Author Topic: RPGDL 2017 Season 2 Finals  (Read 1651 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
RPGDL 2017 Season 2 Finals
« on: November 27, 2017, 01:48:18 PM »
Godlike

Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Rubicante (Final Fantasy IV)

Heavy

Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2) vs Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII)

Middle

Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII) vs Odessa Silverberg (Suikoden)

Light

Ace (Suikoden III) vs Aguro (Lufia & The Fortress of Doom)

Data Mine

For the following games, please indicate if you have played the game.  Additionally, if there are non-playership reasons you could object to ranking the game, please indicate this as well.

Bravely Second: End Layer
Cosmic Star Heroine
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky The 3rd
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II
Persona 5
Pokémon Sun/Moon
South Park: The Stick of Truth
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: RPGDL 2017 Season 2 Finals
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 07:19:48 PM »
Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Rubicante (Final Fantasy IV) - Yuna leaves the aeon conga at home, brings that Phantom Bangle and makes a crying wreck out of Rubicante. The physicals aren't COMPLETELY trivial, but Protect takes the dent out of them.

Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2) vs Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) - EDIT: Dispel completely wrecks any semblance of a gameplan Lilka has against Fang.

Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII) vs Odessa Silverberg (Suikoden) - As solid as Odessa is, she can't chip past a L2, methinks... but she CAN chip past a L3 and Stardust Ray cannot OHKO. He -can- heal-lock with Fire 3 once he has a full limit gauge, though... which might not be enough anyway? I'll think about this fight.

Ace (Suikoden III) vs Aguro (Lufia & The Fortress of Doom) - Ace doesn't 3HKO, Aguro does... but I'd peg Ace's effective evade at around 20-25%, methinks? Which may well turn the tide in his favor. Factor in a possible lucky crit that may let him 3HKO and I guess the odds are somewhat, if not decisively, in his favor. I'll mull this a bit too.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 02:31:00 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 07:30:18 PM »
Godlike

Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Rubicante (Final Fantasy IV) - I have this feeling of deja vu.

Middle

Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII) vs Odessa Silverberg (Suikoden) - Think this is right to me.

Light

Ace (Suikoden III) vs Aguro (Lufia & The Fortress of Doom) - uh.  I'm not sure Ace 4-3s and he probably needs to as I'm not willing to hype his evade seeing as he lacks anything that boosts it.  Prolly gonna abstain on this one.

Pools I guess

Chelle, Claude, Jowy, Odd Eye, Lilka

Gaius, Rose, Sierra, Pirate, Odessa, Red

Gaius should at least have the damage control needed to beat Red and may well two-round Pirate, Defang be damned (and even if he doesn't, he certainly three-rounds, Defang isn't -that- good and Pirate dies to counters if he brave blitzes) but gets outsped and ID'd by Sierra and Rose and Shredded by Odessa (and no way am I buying Gaius keeping his evade while under Wind of Sleep, he's not being hit with FE8-and-previous sleep, for starters, never mind that I default to Assassin Gaius who doesn't pull off a turn 1 dodge on average).  Rose spoils the crap out of Sierra and may well win first turn anyways, Pirate can't block Fear and ID at the same time which means she can probably outslug, Odessa depends on whether or not The Shredding OHKOs her and I'm not entirely sure so abstain, Red is faster, immunes ID, and 2HKOs her at base so Fear probably won't help.  Sierra gets brave blitz'd by the ID-immune Pirate but 2HKOs Red while avoiding a limit (regardless of average, I'd think, Red durability is only a smidge above average) and should probably live to ID Odessa, Pirate brave blitzes Odessa (if I wasn't sure she managed the OHKO to Rose, she very likely doesn't here) and Red, Odessa vs. Red is see above.

Gaius: 2-3
Rose: 3-1-1
Sierra: 3-2
Pirate: 3-2
Odessa: 3-1-1
Red: 1-4

Alma, Abomasnow, Mallow, Chloe, Aguro, Ace

Data Mine

For the following games, please indicate if you have played the game.  Additionally, if there are non-playership reasons you could object to ranking the game, please indicate this as well.

Bravely Second: End Layer - not played
Cosmic Star Heroine - not played
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - not played
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky The 3rd - played
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II - not played
Persona 5 - played
Pokémon Sun/Moon - played
South Park: The Stick of Truth - not played
South Park: The Fractured But Whole - not played
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 04:57:53 AM by Random Consonant »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 10:08:09 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII) vs Odessa Silverberg (Suikoden)- Strong inclination, battle favors her on average.

Light

Ace (Suikoden III) vs Aguro (Lufia & The Fortress of Doom)- Better.

Chelle, Claude, Jowy, Odd Eye, Lilka, Fang

Chelle>Odd Eye>Fang>Jowy>Claude>Lilka offhand? Don't think Claude or Jowy OHKO Odd Eye; if that happens he drops down to Heavy.

Sierra: 4-1 (Red/Odessa/Gaius/Pirate)
Pirate: 4-1 (Red/Odessa/GaiusRose)
Odessa: 3-2 (Red/Gaius/Rose)
Red: 2-3 (Gaius/Rose)
Gaius: 1-4 (Rose)
Rose: 1-4 (W: Sierra)

Rose is a Middle who spoils Sierra. Sierra beats everyone but Rose and possibly Pirate. I'm abstaining there, not sure about BD ID blockers. Draining means she doesn't care about Red's limits, everyone else dies to ID. Pirate smashes the rest. It's possible Gaius can evade his way out of trouble, but Gaius really dislikes Defang.  Odessa's more of a Heavy thanks to good stats+wind rune. Gaius dislikes the evade+healing, Rose gets 2HKOed and Red needs a ton of judgment calls to be even be competitive against Odessa. Red vs Gaius is interesting. Red can just use Fire 3 and kill Gaius with a limit. Gaius's durability is so trash that he can't really avoid to get cute and chip past Red's limit either.

Wasn't surprised to see Rose get stomped, was surprised that Gaius faired so poorly.

Alma, Abomasnow, Mallow, Chloe, Aguro, Ace

I'm abstaining on Alma. Uh. Bunch of close fights here. Any of the four I can vote on might go down; every single match is close. Thinking Chloe goes down and Aguro/Ace up.

Cmdr:Not played to all above listed games for data mining.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 01:42:18 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 01:20:37 AM »
Godlike

Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Rubicante (Final Fantasy IV): Nulls fire, has great evade, Protect, tons of healing, Holy... and Aeons too!

Heavy

Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2) vs Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII): Dispel -> Status probably works.

Middle

Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII) vs Odessa Silverberg (Suikoden): L2 Limit damage is enough?

Light

Ace (Suikoden III) vs Aguro (Lufia & The Fortress of Doom): I see Lufia/Jerin having their damage doubling rings.

Data Mine

Bravely Second: End Layer: Not played.
Cosmic Star Heroine: Played, stat-topic'd.
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia: Not played.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky The 3rd: Not played ;_;
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II: Played! No objection to ranking per se but I imagine it will be 'overridden' by ToCS3/4.
Persona 5: Not played ;_;
Pokémon Sun/Moon: Not played... which okay I haven't played a PKMN game in a decade.
South Park: The Stick of Truth: Not played.
South Park: The Fractured But Whole: Not played.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 04:05:43 AM »

Heavy

Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2) vs Fang (Final Fantasy XIII)
I'll buy Jo'ou - Reflect, Hi-Heal, wait for a string of dodges and Haste, then eventually go aggro.  Fang wishes she had more damage variance like crits because Lilka does have to wait awhile to do that safe haste.
EDIT: Sure, I'll buy Fang-Dispel hype.

Middle

Odessa probably wins with temp scaling, has trouble juggling a limit otherwise?  Eh.

Data Mine

I kinda assume the original Cold Steel datamine was for both CS1 & 2?  It was done when 2 was the only stat topic'd one anyway.  Doesn't REALLY matter outside a certain CS1 PC I suppose.

Played:
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II
Persona 5

Not played, but will play:
Cosmic Star Heroine (when is that Vita version coming, Zeboyd)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky The 3rd (it's installed & ready to go)

Not Played, Unlikely to Play:
Pokémon Sun/Moon
South Park: The Stick of Truth

--
I don't normally look at the pools too much, but since I disagree with Super quite a bit on his, my two cents.

Sierra: 2-3 (Odessa/Gaius)
Pirate can block ID and ORKOs.
Red can block ID and forces Sierra to use draining or die...  but...  I don't think drain + best damage is a 2HKO, and keeping up teh Drain sets up a killing Limit.  Close though.  If it is barely a 2HKO, Red can can nuke his own damage and go for the +Spirit weapon...  not sure if that will save him, but maybe, a Limit is still trouble.
Rose can block ID, punch her in the face, then ID her.
Gaius/Odessa get ID'd (unless Odessa can OHKO off temp scaling).

Pirate: 4-1 (Sierra/Red/Odessa/Rose)
By my damage averages, Pirate deals 1.02 PCHP with his 2x axe max burst combo.
Rose gets ORKO burst'd.
Red and Odessa can't deal with turn-1 attack debuffs in Defang  / Skull Bash.
Gaius, OTOH, is a horrible matchup, even with ignore-evasion hype for BD (which is a lil' shaky here considering how all-encompassing FE evade is).  Eating a counter per ACTION is completely horrible but is totally how it works in BD, so uh prepare to get your face smashed in by WTA Brave Sword counters.  2x Amped Strike might baaaarely kill Trickster if you force Gaius into that form AND see his evade as worthless, but that's it.

Odessa: 1-4 (Rose)
Odessa needs to have her magic seen as ITE to beat Gaius, she gets shredded otherwise.  I dunno how accurate the terrible defense is in the Gourry stat topic, but bad defense counts quadruple against 4x Brave hits.  She might lose even with super-temp scaling.
I dunno about Odessa vs. Red, but leaning toward letting Red have his fun with a limit.
She does blast Rose a new one.

Red: 3-2 (Sierra/Rose/Odessa)
Red vs. Gaius is weird, because Red can "force" Gaius to knock him into a limit just by attacking into him if he's not careful.  That said, open with Silver Bow +1 and thwack with it, then finish with Brave Sword I think.  I guess Red can use magic to force a counter out...  but Gaius can intentionally equip a really crappy bow.... eh, head hurts, no, Gaius has it probably.
Red blocks ID and 2HKOs Rose and is weirdly faster.  Even if he barely missed it, Rose is so close to death's door that draining or Fear won't help.

Gaius: 4-1 (Rose, Pirate, Odessa, Red)
Gaius chippershreds Rose on the turn 1 counter.

Rose: 1-4 (Sierra)

That was super's order, so mine would be Pirate = Gaius  > Red > Sierra > Rose = Odessa .
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 03:40:49 AM by SnowFire »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 06:02:55 PM »
Gaius gets owned so badly by wind of sleep, it's not funny. Defang is a problem for him against pirate as well.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 07:05:55 PM »
Every pirate attack gets countered by FOUR brave sword hits.  That is completely horrible, 88 damage raw, 92 with WTA.  But wait it gets worse; Defang works better when Pirate is running an Axe / Shield setup, which is hurting Pirate's own offense.  If Pirate is hurting his defense, he is eating MORE counters, so he should probably throw the shield aside and use 2x Axes anyway.  Suppose  Defang -> Amped Strike -> Double Damage is a kill  on Gaius.  That's still eating Gaius's turn and 2 Defang'd counters.  Ignoring Defang for a second, that's like 3x PCHP (assuming Assassin Gaius) against Pirate's 2x Axe setup of .84 PCHP, 1.37 PCHP after Defang durability.  It's also 12 attempts to proc Lethality if you care (although Pirate probably just blocks ID anyway). 

So just to be clear, Pirate never lives to see a turn if he opens 2x Axes doing to getting ORKO'd, and if he does 1x Axe / 1x Shield, he's merely at death's door and about to walk into counters.  I guess if you don't let Gaius counter AND see BD as beating FE evade shield Pirate can win, but I think that's it.

The stat topic kinda antihypes Wind of Sleep hugely, says it usually lasts a single turn.  Even if it works, sleeping FE characters can inexplicably still dodge IIRC.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 07:20:55 PM by SnowFire »

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 11:41:07 PM »
Bravely Second: End Layer - Have not played, intend to
Cosmic Star Heroine - Not played
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Not played
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky The 3rd - Played
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II - Have not played, intend to
Persona 5 - Played
Pokémon Sun/Moon - Played
South Park: The Stick of Truth - Have not played
South Park: The Fractured But Whole - Have not played

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2017, 02:58:30 AM »
Godlike

Yuna (Final Fantasy X)
vs Rubicante (Final Fantasy IV)

Heavy

Middle

Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII) vs Odessa Silverberg (Suikoden)- Well, if this is close ish or whatever, voting for the one with valid notes

Light

Data Mine

Played

The rest: Not played
...into the nightfall.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 06:57:39 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2)vs Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII)

Middle

Light

Data Mine

Bravely Second: End Layer - Played
Cosmic Star Heroine - Not played, plan to soon
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Played
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky The 3rd - No
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II - No
Persona 5 - No
Pokémon Sun/Moon - Not played, plan to soon
South Park: The Stick of Truth - No
South Park: The Fractured But Whole - No
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 06:59:33 AM by Luther Lansfeld »
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2017, 07:47:24 PM »
Also, in the realm of ranking new stuff...  I realize nothing crosses the threshold at the moment, but it's possible that might change if some of the people who haven't been around in a long time (e.g. dude) were shuffled off the list of voters?  Tide, DragonKnight Zero, and OK all vote sometimes.

I know Elf mentioned Fates in the last thread, but Child of Light and Pokemon X/Y are both at 9 voters, so they seem a little closer to maybe rankability.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2017, 08:29:28 PM »
I've been thinking along the same lines, to be honest (in particular the "y'know CoL and Gen 6 are allllmost there, can I modernize the player pool in a way to put them over the top?" bit), but I don't want to change how I do rankings before changing that aspect of it, so that'll have to be the next one.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2017, 11:02:06 PM »
Godlike

Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Rubicante (Final Fantasy IV) - Yep

Heavy

Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2) vs Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) - Sure

Middle

Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII) vs Odessa Silverberg (Suikoden) - Indeed

Light

Ace (Suikoden III) vs Aguro (Lufia & The Fortress of Doom) - Also

Data Mine

Bravely Second: End Layer - Played
Cosmic Star Heroine - Not played, but I can see an issue ranking it if the game objectifies women
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Played
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky The 3rd - No play
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II - No play
Persona 5 - Played
Pokémon Sun/Moon - Played to an extent
South Park: The Stick of Truth - Played
South Park: The Fractured But Whole - Played
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2017, 02:11:55 AM »
Godlike

Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Rubicante (Final Fantasy IV): Well Yuna can absorb fire on top of whatever else you could say.

Heavy

Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2) vs Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII): I feel like this thread contains a list of people who remembered Fang has reflect vs people who didn't. Unless any of the Lilka voters actually have an argument that addresses this? (I'm not thinking about this too hard right now.)

Middle

Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII) vs Odessa Silverberg (Suikoden): Doubt Odessa dodges a L2 and that's probably too much.

Played:
Bravely Second
Fire Emblem Echoes

Will play soon:
Cosmic Star Heroine

Probably within a year or two:
Pokemon Sun/Moon

Nope:
other stuff

Pools later. Gaius totally curbstomps Pirate though.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 02:39:01 AM »
Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2) vs Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII): I feel like this thread contains a list of people who remembered Fang has reflect vs people who didn't. Unless any of the Lilka voters actually have an argument that addresses this? (I'm not thinking about this too hard right now.)

Interesting, doesn't Lilka still wall Fang too much and Fang didn't have healing? If I'm remembering Fang correctly, Lilka casts reflect, slowly works to buff her evasion to perfect and heals, and then eventually will win with horrible physicals? There's a decent chance I'm forgetting the breadth of Fang's skillset though.
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2017, 02:46:23 AM »
Yeah, I'm with Dhyer.  Even if Lilka's offense sucks, FF13 Limit-building deserves like 0 respect, and she doesn't even need to hit perfect evasion.  The only way Fang wins is if you both see Fang's physical game as excellent (which I think I do more than you, Elf, since Ravager Hope/Vanille for me) AND scale Lilka's base evasion in some way or otherwise disrespect it, such that Fang has to get ludicrously unlucky to not threaten a 2HKO AND not see Lilka as getting turn-based doubles off her base speed.  If all that is true, Lilka never really safely casts her haste.  If she gets Hasted, haste more for some evasion, Hype Weapon, smash with buffed physicals.  (Okay, I guess you can also set FF13's starting gauge at like 2.5 bars so she can hit 3 for Summon fast enough.)

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2017, 02:56:54 AM »
NEB meant Dispel. Fang doesn't have Reflect.

I don't know how WA2 interacts with Dispel offhand.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 02:58:33 AM by Pyro »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2017, 03:39:35 AM »
Oh.  Okay I'm less forgetful than I thought, it was a big surprise to me that Fang had Reflect!

I think Lilka just loses (unless you see WA2 Dispel's suck as applying to enemy casts as well).  Even if her stat buffs aren't dispellable (questionable), Reflect surely is, and Fang can follow up Dispel with fishing for deadly status.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2017, 03:41:02 AM »
Yep, meant Dispel, sorry. It casts only a fraction of her turn so it gives her action economy against any Lilka buffing strategy, so she has to win without those.

EDIT: Lilka's stat buffs are most definitely removed by Dispel in WA2, and Fang's Dispel most definitely removes stat boosts (Brave/Faith/etc.) so there's really no question there.

Maybe.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2017, 05:39:05 AM »
I know Elf mentioned Fates in the last thread, but Child of Light and Pokemon X/Y are both at 9 voters, so they seem a little closer to maybe rankability.

Fates is at... I believe 10/20? CK's numbers are out of date and don't list Meeple, Gate, Djinn, or Malcolm (not that I can remember the last time Malcolm voted). Granted it's possible those two games are similarly undercounted. Like I said, I'm not in any way opposed to other such ranking ideas.

Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2017, 02:30:12 PM »
Godlike

I actually didn't remember Fang had dispel, I kept remembering Dispelga as a TP skill only! And yeah, Lilka doesn't have much of a counter-argument there, methinks. Dispel => status => smash, I'mma changing my vote.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2017, 07:16:38 PM »
Speaking of borderline games on votership...   not that I'm advocating ranking this one...  but you can put me down as a P2:EP voter I suppose, CK.  (Although it isn't finished.)

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2017, 11:45:59 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Data Mine

Cosmic Star Heroine
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia- Played
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky The 3rd- Played
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II- Played
Persona 5
Pokémon Sun/Moon- Played
South Park: The Stick of Truth- Played

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2017, 01:27:45 PM »
Godlike

Yuna (Final Fantasy X) vs Rubicante (Final Fantasy IV): Maybe we should split Godlike into two divisions. Yuna championships are starting to get uncountable...

Heavy

Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2) vs Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII): Dispel hype!

Middle

Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII)vs Odessa Silverberg (Suikoden): I can barely remember Odessa.

Light

Ace (Suikoden III) vs Aguro (Lufia & The Fortress of Doom): Slightly better slugger.

Data Mine

Bravely Second: End Layer: In-progress!
Cosmic Star Heroine: Not played yet. It's on the list.
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia: Not played. Also on the list.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky The 3rd: Not played, future status unsure at this point.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II: Not played, maybe someday?
Persona 5: Played. Extensively.
Pokémon Sun/Moon: Played. More extensively than I care to admit.
South Park: The Stick of Truth: Not played.
South Park: The Fractured But Whole: Not played.
FE Fates: Conquest played.
P2:EP: Played.
Eien no Filena: Played <3 (Lesbian power couple hype goes here)