Register

Author Topic: RPGDL 2015 Season 2, Week 1  (Read 1324 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
RPGDL 2015 Season 2, Week 1
« on: August 31, 2015, 04:14:27 AM »
Godlike

Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Athos (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword)
Ryu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Yunalesca (Final Fantasy X)
Arc (Arc the Lad II) vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF)
Orlouge (SaGa Frontier) vs Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV)

Heavy

Kiryl (Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen) vs Peter (Shining Force II)
Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Wakka (Final Fantasy X)
Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII) vs Angela (Seiken Densetsu 3)
Shadow (Final Fantasy VI) vs Dart (Legend of Dragoon)

Middle

DEM Bones (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning) vs Forde (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones)
Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Clarine (Fire Emblem: Binding Blade)
Spherimorph (Final Fantasy X) vs Hippopressor (Mega Man X: Command Mission)
Mishaela (Shining Force) vs Miranda (Grandia III)

Light

Rahal (Suikoden V) vs Red Wizard (Final Fantasy)
Ronfar (Lunar: Eternal Blue) vs Yushis (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen)
Kongol (Legend of Dragoon) vs Shu (Arc the Lad II)
Rude (Final Fantasy VII) vs Blissey (Pokémon)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: RPGDL 2015 Season 2, Week 1
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 04:27:43 AM »
Godlike

Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Athos (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword) - Yeah even with full hype for timed blocking MDef should nerf the drain game enough that the spear powers through.
Arc (Arc the Lad II) vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF) - feasts of madness

Heavy

Middle

DEM Bones (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning) vs Forde (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) - e: nope!
Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Clarine (Fire Emblem: Binding Blade) - Tomebreaker a bit much here all things considered.  Clarine is doubling and even blunting the drain game to a degree but her own damage sucks and she's not hitting all too accurately in the face of everything else and she's not really dodging either
Spherimorph (Final Fantasy X) vs Hippopressor (Mega Man X: Command Mission) - uh.  Does Spherimorph damage even oneshot Shark Missiles?
Mishaela (Shining Force) vs Miranda (Grandia III) - kneejerk

Light

Rahal (Suikoden V) vs Red Wizard (Final Fantasy) - probably not rahal
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 06:43:50 PM by Random Consonant »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 05:10:20 AM »
Godlike

Arc (Arc the Lad II) vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF)- OKHO. Really a Heavy match though.

Heavy

Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Wakka (Final Fantasy X)- Slightly faster
Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII) vs Angela (Seiken Densetsu 3)- Can take two hits (barely, but can to me)
Shadow (Final Fantasy VI) vs Dart (Legend of Dragoon)- Dart? Heavy?

Middle
DEM Bones (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning) vs Forde (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones)

Light

Ronfar (Lunar: Eternal Blue) vs Yushis (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen)- Ronfar's physical is hideously sad.
Kongol (Legend of Dragoon) vs Shu (Arc the Lad II)- Status weapon
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 09:49:58 AM by Dhyerwolf »
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 10:05:20 AM »
Godlike

Ryu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Yunalesca (Final Fantasy X)- No fucking way is Ryu hacking through all that HP.
Arc (Arc the Lad II) vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF)- Seconding Dhyer.
Orlouge (SaGa Frontier) vs Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV)- Oh god, Orlouge. >_<

Heavy

Kiryl (Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen) vs Peter (Shining Force II)- Mismatch.
Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII) vs Angela (Seiken Densetsu 3)- Don't think Angela can stop Yuffie from getting two turns, and I definitely buy a 2HKO.
Shadow (Final Fantasy VI) vs Dart (Legend of Dragoon)- Dart is a free win in Heavy.

Middle

DEM Bones (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning) vs Forde (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones)- Kneejerk.
Mishaela (Shining Force) vs Miranda (Grandia III)- Mishaela hit decently hard from what I remember.

Light

Rahal (Suikoden V) vs Red Wizard (Final Fantasy)- It's Rahal.
Ronfar (Lunar: Eternal Blue) vs Yushis (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen)- This fucking fight. Yushis has a high 3HKO here. It's not a heal lock! But she is appreciably faster. Ronfar's physical is a 21HKO at base. It's much better against Yushis (She sucks against physicals) but has notable physical evade. I... don't think he can kill her before running out of MP or getting pinched in a double.
Kongol (Legend of Dragoon) vs Shu (Arc the Lad II)- Shu's offense is so goddamn bad that his wind magic doesn't threaten Kongol. >_____________< Time Bomb will still do the trick.
Rude (Final Fantasy VII) vs Blissey (Pokémon)- Surely. Rude's offense was garbage and his durability's not any better.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 12:26:39 AM »

Godlike

Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Athos (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword): Depends on whether I let the spear's full unblocked physicals through... that's kinda the point of SMRPG combat I guess.
Ryu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Yunalesca (Final Fantasy X): Absorb hype, I guess?
Arc (Arc the Lad II) vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF): Sacrifice OHKOs.
Orlouge (SaGa Frontier) vs Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV): Formchain hype.

Heavy

Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII) vs Angela (Seiken Densetsu 3): Buuurp. Copying Dhyer.
Shadow (Final Fantasy VI) vs Dart (Legend of Dragoon): I don't think Dart can deal with Shadow, even restricted to the cheaper throwing stars instead of a Falchion?

Middle

DEM Bones (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning) vs Forde (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones): Dem goes first, and would try to Buff -> 2HKO to 3-round with only taking 1 counter. Dem(Buff) -> Forde -> Dem(HolySword) -> Forde Counter -> Forde -> Dem KOs. Does Forde 3HKO Dem? I think so.
Mishaela (Shining Force) vs Miranda (Grandia III): 2 Tremors kill Mishaela and there isn't much she can do about it. I think 1 might kill her. She doesn't like magic 2HKO she doesn't resist.

Light

Kongol (Legend of Dragoon) vs Shu (Arc the Lad II): Time Bomb should do the trick. If Kongol had average magic damage this might be different!

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 12:33:56 AM »
Middle

DEM Bones (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning) vs Forde (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones): Dem goes first, and would try to Buff -> 2HKO to 3-round with only taking 1 counter. Dem(Buff) -> Forde -> Dem(HolySword) -> Forde Counter -> Forde -> Dem KOs. Does Forde 3HKO Dem? I think so.

DEM would opt to buff twice (Heroics and Attack Stance) and then just OHKO. BoD 7 defenses are so pathetic that the def cut from Attack Stance is super negligible.
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 03:23:12 AM »
Not as cut & dry as everyone else seems to think?  Dragon parade seems pretty good at handling 'lesca actually?  Sure they're Gravity-vulnerable but he gets to go through quite a number.  The real problem is Yunalesca's speed...  detransforming in Form 3 is potential death even through resistance I presume from MegaDeath.  So okay sure Yunalesca but it's okay, Ryu should make it to form 3 at least!
No vote, but re super/Dhyer, Clarissa wrecks enough face in Heavy that I'm pretty happy seeing her in Godlike myself.

Heavy

Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Wakka (Final Fantasy X)
Wakka is so trivially above average speed that if there's any match I'd consider Fang cutting her combo short in, it'd be this one.  (Along with an entirely reasonable interp of Kimahri being "take Tidus's path" which would amp his speed up some.)  OTOH, Fang has to fall back to Ruin here even if she connects with her statuses and Wakka can do anythings if either of Fog or Pain expire, so.
Remind me how good snowman status was in SD3?  EDIT: Sure.  (Snowman's a bit wacky in SoM so worth checking.)

Middle

Henry's damage REALLY SUCKS against Clarine's magic-halving, and I might even buy him losing the straight-up fight despite Tomebreaker due to his meh Resistance vs. Clarine's awesome res & constant doubles...  but...  2x Waste means more chances for Vengeance to proc, and Vengeance is just the thing to bust past subtractive resistance.

Light

Puny vs. Middle, FIGHT
I'll trust super.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 08:40:36 PM by SnowFire »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 06:59:46 AM »
Godlike

Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Athos (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword): His ridiculous MDef ruins Athos' drain game, so he should be able to overwhelm it. He 2HKOs even if you assume half-timed defence (which I do... most of the time at least) and doubles against Nos, so yeah that should be enough. If only Athos' ITD tome was lightning...
Ryu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Yunalesca (Final Fantasy X): Absorb hacks the dragon forms to pieces pretty badly (as it does aeons in-game). If Ryu somehow makes it to form 3 there are many, many problems waiting there.
Orlouge (SaGa Frontier) vs Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV): Uhhh... they have similar HP and stuff. Fou-Lu is faster (except than Orlouge's angel attacks, but those are all physical or wind, so wind mode tyrant says nope). Fou-Lu uses Dark Wave immediately, does a crapton of damage. Orlouge responds with Triple Salamander, which also does loads of damage. Fou-Lu... should be able to kill in two more turns, though; two physicals should be enough, especially since Orlouge is slightly vulnerable to ITD.

Heavy

Kiryl (Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen) vs Peter (Shining Force II): Kinda shows how Peter is a bit out of his depth in Heavy.
Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Wakka (Final Fantasy X): I'm pretty okay with hyping Fang shortening her chain a bit in this case, sure... but she absolutely has to land Pain turn 1, and Wakka will equip for blind (read: Pain) resistance. Meanwhile, there's zilch she can do about Sleep Buster.
Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII) vs Angela (Seiken Densetsu 3): Snowman is "can't act" so yeah it is kind of a win here. I would be willing to see it as equivalent to Stop... but that turns out to be one of the only statuses FF7 can't actually block.
Shadow (Final Fantasy VI) vs Dart (Legend of Dragoon): Hmm I think these days I'm willing to vote on 200 initial SP. So Dart isn't quite a free win as he gets a powerful 2HKO and a durability push between his first and second turns. That said, he just misses the OHKO on Shadow, who 2HKOs him first with ITD weakness-hitting Ice Brand throws.

Middle

Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Clarine (Fire Emblem: Binding Blade): Tomebreaker is definitely difficult here. Clarine's res apparently isn't that super-high anyway.
Spherimorph (Final Fantasy X) vs Hippopressor (Mega Man X: Command Mission): I do think Spherimorph can OHKO shark missiles due to their bad defences but... he also faces their evasion, so most of the time it won't work. So yeah, ITD damage does its thing.
Mishaela (Shining Force) vs Miranda (Grandia III): Something about hyping Tremor feels seriously off to me, but yeah Mishaela's durability is pretty wretched and she could be seen as having last strike so maybe...

Light

Rahal (Suikoden V) vs Red Wizard (Final Fantasy): Not that I agree with RW being a Middle, but Rahal... is bad.
Rude (Final Fantasy VII) vs Blissey (Pokémon): Uhhh I dunno. You need to do 43% damage to kill Blissey, assuming you go first. Does Rude do this? Possibly! Of course, Rude might also be slower than Blissey. ... actually he almost certainly is, Gen 2 speed average being low is a help there. Okay then.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 07:31:31 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 12:07:26 PM »
Middle

DEM would opt to buff twice (Heroics and Attack Stance) and then just OHKO. BoD 7 defenses are so pathetic that the def cut from Attack Stance is super negligible.
Forde's durability is ~1.2x, and Dem's Attack Stance/Heroics Holy Sword is x1.15 damage.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 09:38:38 PM »
Middle

Just to note, I'm pretty sure the BoD 7 topic is underrating the buff effects unless the Steam version changed formula mechanics. Doubling attack should over double damage (since attack stats are linear, so the pre-defense damage doubles. BoD 7 had really easy equations of (Attack * Mult)-(Def/8)). So double buffed DEM should be doing over 1.2.
Forde's durability is ~1.2x, and Dem's Attack Stance/Heroics Holy Sword is x1.15 damage.
...into the nightfall.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 08:52:44 PM »
Godlike

Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Athos (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword)

Heavy

Middle

Light

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2015, 09:03:11 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2015, 09:59:50 PM »
Godlike

Arc (Arc the Lad II) vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF)- No vote.

Heavy

Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII) vs Angela (Seiken Densetsu 3)- No vote.

Middle

Mishaela (Shining Force) vs Miranda (Grandia III)- No vote.

Light

Ronfar (Lunar: Eternal Blue) vs Yushis (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen)- No vote.
Kongol (Legend of Dragoon) vs Shu (Arc the Lad II)- No vote.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2015, 03:44:13 AM »
Godlike

Yaridovich (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- iiii vs Athos (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword)
Ryu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Yunalesca (Final Fantasy X)- iiiiiiii
Arc (Arc the Lad II) vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF)- iiii
Orlouge (SaGa Frontier)- ii vs Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV)- iii

Heavy

Kiryl (Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen)- iiiiiiii vs Peter (Shining Force II)
Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII)- i vs Wakka (Final Fantasy X)- iiiiii
Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII)- i vs Angela (Seiken Densetsu 3)- iiiiii
Shadow (Final Fantasy VI)- iiiiiii vs Dart (Legend of Dragoon)- i

Middle

DEM Bones (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning)- iii vs Forde (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones)- ii
Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening)- iiiiii vs Clarine (Fire Emblem: Binding Blade)
Spherimorph (Final Fantasy X) vs Hippopressor (Mega Man X: Command Mission)- iiii
Mishaela (Shining Force)- i vs Miranda (Grandia III)- iii

Light

Rahal (Suikoden V) vs Red Wizard (Final Fantasy)- iiiiiiii
Ronfar (Lunar: Eternal Blue)- i vs Yushis (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen)- iii
Kongol (Legend of Dragoon) vs Shu (Arc the Lad II)- iiii
Rude (Final Fantasy VII) vs Blissey (Pokémon)- iiiiiii