Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 127  (Read 2611 times)

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 127
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2014, 01:38:21 AM »
A quick re-check of the Belial fight shows 4-D Pocket to not last that long (3-4 uses of it and it never lasted more than a PC turn) and it also does not seem to reset CT... she would 4-D Pocket Arnaud, and then when Arnaud came back he would get an instant turn (before unslowed Belial and Jude, say). Likewise with other PCs.

You don't have to view Omnis as unscaled Super. Though if you choose to that is up to you.

For my own team, Myria 1 and 3 run into the problem of
a) having to attack Rand first due to Firefly
b) Not having a lot of time together because Ryu2 G.Drgn spam kills Myria3 relatively fast (2 shots?)
c) Rikku probably has an Overlimit there, being the last fight of the floor

Status shenanigans from Myria 3 run into Lilka just undoing it and the team having enough healing. Myria3 really needs to use Sanctuary to keep the buffs down, but that probably won't happen since Rikku is hyper-fast after turn 1 and can just re-buff with ease.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 01:41:47 AM by Pyro »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2014, 01:39:06 AM »
You don't really need all that amazing MT healing to take down Seymour. Even with 50% MT Healing, he's effectively doing about 5HKO damage to your joint bar (Meaning someone with 50% MT Healing and one person with 100% ST Healing would completely cancel out all the damage he can do).

Seymour is 98% speed turn 1.

It's basically a control match. Make sure you have sufficient MT healing if you want to tackle Seymour. If you have MT healing and great buffs (or applicable debuffs) or Mdef (Sure he has Dispel, but generally a solo enemy dispelling is a losing turn trade), even better.

I'll note that even without perfect AI, Ultima+Firaga is going borderline KO without healing anyways (I do allow Morphigasm manipulation...but none of Super's PCs can do anything there anyways).

I would say that it would be better to leave them unscaled but without full AI since truer to in-game and...without that Seymour is really bad. Like what team is really going to have a problem with him solo? He has no status, no great speed, and even a fully dead average physical team will still borderline 2HKO him.
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2014, 02:23:12 AM »
I would think the Myrias would be more inclined to just use their MT moves to get around Firefly and to also probably kill Rikku of the "not very high durability" unless I'm crazy.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2014, 03:18:31 AM »
Myria 1's MT is sad (4HKO if that) and Myria 3's MT is not impressive. (barely even 2HKO till below half HP).

Buffs and MT healing alao nix that strat.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2014, 04:23:58 PM »
Team MICHAEL | Yuna, Alys, Arnaud, Tidus, Raja (SSL)

So Arnaud has Slow Down instead of Illusion...
Yuna should definitely have Life.
Tidus has Haste certainly. Maybe Delay Strike...
Team President vs. Big Joe, Evil Gaia, 10 Jogurts, VP1 Hrist, Euram Barrows, Gobi, Sinspawn Ammes, Garland and Igglanova (PS4): ALYS saves the day with MT.
Team President vs. Cecil, Cid and Rosa: Team wants to prevent Raja from going/staying down. Rosa can't status em, but she CAN Holy/Heal/revive. Raja goes down easy to some swipes, but Yunie can revive him and she herself isn't going down quite as easily. I think the team can manage that with Slow Down/Saner/Haste making the turnsplit mean.
Team President vs. Augus and Joker (BoF2): This is hard. Slow Down Joker so that he barely ever gets turns, Saner... Slow Down Augus... On the first turns they get Augus can go after Raja and get him, and then Joker can MT, but then they are Both Slowed Down and Yuna can rez Raja and he'll get a turn becuase of Slow Down/Saner, allowing him to keep up with healing. I think the team can do it from here.