Author Topic: Shift Tournament 2: Week 3- Can anyone stop Mojo's reign of terror?  (Read 2477 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Shift Tournament 2: Week 3- Can anyone stop Mojo's reign of terror?
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2015, 11:15:00 AM »
I will say that Funeral Wind is in game garbage and doesn't really deserve judgement calls in it's favor. Even if Arc can deal with FW, running out of MP is going to be a big problem.

E: I don't think Arc has a prayer of outlasting Hugo's MP with Invinicble. If Funeral Wind isn't a factor and he blocks sleep... guh. Still think it's Hugo's match. Arc would have to give up a lot of defense to block Wind of Sleep, enough that Hugo's physical starts to be a threat to heal lock.

Repeat and throw in Invincible L1 to avoid a double if needed? Funeral Wind was really slow, so it should never come off if not under Weak enemy...

Arc's not OHKOing under WE. He doesn't even have that strong a 2HKO at base with that.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 06:05:25 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2015, 05:14:54 AM »
I really should redo the ATL 2 topic again sometime (There are a fair amount of more mechanics known (in a very murky sense), and honestly, we didn't exactly raise characters in the most natural fashion. Not to mention that my methodology since greatly improved in the almost decade since the topic was made). That said, I wouldn't say that Arc can't OHKO under Weak Enemy, because ATL 2 physicals are semi randomized in range (with like a variety of crit ranges); we had streamlined it for the topic because otherwise is was a headache to quantify otherwise. If he hit the highest level crit under Weak Enemy, he might well OHKO Hugo (whose Pdur isn't great due to lacking defense in addition to having slightly below average HP). Not enough to change my vote, but yeah, it's certainly possible.
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2015, 05:39:34 PM »
I would be surprised if he did. Arc's stats were not great on the whole and he's not getting a ton of turns to hack at Hugo. Also crits factored into damage should raise the damage average at least somewhat.

Arc has a great skillset but doesn't have any of the stats to really play with them. E: Did we use the L60 stats/carryover for AtL1 PC's?
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2015, 11:56:53 PM »
Can't say I remember at all. IIRC, you gave me the file upfront with them all set to L100 and I slogged through using an overpowered Hemo-Ji to rain massive MT death upon the field.

Crits were factored into the damage to a degree, IIRC (or...the physical damage I believe was average physical).
...into the nightfall.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2015, 01:36:08 AM »
I honestly think L100 is -entirely- reasonable for AtL2 endgame levels, the game is simply gigantic and you gain levels very fast. I had no mainline PCs below that against The Dark One.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2015, 02:09:59 AM »
Oh, we picked it because that was where I ended up too. It's not that I think levels might change, it's just that there were a lot of blurry mechanics that we couldn't easily puzzle out that there are now some notes on. I just don't remember how exactly we interfaced with ATL 1 (if I redid the topic, I wouldn't do any porting over at all likely).
...into the nightfall.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2015, 02:11:36 AM »
The higher it is the happier Arc is, as more MP for Invincible (ditto Elc/Gruga). Also makes statusy stuff better.

As far as transfer stats go, it depends on what levels you finished AtL1 at, and AtL1 was a really screwy game on that front with very uneven leveling dependent on who might die by chance in what battle. I have a list of stat changes for no-transfer-data at the bottom of the AtL2 stat topic. It would be advisable to use that.

It isn't pretty for Arc though, as he loses MP/agility. Less pretty for Choko but screw her. Screw Diekbeck while I'm at it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 02:32:51 AM by Pyro »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2015, 06:02:19 PM »
Orphan vs. Heat:

Okay. Above 40% HP Orphan has serious problems with Heat. Vile Exploitation followed by a Laser Orb will do some damage that sticks, but it's very low... 6% to Vritra at base. And Vile Exploitation only 2HKOs the hands... at base, which means Vritra will immediately stat down to make it a 3HKO. Orphan can throw debuffs in there but still unlikely that it'll take less than 3 turns of chipping to do 6% of Heat's health. Heat, meanwhile, in those three turns, does Regenerate/Inferno, then two turns of Agidyne x2/Attack x2, which removes 29% of Orphan's HP (factoring in damage halving to all but Inferno Howl). Slightly less the first turn due to throwing a turn on Makanda I guess, but yeah that's a 4HKO.

Towards the end of the fight Orphan gets Dies Irae, which is certainly MUCH better. It one-rounds the tentacles at base, so Vritra responds every turn with Inferno + Regenerate, which still manages 10%. So yeah, Vritra is helped enormously by having a damage source which is neither physical nor magical, but takes this pretty clearly.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2015, 04:50:04 PM »
Updating this tomorrow, get your votes in!
-------------------