Author Topic: RPGDL 2014 Season 2, Week 3: Phenomenal Cosmic Power in Godlike  (Read 1748 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Godlike

Jenna Angel (Digital Devil Saga) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4)
Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II)
Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star)
Rika (Phantasy Star IV) vs Ted (Suikoden IV)

Heavy

Phyress (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) vs Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF)
Gilgamesh (Final Fantasy V) vs Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)
Demi (Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millenium) vs Emelia(SaGa Frontier)
Mesarthim (SaGa Frontier) vs Lawfer (Valkyrie Profile)

Middle

Mystic Knight (Final Fantasy V) vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III)
Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs The King of Awesome (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Brad Evans (Wild ARMs 2) vs Brozong (Pokémon)
Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4) vs Anastasia Romanov (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)

Light

Emma Hetfield (Wild ARMs Alter Code F) vs Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series)
Irenes (Chrono Cross) vs Krin (Suikoden)
Mist (Fire Emblem Series) vs Draggy (Chrono Cross)
Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) vs Archer (Final Fantasy Tactics)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: RPGDL 2014 Season 2, Week 3: Phenomenal Cosmic Power in Godlike
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 03:33:02 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Phyress (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) vs Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF)- Locks down easily enough.
Gilgamesh (Final Fantasy V) vs Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)- Strong, strong kneejerk.
Demi (Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millenium) vs Emelia(SaGa Frontier)- Ugh, abstain.
Mesarthim (SaGa Frontier) vs Lawfer (Valkyrie Profile)- Status I think.

Middle

Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs The King of Awesome (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- Timed cards ignore fear.
Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4) vs Anastasia Romanov (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)- Status.

Light

Emma Hetfield (Wild ARMs Alter Code F) vs Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series)- This looks amazing and I'm so happy I can't vote on it.
Irenes (Chrono Cross) vs Krin (Suikoden)- Irenes has a shot of full healing and Flu on her best damage. She's remarkably competent.
Mist (Fire Emblem Series) vs Draggy (Chrono Cross)- Kneejerk Mist being bad.
Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) vs Archer (Final Fantasy Tactics)- Aegis+poison blocker shut down almost all of Melody's offense. Charge means Archer can deal with her barrier well enough. Any argument for this requires higher barrier respect than I can muster.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 03:56:33 AM »
Godlike
Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II) - dat conga
Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star) - e: yeah probably, they have roughly the same durability at base (helps that Katrina hits the right defense) but Fearburger Heart just makes too much of an impact here.
Rika (Phantasy Star IV) vs Ted (Suikoden IV) - Yeah no way Ted's faring any better than Tir.

Heavy

Demi (Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millenium) vs Emelia(SaGa Frontier) - e: sure!
Mesarthim (SaGa Frontier) vs Lawfer (Valkyrie Profile) - Despite voting for her I'm not sure she actually should've won last week, but Lawfer will find no recourse against HideRune cheese here, I think.  Good thing she has it, because Cocatrice is right out.

Middle

Mystic Knight (Final Fantasy V) vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III) - Lilly is faster but I don't think she really cares for shield evade here.
Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs The King of Awesome (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - Timed card nonsense probably.
Brad Evans (Wild ARMs 2) vs Brozong (Pokémon) - later
Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4) vs Anastasia Romanov (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - Yeaaaaah no.

Light

Irenes (Chrono Cross) vs Krin (Suikoden) - Probably.
Mist (Fire Emblem Series) vs Draggy (Chrono Cross) - wait fuck draggy's techs are magic based, may not be that big a deal anyways?  Mist kind of has trouble with the above-average physical durability crowd.
Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) vs Archer (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Poison is out and I'm not inclined to grant ES any favors against Aegis Shield, but archer damage still kind of below average and blocking poison is coming at the expense of at least a little of it.  That said, if Vinsfeld could pull it off to me with his surely worse damage, Archer probably can as well.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 04:45:53 AM by Random Consonant »

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 03:58:43 AM »
Godlike

Jenna Angel (Digital Devil Saga) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4) - Leaning in favor of Belial given that I take Jenna 1 as the normal duelform.  Bhairava slams into Distortion, and I'm not sure she has any notable MT damage (what was there was, IIRC, rather bad).

Middle

Mystic Knight (Final Fantasy V) vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III) - Drain Sword or Break Sword.  Pick your poison.  Also FF5 shield evade is kind of frustrating.
Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4) vs Anastasia Romanov (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - Captain Ressentiment, defeated by Russian Princess.

Light

Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) vs Archer (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Poison Blocker blocks her counters, but Eliminate Scanner's not getting touched by FFT Aegis.  I'll have to look at how the speeds mesh out here in particular, but I'm leaning in favor of Melody.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 07:08:49 PM by Namagomi »
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 04:25:56 AM »
Godlike

Jenna Angel (Digital Devil Saga) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4) - I....think....that Jenna 3 can win this? She has an MT physical.
Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II) - Luca begins a prestigious new career as pet food.
Rika (Phantasy Star IV) vs Ted (Suikoden IV) - Rika winning a quikdraw yet again.

Heavy

Gilgamesh (Final Fantasy V) vs Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) - Gilgy is mostly a slayer of PCs with some limited slugfesting ability. I think Velna's more than he can handle.
Demi (Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millenium) vs Emelia(SaGa Frontier) - 50% chance for bound shot to be ITD means that Emelia kills if she lands two in a row. But...Demi has more shots of full healing than Emelia has of Bound Shot. They're both above average speed....I think Demi just runs Emelia out of juice before she can get a kill. She's heal-locked, but has enough healing to do it.
Mesarthim (SaGa Frontier) vs Lawfer (Valkyrie Profile) - My dislike for hide rune shenanigans is quite high. But it works, so.

Middle

Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs The King of Awesome (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - Flay knows no fear. Alternatively, timed card BS.
Brad Evans (Wild ARMs 2) vs Brozong (Pokémon) - I'm going to assume that Bronzong can't kill before Boost Railgun happens. And that Boost Railgun will kill. If someone wants to prove me wrong with math, go right ahead. I used all my math on Demi/Emelia.
Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4) vs Anastasia Romanov (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - Status, yeah.

Light

Emma Hetfield (Wild ARMs Alter Code F) vs Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series) - Res acts as status resistance in FE. Ilyana is good at Res if nothing else. Emma does not win without status. I REFUSE TO THINK ABOUT THIS FURTHER.
Irenes (Chrono Cross) vs Krin (Suikoden) - She may need that shot of healing, but hey she has it to use.
Mist (Fire Emblem Series) vs Draggy (Chrono Cross) - Uh, sure. He can outslug here.
Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) vs Archer (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Kneejerk against melody, frankly. Gate disrespects WA3 prophets, news at 11.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 04:38:48 AM »
Godlike

Jenna Angel (Digital Devil Saga) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4): Later. I know we've seen this before and I know I thought this was close then... Jenna does have some MT although it's weak.
Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II): Nope.
Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star): This later too. Have to imagine Katrina has an edge though, their durability isn't too different and her speed lead is larger than Ghaleon's damage lead.
Rika (Phantasy Star IV) vs Ted (Suikoden IV): Yeah if Tir didn't win this...

Heavy

Phyress (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) vs Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF): Phyress has no notable evade or counters.
Gilgamesh (Final Fantasy V) vs Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga): Gilgamesh damage not very good and all physical anyway.
Demi (Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millenium) vs Emelia(SaGa Frontier): See Malcolm.
Mesarthim (SaGa Frontier) vs Lawfer (Valkyrie Profile): Clean win unless you see Lawfer OHKOing with a basic physical, or allow VP energy to be stored and not deplete ever. Mesarthim goes first and uses regen then HideRune, Lawfer loses. Alternatively there is petrify.

Middle

Mystic Knight (Final Fantasy V) vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III): Lilly has a parry score but it's not going to let her dodge turn 1, and MK only needs one shot.
Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs The King of Awesome (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars): Fear still boosts Bowser's damage even if it doesn't defend against timed cards, but I don't really think that's enough. He'll be lucky to 2HKO after fear and timed cards shred pretty well.
Brad Evans (Wild ARMs 2) vs Bronzong (Pokémon): Sleep. Steel typing to take some hits even if any do sneak through.

Light

Emma Hetfield (Wild ARMs Alter Code F) vs Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series): See various people. All status in FE9-10 checks res (barring Lethality which no enemies have), not sure where Dhyer is coming from about the evadable ones...
Irenes (Chrono Cross) vs Krin (Suikoden): See Snow.
Mist (Fire Emblem Series) vs Draggy (Chrono Cross): No.
Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) vs Archer (Final Fantasy Tactics): The one match I have thought about reasonably. Okay, Archer is at best averagish damage (and that's with the low-HP Twist/Power setup) which scrapes a 4HKO against Melody. This assumes you don't assign him any damage penalty for blocking poison (if you do, like me, then he's down to a 5-6HKO). I guess it mostly comes down to the Aegis Shield. I'm not inclined to give Aegis Shield much respect here (things it doesn't block in FFT: all summons, drain spells, Meteor, Holy, Ultima, boss-only magic used by Zalera/Hashmalum/Altima, Truth/Untruth) as its long list of omissions reminds me a lot of WA3's Arcana Blocker, which gets normal PC attack spells and not Eliminate Scanner. Not to mention like half the cast can use it anyway.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 04:50:36 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 01:59:48 PM »
Jenna Angel (Digital Devil Saga) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4) - Jenna's MT is horrible, horrible trash and Distortion walls Bhairava otherwise. Since Belial OHKOs every single form clean, she has no problem giving only a single turn to each form. Jenna even has a case to 3HKO Belial, but I'm not really sold on that.
Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II) - Yuna can just forfeit Aeons here: immunes Fire, evade+Protect make physicals fail, outstall cleanly.
Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star) - Kneejerk is the speed edge just creeps into madness late in the fight.
Rika (Phantasy Star IV) vs Ted (Suikoden IV) - Faster.

Phyress (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) vs Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF) - Levin against someone who can't dodge very well nor counter at all.
Gilgamesh (Final Fantasy V) vs Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) - Gilgy can't even kill Velna's Origin. That's awful.
Demi (Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millenium) vs Emelia (SaGa Frontier) - Okay. Emelia 2HKOs Demi with crit+non-crit on BoundShot, which is a bad start for Demi. To make matters worse, she should have a 4-3 at worst on Demi (assuming 25% or possibly even 20% speed per SD, at least. HOWEVER, Emelia can even afford to 5-4, since she outslugs Demi fairly flat at base) and is faster than her even -before QuickDraw-. Demi can hope for openings when Emelia has to reload, since that butchers her speed pretty bad, but Demi herself only 3HKOs Emelia. Spamming Stasis Ball may also be an option on reloading turns, but Demi has trouble even -getting- to a reload turn alive. Trying that anywhere else is a waste of time, PS4 sleep-locks just don't work out too well when your opponent is faster. Due to being a RNG-reliant match and a degree of resource disparity (Emelia has 16 BoundShots before running out of WP, which Demi can theoretically outheal), Demi -does- have a shot, but the odds honestly feel kinda stacked against her, especially when the crit odds on BoundShot are so high.
Mesarthim (SaGa Frontier) vs Lawfer (Valkyrie Profile) - Lawfer even -can- block Petrify, but he just can't deal with HideRune at all. Mes can even afford to open with VitalityRune (unlike what happened with Cthulhu) to shut this down entirely.

Mystic Knight (Final Fantasy V) vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III) - Due to Mystic Knight's own evade, even Lilly's 3HKO might come to question depending on her luck, and, as NEB said, she only needs one hit to land once Break Sword's up.
Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs The King of Awesome (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - Fear just isn't enough. I doubt Bowser even 2HKOs post-Fear due to Last Stand anyway.
Brad Evans (Wild ARMs 2) vs Bronzong (Pokémon) - Sleep, Confuse Ray, Steel typing, you name it.
Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4) vs Anastasia Romanov (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - This is just about as bad as Miriel vs. Ana, Euthanasia has 100% odds of completely crippling Yosuke here. Tentarafoo's his only chance and that's what, turn four? Not really panning out, especially when he needs at least four turns (likely more due to Auto-Taru running out!) to put down Ana after it connects and P4 confuse only lasts three turns.

Emma Hetfield (Wild ARMs Alter Code F) vs Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series) - EDIT: Emma actually gets 5-4'd by average, which gives her a degree of maneuvering. On the other hand, I really doubt Emma can do much of anything still when she gets 2HKOed by both Elthunder and forged Fire: she can't stave off a 3HKO ever, so at best she enters a Reset lock which inevitably ends in Emma eating a crit and dying after about half an hour of Tim Curry pelvic thrusts. Healing might be an option, but it honestly isn't very useful - it's only 61% of Emma's HP, which barely outdoes a single Ilyana swipe. Anti-Magic Zone could be an option, but that ALSO hurts the healing because it runs off MAG! Back to square one. So yeah, this is pretty amazing (and I really hope FE10 Ilyana isn't actually -worse- than FE9).
Irenes (Chrono Cross) vs Krin (Suikoden) - Krin actually 3HKOs Irenes on average (he 4HKOs average pretty solidly and the mermaid's actually sorta frail, 0.89 pdur whereabouts) and 3-2s. She even -should- 2HKO him, but needs techs to do it and recharge times likely say she doesn't avoid the 3-2 even post-Flu, whatever respect you give it.
Mist (Fire Emblem Series) vs Draggy (Chrono Cross) - Even though Draggy damage sucks and his techs are MAGICAL, I have to think Mist9 doesn't complete the three-rounding in time (she 6HKOs him, and I'm already assuming she gets counters in a tossed bone to her). Her mdur isn't -that- good and her pdur is just way too awful.
Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) vs Archer (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Yeah, I think I'll go with the flow here. Don't think Aegis deserves any respect against Eliminate Scanner, and charging prostrats not only null any evasion argument Archer may have, but butcher his durability if he lets Melody get cracks at him while loading up damage. And I -also- see poison blocking hurting that damage anyway.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 06:35:29 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 03:38:56 AM »
Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star) - Ghaleon 4HKOs or so (can hit whichever defense Katrina isn't buffing), Katrina ~8HKOs.  Does Katrina get twice as many turns?  Sure.  Ghaleon can slow this down a bit with Chaos Shield but I doubt it's worth his time.  Ghaleon's moderately close to 3HKOing which would make this closer, but eh.

Heavy

Middle

Mystic Knight (Final Fantasy V) vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III) - Sure I guess I'll see FF5 Petrify as closer to S3 ID.

Light

Emma Hetfield (Wild ARMs Alter Code F) vs Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series) - Go Ilyana, as noted before FE9 Ilyana, despite being awful in many ways, has her sole virtue of having super-high Resistance, and she probably doubles the sluggish Emma anyway.
Irenes (Chrono Cross) vs Krin (Suikoden) - Don't see TB characters getting a double as fast as Krin needs it to happen.
Mist (Fire Emblem Series) vs Draggy (Chrono Cross) - Counterattacks.
Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) vs Archer (Final Fantasy Tactics) - I'm not sold on Aegis Shield hype, but not sure it matters.  Seems like they both 4HKO each other, Archer skips charge and goes first on the fourth turn.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 04:55:11 AM »
Godlike

Jenna Angel (Digital Devil Saga) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4)- Well, if this is close to others, falling on Belial's side due to low Jenna respect

Heavy

Middle

Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs The King of Awesome (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)

Light

Emma Hetfield (Wild ARMs Alter Code F) vs Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series)- So I take FE 10 status resistance as average RES and evade (which, yeah, given that most status you see is checking evasion in FE generally, this makes sense), so Emma is hitting one of these on turn 1 on average: Sleep (nasty), Confuse (nasty for Ilyana) or React to 0 (Granted, under some views this may not do anything. I would probably at least see Emma's 2nd turn come before Ilyana's, meaning if the good stuff didn't land turn 1...it probably will turn 2).

Not that I take this view, but on doubling, Ilyana is already a mighty 3 below average AS. Emma is slow, but giant SDs in WA:ACF temper that somewhat. Hard to imagine that barely above 1 SD below average would be -7 AS from average.

(That said, Anti Magic Zone I believe cuts magic damage by 40%. It shouldn't do anything to healing. So that's another tact for Emma to try and win in conjunction with RoV)

Mist (Fire Emblem Series) vs Draggy (Chrono Cross)- No counters makes this not a match
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 05:05:46 AM »
Emma Hetfield (Wild ARMs Alter Code F) vs Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series) - Go Ilyana, as noted before FE9 Ilyana, despite being awful in many ways, has her sole virtue of having super-high Resistance, and she probably doubles the sluggish Emma anyway.

FE9 Ilyana is doubled by average. Emma would have to be really, *really* slow to be doubled by that.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 06:00:51 AM »
I definitely think Ilyana wants her FE9 form here anyway, although I guess there are interps that make her want her FE10 form.

super, Emma is 79 Reaction to a 283 average in the stat topic, that *is* catastrophically bad although varying TB speed based interps might save her, sure.  Also FE9 Ilyana is only barely doubled by the average in the equal XP topic (19.1 to 22.8), and I'd personally see the speed average as slightly lower than that anyway.  So...  yeah, I can see Ilyana not doubling, but even if she doesn't, it is shockingly close, Emma speed real bad.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 12:43:59 PM »
Emma and Ilyana are effectively within the same speed range as soon as you eke out of literal TB number interps, since ACF's standard deviation is -monstrous- (Jane wrecks the curve something fierce, then Emma and Rudy help weigh it down some, but it still lands in a number that's over -half- the average itself). If Ilyana had any chance in hell of doubling, this match wouldn't even be in question, Emma would just get one-rounded.

MalcolmMasher

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2014, 04:07:28 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Demi (Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millenium) vs Emelia(SaGa Frontier) - If normal + critical BoundShot is a KO, then TrickShot + critical BoundShot is a KO, and at only 2 WP TrickShot can outlast Recover. I do not see how Demi's going to get the three Phononmenzers she needs to win without allowing Emelia at least two 55% rolls for a lethal BoundShot.

Middle

Brad Evans (Wild ARMs 2) vs Bronzong (Pokémon) - All of Bronzong's status trickery cannot prevent Brad from hitting Condition Green and throwing out a Boost Railgun. However, Bronzong takes half damage from generic physicals before considering its above-average bulk (and potential access to Iron Defense) so one is not enough.

Light

Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) vs Archer (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Looks like Archer requires too many judgment calls (and/or coinflips) in his favor.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 04:26:33 AM by MalcolmMasher »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2014, 04:46:04 AM »
Good call about TrickShot, that decides my vote.

Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) vs Archer (Final Fantasy Tactics) - I'm not sold on Aegis Shield hype, but not sure it matters.  Seems like they both 4HKO each other, Archer skips charge and goes first on the fourth turn.

This doesn't seem like it'd work to me? Archer needs to be going after Melody in order to get Charges off in the first place, as otherwise Melody will just move out of the way while Archer charges (every enemy does this in-game, and anyway WA3 characters clearly move around, so hyping Melody as immobile here doesn't make much sense). So Melody's going first unless Archer wants its damage to really suck (uncharged archer damage will get badly chewed into by the barrier). I mean I guess there's a slim chance that SPEED SAVE could cause Archer to lap at the perfect time but given its randomness that seems like a bad idea.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2014, 09:47:44 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2014, 05:54:25 PM »
Godlike

Jenna Angel (Digital Devil Saga) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4): Formchain.
Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II): Aeons. I guess Fire res and Protect would help.

Heavy

Mesarthim (SaGa Frontier) vs Lawfer (Valkyrie Profile): Could Lawfer PWS by himself with some storebought purchase accessory? Thought that was the case.

Middle

Light

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2014, 05:45:16 PM »
Quote from: Pyro
Mesarthim (SaGa Frontier) vs Lawfer (Valkyrie Profile): Could Lawfer PWS by himself with some storebought purchase accessory? Thought that was the case.

I'm actually pretty sure he ALMOST could, but no dice.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2014, 06:06:18 PM »
Yeah he's 6 off from being able to do that.  If he actually could pull that off, it'd be a bit... well, you know.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2014, 07:33:13 AM »
Godlike

Jenna Angel (Digital Devil Saga)- ii vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4)- iiii
Yuna (Final Fantasy X)- iiiiiiiii vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II)
Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF)- iiiii vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star)- i
Rika (Phantasy Star IV)- iiiiiiiii vs Ted (Suikoden IV)

Heavy

Phyress (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) vs Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF)- iiiiiii
Gilgamesh (Final Fantasy V) vs Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)- iiiiiii
Demi (Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millenium)- ii vs Emelia(SaGa Frontier)- iiiii
Mesarthim (SaGa Frontier)- iiiiiii vs Lawfer (Valkyrie Profile)

Middle

Mystic Knight (Final Fantasy V)- iiiiiiiiii vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III)
Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)- iiiiiiii vs The King of Awesome (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Brad Evans (Wild ARMs 2)- i vs Brozong (Pokémon)- iiiii
Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4) vs Anastasia Romanov (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)- iiiiiiii

Light

Emma Hetfield (Wild ARMs Alter Code F)- ii vs Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series)- iii
Irenes (Chrono Cross)- iiiii vs Krin (Suikoden)- iii
Mist (Fire Emblem Series)- i vs Draggy (Chrono Cross)- iiiiiii
Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3)- iiiiiii vs Archer (Final Fantasy Tactics)- iiii