Register

Author Topic: DL Twink League 2015, Week 2  (Read 909 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
DL Twink League 2015, Week 2
« on: May 19, 2015, 01:19:29 AM »
All duellers with a twink setup will be marked with a *.  Please refer to This post for their final loadouts.

Blue (SaGa Frontier) vs Tiz Arrior* (Bravely Default)
Lenna Charlotte Tycoon* (Final Fantasy V) vs Kimahri* (Final Fantasy X)
Alexia Lynn Elesius* (Wild ARMs XF) vs Gawn Brawdia (Wild ARMs 4)
Brahman (Digital Devil Saga 2) vs Yuna (Final Fantasy X)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: DL Twink League 2015, Week 2
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 04:41:58 AM »
The bad news for Lenna: Kimahri can block Stone, so he's unkillable.  And he has Evade & Counter, so no Drain Spellblade shenanigans.
However.  Lenna can cast REGEN on herself, and Old never wears off to my recollection, so we'll have a Level 1 Kimahri raging forever.  Did Mini wear off either?  Chat indicates likely not.  Now, even with Kimahri doing a measly 1 damage, a damage done tiebreak favors Kimahri (well, in the long term, Lenna will hugely win that tiebreak for the first million turns or so), but Lenna can literally drop the controller and let regen do its thing, while Kimahri needs to turbo controller up attack.  Okay, there are Overdrives, but at Old level 1 I don't think they even matter, since Doom is blocked & Bad Braeth is irrelevant.  Could be argued on this, but not inclined to respect the Kimahri tiebreak for such an infinite match.  (He at least definitively WON vs. Adamantoise, it just took ages.)  EDIT: Or Banish hype?!  Weird, but sure.
Gawn has his Finest Arts + 2.27 PCHP damage off counters.  That's a *minimum* of 2 HP Bursts, probably 3.  And that's not a skill I'm inclined to overly respect (61% chance of nailing 3 in a row), I'd use status-esque thresholds on it.  So Gawn wins without ever getting a turn.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 08:59:45 PM by SnowFire »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 05:29:15 AM »
Isn't FFX Stone pretty nasty? Kimahri has that via Overdrive (I thought that it's effectively a win).
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 05:33:08 AM »
Lenna's default set includes a Ribbon. (Though yeah, FFX stone is indeed an instant win, as is every other FF's version of the status as far as I can recall.)

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 01:31:48 PM »
Blue (SaGa Frontier) vs Tiz Arrior* (Bravely Default) - Bravely Second.
Lenna Charlotte Tycoon* (Final Fantasy V) vs Kimahri* (Final Fantasy X) - Eh, sure, I'll buy Snowfire hype.
Alexia Lynn Elesius* (Wild ARMs XF) vs Gawn Brawdia (Wild ARMs 4) - I think Alexia wins if you scale down the amount of bullets Gawn has. But I'm not inclined to make this tiebreak in a twink league setup. Needing to heal more than once with HP Burst is a recipe for failure to me.
Brahman (Digital Devil Saga 2) vs Yuna (Final Fantasy X) - Oh boy, Brahman bullshit meets Yuna bullshit, joy joy. The deal here is that the first twoforms are pretty much useless: Yuna can probably Protect and Shell on form 1 (Light is evadable, so it's going to massively suck against her), then stall until she gets an Overdrive gauge full. Hamaon and Xanadu are useless against humans to boot. On form two, pick up one of the weaker aeons, then start the meatshielding shenanigans. Problem is Brahman, starting on form 3, has actually pretty good odds of breaking through the meatshield and picking off Yuna instead, and he gets access to Eternal Zero on -two- forms... but Magus Sisters+Anima probably work there, since Brahman probably can't one-round them all at once. Once form 5 kicks in, Ixion to dispel Eternal Zero and finish off should work, I think. Still pretty dicy, though, and Brahman might be able to work it out due to Mind Charge (for all that it's only 2x damage, not 2.5x in DDS). If you disrespect HP buffering even somewhat, though, Anima Overdrive on form 2 should make very short work of Brahman. And frankly, I'm not inclined to make tiebreaks for Brahman anyway.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 06:25:42 PM »
Blue (SaGa Frontier) vs Tiz Arrior* (Bravely Default) - BS
Lenna Charlotte Tycoon* (Final Fantasy V) vs Kimahri* (Final Fantasy X) - eh sure if only to see Kimahri gone

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 10:43:58 PM »
As an additional side note for Kimahri vs. Lenna.  I've long been opposed to *only* using a damage-done tiebreak, and as far as flavor-tiebreaks go, if there's an infinite match and one character has the ability to inflict "rapidly aging" on the other...  well...   yeah, that's a solid argument for unstoppable Instant Death after 1000 turns or something.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 08:54:22 PM »
Speaking of unstoppable instant death, I just remembered that Kimahri has Doom, which FF5 has no protection against (some spells which inflict it fail against Heavy typing, though not all, but regardless Lenna can't even get that). So that would certainly win him the fight.

But speaking of statuses the other doesn't block, Lenna has a decent argument to win with Banish, I think? The Kimahri loadout does not have immunity to Eject, and Banish doesn't check ID immunity / works on targets with Ribbons (not Heavy types, but if Lenna isn't one, no reason to think Kimahri is). And Reraise does not activate after being Ejected in FFX. It's debatable if Banish would be considered Eject rather than Death here, but I think there's a decent case.

Should be a finite match regardless, though!

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 09:00:08 AM »
Blue (SaGa Frontier) vs Tiz Arrior* (Bravely Default)
Brahman (Digital Devil Saga 2) vs Yuna (Final Fantasy X)- Yeah sure.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 05:34:27 AM »
Blue (SaGa Frontier) vs Tiz Arrior* (Bravely Default)- iii
Lenna Charlotte Tycoon* (Final Fantasy V)- iiii vs Kimahri* (Final Fantasy X)
Alexia Lynn Elesius* (Wild ARMs XF) vs Gawn Brawdia (Wild ARMs 4)- iiii
Brahman (Digital Devil Saga 2) vs Yuna (Final Fantasy X)- ii