Author Topic: RPGDL 2014 Season 3, Week 4  (Read 1251 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
RPGDL 2014 Season 3, Week 4
« on: November 03, 2014, 05:58:51 AM »
Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series) vs Dragon Emperor (Seiken Densetsu 3)

Heavy

Kary (Final Fantasy) vs Chocobo Eater (Final Fantasy X)
Fogel (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII)

Middle

Dekar (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Roxis Rosenkrantz (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis)
Aigis (Persona 3) vs Silmeria (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)

Light

Algus Sadalfas (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission)
Garcia (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Piccolo (Suikoden III)

Please suggest games for Data Mining
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: RPGDL 2014 Season 3, Week 4
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 07:02:01 AM »
Godlike
Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - Yikes.
Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series) vs Dragon Emperor (Seiken Densetsu 3) - Sure.

Heavy
Kary (Final Fantasy) vs Chocobo Eater (Final Fantasy X) - Fire, it's a good place to start.  Actually being able to expidite the process with 2HKO physicals after knocking him down and being physically durable herself?  Yeah this seems fairly clean even going by DoS.

Middle
Dekar (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Roxis Rosenkrantz (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) - Yeah I have to think starting IP (half, anyways) gives this to Dekar.

Light
Garcia (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Piccolo (Suikoden III) - Unless there's some interp out there that drops Piccolo to below 0.51ish pdur that I can be sold on, :garcia: applies in full here.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 04:59:39 AM by Random Consonant »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 11:06:29 AM »
Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - NEB's actually right. Lady can do a whole hell of a lot of damage, and I see Reicher actually at raw 1.8x PC HP.
Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series) vs Dragon Emperor (Seiken Densetsu 3) - EDIT: Prisoner. Yuri's so toast.

Kary (Final Fantasy) vs Chocobo Eater (Final Fantasy X) - Not really. I suppose when Kary knocks Chocobo Eater down, she can actually make leeway with her high 2HKO physicals, and she should manage to knock Chocobo Eater down every couple Fire 2s. Helps that Chocobo Eater hits the wrong defensive stat against Kary.
Fogel (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) - Pain. Pain. Pain.

Dekar (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Roxis Rosenkrantz (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) - Here, Roxis wants to game a little with recharge shenanigans. Opening with Moon Drive instead of Chrona Drive, he gets a 2x recharge for his next turn in trade for a considerable amount of first-turn damage, which should allow him a 3-2 on Dekar at least and make up for the damage loss afterwards. The damage loss early also works to his benefit, since it keeps Dekar from building up to a fatal IP. I -think- Roxis doesn't kill with a single Chrona Drive => Trick Edge, so a 3-2 is absolutely necessary in such a case, but this method should work without requiring a Quick proc. If a Chrona Drive => Trick Edge manage it, though, this becomes obscenely simple. Roxis is very good at managing limit games in Middle.
Aigis (Persona 3) vs Silmeria Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) - EDIT: Okay, this mostly ends out in a degree of spoiling. Aigis 2HKOs with Orgia Mode physicals (Silmeria durability kinda below average) and, given the fact arrows and guns are classed as piercing damage in P3, this already stops a fair deal of Silmeria's damage even if you see the elemental parts of the damage going through (I'm pretty sure I do). It also stops Stony Decree and Target Throat shenanigans (since P3 elemental immunity also stops attached status from proccing), which puts the ball clearly in Aigis' court. -If- you see Aigis going first, the piercing immunity likely isn't necessary either, since Silmeria doesn't 2HKO Aigis (she misses the 2HKO with Blue Gale as is due to Aigis' second-best HP score. With Crescent Moon, she loses ITD/ITE properties, which is a serious problem against Orgia Mode's monstrous evade/pdur boost, and it also provides status immunity to boot). Silmeria wishes she got just -one- of Rufus' thunder-elemental skills for this fight.

Algus Sadalfas (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission) - Yeah no.
Garcia (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Piccolo (Suikoden III) - Doubled Furious Blow, this is pretty ugly.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 06:52:39 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 04:34:55 PM »
Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)

Heavy

Fogel (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII)

Middle

Dekar (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Roxis Rosenkrantz (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis)

Light

Algus Sadalfas (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission)

The Last Story is a game I didn't see on your list and kinda surprised me.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 08:32:16 PM »
Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- Later

Heavy

Kary (Final Fantasy) vs Chocobo Eater (Final Fantasy X)- Unless Kary's physicals were piercing esque? DoS certainly doesn't help

Middle

Dekar (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Roxis Rosenkrantz (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis)- Later

Light

Garcia (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Piccolo (Suikoden III)- DIAT

Data Mine:
Child of Light!
...into the nightfall.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 01:19:57 AM »

Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World): This isn't based on numbers, but Reicher seems more set up for a long slugfest. Lady is better at just KOing right off the bat.
Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series) vs Dragon Emperor (Seiken Densetsu 3): Damage/Status?

Heavy

Kary (Final Fantasy) vs Chocobo Eater (Final Fantasy X): Fire.
Fogel (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII): Status.

Middle

Dekar (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals)
vs Roxis Rosenkrantz (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis): 50% starting IP should let him pull this off.
Aigis (Persona 3) vs Silmeria (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria): Pierce resistance negates the status? Ouch. Tough break.

Light

Please suggest games for Data Mining
Child of Light
The Last Story

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 01:20:43 AM »
Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)

Heavy

Kary (Final Fantasy) vs Chocobo Eater (Final Fantasy X)- Nooooo idea.
Fogel (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII)- Think the status defense is enough. Fogel's got pretty good innate status defense/magic evasion, which gives Fang's multi acting/low % status problems.

Middle

Dekar (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Roxis Rosenkrantz (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis)- I don't think Roxis can avoid Dekar from healing turn 1 and getting a smashy limit on turn 2. Definitely open to arguemnts on this.

Light

Algus Sadalfas (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission)- Algus is about to be beaten by the dregs of Giga city.
Garcia (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Piccolo (Suikoden III)- Die in a thunderstorm? (To Dhyer)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 01:56:57 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 07:43:44 AM »
Datamine: Jeanne'd Arc I suppose?  Not the most inspiring SRPG ever, but it seems to have a few players at least other than Pyro/Dhyer/CK.

Child of Light already got datamined I believe, although who knows, maybe there are some people who played it but weren't recorded there.  (or more likely, foolish people who didn't play it but should.  Go play it!)

Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series) vs Dragon Emperor (Seiken Densetsu 3) - Moogle fusion not very good it turns out.

Heavy

Kary (Final Fantasy) vs Chocobo Eater (Final Fantasy X) - Fire magic lockdown pushes Chocobo Eater over the edge into the lava pit below, dramatically.
Fogel (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) - Pain.

Alas.  (Piccolo is close enough to average speed I'd see FE range tiebreaks coming in, but Garcia is not a Paladin, and it may not even matter anyway, so.)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 04:49:42 AM »
Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World): Very close. Whoever goes first wins? Lady can't survive two Reicher turns (Remote Blade then Lightsword Swing), but Reicher can't survive two of hers either (against his defences, Crimson Raid x2 + Calamity Gaze + D-Combo + final Malice Dirge does ~2.2 PCHP, which is more than he has). And I'm not really certain there. Leaning Lady though? OK's notes do have her as faster than Slim Hilda.
Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series) vs Dragon Emperor (Seiken Densetsu 3): I'm sure there's a potentially interesting fight here as Yuri's stat buffs against Dragon Emperor's stat downs, but sadly Yuri can't use said stat buffs as a moogle.

Heavy

Kary (Final Fantasy) vs Chocobo Eater (Final Fantasy X): This is very close (at least for NES voters) and I'm not sure people appreciate this? Fire is hardly an instant win here since Kary's fire damage sucks. She can do... 9% to Chocobo Eater with that, and once she knocks him down she can do 19%. But trading this for two Chocobo Eater attacks may get her killed... by my calculations CE kills in either 6-7 attacks, and gets six before three knockdown-knockback combos... and in fact gets in a doubleturn there as well so yeah, he gets 7 for sure. Buuut Kary can do better, she can knock him down with two Fire 2's and then wait for him to get up, using either Dark (which is turn 2) or just absorbing his doubleturn there, and forcing him to waste a turn getting up helps those trades down the line. She still needs to give him six attacks, but she'll have blinded him for the last two, so I think she just barely scrapes this one out.

Middle

Dekar (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Roxis Rosenkrantz (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis): Roxis can do >1.4 with a full Chrona Drive + a second turn, and he should get all of that before Dekar's second turn. Dekar will have little to no IP for his first, the way Chrona Drive works.

Light

Algus Sadalfas (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission): Cinnamon is 1.17 PCHP in hyper mode, and her game-best armour probably pushes that high enough that Algus misses the 3HKO. From there, she's faster and 4HKOs.
Garcia (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Piccolo (Suikoden III): Furious Blow can't double but it doesn't matter, it also can't trigger counters so Piccolo just has to survive one Garcia turn. He's not thaat far from being OHKOed but yeah he should be fine.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 11:02:21 AM »
Godlike

Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series) vs Dragon Emperor (Seiken Densetsu 3) - Yuri is forced into Moogle fusion.  Dragon Emperor destroys him after that.

Middle

Aigis (Persona 3) vs Silmeria (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) - Yeah, pretty willing to say that Aigis blocks a lot of Silmeria's stuff via her Piercing Immunity, and heals what she can't.

Light

Garcia (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Piccolo (Suikoden III) Super's hero loses.  actually, looks like both of them lose.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 12:16:18 AM »
Kary (Final Fantasy) vs Chocobo Eater (Final Fantasy X): This is very close (at least for NES voters) and I'm not sure people appreciate this? Fire is hardly an instant win here since Kary's fire damage sucks. She can do... 9% to Chocobo Eater with that, and once she knocks him down she can do 19%. But trading this for two Chocobo Eater attacks may get her killed... by my calculations CE kills in either 6-7 attacks, and gets six before three knockdown-knockback combos... and in fact gets in a doubleturn there as well so yeah, he gets 7 for sure. Buuut Kary can do better, she can knock him down with two Fire 2's and then wait for him to get up, using either Dark (which is turn 2) or just absorbing his doubleturn there, and forcing him to waste a turn getting up helps those trades down the line. She still needs to give him six attacks, but she'll have blinded him for the last two, so I think she just barely scrapes this one out.

And honestly, if it's close for you, it should be notably closer for everyone else (since you scale against 3.75 PCs, to most Kary's durability should be 6.75% lower and Chocobo Eater's should be like 20% higher to an average view).
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 12:25:55 AM »
Well if by "most" you mean like you and Snowfire and Pyro then sure.

EDIT: That may have came across passive-aggressive, which was not the intention. But yeah, the "scale boss HP in direct inverse proportion to PCs faced" is not in fact a majority view, hence Mullen's fate in DL matches.

EDIT squared: Also just for the record, my view puts bosses as if they faced 3.5 PCs by yours. IIRC both Random and Snow use 4. Other people do different things of course.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 12:35:20 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 12:35:08 AM »
Sorry, but I'm relatively sure that most people scale bosses (at least scale bosses that face full parties) against the number of PCs they face. I use words like "typical views" when I talk about the views that I myself recognize as non-standard, but I'm pretty sure that one is still standard.
...into the nightfall.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2014, 01:45:07 AM »
Godlike

Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series) vs Dragon Emperor (Seiken Densetsu 3)- No vote

Heavy

Kary (Final Fantasy) vs Chocobo Eater (Final Fantasy X)- I meanwhile just vote on DoS >.>
Fogel (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII)- No vote.

Middle

Light

I do have Child of Light on the listing already: Child of Light (9/20) djinn, snow, random, elfboy, CK, pyro, ciatos, dhyer, snowfire 
Obviously that may not be wholly up to date (I just try to catch mentions of games in chat as I can and hope people tell me outright during voting time otherwise).

SMT: Devil Survivor
SMT: Devil Survivor 2

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2014, 07:30:22 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Going over the list I couldn't think of anything that needed data mining but I did notice that I need to be added to the people that've played FF5.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 07:18:23 AM »
Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- iii vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- iiii
Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series) vs Dragon Emperor (Seiken Densetsu 3)- iiiiiii

Heavy

Kary (Final Fantasy)- iiiiii vs Chocobo Eater (Final Fantasy X)- iii
Fogel (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen)- i vs Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII)- iiii

Middle

Dekar (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals)- iii vs Roxis Rosenkrantz (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis)- iiiii
Aigis (Persona 3)- iiiii vs Silmeria (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)

Light

Algus Sadalfas (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission)- iiiiii
Garcia (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Piccolo (Suikoden III)- iiiiiiiiii