Author Topic: The Royal Canadian Rando Tourney Round 7 - Final Pairs Event!  (Read 625 times)

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
Pairs Event 12: Tag-Team Battle

It's time for a throw down.  As usual, these two teams are gonna duke it out, but only one of them can be in the ring at a time.  However, when that fighter is on the ropes, if they can get to their corner and tag in their helper for a quick double teaming and then jumping back to the sidelines to rest.  Think of it as a two man MxC match.

And much like MxC, the balance in this thing is all kinds of wonky.  We've got our best and our worst fighters on the same team.  Mohandas Ghandi may be an immortal nuclear tyrant, but he's also an old and frail immortal tyrant.  And Civ Nukes are not point blank weapons.  On the other hand, he's teaming with Zeus, so he may as well hunker down with some popcorn.  If his opponents can get through Zeus to get at him, then he's already lost.

Against this, we have the Fist of God, Michael Carpender and the Terror That Flaps in the Night, Darkwing Duck.  Darkwing Duck, while resourceful and plucky, isn't really the sort to take on the divine.  While Michael Carpender actually lives in a universe where Zeus exists.  Of course, while he's top notch in a fight, there's a question of whether or not his Knight of the Sword powers would kick in against a target that might not actually ping as evil.  And, whether or not, even if they did, he could face off against a target in Zeus' league. 

{Zeus, Mohandas Ghandi} vs. {Darkwing Duck, Michael Carpender}

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Royal Canadian Rando Tourney Round 7 - Final Pairs Event!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 04:57:04 PM »
Carpenter, Excal.  aka a reference to the humble profession of Joseph/Jesus, pretty easy to remember.

Also his Knight of the Sword thing would surely kick in due to fighting Gandhi so there's that at least.

{Zeus, Mohandas Gandhi} vs. {Darkwing Duck, Michael Carpenter}
Don't MxC fighters get a better X-Factor power-up when they're alone or something?  If so, that would unfortunately lead to Zeus winning again: trot Gandhi out first, let him lose (I doubt his assist would be super-helpful anyway), then smash in with X-Factor Zeus.

I don't think the other team is TOTALLY outmatched, fighting unholy nuclear lightning demons is sort of what Carpenter does and Darkwing Duck seems like he'd have very useful assist juggling for BS stunlocks and mobility, just Zeus is probably both a badass wrestler to start out and would have Dark Phoenix level lightning bolt spam nonsense when he X-Factors.  It's certainly an uphill fight, though will await arguments.

EDIT: If the Dresden Files fans are voting this way, sure.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 01:10:35 AM by SnowFire »

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 01:38:10 AM »
Zeus is a dirty, rotten cheater who would give himself unlimited super meter and hyper armor (no hitstun) on top of his overpowered lightning spam.  He also comes off as being able to infinite the first fighter then chain a guardbreak into another infinite.  That said, he is powerless should Hera come to drag him off by his ear back to Olympus.

Abstain for now out of disgust.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 01:54:14 AM »
Abstain; this match entirely hinges on Zeus vs. some guy I know nothing about and I'd feel bad about voting on that. Gandhi adds nothing and Darkwing Duck is also completely outclassed.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 09:46:13 AM »

Eh, this is really Zeus vs. Michael, and while he is a badass fighter, I've never gotten the impression he's a God Tier fighter.  I mean, heck, it's a plot point that folks in his tier do not want to scrap with Hades, who should be a good analogue to Zeus.  This feels really open and shut.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 11:35:36 AM »

Eh, this is really Zeus vs. Michael, and while he is a badass fighter, I've never gotten the impression he's a God Tier fighter.  I mean, heck, it's a plot point that folks in his tier do not want to scrap with Hades, who should be a good analogue to Zeus.  This feels really open and shut.

Inclined to agree. Latest Dresden book addresses this and it feels like Zeus is stronger.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...