Register

Author Topic: Twink League 2014 Playoffs Week 2  (Read 1116 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Twink League 2014 Playoffs Week 2
« on: January 07, 2015, 08:02:21 AM »
Ramza Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII)
Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Lenna Charlotte Tycoon (Final Fantasy V)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
Re: Twink League 2014 Playoffs Week 2
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 03:47:33 AM »
Ramza Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII) - Ninja setup (120% speed), set Bracer for 80% PCHP damage physical. Open with Math Skill Innocent. Yuffie's 90% pdur to 108% with HP Plus minus all the summon she's wearing. Set Concentrate, chip with an appropriate Throw, physical for kill. (FYI L1 limit is 66.4% damage, scaled as you see fit, but Ramza needs to chip about 28% PCHP for the physical to be lethal. This means no L1 with half gauge.)

Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Lenna Charlotte Tycoon (Final Fantasy V) - Unless there's something I'm missing.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 03:55:12 AM »
Ramza Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII) - Ninja setup (120% speed), set Bracer for 80% PCHP damage physical. Open with Math Skill Innocent. Yuffie's 90% pdur to 108% with HP Plus minus all the summon she's wearing. Set Concentrate, chip with an appropriate Throw, physical for kill. (FYI L1 limit is 66.4% damage, scaled as you see fit, but Ramza needs to chip about 28% PCHP for the physical to be lethal. This means no L1 with half gauge.)

Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Lenna Charlotte Tycoon (Final Fantasy V) - Unless there's something I'm missing.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 10:54:21 AM »
Ramza Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII) - Laggy's idea's pretty much surefire and I think that's not even the only way Dorothy can win this fight. Way too many options running rampant here.
Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Lenna Charlotte Tycoon (Final Fantasy V) - If someone can come up with a Squall setup that lets him deal with all the dumb bullcrap Lenna can pull off at once that doesn't involve scaling him as dealing nearly 9x average damage with his basic physical, I'm all ears.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 08:13:20 AM »
Ramza Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII)
Ramza's allowed to change classes?  Oh well, going with the belief he has other ways of winning.  One of the methods that amuses me the most is intentionally triggering Bahamut Zero counters while Innocent is active to deplete Yuffie's MP.  He likes how Doubt Faith ignores magic evasion too.

Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Lenna Charlotte Tycoon (Final Fantasy V)
I could make an argument for Squall beating Lenna if she is denied a Ribbon.  I'd prefer to root for Lenna since her character is more likable than Squall's antisocial tendencies.  Since there's room for interpretation, favoring who I like more works as a tiebreaker.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 07:23:48 PM »
Ramza Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII) - I'd actually be inclined to think that *only* Laggy's strat works due to Mystile hax, but Doubt Faith apparently ignoring MEvade means that the strat mentioned from chat will indeed do its dirty work.  Impressive that Ramza even dodges the half-full limit too (if it matters).

Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Lenna Charlotte Tycoon (Final Fantasy V) - Yeah I got nothin'.  Checking, the FF8 DL-legal killpoint is a puny 1600 or so, so hell, even un Mag-junctioned Meteor is probably a OHKO to that average, so yeah, I dunno how to scale Squall 'fairly', but even reining him in I think I'm fine with letting him have a OHKO of some flavor.  (Scaled against something harsher like everyone using Meteor and he isn't getting the OHKO of course.)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 12:37:38 AM »

Ramza Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII): I agree with Snowfire that I don't see Ramza winning this without class-changing... otherwise Yuffie goes first and likely obliterates him. I'm... actually not sure Doubt Faithing Yuffie as a ninja is turn 1, although at worst he can get himself... but I guess that does leave Yuffie with the ability to heal until the status wears off? Ramza can also status her with Spell Edges, although that will give her one decent limit... hmm.
Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Lenna Charlotte Tycoon (Final Fantasy V): Squall can certainly win this if you see him OHKOing (or instant doubling) but I'm not inclined to make that call.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 03:09:53 AM »
What does Squall need to OHKO Lenna?
I guess if he wants to go first he'd need to junction Speed or have Initiative? That's a pretty high bar that only 3 GFs have, Pandemona, Cerberus, and Eden.

What would Squall KO with? Cerberus has HP/Str/Spd/Spr? But no Str bonuses, he is better off with Pandemona...

Pandemona has HP/Str/Spd and Str+20% and Str+40%. I guess thats what he wants to go for if he wants an OHKOing physical. So can Squall get an OHKO-level physical with this setup?

I guess a twinked Meteor could do something but no GFs that boost Magic also boost speed.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 06:39:47 PM »
It is totally up to you.  If you scale against unjunctioned, then Squall has much *better* than a OHKO surely - I was originally inclined to scale straight-up against unjunctioned given no guidance myself, but it's just totally insane.  It's been a long time but I want to say that 255 Str characters (which Pandemona will surely get Squall) should deal ~5000 damage on a non-crit and ~8000 damage on a crit to a Meltdown'd target.  Against real enemy defense this will drop of course, but the with-crit figure is not dropping to below 1633, the DL kill-point.  Meteor should be similarly crazy.

Scaled vs. party members spamming Meteor (probably the 'harsh' interp for him?) Squall won't have a OHKO though.  So figure out something that seems "fair" in the middle and run with it, basically.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 01:07:35 AM »
Given that it is a twink setup, I would assume Squall set up for offense would do quite well at it, but I think his best offense setup involves Aura->Overkill. Or Triple -> Meteor or the like. Lenna is a lot more frontloaded, and even at his twinkiest he can't stop her from just Gravity->KO if she gets a turn. So I guess TIME MAGIC HAX takes it.

Unless you'd let Squall Junction to HP right before the match, putting his Max HP in the limit threshold by default. This + Initiative could do some real nastiness...

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 03:01:03 AM »
There's an idea for a simpler FFVIII twink, Zell optimized for Armageddon Fist.  But for myself I'd definitely take that as a twink build in itself, not something Vice President Squall can do as nommed.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.