Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 128  (Read 1130 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 128
« on: February 19, 2014, 01:54:24 AM »

"Ho ho ho... you've come back again. Well, let's see what happens now!"

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------
**Full Heals reset limit and other types of gauges when teams pass through them.
**Characters that join after the start are locked into the relative stats they have at that time until they would officially join.

Team Pyro | Rikku, Ryu2, Lilka, FFT Chemist, and Rand (Firefly)
*Lilka has been granted Wild Arms 2's Sheriff Star!
*Ryu2 should be considered against the end-game averages, even with post-game stats.
*Chemist has been granted 15 Elixirs.
*Rikku has been granted max Overdrive at the start of the floor.
[Floor 9: Sealstone Revenge]
Team Pyro vs. Terra, Cyan, Celes, Shadow, Edgar, Sabin, Celes, Gau, Setzer, Mog and Strago (Status Symbol Law)
Team Pyro vs. Vyse, Aika, Gilder, Drachma, Enrique and Fina(Violent Burst Law)
Team Pyro vs. Tidus (Sonic Steel), Cecilia (ACF) and FFT Chemist (Body Charge)

Team Super | Orlandu, Emily, Kevin, FF1 Knight, FF1 Monk (Bravery Sealstone)
[Floor 4a: Diff'rent Strokes]
Team Super vs. Lucia, Gywn, Ramus, Luna, Laike and Tempest
Team Super vs. Kyra, Hahn and Demi
Team Super vs. Albel, Adray, Noel, Precis and Chisato
Team Super vs. Palom, Porom, Tellah, Fusoya and Yang
Team Super vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan and Alma

Team MICHAEL | Yuna, Alys, Arnaud, Tidus, Raja (SSL)
Floor 2a: Adventuring (Earlygame)
Team MICHAEL vs. Alex, Kyle and Luna
Team MICHAEL vs. Jack, Cecilia and Rudy(WA:ACF)
Team MICHAEL vs. Colm, Jaffar and Matthew
Team MICHAEL vs. Killey (S2) and Lorelai (S5)
Team MICHAEL vs. Boss Zed and Boomerang 2 (ACF)

Firefly - The first attack of each enemy will be redirected at the bearer of this sealstone. Multitarget and status moves are not affected, however status attached to damage is.

Bravery Sealstone - Enemy damage is reduced by 25% and enemy status rates are cut in half (90% status becomes 45%, round down if needed) due to how brave it is to go into the Dungeon without a healer.

Status Symbol Law - Team is fully status, debuff and ID immune, but has damage done to them increased by 1.1x and damage done by them decreased to .9x.

Violent Burst Law - Characters with system-specific gauges begin the floor with them filled. These gauges do not charge during the floor by any other means.

Body Charge - Increases the damage to 1.3x and effective speed of a character by 1.2x and decreases damage to them to .7x

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 128
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 02:41:56 AM »
*Ryu2 should be considered against the end-game averages, even with post-game stats.
Team Pyro vs. Terra, Cyan, Celes, Shadow, Edgar, Sabin, Celes, Gau, Setzer, Mog and Strago (Status Symbol Law)- Enemies are kind of sad. Rikku hastes Ryu, Ryu MT explodes them. Some of them may at least evade, but these guys are just really bad for floor 9 (It's lack of speed that it just killer here. And to make it worse, one of them evading is even better, since it gives them time to restore Ryu's MP. Anyone who gets to floor 9 will just steamroll this (Of course, respecting FF 6 speed would help a little, but man).
Team Pyro vs. Vyse, Aika, Gilder, Drachma, Enrique and Fina(Violent Burst Law)- Well, these guys combine...oddly. I mean...if they all started with 28 separate SP, they would be scary. As is...ouch, not as intended. Having a communal limit bar is horrible. Granted, I don't think it matters because it's not like they have scary MT at all.
Team Pyro vs. Tidus (Sonic Steel), Cecilia (ACF) and FFT Chemist (Body Charge)- So Chemist is Body Charged? That's...hmmm. Well, lack of fatal status+anemic damage=Ryu should get time to crush. I don't think I'm fully understanding the synergy of this fight. While Tidus/Clarissa was scary as hell, I'm missing what Chemist can do here.
...into the nightfall.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 03:36:50 AM »
Team Super's goal is to eliminate anyone who has MT damage first, I think

Orlandu- Dat Speed, probably about 80% damage to me (no Bracer)
Emily- Dat Speed, probably also like 80% damage to me or something
Kevin- 50%ish? ST Healing
Knight and Monk- Guessing about 50% damage average between the two.

Team Super vs. Lucia, Gywn, Ramus, Luna, Laike and Tempest- Lucia may have bad MT, Laike at least has some durability, Luna has the MT Sleep (which even halved will get two people, so she's up there) and Tempest has AoE. So...in terms of targets it's probably...Luna>Tempest>Laike>Lucia>Jobbers. So Luna needs two hits and Tempest needs two hits. So Emily/Orlandu take out Tempest, then two others take out Luna. So Laike, Lucia, Ramus and Gwyn get turns. Laike does about 30% to Monk or Kevin, if Lucia doesn't have that MT, she might chip in 15% ST damage. Gwyn can do about another 15%. Ramus is Ramus. They are wisest to spread the pain around since rushing isn't a thing. Team can fully heal up with Kevin before moving on.
Team Super vs. Kyra, Hahn and Demi- All targets are about equal (all of them sporting some about equivalent MT overall). So the team probably takes about 30% MT damage from one of them.
Team Super vs. Albel, Adray, Noel, Precis and Chisato- So a lot of ST damage here at least. Danger order is probably...Adray>Albel>Precis>Chiasto>Noel, although by virtue of having MT, Noel may not be last. Adray needs to go because Ice Needles is too dangerous even with the status halving due to it getting the hits separately. While Adray is slow to run, Ice Needle chains aren't so lethargic on speed since he's not really running. So turn order is a little nebulous. I guess regardless, Chisato and Precis can combine together for something a little nasty.

Guessing there's a solid chance that someone may go down here. Luckily evade protects Emily. Speed order matters a lot here. Since basically every one of the enemy needs two hits to be taken down, at the least Chisato/Precis are guaranteed the turn. Albel needs to go behind 2 of Kevin/Monk/Knight, which statistically isn't likely (his running speed is a bit above average, which helps, and he certainly has some fast lead off stuff if needed). Or Kevin's healing could go in between someone, but SD 3 speeds.

Team Super vs. Palom, Porom, Tellah, Fusoya and Yang- So, the good here is that there's a lot of OHKO bait, although if Yang's status check is per hit and not for the whole entire attack, that could be bad. Any of the mages not being tied up leads to someone likely being out, so it depends a lot on the last match and a bit on Yang mechanics.

Team Super vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan and Alma- Not overly scary, but if the right people are hamstrung it could be. The status chances add up, but not especially quickly. Alma buffing Beowulf could delay the match a while, especially with a good shield in play.

Regardless, definitely an overall fighting chance. 
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 12:39:12 AM »
The intended effect of the SoA fight is for them to have the SP for for each character, thus a much larger SP pool to draw from.

The intended synergy of the final fight is that Tidus has unlimited MP and Cecilia has a lot of spells to take advantage of.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 12:58:28 AM »
Blue Destiny was ST or MT? (The one that took all your SP to use). I don't remember, or if it even how fast it fired.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 01:21:42 AM »
Both Blue Rogues & Prophecy are MT and both consume your entire SP gauge and both have perfect initiative.  Prophecy, aside from doing absurd overkill MT damage in the DL, also cancels all the enemy turns if it was survived / immuned somehow.  Since the Skies fight is literally unwinnable if this is allowed barring something really weird, I'm inclined to disallow it with VBL.
http://skiesofarcadia.wikia.com/wiki/Prophecy

Also don't agree with Dhyer that the Skies team has bad MT.  Gilder has an MT OHKO in The Claduia off above-average speed, and Enrique / Aika's initiative moves can help him survive to use it.  Probably not a concern here since Rikku will just blow some cheaty Mix to win anyway if he went for that (Gilder trying to MT OHKO = get statused by items which sail right past Delta Shield), but worth mentioning.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 01:24:07 AM by SnowFire »

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 01:34:42 AM »
Fortunately it is ACF Ceci (who does not do much that is decisive) as opposed to WA1o Ceci (who can do stuff like Prison and so on).

Team Pyro vs. Terra, Cyan, Celes, Shadow, Edgar, Sabin, Celes, Gau, Setzer, Mog and Strago (Status Symbol Law): G.Drgn or one of the set 20K damage Overdrives?
Team Pyro vs. Vyse, Aika, Gilder, Drachma, Enrique and Fina(Violent Burst Law): Does G. Drgn get caught on Delta Shield or Justice Shield? I want to say 'no' because G.Drgn is ITD and ignores resistances and so on and so forth, but assuming it does, then the enemy team's goal is to unleash MT Havoc from within those shields, But Hasting/Protecting prevents the enemy team from really sneaking in KOs (especially with Firefly in effect) and Ryu2/Rand physicals surely KO Aika, without whom a G.Drgn lays down the law (kills everyone even halved, no?). Lilka can extend ID immunity to everyone and that clips the ability to pick off people. And all this is assuming a simple G.Drgn doesn't solve the problem, or a Rikku Overdrive, which is Item-based (and ITD?)
Team Pyro vs. Tidus (Sonic Steel), Cecilia (ACF) and FFT Chemist (Body Charge): This is over when Ryu2 gets a turn. Not sure how that doesn't happen, since the enemy team's offense is primarily Tidus, who will be Countered to death by Ryu2 if he tries to take him, and Ryu2's stats are better than normal here for durability/physical damage (and speed, though not by too much I expect).

Also, I may be able to hype Lilka's Extend -> Quicken for some effective hastening even in the face of Tidus. Rikku can also undo it via Chocobo Feathers...

Team Super vs. Lucia, Gywn, Ramus, Luna, Laike and Tempest: Cid de-weapons Laike, Emily KOs Luna, One of Lucia/Tempest falls next. This isn't a threat.
Team Super vs. Kyra, Hahn and Demi: Cid can't just Dark Sword em, I guess. KO Demi ASAP and Kyra does some MT damage. Then Hahn dies to the others before he gets a turn, with Kevin having the opportunity to heal someone. Kyra doesn't get a second turn.
Team Super vs. Albel, Adray, Noel, Precis and Chisato: Cid can Dark Sword someone or break their weapon while Emily starts a beat-up train. Either way 3 of them are getting useful turns at least, and they can focus fire on someone who was damaged last round. Kevin is an obvious target because of the healing. So which 3 get turns? Precis and Chisato are the most annoying... Both are fighters in a game with mages which means they likely beat out Knight/Monk... But if they don't kill Kevin he can heal whoever they did thwack. And then Knight/Monk kill someone... Then Orlandu/Emily remove another two from the equation. Albel isn't a big threat because of the status halving. I am unsure of what the status of the team leaving this fight is. I don't think the enemy healing/revival helps much, since it seems like a losing proposition against the offense (Revived folks take too long to get turns here!)
Team Super vs. Palom, Porom, Tellah, Fusoya and Yang: Yang is kind of neutered by the status halving. Two durable mages are picked off before he even gets a turn. Then Knight/Monk can pick up a KO on the less durable mages? And Kevin exists too... as long as the team got out of the last fight they should be okay.
Team Super vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan and Alma: MP-kill Beowulf or FFT Cloud? Or both before they get a charged attack off. And Olan can be ganked too. This fight isn't too much of a threat for such an offense-heavy team.

Team MICHAEL | Yuna, Alys, Arnaud, Tidus, Raja (SSL)
Floor 2a: Adventuring (Earlygame)
Team MICHAEL vs. Alex, Kyle and Luna: SSL means Luna isn't the threat. That'd be Alex, surely. FIery doom is very bad for this team. If Raja can get a turn he can SEAL them up, which would help. Can Slow Down/Slow or Haste help him accomplish this?
Team MICHAEL vs. Jack, Cecilia and Rudy(WA:ACF): Must kill Rudy. Slow Down helps but the lack of offense is painful here. I don't think SEALS will stop Rudy's Arms. Can Alys/Tidus/Arnaud stop Rudy? Does Tidus have any Delay Attack? That'd help surely.
Team MICHAEL vs. Colm, Jaffar and Matthew: Slow Down helps a lot here, and Alys' MT does too. May need a Death charge here?
Team MICHAEL vs. Killey (S2) and Lorelai (S5): Killey needs to be prevented from getting off his spell. Death or that strategy of Slow Down->Haste/Slow -> Seals might help, though S5 Lorelai likely prevents that.
Team MICHAEL vs. Boss Zed and Boomerang 2 (ACF): Slow Down can only help so much here... The team is really dependent on Raja to keep things from going south and he dies too easily. Yuna's ST healing isn't likely up to par, though Hasted it might push it.

Depends a lot on how good the Haste/Slow/Slow Down gimmick is at letting Raja slam down a Seals. And on how many Deaths Alys has.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 11:36:32 AM by Pyro »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 02:21:52 AM »
Pyro: Enrique's Justice Shield is the damage-halving buff, not Delta Shield.  Also it's just straight damage-halving everything, not a defense buff, so I wouldn't see ITD as meaning anything here.  The more interesting question is if Delta Shield nails G-Dragon, which would null it if so.  In favor of Delta Shield is the fact that BoF2 does have a physical ability / AP ability split for things like Shot or Missile, and G. Dragon does cost AP, so I'd be inclined to see it nulled.

Team Pyro vs. Vyse, Aika, Gilder, Drachma, Enrique and Fina(Violent Burst Law):
If we ban Prophecy / Blue Rogues, Gilder MUST open with status-nulling and Aika opens Delta Shield on the assumption it can null G. Dragon.  (if it doesn't, the team is screwed, G. Dragon can kill enough even through damage-halving, but not everyone, so there'd be a chance to MP-heal for the next fight.)  Enrique probably wants to open Justice Shield too if Rikku has any nasty mixes.  So that leaves Vyse, Drachma, & Fina to go on the offense.  I don't think that's enough - Rikku & Chemist should both have status healing, and Rikku can do some nasty haste tricks, so some kind of ID rush seems to be out as they'd have to stop and off Rand first.  And Vyse's MT isn't a OHKO without Incremus, which can't be used thanks to Delta Shield.  So...  Team Pyro wins anyway, but not via blitzing, but rather by stalling out the Skies team's SP.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 02:24:16 AM »
Alys would have 2 shots of Death, but also has MT Sleep (YMMV on how you feel about it, but it's still MT Sleep.)

Moonshad (2x): Sleep, 80%, MT.  [Lasts 1-5 turns, even distribution, 3 average.]

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 02:42:03 AM »
For what it's worth, I'd strongly kneejerk against Delta Shield (or any other sort of magic immunity) getting G. Dragon. BoF2 has several enemies with the "magic immunity" trait (notably including the boss Portal), and dragons aren't affected by this. (Dragon summons also ignore both caster and target magic-related stats, so there's really nothing magical about them.)

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 02:52:05 AM »
Right, forget that TheClaudia is MT. That said, Gilder is not above average speed. However, Gilder does halve status anyways, so a single shot of Rikku status may not be enough here (but I guess there are some mixes, that are multi, so he probably does need Aura of Denial).

Justice Shield halves physicals but not magic. Delta Shield...well, I guess we are back at the same question for Aika for a few weeks ago. It has an argument to get dragons, but it would need testing of Anita versus Fina magic techs for the argument to be there (the other argument being that between the Delta Shield and Justice Shield, all damage in game would be reduced in some manner. Just need to prove that the same is true on the enemy side).

For Pyro, Albel is still pretty dangerous even with the status halved because if Aura Wall is seen as having combo capability, it's a bunch of small chances (so halving it doesn't mean that the overall hit rate is staying below 50%). It's one of the moves I haven't played around with as much since I was aiming to get HP damage curves first. Also, only person with revival on the enemies is Adray, and he can't be left alive anyways.
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 03:19:20 AM »
Dragons aren't magical techs in any sense (not even the way that, say, Sabin's blitzes are, which is where I would see the argument lying), calling upon a completely different algorithm. Unless Delta Shield gets literally everything in the game that isn't physical-defence-subject I don't think it has much of a case here (and even if it does it would depend on if SoA has what I would generally parse as non-typed damage/status, because otherwise Occam's Razor suggests that Delta Shield blocks magic, not "everything that isn't physical"); the argument of dragons bypassing their own game's otherwise comprehensive magic immunity is very strong to me.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 07:11:06 AM »
It would just be the argument that those two moves combined shut down everything in game (provided that the enemy equivalent of moves do shut down everything. If they went in and got Anita's Delta Shield to take care of Fina's techs, that might be enough to give credit here; note that I don't think that changes my vote at all regardless).
...into the nightfall.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 03:50:15 PM »
Pass to team Michael. If Alys has 2 Deaths then she can blow away Killey and Rudy while SEALS should stop Alex in combination with Hastening/Slowing. Or maybe Delay on Alex if that'd work better than Slow.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 12:07:45 AM »
Pass to team Michael- Death wrecks enough of that floor for him.

Team Super vs. Lucia, Gywn, Ramus, Luna, Laike and Tempest- Laike's sword goes boom, Emily vaporizes Gwyn, Knight/Kevin should kill Luna.
Team Super vs. Kyra, Hahn and Demi- Too much offense.
Team Super vs. Albel, Adray, Noel, Precis and Chisato- I don't think the team loses anyone here? Albel's status is annoying but Cid can nuke him first. Adray is not going to survive a Monk/Kngiht beatdown.  Leaving some totally inept (noel) scrub alive to give myself a chance to heal is probably a good thing.
Team Super vs. Palom, Porom, Tellah, Fusoya and Yang- Yang's status can slow the team down, but high grade physicals are bad news for this fight. Cid and Em should both be able to OHKO a twin. Kevin can kill Tellah. Fu *might* get a turn, but  I don't think he can entirely derail things? He's at the risk of eating a doubleturn from Cid as is.
Team Super vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan and Alma- Kneejerk. Should be able to blitz down Cloud/Olan at the least, and they are the biggest threats.

Tenative pass to team Pyro. G.dragon does it's thing here.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...