Author Topic: What Games are you playing 2016?  (Read 117345 times)

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
Re: What Games are you playing 2016?
« Reply #1250 on: May 28, 2016, 06:47:14 AM »
Well that doesn't explain anything.

http://duckfeed.tv/watchoutforfireballs/

This is the podcast I meant.  It is good.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #1251 on: May 28, 2016, 09:04:11 AM »
I'm also curious about the Chronicles of Mystara after hearing their episode. I never got to play it in arcades and only briefly in MAME. Does anyone know if the Steam version is good about getting people into the same game? Seems like it could be fun with multiple players.

I have it.

It is very great.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: May 28, 2016, 10:21:36 AM »
Well Romancing Saga 2 is going to have a vita release after all.
*deletes 18€ app*

jsh357

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: May 28, 2016, 02:56:59 PM »
Well that doesn't explain anything.

http://duckfeed.tv/watchoutforfireballs/

This is the podcast I meant.  It is good.

They also do Bonfireside Chat (Souls podcast), which is good too.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: May 28, 2016, 09:12:42 PM »
Fallen London - Two novels under my belt now writing a play.  Not bad for someone that's mostly been laying pipe and only has 4 short stories to their name.

Also feels weird being away from computer and not having much data.  Jump on Steam Mobile to chat with my brother.  Go "who the fuck is playing Fallout New Vegas again". Drill down on games.  Hmm good taste but not many games.  Checked shared friends.   Ahhhhh hi Cid.

The next big Watch Out for Fireballs game is going to be that so would recommend checking that out as they hit.  Will be a whole month of shows.

Nah, not me. Haven't touched it since getting 100% chievos last winter (including Legion ending and three-star challenges because endless self-loathing). FONV is totally one of my favorite things but I also don't ever need to play it again. I dunno, maybe in a fit of nostalgia ten years from now or something.

I don't know what that thing you're talking about is, though.

I'll draw you back in with my grenades only; worst weapons; and companion-kills only runs!

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: May 29, 2016, 01:23:22 AM »
Xcom enemy unknown Plus: That Vita port is atrocious
Throw a grenade, watch the 2FPS. Massive delays on button presses everywhere because the game is too busy handling subpar graphics

I ragequit for the first time in years by doing the new Plus content, and getting completely swarmed by new 8 health grenade throwing Mr Smiths. Delete game.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: May 29, 2016, 01:35:18 AM »
Today is the day more dreams died :(

Fallen London - I decided to change things up and now I am chasing the Watchful path (with bonus Shadow occasionally!).  Now I am a nihilistic detective and archeologist.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: May 29, 2016, 05:03:19 AM »
Well Romancing Saga 2 is going to have a vita release after all.
*deletes 18€ app*

yyyyyyup.

Played enough of this to know that touch controls are really not going to cut it.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: May 29, 2016, 09:35:42 AM »
Back at home with my PC.

Dark Souls 3 - Started up new characters, Brother going Quality, I am going wizard.  I rolled a big fat guy.  We traded some fun loot from old toons.  I went for Antiquated set.  I regret rolling the big fat dude now because that would just look good normally.

Otherwise, chain invaded in Highwall of Lothric by other twinks and it is still fucking infuriating.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: May 29, 2016, 10:59:33 AM »
I forgot the worst part about Xcom Vita. Action is super zoomed in, you can zoom out, but the game goes back to a zoomed in view and you have to do it again on every action. 100% guaranteed to make you mad.

It is pretty difficult to visualize the whole battle in a 3D space, which was already a problem with the original Xcom Enemy Unknown (this game doesn't handle verticality very well) but is 300% worse here.

Also very long loading screens of course

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: May 29, 2016, 08:03:21 PM »
Fallen London:

Did some really cool co-op thing with Grefter that took me about 10 actions
I failed miserably and we got nothing

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: May 29, 2016, 08:25:32 PM »
Fallen London apparently has this highly hidden questline (mr Eaten) that's akin to an unhealthy obsession. It states from the beginning that it will only ruin your character and take everything from you with no worthwhile reward ever. It asks for huge number of items and can steal stats, items, connections from you.
You can spend 50 fate (approx 11$) to permanently kill your character at one point and that's the only fate locked path in it?

Obviously I am really curious about all of it and will try to pursue it at one point. I'll try to avoid spoilers about it from now on

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 29, 2016, 08:28:52 PM »
I am presently "Marked by the Eater of Chains." That doesn't sound very good, but I guess it's just the sort of thing that happens when you spend too much time hanging out at murder sites.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: May 29, 2016, 08:54:34 PM »
Eater of Chains turned out to be allergic to my fists.

"You are given a wide berth at the honey den - few of the customers are comfortable with one so obviously girded for battle. The proprietor has heard of your troubles, and arranges for a private room. You dream of the now familiar empty city under a huge yellow moon. You make your way to the little island, past weeping statues and to a steam launch you thought might be there. The Eater-of-Chains is waiting for you on the shore. Nothing needs be said - the beast is here to consume you, and you to end it. The fight is long and bloody, with no quarter expected. Finally, you snap the beast's thick neck, and you are free of it. Reflecting later in the honey den, you cannot be sure that it is destroyed, but the mark on your arm is but a faint shadow and you are certain it will not hunt you further. The tale of your victory spreads: perhaps your labours will have opened doors for you."

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: May 29, 2016, 10:13:56 PM »
I will send you more attempts Fen.  I need those coins so I can play Marvelous.  Risking my soul is the only way to feel any more.

I got exiled again for putting on a scandalous ballet.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: May 30, 2016, 01:47:51 AM »
DMC4 SE Vergil mode: Completed. 

This is basically like DMC3 Vergil mode in that Vergil is "go wild and have fun!" thing and DMC4 really embraces it.  The concentration mechanic exists to reward players who DO learn how to play him properly, allowing him to be REALLY insane.  Fully concentation Devil Trigger completely murders bosses in ways you wouldn't realize, and they actually implemented the Super Judgment Cut from the final boss in DMC3 as basically a full screen murder weapon...and it still works on bosses, so it's a good way to end your DT  since it's 1/10th of the bosses health gone.

Plotwise, the game ends with Vergil leaving Fortuna, avoiding telling us anything as to whether he is Nero's father or not.  It's worth noting the intro sequence does have one female look specifically at him and interested, almost to tease the notion.  Trolling? I think so!
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: May 30, 2016, 12:22:02 PM »
DS3 - Have connectivity issues right at bonfire.  THird attempt brother black crystals out.  Game let me quit so I can reconnect and get things clean.

The invader had no connectivity issues.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: May 31, 2016, 07:06:49 AM »
Bravely Second- Chapter 3. Soon to get the Exorcist class, which I'm excited to play around with. Current setup:

Tomahawk w/ Catmancy- Tomahawk is the Sword Fencer replacement class and it's brutal. An S in Gun on a class with fantastic attack skills is a win. I gave her Multitask to help her tear through things even better. It's...technically time I should be switching out of this class hunting for more skills, but the sheer damage means I probably won't for at least a while.
Ninja 1 w/ Miscellany for Randoms/Fencer or Tomahawk for Bosses- Going for the evasion+draw fire combo. Only 1 Job Level to go!
Ninja 2 w/ Holy Magic- Same as above. Holy Magic is cool since it lets even a physical class be a relatively competent healer (just a good way to do any MT healing for 1 BP; Using Spellcraft to give him the MT healing option)
Black Mage w/ Astrology and Spellcraft- Only mage at the moment. I'm going for Ignore Magic Defense, although since Black Mage has better damage spells than Wizard to use with Dart, I might stay in a little longer (Poor Wizard needed a final spell that did more damage and cost more MP. I hope the curve doesn't go up so much that it trails off in DL terms by endgame because it's so awesome). Truth be told, unlike BD 1, I haven't felt the need to get much use out of anti-elemental spells yet. I suppose lack of needing to fight the same elementally based bosses so many times comes into play and I guess that in this equivalent point in BD, Spiritmaster hadn't been obtained yet.

I need to play with Patissier more, so one of the Ninjas will likely go there (likely the one that was more magic oriented).

All the mage classes seem like they all come with really expensive skills that I would like to stack together. It would be absurd in power, but I wish that the game would do something crazy like double the amount of skills you could equip for say the final dungeon and bosses (but make them even more evil to balance). Just imagine the ability to stack some of these:

Full Charge   Support 1   Doubles the potency of offensive magic when HP is at full capacity.
Ventriloquism   Support 3   Spellcraft abilities will also affect any magic cast by allies during the same turn. (This skill would kind of tempt me into making all 4 PCs mages, depending on the exact mechanics).
Good Measure   Support 2   Spell cast in succession against the target will vastly increase in potency. (Although this may not stack with spellcraft)
Brevity   Support 3   Grants a 50% chance of any single spell being cast having the effect of the same spell cast twice. (Betting this does stack with spellcraft)
Epic Group-Cast   Support 2   The damage dealt and the amount of recovery do not decline when group-casting magic. (Alternate to Spellcraft)
Pierce Magic Defense   Support 3   Ignore the target's Magic Defense when dealing magic damage.
Group-Cast All   Support 2   Enable group-casting even for normally non-group-cast magic. However, this does not apply to magic
targeting yourself. (Spellcraft replacement, but I bet it doesn't stack with Spellcraft which would be insanely useful).

Torn between getting Pirate or Performer. Astrologian can do what Performer does...at the cost of an extra 1 BP and the BP plus skills are great, but Pirate looks like there are a lot of other classes it would synthesize with really well. A Pirate/Tomahawk mixed with Auto Undo would be an absolute terror, unleashing elemental Amped Strikes and then returning to full MP the next turn (granted, that would be bit of a grind since Auto Undo is Exorcist' final skill (and sounds extremely evil in a duel)) but...that L10 skill on Performer (MT Attack/Magic Boost) is so nice and Pirate's stat downs have a replacement with Patissier. This is definitely the toughest choice yet. I'm leaning towards Performer just because I think I would like to try that all mage team once I get all the parts to it, but I'm not sure.
...into the nightfall.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: May 31, 2016, 08:14:57 AM »
Bravely Second- Chapter 3. Soon to get the Exorcist class, which I'm excited to play around with. Current setup:

Tomahawk w/ Catmancy-

I need to play with Patissier more

Ventriloquism   Support 3   Spellcraft abilities will also affect any magic cast by allies during the same turn. (This skill would kind of tempt me into making all 4 PCs mages, depending on the exact mechanics).

Not in fact a Fenrir post.  What an age to live in.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: May 31, 2016, 12:33:44 PM »
Fallen London - I finished my play and am most of the way through my third novel, I am now fairly rich for myself. Grefter told me to rob a bank so I'm going to do that after this novel, I've been wanting to get my other stats up for a while. With the money I got from these artistic endeavors I have some pretty nice shadowy gear. After I rob the bank I'll probably start going through the person of some importance questline, then take a break from whoring and see what being a hard nosed detective has in store for me. I could go hunting rats and get my Dangerous up, but I am far too well dressed for such nonsense.

EDIT: I forgot to bitch about how it took me 40 turns to get rid of 7.5 Scandal just now. That was the whole point of the post. Goddamn it.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 12:48:07 PM by Makkotah »

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: May 31, 2016, 01:16:43 PM »
http://saint-arthur.tumblr.com/post/61674014566/accessible-access-codes

Some free stuff in here.  Most of it is just Coffee, but Coffee gets you 10 free actions, so there is like enough here for 200 actions worth of stuff (Coffee increases Wounds).

Some other stuff, but Coffee is the real appeal to me just like real life.

Also plz rob banks good and do other stuffs goods it lets me play Russian Roulette with my soul and I want to know what it feels like to be alive.

Edit - Oh and recommend anyone doing Persuasive path not finish up with the final works in the Palace before you progress the Watchful stuff a bit.  I am about to lock myself out of a good source for Whispered Hints that I need on the Watchful path.  Would hate to not be able to go have some cups of tea in the Court.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:56:30 PM by Grefter »

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: May 31, 2016, 02:05:41 PM »
oh dang thanks for the free like 100 turns that's actually pretty sick

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: May 31, 2016, 03:02:26 PM »
Don't forget you also need the whispered hints for a sw33t useless house
I have 57k whispered hints from trying and succeeding at getting into a threesome with the alluring beauty and the barbed wit. Pretty cool ending (and the return from the colonies was cool too) but the grind needed was crazy. If anything in Fallen London can really be considered a grind.

I met someone in real life who's exactly like my Fallen London character and I couldn't stand her for more than 30 minutes.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: June 01, 2016, 02:34:48 AM »
So apparently to become a person of some importance you need 100 in Dangerous, Persuasive, Watchful, and Shadowy.  I just barely hit 100 Dangerous so that's going to take a very long time.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: June 01, 2016, 02:41:22 AM »
I have done some checking around, apparently there is a few other things on top of that (drawn from the Opportunity deck?) which you have to do as well, but ehhhhh not sure?  You will have a buffer of some points you got in other stats for a head start and you will have a pile of items and some money to help you get there.  If 100 for the first stat takes a month ish I expect its probably 2 or 3 months for all 4.

It doesn't have to be base stats, you can buy buffers for your weaker stats too.