Author Topic: RPGDL 2014 Season 1, Week 2  (Read 2298 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
RPGDL 2014 Season 1, Week 2
« on: January 05, 2014, 08:34:25 PM »
Week 1 will be open a few hours from this post.

Godlike

Malik Bendict (Wild ARMs 3) vs Liza (SaGa Frontier)
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) vs Claud C. Kenni (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF) vs Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)
Zophar (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete) vs Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)

Heavy

Takaya Sakaki (Persona 3) vs Rikku (Final Fantasy X)
Vayne Aurelius (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Chie Satonaka (Persona 4)
Kyra Tierney (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Momo (Breath of Fire III)
Vulcanus (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness) vs Lucian (Valkyrie Profile)

Middle

Guy Cecil (Tales of the Abyss) vs Ayame (Suikoden III)
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Shion Uzuki (Xenosaga Series)
Bartholomew Fatima (Xenogears) vs Elhaym Van Houton (Xenogears)
Ronnie Bell (Suikoden) vs Tengaar (Suikoden Series)

Light

Cotton (SaGa Frontier) vs Dancer (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Jet Enduro (Wild ARMs 3) vs Peppor (Chrono Cross)
Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission)
Paula (Earthbound) vs Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: RPGDL 2014 Season 1, Week 2
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 09:31:08 PM »
Godlike

Malik Bendict (Wild ARMs 3) vs Liza (SaGa Frontier): This is a pure speed respect check (provided you consider Liza with DSC, otherwise she gets owned obviously), as DSC is ITE and surely strong enough to kill but Malik can status her out with a turn. Pretty sure Liza is further from average speed than Malik though.
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) vs Claud C. Kenni (Star Ocean: The Second Story): Goes first / flies / uses Pale Horse seems like the safest path to victory.
Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF) vs Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis): Hmm Weisheit should 2HKO so does Isolde kill first? ... well she has Bunker Pillar and Weisheit being vulnerable to Rob Turn (and Cancel Strike) means he should probably be vulnerable to Break as well. So for Weisheit to win he both needs to be allowed to use Stab and then dodge the limit while not dying in the meantime. Seems unlikely overall.
Zophar (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete) vs Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Welcome to Godlike, Sephiran.

Heavy

Kyra Tierney (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Momo (Breath of Fire III): Uh, good fight. I'll take a look at it later and/or wait for others.
Vulcanus (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness) vs Lucian (Valkyrie Profile): Gut says he can take this, mostly due to speed tiebreaks which I am always inclined to break against Disgaea bosses.

Middle

Guy Cecil (Tales of the Abyss) vs Ayame (Suikoden III): Evasion.
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Shion Uzuki (Xenosaga Series): um
Bartholomew Fatima (Xenogears) vs Elhaym Van Houton (Xenogears): Immunes sleep, so his superior speed and durability should let him take this.
Ronnie Bell (Suikoden) vs Tengaar (Suikoden Series): Tengaar barely avoids a OHKO here, so being faster + having powerful magic lets her take the fight with few problems.

Light

Cotton (SaGa Frontier) vs Dancer (Final Fantasy Tactics): Dancer can go in unarmed and rely on A Save kicking in enough times to get her to OHKO damage, I'd imagine. In the meantime she can use Disillusion and/or Nameless Dance to tilt things even further her way.
Jet Enduro (Wild ARMs 3) vs Peppor (Chrono Cross): Jet's a damn good Light.
Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission): Cinnamon does about 30% to average, which is enough to kill Raja with one attack plus a second attack through Blessing. Horrific speed difference means waiting out Hyper Mode with healing isn't an option either.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 11:26:34 PM »
Godlike

Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF) vs Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis): Think an OHKO is in order?
Zophar (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete) vs Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): I could totally see people voting Sephiran if not for Fate Storm.

Heavy
Takaya Sakaki (Persona 3) vs Rikku (Final Fantasy X): ID. It's a limit but Rikku damage always sucks. I guess she could use physicals for an overdrive and bring the hit-rate down to like 20%, but even then I'm not sure she seals the deal and does half Takaya's HP before he kills her. Hmm.
Edit: Nevermind he doesn't have ID per Snow. Zuh.
Vayne Aurelius (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Chie Satonaka (Persona 4): She's evasive and he is all evadable, right?
Kyra Tierney (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Momo (Breath of Fire III): Think her speed buff does it?
Vulcanus (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness) vs Lucian (Valkyrie Profile): Guess he 2HKOs first?

Middle

Guy Cecil (Tales of the Abyss) vs Ayame (Suikoden III): The hell is Ayame doing in middle? Fast ITE 2HKO with solid evade...
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Shion Uzuki (Xenosaga Series): XS3 Judo?
Bartholomew Fatima (Xenogears) vs Elhaym Van Houton (Xenogears): Immunes her status.
Ronnie Bell (Suikoden) vs Tengaar (Suikoden Series): Trust the NEB.

Light

Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission): I don't think I played enough MMXCM to vote but Raja probably wins with itemcasts if he can get two shields!
Paula (Earthbound) vs Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom): I think?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 03:21:34 AM by Pyro »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 11:38:14 PM »

Middle

Evasion vs. ARPG characters is weird, but sure.
But but elly has Ether damage to get around evasion!!1!

Light

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 12:13:44 AM »
Takaya Sakaki (Persona 3) vs Rikku (Final Fantasy X): ID. It's a limit but Rikku damage always sucks. I guess she could use physicals for an overdrive and bring the hit-rate down to like 20%, but even then I'm not sure she seals the deal and does half Takaya's HP before he kills her. Hmm.

I believe Takaya's ID has been tested pretty extensively to actually -not exist- at any range. I don't think anyone here has ever seen it. Otherwise, he'd have the fight.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 12:16:08 AM »
Malik Bendict (Wild ARMs 3) vs Liza (SaGa Frontier) - Yeah, I think I gutcheck Malik as like 1.05x average speed and I -believe- Liza is better than that.
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) vs Claude Kenni (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - Maaaaaaaaaaan.
Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF) vs Isolde Schelling (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) - I'm pretty sure I'm in line with Elfboy's interp. Slow is unlikely to be relevant, at least, though if it connects before Weisheit's third turn, it'll be absolutely hilarious.

Heavy

Takaya Sakaki (Persona 3) vs Rikku (Final Fantasy X) - Holy -jesus-. Rikku stalls and chips until an Overdrive and uses Mighty Guard, the -end-. Takaya's terrible at applying pressure.
Vayne Aurelius (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Chie Satonaka (Persona 4) - Evade pretty much keeps this out of reach for Vayne. She'll need more than a Tarucharged God Hand to kill him, but she certainly -gets- the time to finish him off pretty easily (he doesn't live through even Tarucharge God Hand+BASIC PHYSICAL and 80% evade means Vayne pretty much doesn't kill Chie in less than four turns). He's actually better off not bothering with Overrealm here and it doesn't even -matter-.
Kyra Tierney (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Momo (Breath of Fire III) - Oh wow, this is pretty much nuts, but, given my interps, I think this is right. With a Psy Shield, Momo's odds of landing status are very much zero (-38% accuracy at base, an extra -50% from the shield all in subtractive systems means Momo's status accuracy needs to be pretty much 90% for them to land -ever- and, even then, it's something like turn twenty. And I certainly don't see them above 80% myself. Confuse isn't very useful even if you see it bypassing Psy Shields, since it gets undone by any damage dealt). So, Momo has to buff. After fully buffing her attack, she should 4HKO post-Warla Kyra (she ain't bothering with a boomerang here, since Momo can buff her physical durability to practical immunity... granted, FORCING her to buff herself to immunity is a good idea, so let's say Momo 3HKOs then). AFTER buffing all she needs to, Momo has about nine shots of full healing or 16 shots of weaker, but still likely enough healing to keep her up against Kyra's unimpressive damage. Kyra herself has...  19 shots of Nafoi (her preferred damage option here, since Nagra is almost double the cost for little extra offense). And if she's getting 3HKOed, she can only attack on turns Momo doesn't double or misses - and she opens with Warla, so the pressure's gonna be lacking no matter what. On the other hand, she has 24 shots minimum of healing, but it's probably not enough. And Kyra can't try to waste Momo's attack buffing here either. I'm actually pretty confident Momo pulls this off, since 3HKOing for free and 3-2ing constantly once she's set up means Kyra will spend far more resources than Momo trying to keep up. Great fight, regardless.

Guy Cecil (Tales of the Abyss) vs Ayame (Suikoden III) - Evade alone makes this hard for Guy. After you factor in the fact he likely gets 2HKOed stat...
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Shion Uzuki (Xenosaga Series) - Wow. I'm pretty sure Shion fails to 2HKO Lily and Slow gets immuned. I'm actually suspecting Lily opening with Rainy Mega Spear, then juggling the Slow-inflicting MT and Spears until Slow lands -works-, because Shion mdur sucks and Lily's SP REGEN SKILL lets her keep pressure up repeatedly. And since MK2 Slow applies immediately (and probably does better than counteract XS1 Quick)... not to mention Shion's healing isn't even -full-. I think her best shot would be if she had EAtk Down skills, but no, all of them focus on STRENGTH and VITALITY. On the other hand, Rainy Mega Spear spamming itself may be enough: Shion, on HP alone, coasts off 0.89 durability across the board, and she boasts game-worst EDef to boot (see "Shion mdur sucks" above). Of course, XS3 Shion is a Heavy and wins this pretty handily (lol Phantom Fly against MK2 damage), but has it even been ranked yet?
Bartholomew Fatima (Xenogears) vs Elhaym Van Houten (Xenogears) - Elly against the sleep-immune.
Ronnie Bell (Suikoden) vs Tengaar (Suikoden Series) - I'd be shocked if Tengaar didn't just OHKO Ronnie of the Jude-like mdef. I don't think she's frail enough to be OHKOed back either.

Cotton (SaGa Frontier) vs Dancer (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Dear GOD.
Jet Enduro (Wild ARMs 3) vs Peppor (Chrono Cross) - Jet's pretty damned good in the division.
Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission) - See Elfboy.
Paula (Earthbound) vs Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) - lol.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 01:40:13 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 12:58:38 AM »
Takaya doesn't have ID in his last form? Guess that changes the vote!

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 01:09:21 AM »
Godlike

Malik Bendict (Wild ARMs 3) vs Liza (SaGa Frontier)- Don't think I allow DSC.
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) vs Claud C. Kenni (Star Ocean: The Second Story)- I nommed Sephiroth for some scaling/general respect arguments since he's fresh in my head, but he's going to stomp two scrubs and get slaughtered in the semis. So it goes.
Zophar (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete)
vs Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)

Heavy

Vayne Aurelius (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Chie Satonaka (Persona 4)- Can survive a god hand even if Chie's evasion works.
Kyra Tierney (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Momo (Breath of Fire III)- Momo can buff speed and Kyra can't. Bet that's the difference.

Middle

Bartholomew Fatima (Xenogears)
vs Elhaym Van Houton (Xenogears)

Light

Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission)
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 01:23:48 AM »
Godlike

Malik Bendict (Wild ARMs 3) vs Liza (SaGa Frontier) - I have no real compunction against the "gtfo Malik" interp.
Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF) vs Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) - Yeah Rank of Death is just asking for Isolde to go lolbunkerpillar since that doesn't OHKO her, I doubt trying to be cute with Stab is enough.
Zophar (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete) vs Sephiran (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - Welcome to Godlike, Sephiran.

Heavy

Kyra Tierney (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Momo (Breath of Fire III) - lazy and copying Snow.

Middle

Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Shion Uzuki (Xenosaga Series) - Think this is about right from what I remember.
Bartholomew Fatima (Xenogears) vs Elhaym Van Houton (Xenogears) - lol
Ronnie Bell (Suikoden) vs Tengaar (Suikoden Series) - When in doubt trust elfboy.

Light

Jet Enduro (Wild ARMs 3) vs Peppor (Chrono Cross) - Presumeably less incompetent.
Paula (Earthbound) vs Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) - Aguro 2HKOs and there's not a damned thing Paula can do about it.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 04:56:21 AM »
Guy Cecil (Tales of the Abyss) vs Ayame (Suikoden III): The hell is Ayame doing in middle? Fast ITE 2HKO with solid evade...

Ayame isn't ITE for what it's worth.

Maybe.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 05:17:40 PM »
Paula can't 2HKO Aguro and his wonderful Mdef? That is an impressive feat.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 05:50:23 PM »
Paula -4HKOs- average at base. Aguro'd need to be like 0.58x mdur to eat a 2HKO from Paula damage. If she couldn't handle -Kongol-, full applies against Aguro, who's faster and more damaging by a considerable amount. She wouldn't be a borderline Puny if she had about average damage, but so it goes.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 08:03:05 PM »
Yeah I doubt L1 Mdef is so potent or the spread so large as to get Aguro noticeably below average, let alone so far as to get 2HKO'd by *Paula*.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 09:21:43 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Vayne Aurelius (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Chie Satonaka (Persona 4)
Kyra Tierney (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Momo (Breath of Fire III)

Middle

Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Shion Uzuki (Xenosaga Series)

Light

Paula (Earthbound) vs Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom)- No vote.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 11:07:35 PM »
Godlike
Malik Benedict (Wild ARMs 3) vs Liza (SaGa Frontier)
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) vs Claude C. Kenni (Star Ocean: The Second Story)

Heavy
Kyra Tierney (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium) vs Momo (Breath of Fire III)

Middle

Light
Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium) vs Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission)
Paula (Earthbound) vs Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom)

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 06:04:49 AM »
Middle

Ronnie Bell (Suikoden) vs Tengaar (Suikoden Series) - The highest ranked match I can vote on!

Light

Paula (Earthbound) vs Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) - I kept asking in chat if Paula would solidly 3HKO Aguro and hope for a 25% proc off Freeze to stun Aguro for a turn, but that still only gives Paula a 43.75% chance of winning...  Assuming Freeze at least 3HKOs.  If it 4HKOs, then Paula's chance to win drops to basically nothing.

I think I did the math wrong.  .75*.75 for fail, 2(.75*.25)+(.25*.25) for win, which means...  43.75% chance of losing, 56.25% chance of winning if she 3HKOs?  Huh.  Of course, Paula doesn't 3HKO, if I'm looking at the numbers right (and Lufia 1 Magic Resistance means less than I thought).  At best, she 5HKOs, so it's still a pointless endeavor since he 2HKOs back.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 07:03:14 AM by Magic Fanatic »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 04:50:02 PM »
Godlike

Malik Bendict (Wild ARMs 3) vs Liza (SaGa Frontier) - Godlike is straightforward!
Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF) vs Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) - This one feels debatable, but I have overall high Isolde respect on average, while my Weisheit respect seems lower than the rest of the DL's. So... pretty clear-cut.

Heavy

Takaya Sakaki (Persona 3) vs Rikku (Final Fantasy X) - Oh Strega, why do I never tire of watching you fail? :)
Vayne Aurelius (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Chie Satonaka (Persona 4) - Power of Fsteak lets you evade weapons made of Cats.
Kyra Tierney (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Momo (Breath of Fire III) - If a match between two stalling buffers like this happened in Light, people would complain. In Heavy, it's one of the more talked-about matches.
Vulcanus (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness) vs Lucian (Valkyrie Profile) - I wanna vote for Disgaea, but Lucian <3

Middle

Guy Cecil (Tales of the Abyss) vs Ayame (Suikoden III) - Time to hype ridiculous Guy speed and self-healing Spam! It's cheap enough that if you see him evasive enough to push Ayame down to a 3HKO, he can heal-stall to a Mystic Arte.
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Shion Uzuki (Xenosaga Series) - Spam Damage+Slow, watch Shion suffer.
Bartholomew Fatima (Xenogears) vs Elhaym Van Houton (Xenogears) - Man, I didn't realize how bad Elly is outside of Light when Sleep doesn't work.
Ronnie Bell (Suikoden) vs Tengaar (Suikoden Series) - sure, elf.

Light

Cotton (SaGa Frontier) vs Dancer (Final Fantasy Tactics) - I feel like Cotton should be able to do better... it's not like he's Slime-level bad.
Jet Enduro (Wild ARMs 3) vs Peppor (Chrono Cross) - Jet, don't hurt him... too hard.
Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission) - I feel like Cinnamon might be more of a low Middle, but I'm okay with her slaughtering Light.
Paula (Earthbound) vs Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) - Aguro, winning a match?!

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 05:52:26 PM »
Aguro is kinda good in Light. High 3HKO off speed that could actually be worse and pretty good pdur goes far in a sea of slow and fragile duellers.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2014, 08:16:57 PM »
Godlike

Malik Bendict (Wild ARMs 3) vs Liza (SaGa Frontier) - DSC is ITE? Well then.
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) vs Claud C. Kenni (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - Claude in Godlike.

Heavy

Takaya Sakaki (Persona 3) vs Rikku (Final Fantasy X) - Takaya's a HEAVY? What?
Vayne Aurelius (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Chie Satonaka (Persona 4) - I have no freaking clue here. May vote later.
Kyra Tierney (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Momo (Breath of Fire III) - Clear enough here, Momo has better buffs, deeper resources, and damage worth mentioning that doesn't consume resources. I do not buy that Kyra can run her out of MP.
Vulcanus (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness) vs Lucian (Valkyrie Profile) - Vulcanus respect not checking in

Middle

Guy Cecil (Tales of the Abyss) vs Ayame (Suikoden III) - Evasion and p.sure she beats guy on the quickdraw anyway.
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Shion Uzuki (Xenosaga Series) - Beats XS1 Shion anyway.
Bartholomew Fatima (Xenogears) vs Elhaym Van Houton (Xenogears) - Sleep is blocked. Elly loses.
Ronnie Bell (Suikoden) vs Tengaar (Suikoden Series) - Faster and isn't OHKOd, I think.

Light

Cotton (SaGa Frontier) vs Dancer (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Sure
Jet Enduro (Wild ARMs 3) vs Peppor (Chrono Cross) - Jet is a very good light. Peppor is Peppor.
Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission) - PS4 vs CM? I'll trust elfmath here.
Paula (Earthbound) vs Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) - :paula:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 08:19:50 PM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2014, 11:25:57 PM »

Persona 3's most hilarious misranking somehow carried over CKDL.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2014, 12:34:35 AM »
Cotton's not that bad in the division (unlike Slime yeah) but Dancer spoils him mercilessly, anything which can slowly debilitate someone who has sub-Raja damage as his only offence is going to be decisive.

Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2014, 04:50:31 AM »

Persona 3's most hilarious misranking somehow carried over CKDL.

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php/topic,1569.0.html

People don't seem to talk very much about Takaya, but there's a lot of talk about Minato!  And vintage 2008 Tallychu rage on damage averages & ranking philosophy.  A fun read.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2014, 12:36:55 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2014, 01:09:31 AM »
I had Takaya at a borderline H/M then, and divisions just tended to get better. So it's not too surprising that the landed in Heavy initially (especially since he could average high Middle but then have someone who didn't scale boss HP down move him up to heavy).
...into the nightfall.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2014, 02:38:15 AM »
That and you can chalk it up to typical SMT boss respect fluctuation as well. Takaya also gets ridiculously inflated by lower levels. But even by the time the game got ranked, him being a Middle made sense (way too bad against even remotely resourceful healers as long as they don't get 2HKOed by average magic - i.e. ask Bernadette how she rips him a new one). I don't even think he's a -great- Middle (though I think he's at least above average in the division nowadays), getting reamed by a typical Water Rune Suikoscrub's kinda bad.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 03:29:19 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »