Author Topic: Doubles Tournament Round 4  (Read 1081 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Doubles Tournament Round 4
« on: August 16, 2015, 08:07:21 PM »
Wren and Demi (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium) vs Freyjadour and Lyon (Suikoden V)
Groudon and Exeggcutor (Pokémon) vs Riou and Jowy (Suikoden II)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Re: Doubles Tournament Round 4
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 09:34:40 PM »
Wren and Demi (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium) vs Freyjadour and Lyon (Suikoden V)
Groudon and Exeggcutor (Pokémon) vs Riou and Jowy (Suikoden II) - Going off NEB's analysis from last week, let's presume Exeggcutor sleeps Jowy. Riou blows up Groudon with Forgiver Sign, then Exeggcutor Sleeps Riou. I don't... really think he can manage to kill them both before at least one of them wakes up? If he Sleeps Riou, Jowy... hm, I guess Jowy might not kill both of them with Hungry Friend? Even if he doesn't, though, Jowy probably evades whatever attack Groudon uses (or just doesn't die) and then can kill them next turn?

EDIT: This is of course presuming neither Riou or Jowy are faster, I suppose.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 09:39:50 PM by Nephrite »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 10:06:01 PM »
Exeggutor is clearly the fastest fighter in the match by far, Chlorophyll is kinda silly. Something like +2.5 SD.

The question is if Groudon can outspeed Riou. I don't think so, offhand, but since S2 stats are random there may be a case. If Groudon is indeed the slowest, though... yeah I think the match proceeds as you say (sleeping Riou instead is an option, but then Exeggutor dies to the first Hungry Friend and Groudon isn't killing Jowy before he gets off a second).

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 11:54:08 PM »
Wren and Demi (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium) vs Freyjadour and Lyon (Suikoden V)- This is pure kneejerk. Lyon going first likely makes Demi explode and I doubt Wren can handle things from there.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 05:19:44 AM »
Sounds like Suikoden Lovers in both matches. If Exeggcutor had any multi-target moves... *checks Bulbapedia* Nope. Not even with TMs and Breeding moves. Which I don't think I allow anyway.

Yeah, sure.

True Rune showdown is go.

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 05:23:05 AM »

This seems familiar somehow...

I recall the crowdvote was that Vermillion Sky blows up unBarriered Demi for what it's worth.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 05:43:23 AM »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 02:26:05 PM »
Wren and Demi (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium) vs Freyjadour Falenas and Lyon (Suikoden V) - I'm pretty sure I concluded a while ago that Lyon, on average, is a bit faster than Demi, which puts this fight firmly in the hands of the royal duo.
Groudon and Exeggutor (Pokémon) vs Riou and Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II) - I'm pretty sure Riou and Jowy both are faster than Groudon (Riou's almost a full standar deviation above average speed, and while Groudon is above half a deviation, IIRC, it's not -quite- enough), but... even assuming he initially isn't? Great Blessing is MT, heals status and gets a +30 SPD boost upon casting (making it -clearly- faster than Groudon, but still slower than Exeggutor), and Gen 3 sleep doesn't cancel the unit's turn upon waking up. Riou could very well prep Great Blessing in response to Sleep Powder, guaranteeing Jowy's turn (which OHKOs Exeggutor's ass) and leaving Groudon unable to win from there. No other possible course of action from Exeggutor could possibly change the results overall, methinks.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 07:03:07 PM »

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 07:23:13 AM »

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2015, 12:19:24 AM »
For formality's sake.

Suikoden V- iiiiiii

Suikoden II- iiiii