imageRegister

Author Topic: Examining Final Fantasy Brave Exvius  (Read 23508 times)

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
Re: Examining Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2017, 12:41:19 PM »
Think she'll be future-proof at all?  Like, will mages ever be at least comparable to physical attackers, or are they just relegated to the halls of suck?

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2017, 01:58:03 PM »
Not so much suck as slightly inferior.  Element chaining is still the best way to large amounts of damage.  But that requires putting effort into timing, whereas physical attackers can just autoattack and faceroll things.  Or do chains with Edgar if they want to see really huge numbers.

If you want her, pull for her, but she's not much of an upgrade over Exdeath.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2017, 04:15:36 PM »
Ariana Grande is going to be a character in FFBE.  Sadly I am not making this up.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOvRzItlGGH/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOvV7qMFAC7/?hl=en

Seems I jumped out at the right time.
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2017, 05:48:36 PM »
Made it through the crashfest that is Dark Fina event.  Turned off all graphics effects in Options, equipped Charm Bangle for fewer encounters, cleared cache and restarted my phone before each exploration.  Sadly all of that was necessary.

Fina herself was dangerous, with high aoe damage and status effects.  Would have been easier if I took items to cure stone.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2017, 04:41:16 AM »
I don't know what it is, but I never had the Aquapolis event crash on me.  In fact, I've had the arena crash on me more often than Aquapolis.

That said, Dark Fina down.  Elza/Lightning/WoL/Tilith/BC Lid/RW Gilgamesh.  Missed out on the No KO Lapis because she snuck in a kill on BC Lid early in the fight, but I only used one Phoenix Down and two Turbo Ethers for the fight.

What REALLY helped was me crafting Stona and sticking that on WoL - I got more use out of that than I care to admit, though I did bring Gold Needles.  Outside of that, Dark Fina was nowhere near as dangerous as I thought she'd be.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2017, 05:57:32 PM »
Finished maxing out all of Bartz's stats with pots.  Will have Dual Wield TM for him next week.  Best Waifu is go.

Used a few tickets on the current banner to get some bonus units.  Pretty impressed with Seven overall.  Very nice element debuffer with ridonkulous hp.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2017, 02:31:39 AM »
Used five tickets on the banner when it all started, plus daily pulls.

Got three Treys.

Current farming party for Akademia is Elza/Noctis (6*80ish)/Tilith/Trey/Try/RW Seven or Ace.  Elza/Noctis/Tilith are enough to end everything in the event, so I can soak up all the extra Phantasma.

Speaking of that, I bought all the Rare Summon Tickets and Star Quarts.  Plan on getting Insult to Injury for if I ever get a Seven, and Trust Moogles are Trust Moogles for Zidane's TMR.  What else is worth it and what is a trap?

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2017, 03:03:53 AM »
Seems like most of the stuff is pretty good this time.  Ace's unique skill works with dual wield, but you can probably skip it because it requires pulling Ace and is not a major loss anyway.

Ariana event is going to be grinding of some sort also, but probably not too time consuming.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2017, 10:11:33 PM »
Are any of the Lunar New Year units (Yun, Ling, Xiao) any good?~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2017, 10:49:48 PM »
Ling's now considered the best debuffer in the game, with the caveat that she can't do anything else if she's maintaining her debuffs.  Yun's damage is purported to be really good, and Xiao apparently becomes a counter machine with good damage attached.

Ling > Yun > Xiao (for all that the only new thing about Xiao is her now Global-exclusive 6☆ form), but Xiao's the lowest at 11.5 on Exvius Wiki rankings, when the highest is a 13.

So yeah, they're all good.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2017, 01:12:53 AM »
Xiao's a decent damage dealer if you're hurting in that department.  Inferior to other 6 stars, but requires very little in the way of gear to be acceptable.  Yun is good but probably not as good as other 5 star bases (kind of Dracu Lasswell level).  Ling is a really unusual unit but she is pretty nifty.

Blew tickets and got Ling, I think she'll be good in the arena.  Finished everything in the new event except for Elite Great Nian Beast.  Got him down to <20% and then he went crazy on me.  You really need to burst him down from about 30% to zero or you're gonna have problems.  Also still grinding Ariana ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) because the game refuses to give me Face Powder.

I'll probably spend most of the week doing the most expensive Ariana dungeon because it's like doing Cactaur Dunes with a lot more rank xp.  The easiest Nian exploration is really nice though for megacrysts.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2017, 10:34:41 AM »
In Xiao's favor, like the good Captain said, the stronger she gets, the less she needs a weapon...  But given her poor weapon selection the only weapon that would be better for her than her 3☆L1 Passive would be her own TMR.  At 6☆100, she has 131 ATK...  Which means that if she goes unarmed, she's getting a bonus of 65 ATK right now (up to 78 with maximum pot increases), which dwarfs every other fist in the game.  The only other fist that would be useful for her at max level would be the Winged Saint from the FF13 event, just for the defense bonuses.

That said, her ideal non-TMR equipment loadout would probably look something like Non/Non/Tiger Mask (for more ATK) or Green Beret (for more DEF/HP)/Black Belt Gi/Hero Ring/Hero Ring.  That would put her at around...  What, 306 ATK?  Add in 4x ATK +10%s, and that brings her to 358, and then Ifrit is another 52ish ATK, so...  410 ATK with non-TMR stuff?

EDIT: Also finally finished out the fights for the Great Nian Beast Attacks.  Missions: Defeat Nian with a Limit Burst, Defeat with an Esper, and Defeat with an Item.  I'm just happy I managed to get all three in one go.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 07:40:26 AM by Magic Fanatic »

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2017, 10:06:15 PM »
Also beat the Nian Beast, but for some reason it didn't give me credit for kill with an esper, so I'll have to do it again.  Team of Bartz, Ling, Exdeath, Refia, Luneth, friend Noctis.

Same team also beat March of the Beasts trial.  That was a long mess.  Used Ling almost exclusively for party MP refill.  Also used Bartz+Refia human elixir combo to refill everyone on bosses that could be Stopped/Paralyzed.  You cannot do Europa without Barthundara or equivalent.  He quintuple-acts and it is a hell of a lot of damage.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2017, 03:56:03 PM »
So FFBE-GL is getting the Secret of Mana collab.  This is interesting news.

If Randi and Purim turn out to be good enough, I may just dump a bunch a tickets on that banner, regardless of Orlandu on the next FFT.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2017, 05:24:46 PM »
So FFBE-GL is getting the Secret of Mana collab.  This is interesting news.

If Randi and Purim turn out to be good enough, I may just dump a bunch a tickets on that banner, regardless of Orlandu on the next FFT.

Randi is a very very strong physical attacker if you 6 star him and unlock all his stuff.
But Orlandu is still better. Thunder God Cid's damage is still ridiculous in this game with Holy Explosion. Also a good slugfest character due to parastic healing. he can also handle some debuff as well.
He also has stupidly good syngery with Light Velias. They can just unload some very ridiculous light damage when standing next to each other.

But I recommend on pulling Demon Fina first if you don't have her yet. She is THE best offensive mage in game at this point, even in the Jp. version that is much ahead then the western version.
You pretty much just need her and you are done with mage forever in this game.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2017, 05:30:30 PM »
Dark Fina banner already passed, and she's not significantly better than Exdeath in global (Ingus TM stacks in Global, doesn't in Japan).

Orlandu is probably being delayed based on what's been revealed so far.  Seriously did not expect them to drop SoM at this point in time.

Randi barely got his enhancements in Japan so we're looking at a good six months until those get here.

That axe is pretty nifty, pity I never pulled Mercedes.

EDIT:  Just looked at their stats, geez these guys are terrible.  We are way powercreeped past this banner.  Randi's TM is nice but certainly not wow.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 07:08:30 PM by Captain K »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2017, 12:46:19 AM »
Terrible? You mean terribly adorable! I must have them!  ;D

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2017, 01:34:36 AM »
Apparently Randi becomes one of the best DH users in the game...  Now if only uses of DH actually stacked.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2017, 04:42:14 AM »
I GOT 100 WIN STREAK IN ARENA!!!

Had two close calls, one where Bartz had to solo three people, and also this wonderful first turn:

Now I can proceed to not care about Arena anymore.  Well, unless I want the achievements.  Speaking of which, I'm up to 52 achievements, so I can at least get the first tier of post-Hero Ring rings.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2017, 05:02:39 AM »
Terrible? You mean my taste! I must have them!  ;D
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2017, 03:29:48 PM »
First daily draw of the SoM banner, it's a Rainbow!...

...It's a Trollbow.  Charlotte.  Aside from that, got one Primm and a whole bunch of Popois.

EDIT: ALSO, warning: have good magic damage for PRO and ELT - if you don't, there's a boss on 5/7 that reduces a 600 ATK recruit to like 60 damage/turn, is immune to physical defense debuffing, can ID your people with Swallow, and only has a status vulnerability of 10% Paralysis.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 04:15:42 PM by Magic Fanatic »

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2017, 05:50:24 PM »
Hybrid attacks do full damage to the Dread Slime.  I'm wrecking it with Bartz's Wind Shear.  But yeah magic teams are good in general for this event.

*Sees Dark Lich
*Remembers that boss having good music
*turns volume up on phone
*HAPPINESS

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2017, 02:09:10 AM »
I've got Happiness on the Mana Beast's theme, myself.

So I burnt tickets on the New Year's Banner until I got Ling.

Got her with 11 tickets, and along the way I got another Zidane, Seven (which I had the forethought of picking up her unique Materia from the Type-0 event), Luka, and then burned another 5ish tickets on the SoM banner just so I had an even multiple of 10, and got another Primm.

EDIT: ...Okay, how does Bartz need to be set up to basically solo the event?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 10:49:35 PM by Magic Fanatic »

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2017, 12:18:38 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5s86mm/can_bartz_carry_elt_mana_mystery_5_level_1_bonus/

This is a 634 attack Bartz which is a lot of TMs.  A more realistic one could probably solo Pro but not Elite.

I have a disturbing lack of Randi friends.  Other than Grefter of course.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2017, 02:08:02 AM »
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.