Register

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 129  (Read 733 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 129
« on: March 18, 2014, 11:39:12 PM »

"I am so sorry you've made it all the way to me, only to die!"

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------
**Full Heals reset limit and other types of gauges when teams pass through them.
**Characters that join after the start are locked into the relative stats they have at that time until they would officially join.

Team Pyro | Rikku, Ryu2, Lilka, FFT Chemist, and Rand (Firefly)
*Lilka has been granted Wild Arms 2's Sheriff Star!
*Ryu2 should be considered against the end-game averages, even with post-game stats.
*Chemist has been granted 15 Elixirs.
*Rikku has been granted max Overdrive at the start of the floor.
***Ragu may not use One Trillion Degrees. Shinryu may not use Tidal Wave.
Team Pyro vs. Lady, Malice Gilbert and Malice Killer
Team Pyro vs. Ragu O Ragola (WA4)
Team Pyro vs. Shinryuu (FF5)
Team Pyro vs. Margaret (P4)
Team Pyro vs. Nyarlathotep, Nyx Avatar: DEATH, Erebus (P3:FES) and Izanami

Team Super | Orlandu, Emily, Kevin, FF1 Knight, FF1 Monk (Bravery Sealstone)
Floor 5a: A Fair Fight
*Status, buffs and debuffs may not be used on this floor.
Team Super vs. Dark Force 2
Team Super vs. Zera Valmar and Melfice
Team Super vs. Ghaleon (SSC)

Team MICHAEL | Yuna, Alys, Arnaud, Tidus, Raja (SSL)
Floor 3b: Divided you Fail
**35% of all damage done by the player team is returned to the character who dealt it as ITD damage, based on whatever damage would be done to the target after all reductions.
Team Michael vs. Shadow Yukiko, Shadow Chie and Shadow Yosuke
Team Michael vs. Ike, Soren, Titania & Mist (FE9 forms)
Team Michael vs. Jecht

Firefly - The first attack of each enemy will be redirected at the bearer of this sealstone. Multitarget and status moves are not affected, however status attached to damage is.

Bravery Sealstone - Enemy damage is reduced by 25% and enemy status rates are cut in half (90% status becomes 45%, round down if needed) due to how brave it is to go into the Dungeon without a healer.

Status Symbol Law - Team is fully status, debuff and ID immune, but has damage done to them increased by 1.1x and damage done by them decreased to .9x.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 129
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 01:58:28 AM »
*Ryu2 should be considered against the end-game averages, even with post-game stats.
Team Pyro vs. Lady, Malice Gilbert and Malice Killer: So Ryu2 does his thing here. This is one reason why I took the aftergame bonus for him I did!
Team Pyro vs. Ragu O Ragola (WA4): And none of it matters. Ragu O Ragla is what, 694% average speed with ~OHKO physical damage?
Ragu->Ragu->Ragu->Ragu->Rikku->Ragu->Ryu2->Lilka->Ragu->Chemist->Ragu->Ragu------->Rand? Or something like that.

Ragu swipes at Rand with magic. Ragu KOs Rikku. Ragu KOs Lilka. Ragu Double-taps Ryu2, Chemist tries to revive someone. Ragu KOs chemist. Ragu KOs the someone Chemist revived. Ragu nixes Rand. But honestly? All he has to do is KO enough of the revivers to where the party can't proceed with a team viable to win the next fights. This is true for any party he faces, and with ~700% speed and ~OHKO damage...

Yeah don't use Ragu4.

Team Pyro vs. Shinryuu (FF5): Pretty sure I would hold Runningshoes against him, which makes his speed not so special. He's frail too.
Team Pyro vs. Margaret (P4): Margaret probably doesn't belong in a superboss run. I'm not sure she can do much vs. highly competent buffing/healing here.
Team Pyro vs. Nyarlathotep, Nyx Avatar: DEATH, Erebus (P3:FES) and Izanami: This would be where Rikku needs an Overdrive and Ryu2 needs to blow them all away with G.Drgn as quickly as possible. That might be doable, honestly. If the Super Might-G or whatever goes up and  the Hasted G.Drgns start flying... 2-3 G.Drgns probably handles them all excepting Izanami (damage immunity), who would then be facing down the entire buffed party. And the formshift turn loss probably means Nyarly himself can't do much of anything?

Doesn't matter. Team gets Spaghetti Sauced like every other dungeon team.

Team Super vs. Dark Force 2
Team Super vs. Zera Valmar and Melfice
Team Super vs. Ghaleon (SSC): Nothing the team can do to survive this onslaught of MT damage.

**35% of all damage done by the player team is returned to the character who dealt it as ITD damage, based on whatever damage would be done to the target after all reductions.
Team Michael vs. Shadow Yukiko, Shadow Chie and Shadow Yosuke: The team puts out a lot of hasting and slowing here to control the enemy.
Team Michael vs. Ike, Soren, Titania & Mist (FE9 forms): Alys' Death works well here. I think Arnaud can Illusion Ike. Tidus Slows and thats that.
Team Michael vs. Jecht: Hasting and protecting make this manageable.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 11:10:00 PM by Pyro »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 02:45:08 AM »
Team Pyro vs. Ragu O Ragola (WA4) - insert a witty joke involving spaghetti sauce here

MICHAEL passes

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 03:47:40 AM »
Abstain on my team for now. If Cid can get to Ghaleon by himself he wins; the sealstone effect gives Night Sword time to do it's thing.  Fail to team Pyro, pass to team Michael.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 04:24:00 AM »
Team MICHAEL passes, Team Pyro gets RAGU'D, and Team super fails.  If Dark Force / Melfice  can resolve even a few attacks, then Orlandu will be the only one at full health for Ghaleon, who will unleash MT doom.  And unfortunately Orlandu probably has to tank his HP at this point to get ID protection, so he isn't soloing Ghaleon anyway.  I suppose Knight and possibly Kevin have some healing, but without good buffing, it doesn't matter, they can't really afford to use it.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 05:06:31 AM »
Super, I think you are forgetting that Ghaleon's nasty defense takes a fair chunk out of Cid's draining game.

Team Pyro vs. Ragu O Ragola (WA4)- Good god that speed.

Team Super vs. Dark Force 2- DF 2 has about 15 PC HP unscaled (or 3 PC HP scaled, but as always, bosses are so so horrible then solo) and does 42% MT magical damage to Super's team. Thunder res helps, but yeah, this is brutal. He can also do 65% ST magic. So basically, Kevin focuses on just trying to keep himself and Emily alive. Knight and Monk are biting it.
Team Super vs. Zera Valmar and Melfice- Orlandu/Emily eliminate Zera before his turn, Melfice just isn't scary alone. Melfice does manage 2 turns though thanks to evade I think since Orlandu the one that needs to hit him.
Team Super vs. Ghaleon (SSC)- Ghaleon's normal Pdur is like 6. Ghaleon's unscaled Pdur? Ooooooouch. Not the stat you want to be hitting. Ghaleon has about 60% MT. If Kevin had infinite MP, this might actually fly. Kevin at this point might have about 16 shots of healing (and he uses 2 a turn. Melfice eats up 4, DF 2 eats up a good extra chunk; Probably 10 or so).

Team Michael vs. Shadow Yukiko, Shadow Chie and Shadow Yosuke
Team Michael vs. Ike, Soren, Titania & Mist (FE9 forms)
Team Michael vs. Jecht- Infinite duration Protect (for Raja)+Evade+Null Elements+SSL is certainly a plus against Jecht. I will say that without Protect, the team might be slowly whittled away (Raja is needed for the MT healing, since Jecht's Sword accuracy won't be dealt with by Saner and SSL Raja's Pdur is special. He would MT wipe and then use ITE while they struggle to do damage overall).
...into the nightfall.