Author Topic: Proving Grounds Interm - M/H - 100% Tied approved obscura  (Read 1086 times)

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
Proving Grounds Interm - M/H - 100% Tied approved obscura
« on: November 21, 2016, 06:58:11 AM »
See the H/G Topic.

Duelers in this pool:
Elliot Craig (CS2) - Timid musically inclined kid, with massive healing reserves and stalling tactics
Gespent (WA3) - Prays for no FF5 Bards
Igornak (SH3) - A non-scrub Iggy that's also an early game boss!
Jude (WA4) - Shoot, boost, Car-slicer
Ryoma (FE: Fates) - Lobster Lord Raijinto Ryoma

Elliot Craig vs. Lady Harken
Elliot Craig vs. Lyon (S5)
Elliot Craig vs. Ike
Elliot Craig vs. Geno
Elliot Craig vs. Alicia
Elliot Craig vs. Fujin
Elliot Craig vs. Vayne Aurelius
Elliot Craig vs. Margulis

Gespent vs. Lady Harken
Gespent vs. Lyon (S5)
Gespent vs. Ike
Gespent vs. Geno
Gespent vs. Alicia
Gespent vs. Fujin
Gespent vs. Vayne Aurelius
Gespent vs. Margulis

Igornak vs. Lady Harken
Igornak vs. Lyon (S5)
Igornak vs. Ike
Igornak vs. Geno
Igornak vs. Alicia
Igornak vs. Fujin
Igornak vs. Vayne Aurelius
Igornak vs. Margulis

Jude vs. Lady Harken
Jude vs. Lyon (S5)
Jude vs. Ike
Jude vs. Geno
Jude vs. Alicia
Jude vs. Fujin
Jude vs. Vayne Aurelius
Jude vs. Margulis

Ryoma vs. Lady Harken
Ryoma vs. Lyon (S5)
Ryoma vs. Ike
Ryoma vs. Geno
Ryoma vs. Alicia
Ryoma vs. Fujin
Ryoma vs. Vayne Aurelius
Ryoma vs. Margulis
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Proving Grounds Interm - M/H - 100% Tied approved obscura
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 08:04:36 AM »
Gespent vs. Lady Harken - WA1o Harken was all physical IIRC
Gespent vs. Lyon (S5) - Might see her OHKOing, might see him whiffing on Corpse Claw due to a parry, not really inclined to make a judgment call in the scrubby in-game boss's favor.
Gespent vs. Ike - I might be ameniable to seeing FE10 blessed weapons getting around Gespent's physical immunity?  He uh very definitely needs this though.  And his damage is worse than Lyon's so it may not be enough anyways, sure.
Gespent vs. Geno - ID
Gespent vs. Vayne Aurelius - physical immunity.

Igornak vs. Lady Harken
Igornak vs. Lyon (S5) - well if elfboy thinks she just misses the OHKO here to him she probably has it to me.
Igornak vs. Ike
Igornak vs. Geno

Jude vs. Lady Harken
Jude vs. Lyon (S5) - Vermillion Sky OHKOs
Jude vs. Ike
Jude vs. Geno - Short Circuit hype?  I really don't think so.
Jude vs. Vayne Aurelius - I think he can put out just enough damage under Overrealm to pull this off?

Ryoma vs. Lady Harken
Ryoma vs. Lyon (S5) - e: evade tilts, right
Ryoma vs. Ike - Nihil likely screws up too much here, Ike 2HKOs him with Ragnell off of above average accuracy and considering Ryoma can't double that's bad.
Ryoma vs. Geno - More ID.
Ryoma vs. Vayne Aurelius
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 05:00:54 PM by Random Consonant »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 11:12:01 AM »
Jude vs. Lyon (S5)
Jude vs. Ike- Too much defense and evasion offhand, even with Jude being physically tanky.
Jude vs. Geno- ID.
Jude vs. Alicia- Alicia is hideously vunerable to Assault Buster nonsense.
Jude vs. Fujin- Surely.
Jude vs. Vayne Aurelius- Kneejerk.
Jude vs. Margulis- Margulis is quite durable and resistant to AB.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 02:38:15 PM »
Elliot Craig vs. Lady Harken - I'm pretty sure Elliot just gets overwhelmed. Not only is Harken much faster, but Maximum Risk means Elliot at some point has to try and bust past it and he just doesn't have the damage to really clear the fatal range. On the plus side, he does hit a weakness!
Elliot Craig vs. Lyon (S5) - Think this depends on how you see Yellow Scarf interacting against stat busts? Elliot can use either Dark Matter or Shining to put a damper on the physicals and it works wonders here in conjunction with Detector Alpha. It forces Lyon to use her magic, which eats the massive damage nerf. Lyon can try waiting it out but Elliot has way more resources and doesn't really mind the stall fest. If you see the scarf catching stat busts, Lyon probably heal locks with a physical or something, and doesn't give Elliot any room to maneuver.
Elliot Craig vs. Ike - Ike Doubles. This is a really big problem because he also likely goes first and just heal locks. Assuming he doesn't, even with Detector Alpha, Elliot can't recover fast enough to heal himself, boost his evade or create space to bust Ike's move. His best chance is to roll a 60% chance to sleep with Blue Nocturne. Don't think that meets my turn 1 threshold, but its close.
Elliot Craig vs. Geno - Elliot blocks ID so Geno has to win through damage. The problem is, even after boosting, his good damage costs a considerable amount of FP. I'm not sure he can kill Elliot with his physical, especially after eating an attack nuke from Detector or dealing with Shining's Evade boost.
Elliot Craig vs. Alicia - This is a potential endless fight, since Elliot does have crafts that heal (Alicia meanwhile doesn't use any). However, Elliot has chances of status attached to some of his spells and Alicia can't block Sleep. So some combination of status eventually wrecks her is my guess.
Elliot Craig vs. Fujin - Way too much status for Elliot to handle. Elliot has to block Poison/Silence/Confuse at the same time and I don't think he can. Missing anyone is lethal since Fujin just casts Pain/Confuse, then Sai and then poke to win.
Elliot Craig vs. Vayne Aurelius - Oh man. Spoils Vayne's gameplan with his healing S-craft. This shuts down Overrealm pretty much since Elliot can tap in and full heal inbetween it. Rest of his skillset just gets walled by Detector Alpha's stat nuking. Glorious.
Elliot Craig vs. Margulis - Um yeah...ACALA SEAL hype. ID's notes doesn't list any charge up, so he begin charging for it the very turn he gets. Elliot doesn't really have the damage to take Margy down in 4 turns.

4-4. Did better than I think. Elliot's probably more mid-Heavyish then, which is neat. We haven't had a decent stalling type PC for a while!

Gespent vs. Lady Harken - Harken is all physical. RIP.
Gespent vs. Lyon (S5) - Yeah, I can buy Random's argument
Gespent vs. Ike - Actually, I think NIHIL has a better case of shutting down Gespent's physical immunity. It interacts with Ashera's auras by removing their passive trait (or reflecting damage), so you can kinda argue that Nihil should catch Gespent's dark aura as well. Problem is, Ike needs to dodge at least 1 Corpse Claw and while Gespent isn't terribly accurate, and Ike himself doesn't have the greatest evasion. EDIT: I'll go with the more likely scenario I suppose; since Ike needs a lot of interp calls.
Gespent vs. Geno - Corpse Claw'd
Gespent vs. Alicia -  EDIT: Oh right, holy component on weapons in VP2 deal magic damage. So Alicia very slowly grinds out a victory since Gespent can't kill her.
Gespent vs. Fujin - This is pathetic beyond words. Fujin mainly has Wind magic which gets halved BUT she also has that OPB Meteor, which probably lets her win the damage race.
Gespent vs. Vayne Aurelius - Pure physicals against Gespent. Part 3!
Gespent vs. Margulis - Rakta spam eventually wins this, even though it means Margy can't do anything for half the fight. NEB's notes say he has like 4.63x MDur - even halved, that's way too much for Gespent's puny damage to really gain any real traction.

5-3; coinflip type matches on Lyon/Ike. Spoiler package of hell. Loses if you counter the spoiling, but its' strong.

Igornak vs. Lady Harken - So part of Iggy's problem is that his OHKO Double requires the use of his 3 hit physical. This rams straight into Harken's Parry and evasion and probably means that he won't deal the full damage. That's looking at a very dangerous Maximum Risk territory. Alternatively, he can try chipping before the Double. However, Harken is faster and probably kills first even then.
Igornak vs. Lyon (S5) - Similar problem as with Harken. Lyon is slower, but should 2HKO more safely. Not sure what Iggy can do here.
Igornak vs. Ike - Both 2HKO each other I think - but Ike should have initiative (2 range + Iggy's bad opening turn) and has evade.
Igornak vs. Geno -  After Boost, he should have the defense to live through the Double and be able to capitalize on the lag time.
Igornak vs. Alicia - Don't think 20% Dark Res is enough for this. Iggy heal locks the moment he hits pretty much.
Igornak vs. Fujin - Massive damage difference. Iggy doesn't like losing the first turn, but he probably doesn't care here anyway.
Igornak vs. Vayne Aurelius - Uh not sure.  Vayne wins for sure if he pulls off Over realm, but that half turn charge means Iggy will smack him with the Double before hand. But...Vayne's HP is pretty good and Iggy's OHKO is like a 50/50 anyway. So.
Igornak vs. Margulis - Major durability difference is my kneejerk. Lack of MT also means Shadows may be worth deploying here too, which can cause Iggy a bunch of problems.

2-6. Oof. Looks more of a Low Heavy - I think this field's pretty strong personally, and maybe these aren't Iggy's preferred opponents. Still think he's better though.

Jude vs. Lady Harken - <Harken> lolno
Jude vs. Lyon (S5) - EDIT: 2HKOs at absolute worse. Probably OHKOs. Jude? I'm not so sure. Does he even 3HKO? Lyon has decent speed and some evade I thought.
Jude vs. Ike - Ike has like, good defense, some evade and above average speed >_>. And he counters. It's like Harken part 2.
Jude vs. Geno - Geno's speed pretty much nukes Assault Buster. This isn't even getting to the fact that he goes first, has boost and hits the right defense.
Jude vs. Alicia - *shreds*. Alicia is the type of target Jude thrives best on.
Jude vs. Fujin - Fujin's like 80% speed or something, so I think Jude pokes, boosted AB and kills.
Jude vs. Vayne Aurelius - Let me think about this; not sure.
Jude vs. Margulis - Yeah, Margy is durable enough for this I think. The shadows are kind of a pain here too since Jude has no legit MT to swat them down.

2-5. About what you expect. Fun borderliner. His game gets less solid in upper division due to the many variables that can mess around with Assault Buster and his egregious Mdef does him no favors.

Ryoma vs. Lady Harken - Yeah, I think Harken doubles? And she's pretty accurate IIRC, so this feels open and shut.
Ryoma vs. Lyon (S5) - Setting Sun's ID is like 70% according to the S5 topic. If not turn 1, certainly turn 2 and Lyon should survive a single Ryoma hit (she won't get doubled).
Ryoma vs. Ike - Feels like a toss up, but Ike should have a slight advantage due to Nihil. Ryoma has an argument with crits but Ike's basically more durable and Ryoma's evade boost doesn't work on the enemy phase.
Ryoma vs. Geno - Geno Whirl. The End.
Ryoma vs. Alicia - Using Snowfire's interps (combined cast average), means that Alicia is pretty much heal locked from the get go and eventually dies to an Astra or crit proc.
Ryoma vs. Fujin - Goes first, and kills with a Double.
Ryoma vs. Vayne Aurelius - Think the evade is too much for Vayne. Could be argued.
Ryoma vs. Margulis - I don't see the Raijinto as Lightning elemental. For all that, this is pretty messy. Counters/Astra/Crits should tip this in his favor I think? Not sure if clones really help Margy since Ryoma probably OHKOs them and they cause him to take 2.75x more damage; even with the healing, I dunno.

4-4. Can't really deal with upper end Heavies, but he's a strong enough mid-carder FE Heavy.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 01:41:46 PM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 12:37:17 AM »

Elliot Craig vs. Lyon (S5): physical heal lock? He could respond with Altair Canon, which would reduce her magic damage significantly and when paired with his regen should easily let him survive a physical->Vermillion Sky. His healing is not that slow... The only problem is KOing her after that. But he can do that with Fortuna'ing twice, another Altair canon, and his S-Craft?
Elliot Craig vs. Ike: He has to worry about AETHER... but Aether was melee only so he'd go for using Dark Matter for offense to minimize the chances of that? Alternatively Ike's Res may make Nightmare turn 1?
Elliot Craig vs. Geno: Geno Boost gives Geno damage and durability with which he can lay down the hurt... but Elliot can respond by using Shining to make Geno use his magic, which he'll run out of? Or Detecter Alpha to neuter the damage.
Elliot Craig vs. Alicia: Shining and status.
Elliot Craig vs. Fujin
Elliot Craig vs. Vayne Aurelius: S-Breaks can't interrupt time-stops, but Shining might let him survive. Vayne's assault. Or Detecter Alpha's damage bust.

Gespent vs. Lyon (S5): Instant Death
Gespent vs. Ike: Instant Death, phys immunity
Gespent vs. Geno: Instant death...
Gespent vs. Alicia: Phys immunity...
Gespent vs. Fujin: Fujin v Boss
Gespent vs. Vayne Aurelius: Phys immunity...

Igornak vs. Lyon (S5)
Igornak vs. Ike: Counters!
Igornak vs. Geno
Igornak vs. Alicia
Igornak vs. Fujin

Jude vs. Lyon (S5): OHKO. Good thing for her.
Jude vs. Ike: ranged counters are a B here. Spoiled.
Jude vs. Geno: I think he can get off two boosted CAR-DESTROYERS before he is KO'd? Could block ID?
Jude vs. Alicia: His phys+Assault buster together were 20K damage? Yeah she probably can't outheal that.
Jude vs. Fujin: Status? He'll kill if not.
Jude vs. Vayne Aurelius: Enough damage to overcome his durability?

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 04:36:36 AM »
Doing Lord Lobster first per request in chat.

Usual disclaimer: I use the combined average.  So Ryoma's PDur is more like ~0.99 (rather than 1.09 from the BR topic), and the damage average is mildly higher (I dunno, I'd kneejerk around a 50 killpoint?), but he's relatively faster (32.2 speed vs. 27.6 avg. speed, so yes, he barely doubles average, barely).  He likes this trade.

Ryoma vs. Lady Harken
WAo Harken is horrible, ACF Harken probably doubles and wins. 
Ryoma vs. Lyon (S5)
Instant death.
Ryoma vs. Ike
Ike10 is more durable, more damaging, and is immune to crits (EDIT: FE9 Ike only?) & Astra.  Better dodge isn't enough.
Ryoma vs. Alicia
Astra or a crit ruins Alicia's stall game.
Ryoma vs. Fujin
Doubles & KOs on turn 1, which is good since the lobster loses if Blinded.
Ryoma vs. Margulis
Uhhh...  this is actually kinda problematic, especially if you see Raijinto as Lightning elemental, which Margulis resists.  Margulis is fast so won't be doubled and has time to summon shadows, build stock, and maybe even eventually start healing.  He has some ITD damage that downs which disables further evasion as well.  Ryoma can still win, but it requires crits / Astra and seeing Raijinto as Slash elemental.  Could be convinced on this one.

2-3

Outlasts.
Elliot Craig vs. Ike
Aether, if nothing else.
Elliot Craig vs. Alicia
Status.
Elliot Craig vs. Fujin
Status.
I think Acala Seal *is* HP limited, but it hardly matters with Margulis durability & Elliot damage.

2-3

Jude vs. Lyon (S5)
Magic damage.
Jude vs. Ike
Ranged counters.
Jude vs. Alicia
Sure I'll bite.
Jude vs. Fujin
Jude vs. Margulis

Everyone is 2-3!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 11:11:48 PM by SnowFire »

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 11:04:09 PM »
Elliot Craig vs. Lady Harken- Maybe getting more into the nitty gritty would prove otherwise, but a quick glance suggest there's no way for Elliot to knick Harken into kill range (assuming his hitting her Ice weakness, which I think ACF separates Ice and Water so ? there) without giving her a fatal Maximum Risk.
Elliot Craig vs. Ike
Elliot Craig vs. Geno
Elliot Craig vs. Alicia
Elliot Craig vs. Fujin
Elliot Craig vs. Vayne Aurelius

4-4

Gespent vs. Lady Harken- Superior boss from superior Wild ARMs game.
Gespent vs. Lyon (S5)- So I'm entirely inclined to see Sun as hitting his Light weakness.  Except she still has to OHKO him.  *skims*  3x damage?  Huh.  Neat.
Gespent vs. Ike
Gespent vs. Geno
Gespent vs. Alicia
Gespent vs. Fujin
Gespent vs. Vayne Aurelius
Gespent vs. Margulis

5-3

Igornak vs. Lady Harken
Igornak vs. Lyon (S5)
Igornak vs. Ike
Igornak vs. Geno
Igornak vs. Alicia
Igornak vs. Fujin
Igornak vs. Margulis

3-5

Jude vs. Lady Harken
Jude vs. Lyon (S5)
Jude vs. Ike
Jude vs. Geno
Jude vs. Alicia
Jude vs. Fujin
Jude vs. Vayne Aurelius
Jude vs. Margulis

4-4

Ryoma vs. Lady Harken
Ryoma vs. Lyon (S5)
Ryoma vs. Ike- kneejerk.  Ike can survive a crit or astra, Ryoma cannot survive an Aether, they're otherwise fairly even.
Ryoma vs. Geno
Ryoma vs. Alicia
Ryoma vs. Fujin
Ryoma vs. Vayne Aurelius
Ryoma vs. Margulis

1-7
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 11:43:32 PM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 07:03:25 AM »
Gespent (WA3) vs. Time's claim of "prays for no FF5 Bards" (edit: *TIDE's, damnit, sorry man)
Requiem is below average damage by endgame and FF5 Bard has no ID immunity, thus Corpse Claw claims a victim easily.

Actual matches!

Gespent vs. Lady Harken: Depends entirely on if Valiant can damage Gespent with his shield up. Tide? EDIT: Sounds like no.
Gespent vs. Lyon (S5): Yeah, sure. She probably 2HKOs, Gespenst has some noted accuracy woes, and Lyon is fairly good at parrying, only six PCs outdo her at it.
Gespent vs. Ike: Sure Ragnell has an argument to pierce Gespenst's bullshit, but Ike needs a lot of calls in his favour here: he needs to evade turn 1 (and isn't as good in either absolute or relative terms as Lyon is), and he needs to double (+3.6 AS against Gespy's slightly above average speed) since he isn't 2HKOing.
Gespent vs. Geno: Gespy durability could be better but it's not "2HKOed by Geno" bad, and anyway his ID is probably turn 1 here.
Gespent vs. Alicia: ID blocker. Alicia is not all physical, the Holy Sword has a slight magic component which damages physically immune enemies in VP2. Even if it doesn't remove Gespenst's barrier, it will sneak through and do some damage, and that's all she needs.
Gespent vs. Fujin: Not sure how good Fujin is at MDef. Gespenst wins like everything else, but I know Fujin had quite MDef, so if it's REALLY good she might take this...
Gespent vs. Vayne Aurelius: Pure physical.
Gespent vs. Margulis: Gespy has a 17HKO here, which gives Margulis a LOT of Ratkas (at least 10?). That's too much. To make matters worse he will boost/combo some of those for big damage bonuses.

Igornak vs. Lady Harken: Yeah I really doubt Igornak is avoiding a hell of a nasty Maximum Risk here, he wishes his double wasn't parriable.
Igornak vs. Lyon (S5): Lyon really needs to OHKO here I think. Suspect she just misses. If she doesn't get it Igornak laps her, and uh her HP isn't too hot so she might just die one turn anyway.
Igornak vs. Ike: Doubles and counters.
Igornak vs. Geno: Somewhat close certainly, but I think he tanks long enough.
Igornak vs. Alicia: Double on a doubleturn should win it. Alicia might be able to blitz? Eh probably not.
Igornak vs. Fujin: No.
Igornak vs. Vayne Aurelius: Vayne's Overrealm turn comes before Igornak's fast-recharge second.
Igornak vs. Margulis: Durability gap is too wide.

Jude vs. Lady Harken: Mocks Assault Buster, parries the physicals, generally gets off one hell of a nasty Maximum Risk.
Jude vs. Lyon (S5): This has to be a OHKO.
Jude vs. Ike: Jude probably uses Silver Launcher to avoid counters. At that point he wins speed, but Ike wins PDur and damage. Jude 6HKOs, Ike 4HKOs. Jude just misses a 5HKO and might get it with an Assault Buster, but nah, Ike probably has enough speed/def to wreck that down to Silver Launcher level or worse.
Jude vs. Geno: Jude has to hurt his stats to block ID, and Geno just boosts and outslugs then anyway.
Jude vs. Alicia: Yep, Jude puts up the big Assault Buster numbers here.
Jude vs. Fujin: I really doubt Fujin is as slow as 80% speed in practice. FF8 ATB gauge doesn't stop when it fills up so all bosses are slightly faster than they appear on paper. Also didn't think FF8 speed was linear? So Fujin avoids a OHKO and uses Pain or something.
Jude vs. Vayne Aurelius: Close. Vayne needs all three hits of his Overrealm combo (Chaos Devotion x2 + Blade Pillar) to kill, and Blade Pillar only barely breaks Ignia Guard's defence (it does about 15.3%).
Jude vs. Margulis: If Margulis were a little slower, or less evasive, or if Rakta weren't magic...

Ryoma vs. Lady Harken: I don't thinks she doubles, and she doesn't need to: Maximum Risk is ITE, and Harken Tempest doesn't trigger counters.
Ryoma vs. Lyon (S5): Lyon is faster and 2HKOs on successful hits, but landing those is hard. (She has above average Tech but hell no to doing that.) Ryoma probably 2HKOs her below average HP, and I don't think her evade quite saves her, especially since Ryoma can use a Silver Katana to finish. Setting Sun is ~35% against Ryoma's evade (status attached to damage is evadable in FEs), so is turn 3.
Ryoma vs. Ike: Pretty similar! But... Ryoma has that evade. ESPECIALLY on his own turns, Ike practically can't land counters against him. Ike does 3HKO while Ryoma 4HKOs, but I really don't think that's enough. Vantage could also easily by decisive here.
Ryoma vs. Geno: Mm. Geno Whirl is turn 2 and is ST so triggers counters... that could be bad? Nah, Geno boosts first so he's only 4HKOed, then can try for Whirl safely.
Ryoma vs. Alicia: Puts on way too much pressure.
Ryoma vs. Fujin: 88% speed is needed to avoid being doubled by Ryoma. I bet Fujin has at least that much. Guess Pain does its thing.
Ryoma vs. Vayne Aurelius: Vayne's big combo is three separate ST evadable attacks. No. He can sub in Violent Pillar x3 instead but if even one of those misses, Ryoma wins.
Ryoma vs. Margulis: Kalagnirudra is Margulis' money move here; it 6-7HKOs but is ITE and MT. However he can't use it at full HP, he'll have to use a much weaker MT instead (though good enough to tip him into 6HKO once he drops below 80%). Ryoma has a 6HKO, maybe lower due to Margulis evade but maybe higher due to Astra. Margulis importantly will double before the battle ends, and will also get off one boost. Ryoma needs to attack twice to trigger Margulis' limit, so Margulis effectively 8HKOs while Ryoma 6HKOs... but Margulis goes first, gets a CTB double at some point, and gets a Boost at some point. Shadows might help too, but I think Margulis wins without 'em, if barely.

Gespenst 4-3
Ryoma 4-4
Igornak 3-5
Jude 1-7
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 02:27:20 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 01:52:14 PM »
Gespent (WA3) vs. Time's claim of "prays for no FF5 Bards"
Requiem is below average damage by endgame and FF5 Bard has no ID immunity, thus Corpse Claw claims a victim easily.

Look, is it so wrong to hype super bards? NEB catching on to my plans of eventual Tal-supremacy.

Also, I like the typo of my name. I like to think I have managed to merge with time itself from doing speedruns.
<@Claude> yahtzee

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 11:12:00 PM »
Edited in Elliot & Jude votes.  Also voting for Margulis > Ryoma.  Don't really feel confident in Ignorak or Gespenst recollection.

Elf: Does Nihil not work on all skills?  I'd assume it turns off Ryoma's Evasive Blow myself, but maybe I'm missing something.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 12:38:23 AM »
I was voting based off FE9 Ike, as I tend to unless the character is named Elincia or Sothe, since it sidesteps the issue of what the hell I do with the FE10 laguz in the averages.

FE10 Ike does indeed turn off skills, though he's not immune to crits, and in fact he's like -7 luck from average or so, so his crit rate is substantially higher than Ike's Aether rate. The ~50% evade is the real problem, though. Ike10 might take this, but you do 100% have to give him authority, otherwise the number of extra hits Ryoma needs is dwarfed by the acc/evade differences.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.