Register

Author Topic: Examining Final Fantasy Brave Exvius  (Read 23501 times)

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
Re: Examining Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
« Reply #125 on: March 18, 2017, 12:06:20 AM »
Got the 5-man and no items missions done for Gilgamesh.  For 5-man used my same team as above without a friend unit.  Bartz used Gale barrage with Holy Lance and Golem Staff to cover Wind, Holy, and Earth.  Luneth used Water Strike with Coral Sword and Chirijidan to cover Water, Thunder, and Fire.  Needless to say this was slow as fuck, doing less than 5% damage per turn.  But it worked, mainly because I kept Provoke up at the hp thresholds so Gilgamesh would use his instant kill on Cecil instead of someone useful.

Using Firion on Ifrit Raid with Tamer's Whip and Ifrit esper for massive bonuses.  I can kill Pro in 1 round reliably so just doing that instead of crazy Elite version.  Used the Escape trick to get the missions done for Elite though.

Now I guess I just TM farm the rest of the week.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 20, 2017, 05:47:56 AM »
Hit my 60th achievement, and my first Ruler Ring is in the oven.  I'll need to spam Fire Shrine for more megacrysts before I make another.  Aiming for 4 in total.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 21, 2017, 06:38:07 PM »
So, FFT Banner 2 just got announced.  Gamebreaker for the next 8+ months as the 5* base (and whales will want two of him), paired with three awful units.

...I think I'm just going to wait until another banner he shows up in before I chase.  It's GOT to be better, and I have two Olives already.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 21, 2017, 07:40:38 PM »
You have so many good 5-star bases you don't need to chase anything ever.  Meanwhile I'm sitting here with my single rainbow crystal pulled since the beginning of the game.  I'd be happy with a fucking Delita at this point just to break my luck streak.

And yeah Tactics banner is horrible.  Orlandeau is overrated, especially with Olive out already.  Player's Choice banner is so much better.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2017, 07:28:46 PM »
If nothing else, I'm probably going to pull until I get two Laurences, since the Monster Armor is a decent enough substitute for the Brave Suit for my uses, once I properly finish TM farming.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2017, 09:03:44 PM »
This is already better than the last 3 events.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2017, 12:15:49 AM »
Oh yeah, first daily draw gave me...  Yet another Shera.  Oh well, one more for the pile I guess.

03/27 EDIT: So!  Nephew just came into my room and told me he drew another 5*.  I asked him what it was.  He said it was his second Olive...  So now our accounts are a lot alike again.

03/28 EDIT: Just a thought, but...  Not only is this event easier, but it also has less things that are interesting enough to buy?  Rare Summon Tickets, Star Quartz, Screamroot, Durandal, and then...  What?

Also dropped 10 Summon Tickets so I could get two Laurences.  I doubt I'll be getting Ramza anytime soon, so his Demon Mail is the next best thing for Olive.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 01:13:41 AM by Magic Fanatic »

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 31, 2017, 05:02:13 AM »
Finished Ifrit Raid.  Got 11 Follower's Oath, 3 Hydalean Guard, and 1.8 Shard of Genius.  Gonna finish that last Shard with TM farming because it is so lovely on Refia.

FFT is so crazy easy.  Like it's been a week and I've almost bought everything.  Make sure you get the First Strike material and the Kiyomori (it has 10% evasion built in).  Pity the trust moogles got nerfed, but at least they're easy to get in this event.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 03, 2017, 10:53:40 AM »
I guess my long drought of 5-stars was worth the wait.  Today's daily draw:

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 03, 2017, 11:20:58 AM »
So, saw the new messages that got put up today.

New event's 5* Fryevia's TMR...  Because Exdeath stopped being the best caster in the game.
New event's 4* Xon's TMR...  New counter ability?
New event's 3* Aiden's TMR...  Because Refia stopped being clearly the best healer in the game.

Seriously, with that sword in hand...  Exdeath's BiS is probably Mateus's Malice/Fryevia's Needle/Survivor Helm/Monster Breastplate/Genji Glove/Magistral Crest with 4x Letters and Arms.  Trades out Auto-Refresh for Auto-Regen (Losing Trade), but gets a LOT more durability in return.  If I calculated it right against Dark Fina's current BIS, they have...  The exact same MAG, so Exdeath will win in some cases just because of his damage increasing passive, while Dark Fina might win in others because of her Auto-Refresh.

Of course, I'm sure this becomes a moot point once enhancements come out, but still.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 03, 2017, 01:57:36 PM »
To hell with Exdeath, Bartz loves that weapon for Wind Shear.

Meiousei

• Glaive Slasher
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 03, 2017, 10:03:42 PM »
I need to finish leveling Luneth and Elza then TM Zidane. and actually get some TMs going. I'm being too lazy due to overbloat.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2017, 10:07:40 PM »
So, we get different first ability awakenings than Japan.  I think Seven is the best of the bunch.  Osmoselash is a free win in Arena, and Elementalash works great with Olive, Freyvia, or fire-chain teams.

Meiousei

• Glaive Slasher
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 12, 2017, 07:20:09 AM »
if I can get one. >_> seriously. my luck with Seven is null. with my F2P account possibly gone, I am at my wit's end on getting it on the paid one.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2017, 02:04:58 PM »
So, new Dangerous Ariana event dropped.  Already completed all the missions on it with a party of Noctis/Elza/WoL/Refia/DA/RW Ace.  Ace spent most of the fight silenced but popped out 14K Jackpot Lasers on occasion, WoL moonlighted as a second healer with the White Cape as an accessory and Cura, Elza dropped about 14K damage a turn with a Twin Lance/Thunder Spear combo, Noctis contributed about 4K/turn himself, and Refia was near MVP.

...Now I have a second Ariana.  Should I bother leveling/gearing her up, or is it just grinding for a second Symphonic Flair if anyone wants to?

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2017, 02:18:47 PM »
I wouldn't bother actively using her.  She's really meant for new players.  Ramza might like the TM?  It's fairly niche.

Meiousei

• Glaive Slasher
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2017, 04:55:56 PM »
I don't know, having her and Ling helped me beat her second highest node (not the highest one yet). having the atk boost on my attack team (level 100 Lightning, level 100 Luneth, level 83 Elza) along with Ling doing her own thing has helped me a bit.

Edit: Also thanks for the tip. My Ramza will be greatly happy since I'm leveling him and Seven off to the side.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 04:58:00 PM by Meiousei »

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 15, 2017, 07:26:19 PM »
So I decided to drop all 19 of my tickets on this banner in an attempt to get Xon, since he seems useful.

Failed to get him, but...  Well, I can't complain.  The rest of my haul:

Lots of trash.
3x Aiden (Easier Vestment farming!)
Rosa (Trash)
Gaffgarion (Another Bracer for my Olives.)
Luneth (I can't explain this one)

Meiousei

• Glaive Slasher
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 15, 2017, 09:45:51 PM »
oh I fused all mines.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 16, 2017, 09:33:35 PM »
Well my initial strategy against Dark Ifrit and Siren didn't work so well.  So I decided to save myself some effort and just used this guy as a carry: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/65iuwr/vortex_of_trials_dark_espers_carry_strategy_part_5/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=FFBraveExvius

Still need to do the Summon Ifrit and Siren mission, but I'll do that when there's no grind event on.  So never.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 18, 2017, 01:46:02 PM »
FF6 event!  I get to 6-star Kefka to reward him for carrying me during the early days.  And yeah Setzer's Fixed Dice are *those* Fixed Dice.  He's a good pull.

Meiousei

• Glaive Slasher
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2017, 08:52:40 AM »
well got the f2p account back so yay I get to play with this. nothing can go wrong! (it will trust me). specially since FF6 was my very first FF. and remains my fav to this day. :(

Meiousei

• Glaive Slasher
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2017, 05:02:20 AM »
Update: Well due to Magic telling me to spend a bit more money to make sure I wouldn't lose the F2P account, I spent a bit. Got Trance Terra AND Seltzer within them. Well now I'm very happy. Edit: Well save the fact that account needs a LOT of work as it is both undergeared and underleveled.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 21, 2017, 06:36:03 AM »
I just said like $5, not that much more than that!

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 21, 2017, 03:21:19 PM »
Enabler!