Author Topic: Futurama 2015 Mk.1 Week 4  (Read 879 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2015 Mk.1 Week 4
« on: February 15, 2015, 10:54:18 PM »
Godlike

Piercer of Boundaries (Bravely Default) vs Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)
Heat (Digital Devil Saga 2) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier)

Heavy

Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Ness (Earthbound)
Ceodore Harvey (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Sumia (Fire Emblem: Awakening)

Middle

Jiro (Blue Dragon) vs Sharon (Suikoden III)
Descendant of Heroes (Dragon Quest) vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)

Light

Jeanne (Jeanne D'Arc) vs Vivian (Eternal Poison)
Red Mage (Bravely Default) vs Aegil (Rondo of Swords)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2015 Mk.1 Week 4
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 10:57:58 PM »
Heavy

Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Ness (Earthbound) - Mute

Light

Red Mage (Bravely Default) vs Aegil (Rondo of Swords) - It takes a pretty damn bad healer to lose to Aegil, and she can't even break RM's.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 11:53:51 PM by Random Consonant »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 11:58:04 PM »
Hero (Dragon Quest) vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Hero's status has lol hitrate, damage answered by Nos counters.

FWIW, Aegil does have 20% HP regen in her skillset and lots of free status cleansing, so this is probably an infinite match (even 4x Brave -> 4x Brave w/ In The Red is probably not fatal because dear god RM damage).  Of course RM still wins if you use a damage-done tiebreak since Aegil runs out of damage and RM doesn't run out of sword thwacks.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 04:08:27 AM »
Godlike

Heat (Digital Devil Saga 2) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier): T2 can... almost one-round with DestrictionBeam -> Magnify off the resulting press turn, but falls about 2% short. So... V-MAX instead. A 4-3 will happen, so on her third and fourth turns, StarlightShower to annihilate the tentacles, followed by Cosmic Rave x2 (oh god, lightning overkill to Heat) for 161% of his HP. Heat certainly can't kill her before then especially since he'll need to spend two his four main body's turns reviving the tentacles. He can get in at most two stat downs, and I can't think those will make the difference.

Heavy

Ceodore Harvey (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Sumia (Fire Emblem: Awakening): Even with Blink, there's nothing Ceodore can do to stop a 2/4 of a counter and a followup turn, unless he... like, only attacks on triples or something? I really doubt those will come fast enough.

Middle

Jiro (Blue Dragon) vs Sharon (Suikoden III): EDIT: Whoops, forgot Previve somehow. Yeah, Jiro should manage this. I'm not sure about allowing his initial auto-revive, but I'm also not sure about allowing Funeral Wind, and I figure those two balance out since Sharon very much needs both calls in her favour here.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 04:16:52 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 01:31:41 AM »
Heat (Digital Devil Saga 2) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier) - Dear lord, so much lightning.

Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Ness (Earthbound) - Mute completely wrecks Ness.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 02:34:36 AM »

Godlike

Piercer of Boundaries (Bravely Default) vs Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)-
Heavy

Ceodore Harvey (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Sumia (Fire Emblem: Awakening)

Middle

Descendant of Heroes (Dragon Quest) vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 04:08:02 AM »
Godlike

Piercer of Boundaries (Bravely Default) vs Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia): I don't think Yuri, even with the 50% damage boost for hitting her weakness, can OHKO her (there is also the HP loop thing). He can do a LOT, but only so much. That said, he may have options with Overlimit (OL4, for example) that would make this uglier.
Heat (Digital Devil Saga 2) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier)

Heavy

Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Ness (Earthbound): Status.

Middle

Jiro (Blue Dragon) vs Sharon (Suikoden III):
Sharon's problem is that I don't think she KOs even with one Sleep-prone physical and one regular physical. This is a problem because Jiro has to be killed twice before he gets a single turn and the odds aren't too good about that. If she tries for SLeep->Funeral Winds it doesn't work out in her favor. If she tries for two sleeps in a row one of them will probably miss. The second Jiro gets a turn he sets up Previve and Sharon has to get lucky enough to eat through multiple lifebars (or even luckier if she did manage to stop him from getting a turn on one lifebar, which isn't likely). She only has 7 shots of the Sleep and it isn't THAT accurate. I don't think she can do this before he Corporeals her.

Descendant of Heroes (Dragon Quest) vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Mocks status, Nosferatu to the rescue I guess.

Light

Jeanne (Jeanne D'Arc) vs Vivian (Eternal Poison): Confuse and Sleep. Also Fracture does a number.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:50:55 PM by Pyro »

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 09:10:15 AM »
Heavy

Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Ness (Earthbound) - The only way Ness has a real chance here is if you see Peach's Mute as similar to the Can't Concentrate status inflicted by Jeff's Counter-PSI Unit.

Now, here's the specifics on the Counter-PSI Unit: it inflicts Can't Concentrate, which is essentially the same as Mute here.  It also fails on a (Target's Luck/40)% chance.  From what I can test and understand so far, Enemy Can't Concentrate is no different from the Counter-PSI Unit - Every PC's Luck is over 40 after gear is taken into consideration, making them effectively immune.

This was tested on the Hyper Spinning Robo and Evil Elemental, the latest enemies I could get to that had an ability that made PCs unable to Concentrate.

Out of 8 or 9 attempts, not one worked.

However, this wasn't satisfactory...  So I lowered everyone's (except Poo) stats to 1 (I lowered Poo's luck to 10 - the only stat of his I touched) and got into another battle with enemies that throw around Silence.

Whenever the enemy used it, the only times it ever failed was when a character was already unable to concentrate (which is an auto-fail - it doesn't stack or refresh the duration or anything) or against Poo (and even then failure was uncommon).

So, thanks to EB Mechanics (and dependent on views), the chosen four are effectively immune to Silence by endgame due to sheer stats.  DL averages could just make it so they're more resistant to Silence from other games or something, who knows?  I'm not sure how I feel about this yet.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 09:07:08 PM »
Godlike
Piercer of Boundaries (Bravely Default) vs Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)- So this is the penultimate boss then?

Light
Jeanne (Jeanne D'Arc) vs Vivian (Eternal Poison)- I think. Confuse at the right time messes up transformations.
...into the nightfall.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 10:01:01 PM »
The Evil One, Piercer of Boundaries, Airy the Fairy, yes.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 08:08:05 AM »
Godlike

Piercer of Boundaries (Bravely Default)- i vs Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)- i (CK vote)
Heat (Digital Devil Saga 2) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier)- ii

Heavy

Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- iii vs Ness (Earthbound)
Ceodore Harvey (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)- i vs Sumia (Fire Emblem: Awakening)- i (CK vote: I don't recall Ceodore accuracy being special?  Sumia only really needs on dodge to tip this)

Middle

Jiro (Blue Dragon)- ii vs Sharon (Suikoden III)
Descendant of Heroes (Dragon Quest)- i vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- ii

Light

Jeanne (Jeanne D'Arc) vs Vivian (Eternal Poison)- ii
Red Mage (Bravely Default)- ii vs Aegil (Rondo of Swords)