage will Haste up his team, but Lightswords and Delta Shield make them kind of sad again.
Team dude vs. Aeonless Yuna, White Wizard and Priest (FFT):  Delta Shield makes this easy too.
Team dude vs. Arnaud, Yulie, Lilka and Emma (AC:F): Delta Shield helps... I suppose Great Booster, Quickened, Hypered Arnaud can tear stuff up. Lightsword and his innate innacuracy helps get around that. But with only Arnaud and Yulie's physicals for actual offense this isn't much of a fight.
Team dude vs. Adachi, Alexia (XF) and Alma: Alma MBarriers Adachi and he Heatrisers, while Alexia... Royal Cheers him? That's going to be a hell of an MT physical attack that gets unleashed, and I don't think the team has defensive buffing to get around it since Light Sword Deflect only gets ST physical attacks. I think a Royal Cheered, Power Charged Atom Smasher just about wipes the team. Or was Feena's Defensive buff really good? And does Mbarrier'd Adachi get a chance to Heat Riser/Power Charge/Atom Smasher? Just doesn't look too good for the team...

Team Super | Orlandu, Emily, Kevin, FF1 Knight, FF1 Monk (Bravery Sealstone)
[Floor 1: Starting off Again (Beginning of the game)]
Team Super vs. Big Joe, Evil Gaia, 10 Jogurts, VP1 Hrist, Euram Barrows, Gobi, Sinspawn Ammes, Garland and Igglanova (PS4): Orlandu can solo this shit? Evil Gaia's Sleep could be problematic but that dies first and this team ain't lacking physical offense.
Team Super vs. Cecil, Cid and Rosa: Orland can also solo this.
Team Super vs. Augus and Joker (BoF2): Less Orlandu soloing, but still...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:15:02 AM by Pyro »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 02:28:13 PM »
I pass. Orlandu can solo floor 1.

Pyro passes pretty easily, G.Dragon is just going to maul this floor.  Pyro's team is relying on Ryu2 to handle business almost by itself, but it's enough.

Will wait on arguments for dude.

Abstain on Dhyer, just don't remember/haven't seen too much of this floor.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 06:31:00 PM »
Team dude vs. Cray, Nina4, Scias and Ershin Light Sword deflects and Delta Shield shut this down well enough.
Team dude vs. FFT Samurai, Time Mage and Squire Ramza: Haha Delta Shield
Team dude vs. Aeonless Yuna, White Wizard and Priest (FFT): Here too
Team dude vs. Arnaud, Yulie, Lilka and Emma (AC:F): And here
Team dude vs. Adachi, Alexia (XF) and Alma: But not here! That being said Light Sword Deflect is pretty useful here and Mega Windblast is at its smashiest right especially with the extra boost from Light sword so 2x MegaWindBlast is going to sting and probably take out whoever didn't get MBarrier'd. Mei-Ling and White Rose are both really fast too so 2x speed buffs from Feena along with Light Swords boost should let them outpace Haste. Additional Monk or Feena damage should finish off the other MBarrier'd PC and  Adachi can't take out the entire team by himself especially since most of the buffs from the boss team have a short duration.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 01:42:40 AM »
Team Dhyer vs. Berserk (4), Alhazad, Lady Harken and Boomerang (WA:ACF)- So, I think I can at least do some good damage this match. Cecilia does like 80% to Boomerang and Berserk while damaging everyone else. Jean should be able to finish off Boomerang with help from Alys' MT. Terra can finish off Berserk. MT Lightning works well here.
Team Dhyer vs. Kuwadora, Habaruku, Aruhamel and Barubary (BoF2)- Don't think I can get past here. Kuwadora is too fast, kills Cecilia before anyone can do anything about it. Terra can live through the Bolt X barrage, but can't really deal with Kuwadora. It was a good run until this and if Kuwadora was below 120% speed, Anti-Magic would get this.
...into the nightfall.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 01:07:19 AM »
Team Pyro vs. Ashera and Dheginsea - even if aura hype keeps Ashera from going down to G. Dragon she's not handling this team by her lonesome.
*Full Heal*
Team Pyro vs. Katrina and Charlton Blunt (XF) - Charlton goes down to G. Dragon regardless of how charitable you are to XF boss HP.  Katrina HP is certainly significant to me but lowish 2HKO isn't really hacking it.
*Full Heal*
Team Pyro vs. Isolde and Crazed Eye - Isolde eats an OHKO, Crazed Eye isn't really scary.
*Full Heal*
Team Pyro vs. Profound Darkness and Dark Force 3 - burp
*Full Heal*
Team Pyro vs. Izanami and Kunino-Sagiri - buuuurp

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 01:10:15 AM »
Team Pyro and Super pass.  Team Dhyer fails (and maybe nerf 6b a tad).  Abstain on dude.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 02:40:12 AM »
Does anyone know how good Feena's defense buffs are?

Edit: Snowfire says it is like ~10%, so Fail until someone argues me otherwise.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 03:10:55 PM by Pyro »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 06:32:16 PM »
Well White Rose should survive the very first Power Charged Atom Smasher at the very least because of Glass Shield. Aside from that one or two more people should survive as well because they'll only get hit by one hit of Atom Smasher. So at least 3 Mega Windblasts are going off, probably more because the enemy team has to reset all their buffs because of their short duration. I also don't know how good the movement buff is, but in Grandia 2 the movement buff gave pretty great evasion if you stacked them so that could be an option for Feena.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 04:14:43 AM »
On the Buff Enough floor, Power charged Royal cheer Atom smasher is probably > OHKO damage per hit...

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 05:19:35 AM »

So the turn order here is generally...Aika then Mei-Ling first. Of course, this means that Lightsword is generally not a thing until turn 2 (no effect under Delta Shield). I guess it uses it up the second buff requirement to start attacking though?
Team dude vs. Cray, Nina4, Scias and Ershin- Nina opens with 75% Magic Cut on Scias. Ershin is equipping Quicksilver, using up the second buff before she acts...and making her fast. Team will choose turn order so that Scias is post Cray. Cray using Attack up, Scias has borderline OHKO damage. Obviously he is going to kill Aika, taking down the Magic Immunity. Of course Dude isn't short of revivers, but this is generally letting now fast Ershin gets turn to sling that ID.
Team dude vs. Aeonless Yuna, White Wizard and Priest (FFT)- Um...hmm, this fight isn't about stopping the enemies from doing damage, it's about stopping the enemies from making it so that you don't do damage because between Shell, Protect and Ruse on top of Yuna's evade, they are really good at it. Dude's team is very bad at this. Yuna Shells herself, and already the team is a hell of a time killing her with that evasion.

Note that it's kind of important because...at some point Dude has to use a lot of resources to actually kill the enemies. I don't think I would tiebreak can't kill in their direction (and tiebreak would go to Yuna anyways because "change equips" to horrible poison inflicting weapon would be the tiebreak). I'll look more later.

...into the nightfall.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 05:41:24 AM »

So the turn order here is generally...Aika then Mei-Ling first. Of course, this means that Lightsword is generally not a thing until turn 2 (no effect under Delta Shield). I guess it uses it up the second buff requirement to start attacking though?
Team dude vs. Cray, Nina4, Scias and Ershin- Nina opens with 75% Magic Cut on Scias. Ershin is equipping Quicksilver, using up the second buff before she acts...and making her fast. Team will choose turn order so that Scias is post Cray. Cray using Attack up, Scias has borderline OHKO damage. Obviously he is going to kill Aika, taking down the Magic Immunity. Of course Dude isn't short of revivers, but this is generally letting now fast Ershin gets turn to sling that ID.
Team dude vs. Aeonless Yuna, White Wizard and Priest (FFT)- Um...hmm, this fight isn't about stopping the enemies from doing damage, it's about stopping the enemies from making it so that you don't do damage because between Shell, Protect and Ruse on top of Yuna's evade, they are really good at it. Dude's team is very bad at this. Yuna Shells herself, and already the team is a hell of a time killing her with that evasion.

Note that it's kind of important because...at some point Dude has to use a lot of resources to actually kill the enemies. I don't think I would tiebreak can't kill in their direction (and tiebreak would go to Yuna anyways because "change equips" to horrible poison inflicting weapon would be the tiebreak). I'll look more later.
I don't think running out of resources is a big problem as FFT monk has chakra to restore MP. With Delta Shield I think the only potentially problematic fight is the last one.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 09:23:10 PM »
That does help, yeah. Still need to take a lot of a few fights (I mean...fight 4 isn't irrelevant either because Arnaud can ID Aika and his whole team may be alive at that point to take advantage).

Do Saga characters have the ID protection now?

On the Buff Enough floor, Power charged Royal cheer Atom smasher is probably > OHKO damage per hit...

Power Charge already puts it near OHKO levels per hit anyways! (Which...White Rose, Aika, Monk. Near OHKO is sufficient to wipe out 3 team members).
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2013, 09:42:30 PM »
The only obstacle in the way of obtaining ID immunity in Saga Frontier is money (Blood Chalices cost 4000). That's probably good enough for F4 for me, especially for a mystic who saves money by not needing to buy weapons OR body armour.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 11:36:24 PM »
I did not notice that. Buff Enough was changed to. 2 buff rounds.

That means the team will face down Royal Cheered Heat Riser Power charge Atom Smasher, and with only Two Feena Diggins to help? Or did she have a good evasion buff.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2013, 11:44:28 PM »
Bit of a reach, but how late is Episolon Mirror. If Feena has it by now she can spend the first two rounds focusing and then bust it out on the third turn to give the Team more time to deal damage which should be enough to kill Alexia and turn off any Royal Cheering as well as put Adachi in an awkward spot where his other buffs are gonna start wearing off.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2014, 12:25:28 AM »
Epsilon Mirror doesn't appear to be relevant if allowed anyway?  According to Google, it's just "Aika is invincible this round and regains 10 MP."  It doesn't spread the invincibility to the others?

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2014, 12:27:10 AM »
Epsilon Mirror's ST.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2014, 11:55:57 PM »
Estimates
Mei-Ling- Poor Durability, 108% Start Speed, 45% MT Magic (May Check Evade?), 60% ST Physical (ITE, Partial ITD)
Feena- AoE Fire/Wind/Earth Magic (Probably not good damage though), Resurrect, Fiora, Snooze, Alheal, Diggin, WOW
Aika- 118% Speed, Delta Shield with Initiative, Maybe 20% Physicals, about 87% overall durability
White Rose- 105% Start Speed, 50% MT Ice/Lightning/Fire (May Check Evade?), 50% Healing with can revive with 1 HP, Bad overall durability, LightSword (stats up 15% here, plus about 50% evasion), 45% Charm, Glass Shield
FFT Monk- 100% Speed (Since Green Berets are around), Averagish HP and damage, Hamedo, 50% Death Sentence, Can Cure Most Status, 30% Healing that also gets MP, Revival with 86% chance of restoring 20% HP, Hamedo, 10% HP Regen (at the cost of a little speed since needs to move)

Vantage effects Monk. Monk can restore MP, but this does not get Feena's SP or Mei-Ling physical damage. Delta Shield shuts off any of the other buffs from actually working (as well as non-Monk revival and healing)

Team dude vs. Cray, Nina4, Scias and Ershin- Nina opens with 75% Magic Reduction on Scias. Ershin gets 75% Speed boost with Quiksilver. For Dude's team, Delta Shield and failed LightSword. Then start the normal attempting to land status of Charm and Fiora (although this is hard because status immune healer with Nina. Scias may choose to halve it too, especially if you don't allow Focus). Going for damage doesn't seem like too winning a setup.

Cray buffs Scias, increasing his damage by 50%. I Scias then kills Aika. This is so dangerous with the BoF 4 team being able to move around turn order because the next turn, they can go for a massive MT combo with 3 people who all at least resist status 50%. A lucky status could get through, but it's not horribly likely. Honestly, this match is being pretty underestimated, IMO.

Team dude vs. FFT Samurai, Time Mage and Squire Ramza- At best, Kiyamore+Murasame is annoying. At worst, Delta Shield doesn't stop Samuari breaks (needs more testing against Anita to see if pseudo-magic is covered). I guess at least some resources need to be spent. Not that I think this fight is overly problematic, but at least two good damage resources aren't recoverable. Granted, if they let Ramza scream a lot (and hey, if he gets Hasted, Protected and Shelled, he starts getting pretty nasty)

Team dude vs. Aeonless Yuna, White Wizard and Priest (FFT)- Key here is to avoid a literal detente (aka the enemy team getting so buffed up there isn't a realistic way to kill them). Aika opens with Delta Shield. Someone opens with a failed LightSword. So options to shut the team down early are Death Sentence (Yuna only; other two block), Charm, and Fiora. Priest may be the most dangerous one because if he gets Shelled/Protected/Rused/Walled, his auto-regen will not be broken and I don't think they will have anything that can kill. Yuna opens with Shell on Priest (also halving status accuracy). White Wizard opens with Ruse (her Mdef protects her from being Charm/Silenced turn 1) on Priest.

Team dude vs. Arnaud, Yulie, Lilka and Emma (AC:F)- So hey, maybe the easiest at a glance. Unless of course, Arnaud takes down Aika and magic works. Enemy team certainly isn't short on revival and such, and Lilka's permanent Quick certainly gives Arnaud a bunch of turn chances. Lilka's permanent Quick can actually just be so dangerous later.

Team dude vs. Adachi, Alexia (XF) and Alma- And finally we get here. The issues with this fight have been brought up. Adachi is not durable to start, but should get under MBarrier thanks to the awesomeness that is Royal Cheer to speed. We know the generalized issues with Adachi smashing the team up. So there are a lot of hard fights here that I think were being glossed over as Delta Shield plus Lightsword, since that combo doesn't actually work turn 1. Fight 1 has a buffed Scias who can just wreak everyone after 1 buff+revival Nina+threat of Ershin/Scias/Nina combo. Fight 3 only needs to cast about 5 buffs and it will make it impossible for the team to beat them. Fight 5 may just wipe out in mass. Didn't want to go too far into analyzing each fight, but the problem is here is lack of accurate, disabling status and that there isn't really anyone who is great on damage (everyone is solid, although Feena runs out of gas veeery quickly since SP is where the damage is). I don't think any one fight is overload (although the 5th may just be a bit too hard), but I think the combo of all them combined are not good.
...into the nightfall.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2014, 11:00:25 PM »
*On this floor, all buffs have their effects increased by 50%, debuffs by 25% and the first two rounds of both the enemy and player must be on buffs or

I wouldn't take the "Must be buffs or debuffs" so literally as to FORCE Aika to use Delta Shield when it would be disadvantageous to do so. She may want to do so anyway vs. Wild Arms guys to prevent Slow Down, but otherwise I'd probably let her Spirit or something.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2014, 11:46:36 PM »
That might work for some matches, but not the first (then Ershin switches to Death on her and Scias switches to general (MT?) status that the team can't block).

Second match that means that Time Mage has an opening to status too.

Okay for the third match, but the problem is the detente.

So for the matches it matters, it just means opening them up to more status in matches that may already have issues.
...into the nightfall.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2014, 12:22:19 AM »
*On this floor, all buffs have their effects increased by 50%, debuffs by 25% and the first two rounds of both the enemy and player must be on buffs or debuffs, which does not include status. *

Death and TM Status are out under the explicit "No Status" rule.

"Detente" isn't a problem for the team vs. the healers because the Monk can make it go on almost forever, and FFX Shell does not halve status odds (FF5's does). It does halve gravity damage, which is the weird thing about it.

The team's larger problem is a lack of good, stackable buffs, or a dispel. The "Two rounds of buff/debuff" rule means you really want either of those. That said it isn't so bad until the last matchup because the core idea is Delta Shield + Light Sword Deflectors (who deflect for other PCs, remember!).

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2014, 12:58:28 AM »
It doesn't matter if Monk can go forever because they have no way to kill Priest once it's under 5 buffs because I think they lose to it's Auto-Regen (Post Quartering Magic, Quartering Elements, Quarterting Physicals and getting 100% evasion). A detente means that it's no win, and either they quit or are stuck in the fight endlessly.

For the BoF 4 fight, the first two buffs are Nina and an auto-buff Quick that's cast by Ershin pre-emptively at the beginning of the first turn (I think that's how it works). Either way, Scias isn't one of the first two, so is free to use MT status if Delta Shield isn't up. Ditto Time Mage.

...into the nightfall.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2014, 01:13:05 AM »
Also, I guess it would be useful to know what attacks are/aren't deflectable in Saga too.
...into the nightfall.

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2014, 03:04:58 AM »
For what it's worth Ruse is self-target only, while the best evade-boosting spell you can use on an ally in FF1 is +20% evade in practice. Don't think this has a big impact on the overall analysis, though.