Register

Author Topic: RPGDL 2016 Season 1, Week 2  (Read 3030 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
RPGDL 2016 Season 1, Week 2
« on: January 19, 2016, 07:14:15 AM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Gau (Final Fantasy VI)
Psaro (Dragon Quest IV) vs Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X)
Ryu Bateson (Breath of Fire II) vs Jade (Breath of Fire)
Chelle (Wild ARMs XF) vs Tir McDohl (Suikoden Series)

Heavy

Raynie (Radiant Historia) vs Lawfer (Valkyrie Profile)
Geddoe (Suikoden III) vs Alena (Dragon Quest IV)
Say’ri (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Edna Capone (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
Oerba dia Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)

Middle

Meganium (Pokémon)  vs Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
Stocke (Radiant Historia) vs Aila (Suikoden III)
Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) vs Ramza Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Noa (Legend of Legaia)

Light

Opera Vectra (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Tony (Wild ARMs 4)
Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Lufia (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom)
Umaro (Final Fantasy VI) vs Karn (Breath of Fire)
Spar (Breath of Fire II) vs Proud Clod (Final Fantasy VII)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: RPGDL 2016 Season 1, Week 2
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 08:36:19 AM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Gau (Final Fantasy VI): Sweet merciful crap.
Psaro (Dragon Quest IV) vs Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X): Sanctuary Keeper can run Protect/Regen and spam Curaga to completely shut down the forms without both (a) double-acting and (b) dispel or good magic damage. Which is... just form 7. And I'm pretty sure SK wins a slugfest going into the final round at full health.
Ryu Bateson (Breath of Fire II) vs Jade (Breath of Fire): The HP.
Chelle (Wild ARMs XF) vs Tir McDohl (Suikoden Series): Slightly faster, and can tank a Judgement to me, so can afford to miss.

Heavy

Raynie (Radiant Historia) vs Lawfer (Valkyrie Profile): Probably interesting if you allow Switch.
Geddoe (Suikoden III) vs Alena (Dragon Quest IV): uhh something, I imagine Alena gets two turns and Geddoe has parry, so... close. I'll think about it later. EDIT: see Super
Say’ri (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Edna Capone (Shadow Hearts: From the New World): Think so. Edna can't 2HKO with anything, while Say'ri kills in two turns, so Edna needs all three attacks to hit on her first turn + double on her second. Say'ri has too much evade for that.
Oerba dia Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII): Cloud needs to block Pain, but if he does... Vanille can still set up, but Cloud can hit her kinda hard in the meantime? Nah, she'll heal. Actually, POISON causes big problems for Cloud, of all things, since that doesn't trigger a limit. Vanille can just poison him then heal forever. Except WAIT, blind and poison share a blocker, whoops. So Vanille needs to set up a blitz after all. Seems... difficult but possible, but I'm open to arguments here.

Middle

Meganium (Pokémon)  vs Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening): Henry has a low 2HKO here with Bolganone, but Meganuim is faster and can use Light Screen to make that a low 4HKO (and make Nosferatu's draining terrible). Of all things, I believe Meganuim wants POISON POWDER since it doesn't trigger counters and frees up later Meganuim turns for Synthesis and refreshing Light Screen. This probably gets the jbo done, with Body Slam to finish (or Razor Leaf if you don't see Tomebreaker getting that, I'm not certain myself). Vengeance is interesting since it can add up to ~10 healing to Nosferatu draining, which actually does let Henry turtle against poison to some extent, but I'm pretty skeptical it lets him win since by the time it's useful, he's very close to death range.
Stocke (Radiant Historia) vs Aila (Suikoden III): Stocke has a 2HKO... but Clay Guardian should ward that off. Aila has a 5HKO with physicals which inflict freeze... but Stocke can block that. (She also has a 3HKO with a super-slow Earthquake, who cares.) It depends what stats he has to give up for this, I think, since otherwise Stocke can run her out of resources until he gets a limit or whatever. There's Battle Oath, too, so I guess Aila can actually get her physical to outpower Stocke's healing... mm. Actually I think that does it. I don't believe S3 berserk wore off. She still needs to heal turn 3 and every 2 thereafter to not die... Clay, Oath, heal, Oath, heal, attack, heal, attack... yeah that puts her in a position to lock Stocke from there. Stocke could still win by stalling for a limit, potentially... no idea how fast those come. EDIT: I'm down for Push Assault hype, I think, on the other hand. Certainly is another hurdle Aila has to get over, at worst.
Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) vs Ramza Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics): Presumably.

Light

Opera Vectra (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Tony (Wild ARMs 4): Opera isn't doing better than a 2HKO here. Tony probably 3HKOs her back, 4HKOs at worst, and is 235% average speed.
Umaro (Final Fantasy VI) vs Karn (Breath of Fire): The damage is similar, the durability gap is bigger than the speed gap.
Spar (Breath of Fire II) vs Proud Clod (Final Fantasy VII): I imagine Spar can turtle at higher HP and apply some buffs/debuffs (though slow is out) to tilt things its way. I'm not... 100% sure about this, but I would think so.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 11:46:05 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 11:13:52 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Geddoe (Suikoden III) vs Alena (Dragon Quest IV)- Geddoe is very durable against physicals and the chance to Parry offsets the critical hit chance. 4r just gets OHKOed by Hammer of Raijin. 4o can't stop the 2HKO and the blitz won't work for reasons mentioned above.
Oerba dia Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)- I see no reason why heal until limit doesn't work.

Middle

Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) vs Ramza Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics)- Ramza is so, so, -so- bad in the DL.
Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Noa (Legend of Legaia)- Charm.

Light

Opera Vectra (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Tony (Wild ARMs 4)- When in doubt, vote against WA4 boss HP.
Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Lufia (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom)- Easy 2HKO, not 2HKOed back.
Umaro (Final Fantasy VI) vs Karn (Breath of Fire)- Oof. Umaro is pretty tanky.
Spar (Breath of Fire II) vs Proud Clod (Final Fantasy VII)-  >_<
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 06:08:56 PM »
No PC Psaro hype, super?!  (not that I played that version, but sounds like his only form with a shot at winning...)

Heavy

I allow Switch, but block-all-status gets status outside of game to me, so no dice.  (I guess from looking at Elf's stat blocker topic if Lawfer drops HP for a blocker he gets 2HKO'd, but he just drops damage instead which doesn't matter.)
Say’ri (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Edna Capone (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
Wait, do Blind / Paralyze / Poison all share 1 blocker?  As long as one of these gets through, Vanille should be mostly set.

Middle

Grumble grumble still not a huge fan of letting Pokemon customize their movesets per-fight even if it saves headaches, so call it an abstain.
Dead Fencer comes quite slowly but not THAT slowly, especially if he starts with a half-full bar and gets some more bar off pressure while Aila is buffing up?!  How much is Berserk Aila's physical outpacing Stocke's healing by?

Light

Tony not really a Light if given full form choice, alas.
If Power Down works as advertised, it completely wrecks Clod's damage...   low base damage with occasional double-acts gets hard-spoiled by it.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 06:47:58 PM »
I don't really recall how often RH limits came up, except that it wasn't terribly common (and I'm generally not inclined to allow half-filled gauges for cases like RH). But... yeah it's possible that he could get one. Berserked Aila does 35% to Stocke, he heals for 29%. It depends both on how big a hit the statusblocker is (since not blocking paralysis is unacceptable here) and how fast the limit comes. I dunno.

Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 07:02:35 PM »
"Almost never" is the kneejerk for RH limits, although it has come up before in the mighty REGAL vs. STOCKE matchup wherein Stocke inexplicably wins despite Regal being able to spoil fire. ( http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=6468.10 )

Sounds like Stocke gets ~10-11 turns of healing off Aila then, + ~7 turns of setup.  Maybe drop a turn or two depending on the stat penalty.  Perhaps if I'm non-lazy I'll try to see just how fast the Mana Gague builds in RH, since "20-40 actions" sounds about right for an empty gauge, meaning this will be close.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 08:13:47 PM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Gau (Final Fantasy VI) - Welcome.  To.  Godlike.
Chelle (Wild ARMs XF) vs Tir McDohl (Suikoden Series) - Not completely sure on her surviving a Judgment and not completely sure on her hitting the first two times, but she wins if either of these things are true so.

Heavy

Raynie (Radiant Historia) vs Lawfer (Valkyrie Profile) - Resist Check hype is as always completely laughable (oh yes breakable accessories in a game with finite resources) but honestly I think I see Lawfer OHKOing and I'm not really going to make the speed tiebreak in Raynie's favor.
Geddoe (Suikoden III) vs Alena (Dragon Quest IV) - Yeah this isn't particularly close or anything.
Say’ri (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Edna Capone (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - sure.

Middle

Meganium (Pokémon) vs Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening) - uh sure.
Stocke (Radiant Historia) vs Aila (Suikoden III) - RH Back row doesn't care about anything except whether or not an attack is physical to the best of my knowledge so Push Assault means Aila needs to rely on damage instability without the benefit of Heavy Damage to break past Stocke's healing.  This does hamper Dead Fencer somewhat but Aila's not really durable so it probably works anyways.  This may not matter without allowing some guage to start, but I -think- it's about 40 hits dealt or recieved from empty which should still be possible considering Aila has two swings, at least to me.
Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) vs Ramza Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Outslugs
Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Noa (Legend of Legaia) - Charm.

Light

Opera Vectra (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Tony (Wild ARMs 4) - Opera of the unimpressive damage OHKOing Tony what do I think about that.
Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Lufia (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) - Easily 2HKOs, shouldn't be 2HKO'd, sleep shouldn't matter.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 12:09:41 AM by Random Consonant »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 10:22:14 PM »
No PC Psaro hype, super?!  (not that I played that version, but sounds like his only form with a shot at winning...)

PC Psaro strikes me as pretty clearly not legal, sadly. He might win if it was legal (SK is blitzable and Psaro can do some nasty things with buffing) but yeah, not relevant.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 02:29:56 AM »
Ramza actually has a much more competitive shot at Albert than I thought. With 13 MA he can 3HKO with Ultima, and he gets there after one Scream. Even with charge times he can cast Ultima on turn 2+ before Albert's corresponding turns, so that's not an issue. And with Crystal Mail and Flash Hat he avoids a 2HKO, by the average I use. If he evades one of those three attacks, he's set against pure slugger Albert.

Except that Albert's magic is surprisingly good and he has multiple shots of it. So his 3HKO seems safe after all. And dragoon defences would help too. Never mind, since 200 SP guarantees at least one turn of it. Still, it was worth looking at.

Maybe.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 03:04:59 AM »
Ryu Bateson (Breath of Fire II) vs Jade (Breath of Fire) - rip

Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) vs Ramza Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics) - :(
Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Noa (Legend of Legaia) - Charm

Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Lufia (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom)
Spar (Breath of Fire II) vs Proud Clod (Final Fantasy VII) - God I don't want to think about this.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2016, 04:34:44 AM »
Godlike

Chelle (Wild ARMs XF) vs Tir McDohl (Suikoden Series)- Don't have the respect for Chelle that sees her OHKOing

Heavy

Say’ri (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Edna Capone (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- Yeah, Edna can only kill in 3 hits, and Say'ri Evades one of those and Edna is slower.

Middle

Meganium (Pokémon) vs Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening)- If there are voters that Henry likes more than myself going for Mega, seems likely clear to me
Stocke (Radiant Historia) vs Aila (Suikoden III)- I do believe that Berserk does wear off potentially (RPGclassics notes it specifically does, it does in S2). Based on this assumption+halve limit filling, Stocke might take it to me?

Light

Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Lufia (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom)- Lol.
Umaro (Final Fantasy VI) vs Karn (Breath of Fire)- Abstain
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2016, 04:56:07 AM »
I've had some pretty big marathon fights in S3 where berserk didn't wear off, but I can't deny the possibility.

Maybe.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2016, 07:34:14 AM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Gau (Final Fantasy VI) - Is there even an interp of Gau where this is feasible?
Chelle (Wild ARMs XF) vs Tir McDohl (Suikoden Series)- General lower boss respect means I'm handing this to Tir.

Heavy

Oerba dia Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII) - Half Limit gauge probably tilts this in Cloud's favor since he'll definitely see his OHKO Limit before Vanille does?

Middle

Meganium (Pokémon) vs Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
Stocke (Radiant Historia) vs Aila (Suikoden III)- Half limit gauge means it doesn't take forever turns for Stocke to see his own limit. And I think his healing is plenty good enough to last til then. 
Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Noa (Legend of Legaia) - Hmm... Unless there's some interp running around where we allow FF8 characters to block status with universal Status Def J + choice of 100 spells?

Light

Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Lufia (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom)- How do two Lufia1 characters not only end up in Light together, but in the same fight?
Umaro (Final Fantasy VI) vs Karn (Breath of Fire)- Better monkey man

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2016, 08:38:41 AM »
Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Gau (Final Fantasy VI) - Is there even an interp of Gau where this is feasible?

Oerba dia Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII) - Half Limit gauge probably tilts this in Cloud's favor since he'll definitely see his OHKO Limit before Vanille does?

Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Noa (Legend of Legaia) - Hmm... Unless there's some interp running around where we allow FF8 characters to block status with universal Status Def J + choice of 100 spells?

Gau can plausibly win in an RPGMon-type environment if you see him as getting faster than Lady somehow and landing Charm and letting Charm work on immune bosses and him rolling his chance to actually use it rather than physical attack.  While this is sketchy this is closer to an argument than most PCs have.

Cloud either blocks Blind & Poison -or- Paralysis to my understanding.  If he blocks Paralysis, then POIZN -> heal spam will stop him from getting a limit.  If he blocks poison, then Pain will turn off his ability to attack and thus (probably) to Limit, although you might be generous and let him limit anyway.  Although even if so, then the combination of Pain & Fog should really do the trick.

I personally let FF8 characters equip status blockers (junctions are just equipment in other games), but no Legaia.  Note that I dunno if Squall is entirely out of the woods here, as...  checking a FAQ...  yeah, FF8 has Confuse, but doesn't have Charm, so there's an argument that he can't block Noa's status anyway.  And Queen Twister sounds like it'd be pretty good at poking past his limit range.  Seems like an uphill fight.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2016, 04:01:10 PM »
I'm of the opinion that Pain is considerably closer to blind than it is to paralysis, as a status which only prevents physicals (also, consider: FF blind has been getting steadily stronger at wrecking from physicals... from 50% in older games to 75% in FF8 to 90% in FFX... to 100% in FF13). As such I do see Cloud blocking both. But... Vanille still has the possibility of blowing past a limit with Deshell + Imperil. And if it's possible to gain TP from "useless" healing, then she can just turtle to a summon that way.

Maybe.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2016, 05:14:14 PM »
For a moment I read that as summon a turtle.  And then I was sad.  One of the FF XIII games really needed to let you summon an Adamantoise.  All it would need to do is walk through the fight.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 02:17:56 AM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Gau (Final Fantasy VI): Interp of Gau that lets him win? Uh... super-high MBlock twink?
Psaro (Dragon Quest IV) vs Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X): Though Sanctuary Keeper does face Hastega and summons... maybe I should rethink that.
Ryu Bateson (Breath of Fire II) vs Jade (Breath of Fire): BoltX OHKOs.
Chelle (Wild ARMs XF) vs Tir McDohl (Suikoden Series): Chelle was fought... before the Nightstalker class was a thing?

Heavy

Raynie (Radiant Historia) vs Lawfer (Valkyrie Profile): Sure blocks sleep in exchange for damage. Might OHKO.
Geddoe (Suikoden III) vs Alena (Dragon Quest IV): Rar physicals vs S3. Sometimes that feels unfair.
Oerba dia Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII): Deshell, Imperil, go to town? That's a lot of damage buffing.

Middle

Stocke (Radiant Historia) vs Aila (Suikoden III): Don't know if Berserk wears off. Stocke could heal-turtle to a limit?
Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) vs Ramza Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics): I'm just copying everyone else...
Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Noa (Legend of Legaia): Might 2HKO anyway even w/o Charm?

Light

Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Lufia (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom): Flash Ring?

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2016, 02:44:45 AM »
Chelle (Wild ARMs XF) vs Tir McDohl (Suikoden Series): Chelle was fought... before the Nightstalker class was a thing?

Chelle has forms fought before Nightstalker, but her final form (the one we have notes on) is not.
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2016, 04:14:54 AM »
It's certainly fought before you can reasonably learn RFX+25% (at least without without grinding), so it shouldn't have an effect on average besides what's already factored in. (Also do note that the XF bosses were taken against the generic speed average, which is considerably higher than the plot PCs'.)

IMO the best argument for Tir going first would centre around the fact that RFX doesn't actually determine who strikes first between XF units in-game (since you PCs generally don't start in range of many/any enemies, and certainly not bosses like Chelle). But I think people like Clarissa too much for that view to catch on. <.<

Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2016, 05:37:42 PM »
Insert obligatory Grappler's Accelerate hype here.  Almost as good as RFX+25% except way, way cheaper and earlier!

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2016, 08:16:43 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Meganium (Pokémon) vs Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening)

Light

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2016, 01:45:34 AM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Gau (Final Fantasy VI) - So not only does Gau need Charm to land, but he needs to roll for it being used, roll for its success, have it go through Lady's extra special immunity, and have it land *twice* - once for each separate target - on top of the RNG making it so that he'd target different targets.  Yeah, even the most generous of interps won't see that happening.

Heavy

Middle

Light

Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Lufia (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) - Unless silliness like "Put Aguro to sleep, heal up to full with Stronger, then attack" matters, then this.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2016, 06:55:43 PM »
I updated the RH stat topic.  Anyway, Stocke needs to get to 50 Mana Gauge points.  If we ignore Push Assault hype for the moment...   using Elf's set, Stocke lands 6 hits of G-Fire to start off with, and Aila has a 2-hit combo.  If Stocke starts at 25/50 Mana Gague, he'll Dead Fencer after ~10 Aila attacks (25+6+20).  Maybe 9 if Stocke fits a Double Assault in there somewhere.  So Stocke might BARELY hustle out the limit, at least if blocking status doesn't cost him so much damage that Aila can switch to heal-locking faster.

I think it's kinda moot anyway.  There are some characters whom I'd definitely disrespect RH positioning against because they can move & attack in-game (WA4 Raquel, high-MOV FE characters), but S3 characters are actually pretty squirrelly about getting them in the right spot and requires giving up 2 (!) character's turns to micromanage, so Push Assault probably wins the day anyway.  (I certainly wouldn't hype S3 characters as being particularly special at defending against Aht nonsense, for example, while FE characters would laugh it off.)

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2016, 07:34:48 PM »
Godlike

Psaro (Dragon Quest IV) vs Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X) - I don't remember sanctuary keeper

Heavy

Raynie (Radiant Historia) vs Lawfer (Valkyrie Profile) - sleep blocker, sure
Geddoe (Suikoden III) vs Alena (Dragon Quest IV)  - geddoe is thick enough to not die before he kills here
Say’ri (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Edna Capone (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - evasion works

Middle

Meganium (Pokémon)  vs Henry (Fire Emblem: Awakening) - status, surely. Also I want to say Mega gets light screen?
Stocke (Radiant Historia) vs Aila (Suikoden III) - gutcheck
Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) vs Ramza Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics) - outslugs
Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Noa (Legend of Legaia) - Even with my take on Squall, he just gets charm locked. gg

Light

Spar (Breath of Fire II) vs Proud Clod (Final Fantasy VII) - I don't remember what proud clod can do
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2016, 07:40:19 PM »
Spar (Breath of Fire II) vs Proud Clod (Final Fantasy VII) - I don't remember what proud clod can do

That one was my fault. 
http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php/topic,188.msg173671.html#msg173671
For the writeup.