Author Topic: Examining Final Fantasy Brave Exvius  (Read 23484 times)

Meiousei

• Glaive Slasher
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Examining Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2017, 06:22:17 PM »
>_> It was only $5! That account was rarely used so I had a backlog of lapis. I put ONLY $5 to make sure I won't lose it again as per Magic's advice.

Btw, Why would I spend more when the CCC event in FGO is getting ready to happen? That's kinda stupid don'tcha think?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 06:28:22 PM by Meiousei »

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2017, 06:30:31 PM »
Well, at least you're not me yet.

And yeah, I'm trying to do a good job managing my money too.  At least this'll help protect your account after that scare earlier.

Meiousei

• Glaive Slasher
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 21, 2017, 06:40:06 PM »
It was my fault. I screwed up and bound the wrong account to my cellphone, so when I didn't see it, I had to contact support. Since I only spent  .99 cents on it before, that and the fact I couldn't remember what else aside from a few characters, it took a bit.

When it was done, I spent .99 cents and 5 dollars to ensure I wouldn't lose it again. So I have 3 emails of purchases so I won't lose it again. So I decided to roll after that.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2017, 12:40:51 PM »
Finished Leon's TM.  That and Large Sword Mastery from Dark Esper trial bring Luneth up to 845 attack with Ifrit.  Going to work on an Excalibur next since I have Orlandeau.  Luckily Cecil's already at 30% from fusing.

Meiousei

• Glaive Slasher
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2017, 04:46:52 PM »
Ugh. All my saved NRG in one day got drained from doing story / floating continent / chamber of awakening at work. And yet I still am too far away on the F2P account to do anything. Also I love how Setzer's move is either 1 or 77777. It's VERY useful.

Oh also, I'm hearing Orlandeau is decent in this event, is it true?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 04:50:25 PM by Meiousei »

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 27, 2017, 10:31:19 PM »
So, Psycho Clown down.

Noctis L100 - Kiyomori/Blood Sword/Soul Crown/Golden Vest/Genji Glove/Jeweled Ring - Follower's Oath x4 - Ifrit
Elza L100 - Twin Lance/Lad Mirazh/Tiger Mask/Black Belt Gi/Hero's Ring/Hero's Ring - Tablet of Ruin/ATK +25%/Dual Wield - Diabolos
Cecil L100 - Gigas Axe/Snowstorm Shield/Survivor Helm/Force Armor/Defender's Bracer/Muscle Belt - Guardian's Authority/MP +10%/Destroyer's Authority/Follower's Oath - Golem
Refia L100 - Rune Staff/Circlet/Magi Robe/Mythril Gloves/Gold Armlet - Winter Ward/Demonic Life/HP +15%/Mana's Protection - Ramuh
Tilith L80 - Circlet/Sage's Robe/Gold Armlet/Vitality Apparatus - HP +30%/MP +20%/Mana's Blessing - Carbuncle
RW: Noctis with a Second Knife and another NE weapon.

This was a fun fight, even if the only one consistently doing damage was Elza when Clown went into Ice-Weak mode.  All stars done, too.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 05, 2017, 03:39:15 AM »
This was my setup for Kefka:

Ling (Survival Edges, Soul Crown, Vestment of Mind, Tornado Ring, Squall Ring)[HP+15%, HP+15%, HP+15%, Demonic Life]<Titan>

Sakura (Wizard Rod, Creepy Mask, Siren's Robe, Water God's Amulet, Domination Ring)[Encore, Mag+10%, Mag+10%, Mag+10%]<Ramuh>

Cecil (Gigantaxe, Dragon Shield, Grand Helm, Force Armor, Muscle Belt, Cupid's Sandals)[Hydaelyn Guard, Hydaelyn Guard, Hydaelyn Guard, HP+15%]<Diabolos>

Celes (Bloodsword, Snowstorm Shield, Festival Cap, Festival Robe, Quake Ring, Domination Ring)[Follower's Oath, Follower's Oath, Follower's Oath, Follower's Oath]<Ifrit>

Refia (Aura Staff, Cat-ear Hood, Cupid's Robe, Domination Ring, Domination Ring)[Dualcast, Spirit+10%, Hp+15%, Shard of Genius]<Carbuncle>

Ling used Daunting Step every odd turn, and Invigorate Dance or Dance of Life on even turns. Sakura used Defensive Barrier every three turns, and either Thunder's Protection or attacked on other turns. Cecil used Focus every three turns, and mostly attacked otherwise. Celes used Sealing Blade every single turn. Refia Curajaed every turn, occasionally Esuna'd Ling. Friend Noctis mostly attacked and used Cover. This Noctis was the only friend I could find without an elemental weapon equipped btw. Stop putting fucking Excalibur on your friend unit the week of an enemy immune to light damage.

So the setup here is minimize your elemental weaknesses and play super defensively. With Defensive Barrier, Daunting Step, and Focus up, nothing Kefka does can kill you. Sealing Blade keeps him from dispelling Daunting Step. You must keep his attack broken at all times. Other than that, just a very slow grind to build up the esper gauge twice. Then after both espers are used, wait until he's Dark-weak. Armiger with Noctis and use Void Vessel with the other 5 for the kill and all achievements. You could do this without Void Vessel easily enough, would just take longer. Got all missions in one shot.

==================

Got pretty much everything but all Purecrysts from the FF6 event.  Got all the Trust Moogles, and one Power Purecryst.

Meiousei

• Glaive Slasher
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 05, 2017, 04:34:47 AM »
CK. Magic. I'm hearing from Reddit that Facebook might be cracking down on fake accounts. Given the names I use (one is based on my FF14 account and one is one for my gaming account), I am a bit worried about losing my accounts (the F2P and the Paid accounts).

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 05, 2017, 04:51:59 AM »
There's two ID numbers for your account.  I think one is on the title screen under support.  The other is in menu hidden somewhere.  Write those down and your friend code in case you lose account.

Facebook blows and it sucks that's the only login for this game.  I use Google Play to log in my other games but this game doesn't link to Google Play.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 05, 2017, 05:06:59 AM »
Today's half price draw.

Rainbow Crystal.
"Yay, I finally have a 5* base black magic user!"
Nope, I get to enjoy a second Gilgamesh.  I can't even be mad about it because his TMR is still good!
That said, I've been particularly lazy during this event.  I just...  Don't feel motivated at all.

That said, got Olive's TMR done, now to just get TMRs done for...  Half a dozen other characters.  Plus another Olive.  And I still need to draw another Bartz, because I was dumb and fused all my Bartzs into one character before I drew my second Olive.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 05:12:03 AM by Magic Fanatic »

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 05, 2017, 06:05:02 AM »
You're like the Snow of FFBE.

Meiousei

• Glaive Slasher
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 05, 2017, 06:10:35 AM »
You know that's not a good thing, right?

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 05, 2017, 09:22:48 AM »
I do indeed.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 05, 2017, 08:34:41 PM »
...Dare I ask how I'm like the Snow of FFBE?

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 06, 2017, 12:28:42 AM »
Your luck with gacha is stupidly good.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 06, 2017, 03:35:47 AM »
I threw like 60+ Tickets and all daily summons into the Trance Terra Banner, came out without her.  I did get a bunch of Setzer's, finished off Terra's TMR, got Kefka up quite a bit, among other things...including like 4 Rosas (yay, 4* base that caps at 5*...)

Then being upset and depressed at what just happened unrelated to BE, I decided to do a POOR LIEF DECISION and throw 5k Lapis (I had over 8k Lapis) for an 11 pull...

...and got Trance Terra.

That took the sting out of what happened yesterday a bit, and yay, my first legitimate 5* Base!
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 06, 2017, 09:21:28 AM »
And now for tales from "What the hell, FFBE?":

Wake up at 3 AM because I have to be to work in a few hours and I take a long time to get going.

3 AM CST is when the daily draw in FFBE resets.  I can't resist dropping Lapis for the daily draw, even though this banner is kinda bad.

Open FFBE.  Go through whatever menus to get the daily draw to work.  Submit Lapis for Daily Draw.

Rainbow Crystal.  "Oh hey, I've heard that Aileen is useful, so I could probably make use-"

Nope.  Hi second Noctis.

And this has been tales from "What the hell, FFBE?"

Meiousei

• Glaive Slasher
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 06, 2017, 05:41:30 PM »
My hatred grows more for you everyday, Magic.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 06, 2017, 05:56:32 PM »
You might even be worse than Snow.  That is truly impressive.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 07, 2017, 05:15:58 AM »
I'm not sure if what you said is actually possible.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 08, 2017, 10:22:44 PM »
So, nephew came over from school today and told me he got Aileen.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 08, 2017, 11:29:02 PM »
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2017, 04:55:17 PM »
Woot more global exclusives.  Gumi's sprite artist is really killing it.  Also surprise Bartz enhancements, which only I care about.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 12, 2017, 11:50:10 PM »
So.

Freak out about the Bahamut raid coming.  Stress getting two Edgars to L60 for Chainsaw for my 800 ATK Olive to combo off of and then do cheesy escape strats for.

...Find out that I can clear ELT with my normal content-clearing (Noctis/Elza/Cecil/Refia/Tilith) team.  Well that was a lot of stressing for nothing.

Also amusing: anything that's mono-Lightning is completely SCREWED if I just bring one 5* max - Kuja.  It's not really necessary, but it's funny to think about.

EDIT: Also, took a party of Olive/Edgar/Edgar/Bartz/Ariana to the Two-Headed Dragon Trial.  Dealt 800K damage in two turns, boss killed everyone but Bartz, and then Mortar Beacon kill the dragon on turn 3.  Not sure if it's worth retrying the trial for just 20 Lapis.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 01:18:14 AM by Magic Fanatic »

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 13, 2017, 04:45:45 AM »
Got Zyrus on the daily draw.  Then saw that you get his TM for free from raid coins and dumped the rest of my tickets to get another.  And got... crap.  A lot of crap.  Ah well.